'How To Make Money Selling Drugs': Would You Sell Dope if Legalized?

Fef 2012/08/06 21:08:52
"How To Make Money Selling Drugs" documents the drug war and features Woody Harrelson, Adrian Grenier, 50 Cent, and Eminem. The documentary, written and directed by Matthew Cooke, talks about the broken dream in America and how selling drugs provides a 'get rich quick' scheme for many.

The AMC series "Breaking Bad" features a chemistry teacher that turns to selling illegal drugs (methamphetamine) to support his family when he gets diagnosed with terminal cancer. The character, Walter White, encounters extreme difficulties with the law and organized crime to make and sell the drugs. However, if legalized, Mr. White could make a lot of money as an elite chemist without the inherent dangers in trafficking narcotics.

Below is the trailer from the documentary "How To Make Money Selling Drugs." Do you think you would sell drugs if it were legal?

THEAGITATOR.COM reports:
I helped out a bit with this movie. I also give some commentary for about 20 seconds of it. It's a really creative way to look at the drug war.

Read More: http://www.theagitator.com/2012/08/04/how-to-make-...

• dave esposito 2012/08/08 07:11:24
    dave esposito
    +1
    I Would do them all...
  • chicku 2012/08/08 06:32:55
    chicku
    why spoil lives
  • Thecharliejay 2012/08/08 06:32:36
    Thecharliejay
    Yes for medical purposes, why wouldn't you help people who are in pain and need it as pain relief.
  • Jacob Giampavlo 2012/08/08 06:05:37
    Jacob Giampavlo
    I would do it. I bust my ass working 50 hours a week. people that do not get a section 8 house paid for in the burbs. Utilities? paid for. Food? paid for. Cell phone? paid for. The more kids the more welfare checks. So yeah I would sell drugs. Easy money.
  • impiety 2012/08/08 06:02:53
    impiety
    No... If it was prescription drugs then I might consider it, but other drugs no way theres so much of a risk factor with selling heroin and cocaine etc.
  • raschell97 2012/08/08 05:59:16
    raschell97
    +1
    once it is legalized the risk factor goes down and with that the market goes down
  • zohrah 2012/08/08 05:56:19
    zohrah
    +1
    no way,,,,,,,,,,i dnt want money which will cause death and many destruction of people's life!!!!!!!!!!!bec0z lives are very much m0re expensive!!!!!!!!!!...........
  • Christine 2012/08/08 05:38:08 (edited)
    Christine
    Yes I would. I have sold alcohol and cigarettes to people when I worked in a supermarket so what is the difference? I have no right to tell a grown person what to do if it is not hurting anyone.
  • MissForiegnBeauty 2012/08/08 05:19:36
    MissForiegnBeauty
    +1
    I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone's death by OD.
  • Barbara 2012/08/08 05:03:37
    Barbara
    If it were legal, I can envisage growing cannabis and selling it to processing companies, so yes.
  • krys 2012/08/08 04:40:27
    krys
    Can't talk for others and am not unemployed etc. So money are out of question. The reason is because I know they are (drugs) not good for your health. Plus How would I know that the person haven't steal something or robed some one? Then I would have stolen money and some ones misery on my hand. So no thank you
  • Christine krys 2012/08/08 05:42:37
    Christine
    If drugs were legal they would be much cheaper and people wouldn't be denied employment due to a failed drug test so the chances of someone having to steal to support a drug habit would be greatly reduced.
  • andrew Christine 2012/08/08 06:34:36
    andrew
    I own a company and would still deny employment to someone failing a drug test. It's not a question of being legal or not, it's the fact that people under the influence of drugs Make poor decisions and it puts others at risk.
  • Scythian andrew 2012/08/08 16:07:35
    Scythian
    I agree with this assessment one hundred percent. I would not sell drugs even if it was legal. As Andrew has pointed so well, making the selling of drugs legal does not in any diminish the devastation that they cause. All we have to do is to look at the havoc that legal synthetic drugs are having on American youth. These are synthetic compounds produce to simulate the effect of the current drugs cocaine, ganja etc.... It is has developed into a billion dollar industry with one horror story after another being reported by the parents etc.... of those who are engaged in their use. Legalization will not solve the problem of addiction and the terrible consequences for those who use drugs and those with whom they are involved i.e., family members, employers, friends, love ones etc....
  • Marianne 2012/08/08 04:38:49
    Marianne
    +1
    Even legalised, it is not a good thing to do.
  • daveygater 2012/08/08 04:38:04
    daveygater
    +1
    if casual use of narcotics and designer drugs was legalized, realize that the manufacture and distribution of such drugs immediately would be controlled by large corporations (ie. street pedalling would vanish overnight)
  • Null_Shock 2012/08/08 04:27:03
    Null_Shock
    I'd sell weed, it is safer than alcohol, a hundred times better for depression than any anti-depression meds, I've taken A LOT of different meds but weed by far works the best, I'm more social, active, productive....though it makes my panic attacks worse but the meds I'm on for anxiety help with that. My shrink is pro weed so was my psych professor....BUT like alcohol it shouldn't be taken lightly, smoke init moderation,shouldn't do anything that could be dangerous....Oh and it nay help the economy at least the snack food industry. Red Vines without being stoned=fraking delicious, Red Vines while stoned= there are no words to describe how truly awesome they are. Last doesn't make you some super wise philosopher, no matter how much you think you are...unless you are when sober (and you're probably not)...No I am not high right now...just very tired, I fell asleep twice while typing this.
