How Has Your Mom Inspired You?

Treasure ♥ijm♥ 2010/04/30 12:32:09

• TrueRedWhite&Blue 2010/05/08 23:53:12
    TrueRedWhite&Blue
    +1
    She taught me patience and to respect others.
    She also bought me my first guitar as well as my first gun.
    May She Rest Peacefully. Love you Mom.
  • slave 2010/05/06 23:54:38
    slave
    +1
    By doing things a good mother have to do everyday. She never get tired. I love my mom. :)
  • Kemet Anubis 2010/05/04 06:41:12
    Kemet Anubis
    +1
    In just about every way possible! ^_^ <3
  • Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWC... 2010/05/03 15:07:49
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    She taught me the Golden Rule.....Treat others like you would want them to treat you....I try to live by that to this very day....I miss her and my dad so much...It's amazing how smart they became the older I became....Truely amazing...
  • Dave 2010/05/03 13:53:09
    Dave
    +2
    She was very dear to me and I miss her so much.
  • retiredingeorgia 2010/05/02 18:39:26
    retiredingeorgia
    +3
    My Mom taught me to love to read and to value an education.
    She also taught me, not intentionally I'm sure, that God hasn't made the man that can beat on me and live to tell about it.
  • Bronx 2010/05/02 14:21:31
    Bronx
    +3
    My mother was a saint I would be so lucky to be like her. She taught me to listen, read and never fear what I believe in. I was lucky enough to have her for 40 years and will be lucky if I can be with her someday in heaven. Thanks Mom for everything.
  • BlondieBrownEyes 2010/05/01 23:38:58
  • judy ann 2010/05/01 21:58:58
    judy ann
    +4
    Being my friend, always friend
  • Heffeweizen 2010/05/01 19:58:04
    Heffeweizen
    +3
    She gave up work in order to be there for my siblings and I. She is always there for us even today.
  • 34thBombGroup 2010/05/01 19:14:37
    34thBombGroup
    +3
    Jeez - reading these responses has actually upset me. Never thought that would happen.
    My Mother and I loved one another - we did NOT like each other and the few years after my Dad's death were trying.
    Nevertheless, I did the best I could to see that she was well cared for and as happy as possible. I dragged her home to Buffalo from Florida (THAT made me very popular) and she was NEVER a cuddly Mom-which my son pays for to this day as he can't leave my sight without a hug and an "I LOVE YOU!" My Mother first told me she loved me when I was 50! I told her I loved her for YEARS! Finally broke her down. She grew up during the Depression, had to fill her coal bucket before she could go to school. She earned an MBA in 1949 - not too common. She was a member of MENSA and the first woman on the floor of the Chicago Commodities Exchange. Played Bridge, in the DAR and was on every Committee of every thing my brother and I were involved in from swimming to Girl Scouts ...
    My Father wasn't an easy husband and no wife of HIS was going to work. THAT was huge and we heard about it constantly. My Dad was Catholic and she was not yet SHE had to take us to Church on Sunday while he played golf. She resented A LOT of things. Like ME! My Aunts told me after her death that I had always been the "...

My Father wasn't an easy husband and no wife of HIS was going to work. THAT was huge and we heard about it constantly. My Dad was Catholic and she was not yet SHE had to take us to Church on Sunday while he played golf. She resented A LOT of things. Like ME! My Aunts told me after her death that I had always been the "other woman." HUH? Now I understand.
    When my Dad became ill, which went on for about a year and a half, I was back and forth to Florida constantly. She had a form of neuropathy and couldn't be alone much less drive. When he was in re-hab after open heart surgery she fell and destroyed her arm. It wasn't pleasant. I was NASTY (also tired and run ragged and I've had two heart attacks.)
    Then Little Brother appears AFTER Daddy dies and she does everything HE told her to do instead of what MY FATHER wanted which was MY STAND! It was ALL f'd up and I was VERY resentful. She was very inconsiderate of me, my health and my time. SHE was the ONLY important thing in my life.
    As she started to fail-I saw a real person in there. She actually started to say "Thak you" and after I turned around and walked out of her residence as I overheard her say to her lady friends that I was "always late" SHE started to, for the first time, call ME and not be so NASTY all the time. She was miserable without my Dad and one day she said "I love You!" I cried.
    When she died I was IN her bed holding her as she slipped away (Aunt yelled at me for that-go away). My son had gone for a can of pop and my idiot Aunt was chatting with the nurses.
    And Mommy died in my arms. She didn't like to be touched so I took advantage of the opportunity to hold her.
    She did her best. Her VERY best. What more could I ask for?
    I closed her Eulogy with: I'll like you forever, I'll love you for always, as long as I'm living my Mommy you'll be." She was fantastic and I miss her every day. I can't believe they're dead.
  • Treasur... 34thBom... 2010/05/01 20:07:35
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +4
    I can so relate to your story. Thank you so much for sharing. I am so sorry that you had to wait 50 yrs. to hear your mom say that she loved you. I know that pain.
  • 34thBom... Treasur... 2010/05/02 00:50:41
    34thBombGroup
    +4
    Please don't be sorry - at least she said it! It was HARD for her. And the last six months or so we actually "got along." We didn't say much but had moved to a kind of friendship. It was okay. And I don't care what those evil aunts say - It was the right thing to do to crawl into the bed and hold her for the last hour or so. I got a hug and I know she knew I was there.
  • mustangluver 2010/05/01 18:18:42
    mustangluver
    +4
    She left when i was 9 and was kinda in and out up till that point so i had no inspiration at all and my father remarried the wicked witch of the east so i had no motherly inspiration except for my wonderful Aunt..I really hate Mothers day and especially when it falls on my BD a lot..5/9
  • Treasur... mustang... 2010/05/01 20:09:39
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +2
    Wow... I am so sorry that she left when you were only 9 yrs old. My mother left me emotionally when they brought me home after adopting me as an infant. I also hate Mother's Day....I am so glad that you had a wonderful Aunt!!
  • mustang... Treasur... 2010/05/03 00:10:46
    mustangluver
    +3
    If it weren't for my Aunt, well i don't know...
  • katieheart 2010/05/01 16:55:33
    katieheart
    +4
    my mom is tough and never gives up and no matter what loves me without a doubt
  • dick 2010/05/01 15:34:17 (edited)
    dick
    +5
    My mother was a hard working loving mother to three sons that didn't deserve to have such a loving caring mother she stood up for us against an abusive father and always made sure we had what we needed in life, taught us about god and his love for us and showed us how to be men she taught me how to fight and how to love and she gave me the courage to never back down from anything! I will always love her and be grateful for the gift of a wonderful parent that the lord gave me! love taught fight love courage love grateful gift parent lord

