'How To Make Money Selling Drugs': Would You Sell Dope if Legalized?

Fef 2012/08/06 21:08:52
"How To Make Money Selling Drugs" documents the drug war and features Woody Harrelson, Adrian Grenier, 50 Cent, and Eminem. The documentary, written and directed by Matthew Cooke, talks about the broken dream in America and how selling drugs provides a 'get rich quick' scheme for many.

The AMC series "Breaking Bad" features a chemistry teacher that turns to selling illegal drugs (methamphetamine) to support his family when he gets diagnosed with terminal cancer. The character, Walter White, encounters extreme difficulties with the law and organized crime to make and sell the drugs. However, if legalized, Mr. White could make a lot of money as an elite chemist without the inherent dangers in trafficking narcotics.

Below is the trailer from the documentary "How To Make Money Selling Drugs." Do you think you would sell drugs if it were legal?

THEAGITATOR.COM reports:
I helped out a bit with this movie. I also give some commentary for about 20 seconds of it. It's a really creative way to look at the drug war.

Read More: http://www.theagitator.com/2012/08/04/how-to-make-...

• october 2012/08/07 20:55:50
    october
    +1
    I don't do drugs for recreation. Not interested. It's a turn off to me. The only way I do them is if they are prescribed. I don't even like it when it's the latter.

I would be wondering what would happen to the people I'm selling it too. Sure their choice to do it or not but still. I wouldn't want that on me. I wouldn't feel right or comfortable with myself if I did that.
  • mightymouse49 2012/08/07 20:55:02
    mightymouse49
    ..my pharmacist does. If pot becomes legal for medical use...my pharmacist will sell it.
  • kurtanderson1 2012/08/07 20:51:09
    kurtanderson1
    +2
    Do you mean like a pharmaceutical sales rep? Probably, as long as it was helping people with their health problems. I know a few pharma sales people and they make a good living.
  • FatherL... kurtand... 2012/08/07 21:27:10
    FatherLiberty
    +1
    Yes, you are right about them making a good living... but dead wrong about them helping people.
  • kurtand... FatherL... 2012/08/08 02:28:36
    kurtanderson1
    Ya' know what? You are mostly right! Biggest racket ever. I do know a few oldsters who wouldn't be alive if it weren't for the blood thinning meds though....
  • Cleaver62 2012/08/07 20:49:02
    Cleaver62
    +2
    What would be the point? You would have to sell it cheaper than people could buy it in the stores plus it wouldn't be as much fun if you didn't have to worry about getting cought.
  • brian 2012/08/07 20:40:48
    brian
    +2
    Even though there would be a lot of competition Yes. It would be a honest living.
  • ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒ 2012/08/07 20:39:05
    ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒
    +3
    I would cater to anorexics and cancer patients, fo sho!

brownies
  • ALofRI 2012/08/07 20:27:38
    ALofRI
    +1
    Legal or not, we must make up for the many who know no better.
  • Robert Strobel 2012/08/07 20:18:08
    Robert Strobel
    +1
    Or should I say not anymore I used to bring home BANK until the heat started getting hot and I had to cut off a lot of people. I am in the poorhouse as a result. I never did any of my own product that's how I cashed in, but drugs got boring and expensive so I quit.
  • musiclover92 2012/08/07 20:17:44
    musiclover92
    +1
    I don't want anybody coming at me trying to sue me or anything if they get sick
  • ☆FritzW☆ 2012/08/07 20:13:15
    ☆FritzW☆
    +1
    And if it were a program I was running.. no one else would either. In my opinion, it would be a great way to solve some of our countries financial woes by making it a government run program .. even I shudder saying it but... which would control the quality and amounts of drug being sold to the individual user. Also, the some of the proceeds would have to go into rehabilitation programs and every user would have the option of trying to quit without further cost. At this point, anyone caught selling drugs would face a serious.. perhaps life.. prison sentence. No more dealers.. no more deaths due to bad batches or ODs.

The one downfall though.. is that we all know what would happen to the program once the government realized what a cash cow it is.. see social security fund.
  • TheTobyKennedy 2012/08/07 20:12:11
    TheTobyKennedy
    +2
    Why would you want to sell something you can't make any money from? If drugs are legal they will be worthless. That means no money to fund the DEA, prison indusry or Cartels.
  • Julie 2012/08/07 20:04:07
    Julie
    +3
    Cuz they're bad
  • Sebastian Julie 2012/08/07 22:30:00
    Sebastian
    Mkay.
  • yoora501 2012/08/07 20:02:57
    yoora501
    +3
    business is business :pppp
  • chris. 2012/08/07 20:00:40
    chris.
    +1
    i do sell drugs
  • El Prez 2012/08/07 19:57:40
    El Prez
    +3
    Too old, too untinerested and too aware of the consequences of some drug use.. I do not oppose, I would just not participate.
  • Groundskeeper Willy 2012/08/07 19:57:36
    Groundskeeper Willy
    +2
    I have no desire to be promote better living through chemistry.

While I have no qualms about legalizing drugs, there does need to be an element of control so it can become and income stream rather than the net suck it's been on our economy since Nixon 1st began the DEA.

