I am a white german american. I don't pull the race card. How many people are sick of the race card including myself? How do you refer yourself?

kimmiea 2009/01/23 11:47:02

• bamalady35077 2009/01/23 13:41:22
    It is obvious if one can see my race. Who cares?
    bamalady35077
    +3
    There is no biological difference between people other than the pigment of their skin. It's the attitude of the person that drive me crazy not their race.

• BOHANEY 2009/10/31 22:10:50
    BOHANEY
    I've said it and meant it 10,000 times: There is only one race of homo sapiens, the human race. Many ethnicities, many cultures but only one race: people.

I've never met any racist more radical, hateful, spiteful, mean and demented than a black racist. They are, without exception and without a doubt, the worst of the worst racists. Sickos, one and all.
  • rouserbugs 2009/10/29 14:40:55
    Race matters because???
    rouserbugs
    helps id. I am Scotch matches my drink and my age
  • roger 2009/08/10 00:28:01
    roger
    People need to get away from the race, ethinicity, and nationality dogma if You are American...You are an American or an American in Waiting...the ptb's love it when you say I am African-American, German-American, and any hypenated -American...that is how they rowl up people when they want something...we have to get smarter when dealing with ptb and the media...

this I have believed and believe till day I die...watch this from 1973
  • frienemie 2009/06/03 03:45:08
    frienemie
    ya i sometimes get sht 'cause my grand parents grandmother from germany grand father from russia dont get why people think its funny or that my skin gets dark easlily
  • Balls Of Fury 2009/05/25 13:10:27
    Race matters because???
    Balls Of Fury
    +1
    Well a few things here:

1) You enjoy a system that privilege Caucasians. So it will never be necessary for you to pull the "so called race card" since there is no cause for you to do so and since there are very few racial grievances that you need to actually address.

2) The system of racial classification is not something that Blacks or any other minorities invented. Europeans and White Anglo-Saxons socially constructed the terms. In fact, even some Europeans were considered inferior on the totem poll when the U.S. had immigration quotas in the 19th century. Italians were less desirable than Germans for example. Scientifically, there is no such thing as a race.

So bottom line is that you do not need to play the race. The race card in fact is not being played at all! Racial problems exist, end of the story.

People you claim that the race card is being played are absolutely oblivious on the kinds of conditions some communities live in or have a distorted view on the reality of how life truly is for Blacks and other minorities based on the perception projected by the media and the sports industry. The percentage of successful Blacks in the entertainment industry is less than1-2% and you're talking about 1-2% out of a 15% or less of the U.S. population. The election of a colored President is perhaps an indication that things have improved, but is more of a stepping stone on a very long road to real equality.
  • Larson Whipsnade 2009/05/24 09:44:48
    Larson Whipsnade
    when I talk about myself, I prefer to use such terms as Linguist, Artist, Poet, Veteran, Parkie, Hiker, Hunter, Historian, Musket-shooter, Swordsman, Actor, Musician, Song-writer, Husband and Survivor, because i think those words better describe me than White guy.
    Ok, I sort of look white. My Grandmother was white .In fact the rest of my family on both sides have some white. Then there 's the Vast number of Cheerokees. and Chickia saws and At leats one Mexican Great Grand father who was known by a white name. I'm the light skin in my family who are noticably darker than I am. .......How do I refer to myself? I'm an American. You will find me doing that from about the time I was abut 9 or so.
  • AP 2009/05/23 23:10:18 (edited)
    AP
    +2
    .

You allege that you "dont' pull the race card" -- and yet,
    you appear rather compelled to let us know that you are
    "a white (Race) German (Ethnicity) American (Nationality)".

Based on that it seems to me that you DO in fact "pull the
    race card" -- all while, at the same time also deciding to
    "pull the ethnicity card" and "pull the nationality card".

LOL -- with all those 'cards' in your hand -- I am surprised
    you were able to find enough space there in which to pick
    up a stone and hypocritically attempt to cast it at others.