Thanks Treasure I needed to be reminded of what a neat mother I had!
  • **Bessie** dick 2010/05/01 15:36:49
    **Bessie**
    +4
    She sounds awesome, and she should be proud of what a wonderful man she brought into this world!
  • dick **Bessie** 2010/05/03 20:10:57
    dick
    +2
    Thanks Bessie!
  • **Bessie** dick 2010/05/03 23:13:53
    **Bessie**
    +1
    You're welcome dear!
  • Treasur... dick 2010/05/01 20:10:32
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +3
    You are VERY lucky. Thank you for your beautiful response. Your mother is lucky as well. ; )
  • dick Treasur... 2010/05/03 20:11:29
    dick
    +2
    Thank you Treasure!
  • Dee 2010/05/01 00:48:36
    Dee
    +4
    To do the Following - LOVE GOD, FIRST, 2nd LOVE YOURSELF, 3rd -You owe the WORLD it don't owe you and Leave your Mark!, 4th Line Your WORDS and Thought with GOD, because you will find out in time HE is Always RIGHT! and 5th Make a Difference in someone's life because it is NOT About YOU!!!
  • Treasur... Dee 2010/05/01 20:11:20
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +2
    Very good points!! Thank you for sharing them with us! : )
  • Huki68 2010/04/30 19:44:39
    Huki68
    +4
    by accept me for who Iam and love me
  • Groucho 2010/04/30 16:20:02
    Groucho
    +5
    My earliest memory of my Mom is her teaching me about God...and throughout childhood to have respect for elders and those in authority, to always tell the truth, and to be compassionate for those less fortunate. She had a hard, unfulfilled life but she did her very best keeping us together. I miss her and love her dearly.
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2010/04/30 16:13:12
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +5
    She is the foundation to my heart & soul!
    +4
    My Mom was a holy, sweet,hard working woman.She inspired me to be a good person,who never followed the crowd mom holy sweethard working woman inspired personwho crowd
  • Follow_My_Lead 2010/04/30 14:54:02
    Follow_My_Lead
    +6
    she was never around, she choosed drugs, alcohol,guy's partying etc... The list go's on an on. She left when I was 5 when I needed a mom I had no one my dad/hero had to play both roles for me and my 3 sisters. The only thing she showed me from that experience is never to walk out on the ones you love, because I would not want my kids or anyone have to feel or go through what I go through. I see it all around me and I want it so bad a mother figure, but I guess it is too late. But if you have a mom love her regardless the situation may be I love my mom till this day and would not look at it no other way she does not know it or care but I do. So from the bottom of my heart to all the wounderful beautiful mother out there Happy Mothers Day. I know its not mothers day but If I had a mother figure I would take advantage and let it be mothers day all year long.
  • Sister ... Follow_... 2010/04/30 16:05:22
  • Treasur... Follow_... 2010/05/01 20:13:29
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +2
    I am so sorry that your life didn't include having a mom by your side. I understand, believe me. Thanks for sharing your story. People that have good moms are very lucky. I try to be the best mom that I can be. It's a tough job but one I would not give up for anything! : )
  • Domino 2010/04/30 13:42:45
    Domino
    +8
    she is my rock of Gibraltor!!!
  • kickash~the mom of þhαετ~ 2010/04/30 13:24:04
    kickash~the mom of þhαετ~
    +7
    My Mom was the strongest woman I ever knew and probably ever will know. She has inspired me to be the most loving and caring Mother I could possibly be. When she was alive, she was my very best friend... and now that she is gone... she is my very best angel. I hope that one day I can be just a fraction of the woman she was. :)
  • Sister Hoover of the Immacu... 2010/04/30 12:43:56
    Sister Hoover of the Immaculate Conception
    +3
    I'm an orphan...

"always remember which side of the gutter you were dragged out of"
  • Sister ... Sister ... 2010/04/30 16:05:49
  • Sister ... Sister ... 2010/04/30 17:38:38
    +2
    Why? it's not your fault, I really don't require empathy or simpathy...

it happens...
  • Sister ... Sister ... 2010/04/30 20:33:11
    +2
    I was just trying to be nice
  • Sister ... Sister ... 2010/04/30 21:20:12
    +2
    ahuh...
  • dick Sister ... 2010/05/01 15:39:51
    dick
    +1
    I am sorry for you that you didn't have the love of your mom to help you growing up some of us were lucky!

2014/09/02 17:01:00