I'd like to see the prison population shifted into treatment facilities.. We should not be incarcerating drug offenders. They should be in treatment.

Cause and effect, we didn't learn our lesson from the 18th amendment. While many seem to think playing morality cop requires a law enforcement way of dealing drug abuse is the way to handle it. I tend to believe that the opposite it true. Make treatment available, and tax the substance as we do booze or smokes. I'd wager that we'd see
    the use of serious drugs such as methamphetamine, cocaine and heroin drop, were pot to be legalized, and the harder drugs fall under the auspices of the FDA, for quality control, and prescription management.
  • Ron in Oregon 2012/08/07 19:56:50
    Ron in Oregon
    +2
    I would rather go to Willeston, N. D and make $1500 a week driving a truck.
  • zoe 2012/08/07 19:55:05
    zoe
    +3
    Never!
  • 2012/08/07 19:46:21
    +1
    Easy way to get money (I can't consume them) plus I'll aid in shattering the Cartel.
  • The Inc... 2012/08/07 20:22:06
    The Incurable Pessimist
    +1
    But the lifestyle is very dangerous.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/07 19:45:30
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Drugs are dangerous.
  • D Robert Burroughs 2012/08/07 19:38:57
    D Robert Burroughs
    +1
    Drugs have been a drain on the human race since the beginning of human existence. Despite the belief that drugs are a gateway to an altered state of being in reality the effect has been deleterious to all.
  • Sin 2012/08/07 19:35:23
    Sin
    +1
    Although it's much, much more profitable being illegal, I could survive in that market without a problem. You'd be surprised at what a small bag of an illegal drug can do for you bills...
  • kozynferg 2012/08/07 19:34:23
    kozynferg
    +1
    Because I assume that when legalized it will require getting a license and setting up a place of business (renting a store front). I believe there will be an age requirement to purchase and if you make mistakes and sell to juveniles you would loose your license and your investment of money and hard work.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/08/07 19:24:35 (edited)
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    No, there would be 'black market' competition. It's not like selling chocolate and flowers. Some drug users and sellers are dangerous. The situation and type of people it attracts would not miraculously change due to legalization.
  • Glenda.Butaud 2012/08/07 19:23:36
    Glenda.Butaud
    +1
    Maybe I've watched to much television but dealing drugs can lead to less than desirable people that can lead to the pearly gates before originally schedule (lol). So that's a big fat no for me.
  • Jacob Torres 2012/08/07 19:17:37
    Jacob Torres
    +1
    Like, what, become a pharmacist? They sell legal drugs.
  • Jacob T... 2012/08/07 19:49:03
    +1
    They mean illegal drugs like meth. I do know Pharmacist sometimes supply medical marihuana but they don't have everything your Top Druglord will have.
  • Brother Bo 2012/08/07 19:10:34
    Brother Bo
    +1
    If drugs were legal, they wouldn't be sold on the street, people would get it from a store so the government could get their taxes from it.
  • laura reade 2012/08/07 19:02:53
    laura reade
    +1
    I would just sell pot if were still forbidden to grow it ourselves.
  • Sweet-N-Sour 2012/08/07 19:02:31
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +2
    I still have principles. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
  • Jkirk3279 2012/08/07 19:02:16
    Jkirk3279
    +3
    If MJ were legalized for Cancer patients and anybody with a permit, I'd build a greenhouse the next day and go into business.

I have no interest in any of that dangerous, harmful crap.
  • me 2012/08/07 19:00:35
    me
    +1
    But if I was younger and it was legal to grow cannabis for any purpose, at one time I might have looked into growing it commercially as a cash crop for its many other uses, not just as recreational pot or medical marijuana though. Legalization of growing and possessing large enough quantities to supply just the person growing it would make prices for recreational pot drop through the floor because its so easy to grow. So money would not be made on it like it is at the current status of illegal, black market drug. But there are so many other uses for the plant, its just crazy to not let the farmers grow it at least for those limited markets. I think some parts of Canada legalized growers for those other markets quiite some time ago.
  • Huli Bunny 2012/08/07 18:57:58
    Huli Bunny
    +4
    Only weed as of now cause I know someone who already does that legally, has won several awards for his hybrid plants and could hook me up. I don't think any drug should be illegal at all, what I want to put in my own body of my own choice is no ones business but my own.
  • phil 2012/08/07 18:56:16
    phil
    +1
    Come on wont change a thing. Drugs ate bad
  • phil phil 2012/08/07 18:57:30
    phil
    +1
    Drugs are bad not ate are. Sorry readers from Phil
  • Connor ... phil 2012/08/07 19:50:45
    Connor Hagan
    +1
    Can you back up that statement? What about tylenol? That's a drug. Is it bad?
    Grouping all illegal drugs together is the wrong way of looking at it. Studies show that pure MDMA is about as bad for you as a single night of drinking. Studies have also shown that marijuana has far less serious health risks than alcohol or tobacco, as well as having medical benefits for both psychiatric and physical disorders. Acid isn't bad for you either but a lot of people have false information on it.

2014/12/22 10:41:51