  • Gwen 2012/08/08 04:17:11
    Gwen
    +1
    Define dope.
  • Fef Gwen 2012/08/08 04:41:31
    Fef
    Meth, LSD, cocaine
  • Zeus2713 2012/08/08 04:09:03
    Zeus2713
    +1
    why not, another way to get $
  • gayrob21 2012/08/08 03:47:41
    gayrob21
    +1
    if legal why not i do it anyway
  • big kel g 2012/08/08 03:38:43
    big kel g
    +2
    Why not.. people should have a right to choose what they put into their bodies.. no laws mean less crime. In the since that drug dealers don't become bank robbers, after a 10yr stay for felony possesion.. just my thought
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/08/08 03:37:59
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    They have shows about it, "Weeds", "Breaking Bad" shows about turning to Prostitution to pay the bills, you never know WHAT youll do to SURVIVE out here....and thats REAL
  • haShe 2012/08/08 03:11:34
    haShe
    +1
    No that is the job of a pharmacist or pharmacy.
  • Jesse James 2012/08/08 03:04:16
    Jesse James
    +2
    Legalizing drugs would have no positive impact on society. It would only make things worse in every concievable way.
  • gayrob21 Jesse J... 2012/08/08 03:49:15
    gayrob21
    stupid communist
  • Gwen gayrob21 2012/08/08 04:16:28
    Gwen
    +2
    I think he has a right to his opinion. Maybe you're the stupid communist.
  • Jesse J... gayrob21 2012/08/09 17:15:27
    Jesse James
    Stupid tag to apply to my comment by a stupid poster like yourself.
  • Christine Jesse J... 2012/08/08 05:35:55
    Christine
    And how could things (meaning the drug war) get any worse, pray tell!? Legalizing drugs (all drugs) would mean that people who become hopelessly addicted to them could get help easier without fear of reprisals from their families, jobs, or the law. When it is known someone does drugs, they become a pariah. That is not conducive to recovery. Also, the laws make many people into addicts. When a person has an accident or surgery and needs opiate pain medication, they can only legally be prescribed it while they recover from their injuries. Once their injuries and wounds heal, they must be taken off the meds. Many times though, they have developed a physical dependence on opiates by that time, and so need to be weaned VERY slowly off the medication. The law does not allow for that. They withhold the medication and say, "go to rehab and sweat it out". That is not a good idea. So those people say, "ok, I'll just get what I need to survive somewhere else." And they go to street dealers. Not a good idea either. So the patients are forced onto the street and denied the treatment they need. Medicare won't pay for drug rehab or methadone so what do they do?
  • Jesse J... Christine 2012/08/09 17:19:04
    Jesse James
    Your point is valid, however...Legalizing the illicit drugs and making them readily available any and everywhere like Walgreens and Walmart or gas stations isn't the answer to helping those in need like you mentioned. I still don't support the idea. Now your starting to bring out my conservative side and I'm no republican by any streach of the imagination.
  • william raggett 2012/08/08 02:47:12
    william raggett
    +2
    If it was legal the goverment would make all the money
  • peacepu... william... 2012/08/08 04:58:30
    peacepudding
    +2
    Then you just might get to take advantage of social security. Tax the **** out of it!
  • clh1 2012/08/08 02:46:57
    clh1
    +1
    I Hate drugs!!
  • mikesora6777 2012/08/08 02:41:51
    mikesora6777
    +3
    of course i would,o
  • ktyxes 2012/08/08 02:29:23
    ktyxes
    +2
    i would never associate with ppl who use drugs, even if it meant cash in the pocket. drug dealers and users are dirty
  • Darlene Marois 2012/08/08 02:26:46
    Darlene Marois
    +2
    What kind of drugs?? Prescribed? (which are currently illegal when sold on the street) Home made?? Imported?? Natural?? Do we/anyone really know what drugs are efficacious?? Would you sell a child medication because he/she claimed they needed it?? Who makes the final decision? Any person or only those who have been trained?? Which training? Western world knowledge or Eastern knowledge or the native knowledge to each country?? So I would not sell but I might give if I could answer the above questions.
  • heeheemee 2012/08/08 02:24:23
    heeheemee
    +2
    No, because I couldn't live with the knowledge that I'd be responsible for messing up people's lives.
  • chris o heeheemee 2012/08/08 04:08:38
    chris o
    +1
    So the person who wants the drugs is ok but the person selling them is not? What happened to personal responsibilty
  • heeheemee chris o 2012/08/08 16:35:56
    heeheemee
    I can't tell you what makes people stupid enough to try drugs in the first place, but, no, they are not ok either. Me having a moral compass to live by doesn't mean I think they are ok to do drugs.
  • Panloker 2012/08/08 02:11:33
    Panloker
    +3
    If people wanna destroy their lives by being drug addicts, whatever, they are idiots, but no way would ever want to play a role in that, No amount of money is worth having that on my conscience.

2014/08/20 08:49:29