How do you feel about people who drink diet soda

Yosyp 2012/03/27 18:40:44
then eat an entire pie?

I know people who must have their diet soda, say they are counting calories but you later see them eating cakes, pies and other such foods.

they are overweight, tell me they are trying to lose , drink the diet soda but later eat so much sugary and fatty foods.

In their minds maybe they do think they can eat all they want as long as they drink diet soda, but in reality that's not how it works.

• Rachelle slusher 2012/03/28 13:20:43
    Rachelle slusher
    +1
    I drink diet but don't drink it all the time.
  • Wretha S 2012/03/28 06:14:58
    Wretha S
    +1
    It's not the calories they need to be worried about, it's the toxic artificial sweeteners and other toxic ingredients in diet sodas they should be concerned about. It would be far better to drink the regular soda given a choice between the two. It's best not to drink ANY of those sodas in the first place, I gave them up years ago and don't miss it one little bit, on rare occasions I will drink a soft drink, and I remember why I don't like them, it's too strong, it assaults my mouth and I wonder how I could have drank them on a daily basis before.

Wretha
  • geegee 2012/03/28 01:41:57
    geegee
    +1
    All that artificial sweetner may not be so good for them. I'd rather drink water. But if they like diet drinks.. go ahead and drink them.
  • Edward Cullen 2012/03/28 00:39:56 (edited)
    Edward Cullen
    +1
    I am 1 of those that drink diet coke. My dad get me hooked & I am sweet enough as it is. I never got the people that did it, but whatever floats their boat. I do rarely have pie, ice cream & I am like Dr. Oz. I also have my pizzas, root beer floats.
  • Tasinahri 2012/03/28 00:35:51
    Tasinahri
    Might as well lump me in there with the majority. Cause I enjoy a few cans of Diet Pepsi on occasion with a Dominoes pasta bowl delivery.
  • edifyguy 2012/03/27 23:31:06
    I feel Those people are in denial
    edifyguy
    +1
    Their health will suffer more because of all the horrible chemicals in the diet soda than they ever could because of the calories,
  • Doreen 2012/03/27 21:05:51
    Doreen
    +1
    First, I do not think anything about those people. What I do think about is that diet soda is worse for you than regular soda. Regular soda has enough bad chemicals in it and diet has even more. Now, here is my two faced flip flop, when I drink Pepsi I drink the diet because regular is to sweet for me but that is the only diet drink that I have.
  • arkiii 2012/03/27 20:48:05
    arkiii
    i don't care what people drink. this is a dumb question.
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/03/27 20:46:03
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +1
    People are people. Don't expect them to make sense, they will just confuse you. Ha!
  • U-Dog 2012/03/27 20:41:29
    U-Dog
    +2
    I generally see it as a good thing but then you also see...

diet soda pizza
  • Yosyp U-Dog 2012/03/27 21:31:42
    Yosyp
    +1
    That's exactly what I'm talking about
  • Chanel 2012/03/27 19:52:57
    Chanel
    +1
    I don't feel anything about the people who drink diet soda.
    Let them do what they want...
  • Mz Understood 2012/03/27 19:45:44
    I feel those people are fooling only themselves
    Mz Understood
    +2
    Basing this solely on my one sister-in-law. She has diabetes, drinks diet cola to help with her sugar, then will sit and eat a bag of Oreos like nobodies business. Then she can't figure out why her sugar is so high and complains about her health and her bad luck. Seriously? Who are you kidding?
  • Yosyp Mz Unde... 2012/03/27 19:49:16
    Yosyp
    +2
    "who are you kidding"

that's the situation with people I'm talking about, they are overweight, tell me they are trying to lose , drink the diet soda but later eat so much sugary and fatty foods.

• Just Another Girl (5) 2012/03/27 19:43:29
    Just Another Girl (5)
    +1
    Maybe they do it so that they CAN splurge on the calories of cake and pie? If I were counting calories I would cut where I could so that I could enjoy things I wanted. But I don't worry about calories or any of that stuff. So I can't say for certain why they do it. I can only guess.
  • Panloker 2012/03/27 18:58:12
    Panloker
    +1
    I wonder how they can actually enjoy the taste of it.
  • Mz Unde... Panloker 2012/03/27 19:41:55
    Mz Understood
    +2
    Exactly what I was thinking. ICK!
  • kiwimac 2012/03/27 18:58:10
    kiwimac
    Not all who drink diet drinks eat fatty / sweet food but even if they do at least give them credit for something.
  • Yosyp kiwimac 2012/03/27 19:03:41 (edited)
    Yosyp
    +1
    that's why I said " I know people who must have their diet soda, (say they are counting calories),but you later see them eating cakes, pies and other such foods."

I'll give them credit but I think in some cases they justify eating fatty foods by drinking diet soda, if they are trying to lose weight it's not going to happen. These are people I know.
  • Jo 2012/03/27 18:43:49
    Jo
    alot of people drink diet because they prefer the taste over regular.
  • Yosyp Jo 2012/03/27 18:46:30 (edited)
    Yosyp
    +1
    that might be true in some cases but the people I'm talking about say they do it to count calories

2014/07/24 21:44:01