.
  • BillHill "In God We Trust" 2009/01/28 22:36:40
    BillHill  "In God We Trust"
    I agree. If you were to trace everyone's heritage back 10 generations you would find a bunch of europeans, asians, africans, etc. So I guess I'm acutally English/German American.
  • Silvera 2009/01/23 22:07:08
    Silvera
    How about American? Does that work? I hope so because Norwegian-German-Scottish-Iri... is really a pain to say.
    I don't care if people want to hypenate unless by doing so they are saying that they are specifically different from me. Skin tone & ethnicity are skin deep (literally). There is no genetic difference beyond phenotype (I think that's the right one) for race. And race isn't always obvious. I have two minorities in my background & I'm lily-white. I also have friends who are Spanish & people think they are Mexican.
  • Night 2009/01/23 20:10:13
    Night
    Who cares what the color of your skin is because we are all the same biological speaking and the only thing that matters should be who you are on the inside not the out
  • emmamess ~ In My Conscience... 2009/01/23 20:00:35
    emmamess ~ In My Conscience I Trust ~`
    I am yellow or tan - and I am or mixed heritiage.
  • troy82 - Christ is returnin... 2009/01/23 19:35:20
    troy82 - Christ is returning, Today!
    +2
    I am a Christian - there is only one race, the human race.
  • petean05 2009/01/23 19:33:10
    Race matters because???
    petean05
    +1
    I am a Danish-American, and when people ask me why I am not just an American, I tell them that my Danish heritage is part of who I am, and to deny me my heritage is to deny what it truly means to be an American. If you don't want to acknowledge my race, you don't have to, but don't force me to ignore where I come from.
  • Mollybdamned American Atheist 2009/01/23 18:41:17
    Mollybdamned American Atheist
    +1
    It depends. When I answered the SH questions and it came to race, I put 'other' only because there was no option for Caucasion/Native American and I am not going to choose one over the other. If asked directly how to refer to myself by race: it's Irish-German-Indian. If asked to refer to myself by Nationality it is American. In my town there are many groups and clubs that are for particular groups of people such as the German House, Son's of Norway, Irish music group, Son's and Daughters of Italy, etc. I don't really care one way or the other what folks call themselves.
  • Anthony 2009/01/23 16:58:34
    Anthony
    +1
    most people are the product of their environments...For example a child born into a
    alcoholic family will 99.9% of time grow up confused....Diging your way out of a
    dark hole is not easy...but it takes courage and faith to prevail...this is why some
    people mature at a early age..maturity allows you to see that you are like everybody
    else...no I do not use the race card...also I am not denying who I am... courage faith prevail people mature age maturity race card denying
  • Bob_N,-... Anthony 2009/01/23 19:47:59
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    I agree. Our race or our family environment does not define who we are. We alone define who we are by our actions.
  • Gun665 2009/01/23 16:19:57
  • Bob_N,- Saved and bold for ... 2009/01/23 16:08:40
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +1
    Yes, race is very obvious. I'm not the least bit colorblind as some liberals claim to be, I am intelligent enough to know the different races when I see them. It does not make any difference how I treat other people though! I love people of all races as long as they are decent acting people. I dislike people who are indecent jerks equally as well. I don't hate anyone though because I have the love of Christ in me and for them. It's just that some people are uncomfortable to be around because of the way they act.
  • Barefoo... Bob_N,-... 2009/01/23 16:16:16
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
    +1
    Amen Bob, that is the way I feel, I am colorblind... people are people, some good, some bad....I like the good ones. I don't like ugly either. I Love Jesus and He fills my heart with joy and love. He is carrying me on HIS wings right now!!!! Love n Peace to all, Barefoot:) jesus fills heart joy love carrying wings love peace barefoot
  • Barefoo... Bob_N,-... 2009/01/23 16:16:37
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
    +1
    Thx BOB!!! :)
  • myassis... Bob_N,-... 2009/01/23 18:01:41
    myassisdragon
    +1
    I agree with you Bob,as long as anyone,regardless of race treats me the way they want to be treated,I will show them due respect.There are some people(white,black or any other skin color)that I've met throughout my world travels(courtesy of Uncle Sam and the USN) that I didn't particually like but the good outnumbered the bad.As for the bad,I took my Grandmothers advice and stayed away from them.
  • Dale 2009/01/23 15:04:39
    Dale
    +1
    Racism will end when we take the hyphen out of our ethnic origin, and not a minute before.
  • Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm... 2009/01/23 14:56:51
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
    +1
    I refer to myself as an American citizen for America, no racism here. What a sad world.... Love n Peace to all: Barefoot
  • bamalady35077 2009/01/23 13:41:22
    bamalady35077
    +3
  • coffee man 2009/01/23 13:29:40
    coffee man
    I think there is a lot of tension right now over all these racial issues and there are too many people that are just hyper sensitive to it.
    Yes, there is a definite double standard against white folks when it comes to racism. Actually I should use the word "blatant". But then there is just as much of a blatant double standard when it comes to men and sexism. So really being a white male means that society accepts the double standards against you and does not forgive the ones you impose on others.
    I'm glad that people are starting to recognize the hypocrisy in a lot of this stuff (If a preacher condemns white people it's understandable and he's just speaking out but if a preacher condemns a black person he needs to be arrested. If a woman wears a low cut top to work it's considered a power play, if a man has a visible bulge in his pants it's sexism. Etc.) but at the same time I don't want to start being a whiny bitch and complain about it all the time and end up sounding just like those that are annoying me in the first place.
    I think for the time being that it is our lot in life as white males that everyone tells us how evil we are, yet they wait for us to make all the decisions and do the work that is going to make their lives easier.
    Go figure.
  • Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist 2009/01/23 12:28:26
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    +1
    I'm sick of it too. This whole election was based one one thing. Obama is black. I hate that shit. He's a person and we're all equal. Focus on what he's doing, and if you have a problem with that, fine.
  • coffee man Ravenho... 2009/01/23 13:49:03
    coffee man
    +1
    I think that has a LOT more to do with it than either side will admit. Everybody really tip toed around the whole "black" thing, his critics didn't mention it because they would be labeled racist (though we all know that it was a huge issue for them) and his supporters didn't mention it because it would sound more like they wanted an idea instead of a candidate.
    Although I would have to say that the election was waaaayyyyyy more about him being a Muslim than it was about him being black. Maybe Muslim is the new Black for some people.
  • Ravenho... coffee man 2009/01/23 14:01:23
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    Yeah, but he's not a Muslim.
  • coffee man Ravenho... 2009/01/23 14:31:07
    coffee man
    +1
    I know, but that doesn't mean that him being or not being a Muslim wasn't one of the major topics of the campaign.
    We can all pretend that him being black didn't have anything to do with our opinion of him, but people were VERY open about how him being a Muslim affected their opinion of him.
  • Ravenho... coffee man 2009/01/23 14:37:12
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    For a fact!! I guess that goes to show us how little we really have evolved.
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2009/01/23 12:27:05 (edited)
    Race matters because???
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    because I am not a kraut.... LOL

