How do you feel about people who claim to love God when they do nothing but show you hate?

The Mother ∞ God Loves You 2010/03/08 08:44:23
It does not bother me, I think...
It makes me angry because...
I never gave it much thought, but now that you mention it...
you've seen it, perhaps even been a victim to it.. so how do you feel when someone claims to love God, Jesus, Mohammad etc, and they do nothing but show you hate by either blocking you, cussing at you, calling you vile names, etc... ?

• I'm Left, You're Wrong 2010/03/08 14:34:14
    It makes me angry because...
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +4
    People who feel the need to wear their "religion" on their sleeve are nothing but narcissists and hypocrites.

Ignore them, maybe they'll go away.

• strawberry 2010/03/10 10:10:06
    strawberry
    +2
    I don't like or believe in formal religions anymore because too many people belonging to these institutions show more hate then love. They think by going to church, praying, or confessing sins purifies them. They often are the ones to judge others in the name of the God they believe in. They are mixed up with what is right or wrong because they are taught ignorance by ignorant preachers.
  • The Mot... strawberry 2010/03/10 15:08:58
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    well said!
  • strawberry The Mot... 2010/03/11 08:13:40
    strawberry
    +2
    Thank you very much.
  • The Mot... strawberry 2010/03/11 08:38:34
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    thank you too for sharing :D
  • Mejink 2010/03/10 05:16:59 (edited)
    Mejink
    +1
    The same way I feel about people who pay to get into a renowned club, or hypocrites who put themselves on pedestals. I've often found that when a person begins to call another person a name, they are in fact the names they call, throwing stones from within their own glass house.

I find it sad, especially when I have met so many good-hearted Christians who actually understand God's word, and though I am not religious, I have found that discussions about lifestyle and truth can be had with them about the Bible. There is definitely a difference in someone who reads the Bible and someone who professes religion - whether they believe in god or not aside. A person who professes the Christian religion but does not read the Bible often misunderstands the religion, and thinks they are better than others who do not profess their religion. However, those who read the Bible often have a clearer view about their religion in general, as well as what it means to them personally, and are some of the most intelligent people I have met.

I used to get angry when people would say certain things to me until I realized that their words had no power over me, and they are only shaming themselves, especially when it is online for all the world to see. I can't imagine a person being proud of such ignorance, but someday hopefully they will read their own words again and see how wrong they are, and change their ways so that we may all grow from it.
  • The Mot... Mejink 2010/03/10 06:08:50
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    i like that.. the way you look at it :)
  • Mejink The Mot... 2010/03/10 06:16:20
    Mejink
    +2
    Thanks :)
    It makes me angry because...
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +4

Ignore them, maybe they'll go away.
  • The Mot... I'm Lef... 2010/03/10 07:26:24
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    i'm fairly certain history has proven when you ignore something, it doesn't "go away" it grows.. sorta like socialism.. ignore big government, and that's what you'll get.. socialism..
  • famousde 2010/03/08 14:31:16
    It does not bother me, I think...
    famousde
    +4
    Yea, it bugs. Especially how the Muslims have all these strict and over the top rituals to show devotion to Allah. They won't have meat in their cabs nor dogs in their homes - the women don't dare snow their hair - but they don't have a problem killing and stoning people, honor killing their daughters, abusing their wives, encouraging their young sons to suicide bong, forcing their way into other people's cultures... totally bugs.
  • anay famousde 2010/03/08 16:36:28 (edited)
    anay
    +2
    omg. its horrible.
    :/
    but there are probably some nice people. not everything is black or white...

