How old do you have to be to drop out of highschool without parent consent

AceBaby10 2010/04/12 16:28:15
i wanna drop out of high school because i wanna do something else. because i already know im not going to be graduating high school already, if i do this i at least wanna take a online class for at least like an hour a day. another reason i wanna drop out is because my boyfriend and i are moving in together.

• Austin Adams 2012/11/08 06:13:34
  • Preston.Walker3 2012/09/26 13:44:35 (edited)
    Preston.Walker3
    +2
    I'm dropping out from my school soon and. I've learned a lot of things from talking to counselors and searching it up. Dropouts can live perfectly normal lives by getting a GED and actually if they pass the GED with a high score then you can go to college for free. For me, I'm going to Alaska to work. I'll be making $3000 a month so don't tell me that dropouts lead horrible lives. I think that if your dropout you have to search for opportunities, and there there, you just have to find them. And I don't know why it says undecided but I'm for dropping out if what you really want to do
  • Darell 2011/07/23 06:20:50
    .
    Darell
    first of all dont listen to idiots thinking GED people cant find jobs.they are seriously stupid.if you apply yourself enough at a interview you can get a good job.im only 15 i plan to drop out of high school.and im getting my GED and going to ITTTech im not gonna waste so much money on collage.i want to be a computer egineer and theres no point of going to a university for that when i can get the same degree at ITTTech.dont listen to every1 there just idiots.go to youtube and look up the collage conspiracy.collage is a way for the government to just make money and you idiots dont even know.be smart.drop out get your GED and if you want to go to a local collage.like lone star ITTTech or any of them.dont worry how people look at you that doesnt matter it all comes down to how you look at yourself and the outcome for yourself.if people cant accept that then tell them to just stay out of your life and stop talking down on everything you do.no one is perfect and not every1 can afford collage or finish high school so all the ppl who vote negative and give a bad comment just shutup.life is what YOU make it not what every1 else tells you to make it.live your own life follow your own path.dont be a follower be the person ppl follow.
  • Brandon 2010/09/29 04:48:14
    .
    Brandon
    dont listen to the rest of these people. thats one thing i hate is when someone else thinks they know what your life is going to be like because its happened to someone they know. well thats not you. they have their own problems. i do believe you have to be 17 to drop out. people say you cant get a good job. dont listen to them you definitely can. take it from me. im 17 i dropped out. ok and my life has only gotten better for me. i dropped out to get me ready for the real world. i wasn't going to waste my time in high school learning things that iam never gonna use in life. yes i know everyone always say your going to use it always in life but no you dont. past your freshman year in high school you dont need anything else. teachers and adults just say you do so you stay in school to sit there in class and learn something useless just so the teachers get paid. thats all. if you feel your ready for this then go for it and dont listen to anyone else giving you negative responses. ^.^
  • molly 2010/04/13 22:18:23
    molly
    Most jobs don't accept GEDs. Not finishing high school is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And you think that by dropping out of high school it's going to be easier to make it on your own? Good luck with that.

Age of drop out has been raised to 17.
  • dizcontent molly 2013/05/07 22:38:00
  • aphrothena~Nyx's beloved da... 2010/04/13 11:43:25
    .
    aphrothena~Nyx's beloved daughter~
    instead of worrying about crap like when you can drop out, GO STUDY!!!
    if you make the wrong decision today, you'll regret it for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!
  • Devoted 2010/04/12 18:59:38
    Devoted
    +1
    My son is 18 years old. He dropped out and regreted very much! He found a school where he can get his diploma at a cost of $500! He is working, going to school and trying his best to graduate by this summer.
    NOTE: Most jobs in Texas will not hire if you do not have at least a GED or High School diploma.
  • METALheadMom 2010/04/12 18:05:10
    .
    METALheadMom
    +1
    WOW. So tell me, what impression do you think people will get of you? Do you care that people think drop outs are lazy and stupid? If you cannot handle something as
    simple as High SCHOOL, who do you think will ever want to give you anything more challenging - like say a JOB? Who do you know that RESPECTS a drop out? What EXCUSE are you going to come up with when people ask you WHY you turned down an easy education?

Drop outs do NOT get to "do something else". At least not something worth anything. You are making a VERY bad decision here that WILL affect you for the rest of your life. It is seriously not worth it. When the dope is gone, the booze is gone, the boyfriend runs off with a girl who earns a living, and your parents refuse to support you, you will be lucky to find a cardboard box to sleep in when it rains.
  • Saturn METALhe... 2010/05/13 06:51:56 (edited)
    Saturn
    +1
    Typical conformists attitude "what will we think of you?" Who the hell cares.Just mabe her plans for life involve freedom from corporate masters and living life as SHE sees fit.To pursue life, liberty and happiness.Now mabe they don't go over well with the rest of you clones who are so weak minded you need the approval of your peers to function.But its her choice and one she is free to make.And also,I am a dropout who has traveled the world and done things at my leisure not someone elses. So I suggest you think out of the box society has handed you and not automatically assume that "dropouts" can't live life to the fullest.
  • AceBaby10 Saturn 2010/05/14 16:19:35
    AceBaby10
    haha, well thank you(:
    you are the kind of person that inspires me(:

and thats really awesome that you traveled that world.
    i want to do that also, someday.
  • Kelly O... Saturn 2011/11/22 02:02:36
    Kelly O'Neill
    +2
    It's pretty clear that you didn't graduate. You continuously spelled "maybe" wrong... And you didn't put spaces after your sentences ended. Before you go ahead and tell someone to look at how successful you are as a drop out you should use spell check. Most people who drop out don't get to travel the world. That's usually a privilege for people who have worked very hard AFTER graduating school, or who have wealthy parents. In the other cases it's usually just luck. Graduating from high school isn't "conforming," it's smart. The average high school drop out makes about $7,000 less a year than someone who has graduated. Making $7,000 more dollars a year for the rest of your life after completing a couple more years of school makes a lot more sense than taking the momentarily easy route and dropping out to live with your boyfriend. You have your whole life to be grown up and be in the work force, take advantage of having the opportunity to go to school!
  • kris 2010/04/12 17:10:13
    .
    kris
    Dont give up you need to graduate......so much better than the alternative.
  • Eyebrowz² 2010/04/12 16:37:42
    Eyebrowz²
    There are alternatives to dropping out of school and still receive an education. I went to an alternative high school, and then finished my schooling at a Life Skills center, they may not have either of those options in your area, but there are computer based diplomas such as ECOT that give you everything you need to finish your high school education at home, and there is always the GED option. Other than that I think you have to be 16 with parent consent and 18 to 21 without, but I don't recommend it.
  • Water Polo 2010/04/12 16:34:58
    Water Polo
    Normally 18 in most states
    But really, why drop out. Not to sound like I am preaching, but really life will be some much easier if you graduate. Yeah you can get your GED, but someplace you apply for work will ask that you have a diploma and they can say not a GED.
  • Simmering Frog - PHART 2010/04/12 16:32:25
    .
    Simmering Frog - PHART

Maturity age? Probably about 5 years old.

2014/11/26 18:40:27