I only refer to myself as a wop, dego, cracker or honkey.... Never as a whitie.
  • Warren ... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/01/23 18:49:55
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +1
    LOL! My grandfather for real would often refer to himself as a rotten old kraut.
  • ☠Marz555☠ Warren ... 2009/01/23 18:53:06
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    I really can't see how Europeans could be offended at racial slurs.... Hell, I'm proud os my dego heritage... and as far as krauts,,,, WTH, it refers to shredded cabbage soaked in vinegar. That would like be calling an italian a sketti.
  • Angellbabay 2009/01/23 12:18:52
    Race matters because???
    Angellbabay
    +3
    It doesnt but when they have nothing else to fall back on, its sad and depressing. The worst part is those who point and say he called me a racist....when really they dont think so and so is racist instead just that your ignorant......
  • kimmiea Angellb... 2009/01/23 12:22:54
    kimmiea
    +3
    I don't see color. I don't see race. I am tired of it being rubbed in my face.
  • Angellb... kimmiea 2009/01/23 12:28:17
    Angellbabay
    +1
    I agree with you but there are so many people saying that and not meaning it Its so annoying...Who gives a Damn... cant we just disagree on more relevant issues like weather or not you like peanut butter...yup that is how I am gonna judge things from now on.....If the person like peanutbutter they rock if not then they suck....

Race means that much to me........to compare it with a persons preferance of peanutbutter......
  • coffee man Angellb... 2009/01/23 13:39:10
    coffee man
    Way too many people are throwing around the racism accusation these days. I mean there is no question in my mind that racism toward whites is alive and well, but I've seen so many whites on this site screaming racism when that is far from the case.

It just shows ignorance, on both sides of the fence. All this time many whites have unfairly been called racist and they have tried to explain "I'm not racist, I'm just disagreeing with you, please listen to what I have to say" only to have "Racist!!" thrown back in their face. Now those whites are doing the exact same thing to their black counterparts and it's just fueling the fire. It's hypocritical and ignorant. On both sides.
    For a while there I thought that white men were the only ones that couldn't pitch a fit and scream how unfair things were while waving the flag of political correctness. I guess that time has come.
    I hate political correctness.
  • Angellb... coffee man 2009/01/24 06:06:09
    Angellbabay
    Ya I agree, its just a taboo form of name calling that can cut down all of your reasoning. I think i have only met two actual self-proclaimed racists since Obama has been elected. I prefer people to disagree with his policies as those are debatable, racism is irrational. You cannot speak rationaly to an irrational person.
  • Anthony Angellb... 2009/01/23 17:08:06
    Anthony
    If you 're not a racist don't allow words to hurt you....let it
    run its course but don't accept it....There are many of us
    young,middle,and old who are ignorant....some of us
    matured and moved on and others decided to stay....

2014/10/25 00:46:59