and its in their belief they are the only people which go to heaven.
    This is one of the rare reasons y im christian.
    :)
    all people are equal to me (sadly, sometimes only in theory for other christians)
  • Captain Sticky 2010/03/08 14:06:13
    Captain Sticky
    +1
    They really need to get laid.
  • Dagon 2010/03/08 14:05:16
  • The Mot... Dagon 2010/03/08 16:01:24
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    "If they follow the biblical teachings, then tolerance and forgiveness, turning the other cheek, are the lessons. Love of one's enemy is the point.".. .. yes, it is the point, but not the practice that i've seen recently... they claim to follow the bible.. have scripture posted all over their pages, always talking of Jesus and God's grace, act as if they are true followers of Jesus, but that's all short lived, as soon as you say "i dont agree" on something.. all mannor's fly out the window and you see the true inner hate that seeps from their pores.... sad really.. for the one they claim to love so much must be truely disgusted with their actions
  • Dagon The Mot... 2010/03/08 16:22:00
  • The Mot... Dagon 2010/03/09 01:02:10
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    yeah, suppose i didn't look at them as false prophets, more like fake christians.. but i suppose your right ... so sad :(
  • Dagon The Mot... 2010/03/09 01:05:31
  • The Mot... Dagon 2010/03/09 01:29:57
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    i think many of us would be surprised at what we're capable of if put into a situation where there is little choice... so although a relationship feels foreign to you, it's my guess that its already there, but perhaps you dont recognise it as such :D
  • Dagon The Mot... 2010/03/09 03:13:58
  • The Mot... Dagon 2010/03/09 04:58:02
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    that's wonderful Dagon :D
  • Daniel 2010/03/08 13:17:58
    It makes me angry because...
    Daniel
    +2
    I try not to get upset, but it is those type that make me act like them.
  • Mejink Daniel 2010/03/10 05:22:41
    Mejink
    +2
    I've been there. Strange thinking that a decent conversation could be had, but then we end up lowering ourselves to their level to meet their ludicrous demands for what passes as conversation. It's sad. Too often we think we have to get in the last word, but sometimes, it is truly best to cut our losses and just not "go there". Do you know what i mean?
  • Daniel Mejink 2010/03/10 10:24:18
    Daniel
    +2
    I sure do.
  • Fluttershyfan 2010/03/08 12:34:04
    It makes me angry because...
    Fluttershyfan
    +2
    they are fricking hypocrites.
  • Lone soul 2010/03/08 11:09:19
    It does not bother me, I think...
    Lone soul
    +2
    Because I ignore them, They are not doing as they are taught.
    That's why I stopped claiming to be a Christen ( I didn't want to give them a bad name)
  • The Mot... Lone soul 2010/03/08 16:10:33
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    if you'd claim to be christian, their image in my eyes might improve ;) .. although there are some that claim to be christian and honestly act that way too... but they are few and far between... cuz of all the others that claim it, post tons of scripture on their pages an such, and i can see the hated spew from their fingertips.. it's really sad, because i love Jesus and God, but it's also why i'll not claim to be christian.. i dont wanna get a 'bad name' being associated with hypocrites ;)
  • anay The Mot... 2010/03/08 16:33:35
    anay
    +2
    im a christian too.
    but idk anymore.
    preeching and being a hypocrite sux. :(
  • The Mot... anay 2010/03/09 00:59:32
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +1
    well, i dont think talking about Jesus and the love he has for us all sucks... but talking about it, claiming to follow his footsteps, telling others how to do so as well, as you condem others and judge them as less than you and going to 'hell' if they dont do as you do an such does suck.. as Jesus said not to judge.. to treat others as you'd want to be treated.. and that includes letting them believe as they wish, as you'd like to do the same... :)
  • Mejink The Mot... 2010/03/10 05:26:19 (edited)
    Mejink
    +1
    I can't count how many times I was told that I'd go to Hell, from the time I was 9 years old, sometimes from strangers who didn't know me at all, for everything from simply not wanting to go to church, to saying I don't believe in God, to saying I believe in evolution o.O to when I came out as bisexual in high school, to when I wore all black and people thought I was a Satanist (hard to believe in Satan when you don't believe in God!) to when I spoke about Mother Nature and people thought I was a witch. Believe me, if bad Christians alone could condemn me to Hell, I'd be on the deepest level.
  • The Mot... Mejink 2010/03/10 06:34:16
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +1
    i think many religions tell others they are going to hell if they dont follow their doctrine... it's sad really.. when in the bible, Jesus had bad things to say to 7 of the religions of that time.. and those religions have continued on into our modern day religions... so.. i dont think any of them are "right" in the eyes of Jesus (although there was one he was less angry with, but still angry none the less) ... so... when they claim others are going to hell for not following them.. i think they best be look'n in the mirror and putting themselves into CHECK... they obviously aint got all the answers, or he'd not of sent stern letters to them.. as for the christian bible itself, it came 500 years after the death of Jesus, put together by an ex pagan Emperor of Rome Constantine I .. he combined several "books" into one and anyone that would not follow this newly founded bible and faith (re-written with his twist of the times no doubt), were slaughtered like cows... an the muslims... i believe their quran came 50+ years after Jesus, delivered by the "prophet Mohammad".. he too disobey'd God's commandment "thou shall not murder" as he slaughtered those who would not follow as well .. the bible too says something about the 7 thunders.. and to not write what they said down (personall...
    i think many religions tell others they are going to hell if they dont follow their doctrine... it's sad really.. when in the bible, Jesus had bad things to say to 7 of the religions of that time.. and those religions have continued on into our modern day religions... so.. i dont think any of them are "right" in the eyes of Jesus (although there was one he was less angry with, but still angry none the less) ... so... when they claim others are going to hell for not following them.. i think they best be look'n in the mirror and putting themselves into CHECK... they obviously aint got all the answers, or he'd not of sent stern letters to them.. as for the christian bible itself, it came 500 years after the death of Jesus, put together by an ex pagan Emperor of Rome Constantine I .. he combined several "books" into one and anyone that would not follow this newly founded bible and faith (re-written with his twist of the times no doubt), were slaughtered like cows... an the muslims... i believe their quran came 50+ years after Jesus, delivered by the "prophet Mohammad".. he too disobey'd God's commandment "thou shall not murder" as he slaughtered those who would not follow as well .. the bible too says something about the 7 thunders.. and to not write what they said down (personally because i believe they dont know much about them :D ... they caught wind of the 7 via a messenger or perhaps even heard one or two in the thunders that spoke, and made up the rest by saying "dont write it down"... durr) .... thus, if you believe the bible it is only logical to know too that if there is something not written, thus is something not known... (at least they were smart enough to put that in).. so.. all those religions that claim they know it all, and one must follow them to find "heaven" .. can kiss my lily white *** ... they don't know Jack, or Jesus.. and they are NOT in as much control as they think they are... and i believe their illusion is about to burst :P
  • Mejink The Mot... 2010/03/11 05:31:42
    Mejink
    +1
    Why was Jesus angry with the religions of the time? Where did you get this other information? I'd be very interested in a lead to a source. :)
  • The Mot... Mejink 2010/03/11 08:06:26
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +1
    Revelations 2 & 3 contain the letters to the churches.. as for the bible and how its new version came about through the ex pagan roman... research.. lots of research.. as for the quran, read that somewhere too... and the "seven thunders" are found in Revelations 10:3-4 ... as for my personal opinion.. that was formed though my memories and my experience with the 7 voices that follow me life to life..

the way i look at things is this... bottom line for those who follow a religion.. i dont think it really matters which religion you are.. if they all have problems or faults (which according to the bible they do), then it does not matter which faulty religion you choose... it does not matter because it wont be your religion that gets you a ticket into the light of heaven to be with God.. it'll be the grace of God alone that takes you there.. and i personally believe that God would not send Jesus to die on a cross for ALL SIN if God was not wanting to forgive ALL SIN through God's grace! ... Jesus said on the cross.. "forgive them father, they know not what they do" ... and i believe if Jesus has anything to say about it ALL SIN will be forgiven.. including the devil himself... :) ... and that is my opinion .. i am the source of it ;)
  • Mejink The Mot... 2010/03/11 08:22:18
    Mejink
    +1
    I heavily agree with you. :)
  • The Mot... Mejink 2010/03/11 08:50:43
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +1
    cool :)
  • Lone soul The Mot... 2010/03/08 22:03:27
    Lone soul
    +2
    Same here, But that was long ago, I don't affiliate myself with them any more, Though I will stand up for them on occasion.
  • The Mot... Lone soul 2010/03/09 00:51:46
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    ditto :)
  • future blk 2010/03/08 10:53:39
    future blk
    +2
    in universe of good & evil, these type of people recognized as fuel 4 hell, in my eyes.
  • Gregaj7 2010/03/08 09:28:10
    +3
    Most of them are like David's oldest brother, Eliab. They project their own negative perspective/feelings onto the individual they are lashing out at, and cause more problems than they solve. It also demonstrates their hypocrisy.
  • The Mot... Gregaj7 2010/03/08 10:11:29
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    +2
    very true
  • bob 2010/03/08 09:22:02 (edited)
    bob
    +2
    Its one of the many reasons i dislike religion and most religious people in general.

2014/10/21 21:45:36