How do I get my 25 year old son to shut up and grow up?

Cindy 2010/10/17 22:33:36
Related Topics: Rent, Home
My son is 25 years old , will not work tells me to shut up in my own home doesn't pay rent and gives me nothing but shit.

• In vino veritas 2010/10/18 01:36:00
    Kick out my son?
    In vino veritas
    +4
    Give him 30 days written notice, then follow through put him out,this is for his own good,you can and must do it!

• jerrbear 2010/10/19 05:20:50
    Kick out my son?
    jerrbear
    Kick his ass to the curb,Be sure to have a Sheriffs deputy there to monitor things and have the locks changed also
  • rockergirl 2010/10/18 23:25:26
    Kick out my son?
    rockergirl
    sorry tell him to grow up he is a big boy he can take it
    Kick out my son?
    'bout time that little boy GREW UP.
  • MW121 2010/10/18 17:50:56
    Kick out my son?
    MW121
    Tough love... If you don't next thing you'll realize is that he'll be 35 and doing the same thing..
  • Doreen 2010/10/18 04:00:38
    Kick out my son?
    Doreen
    +1
    Kick him out!!! I know it sounds cold but you are doing him NO favor at all letting him stay at YOUR house. If making him leave puts him in danger that is his problem and his fault NOT YOURS. If he will not leave call the police and if necessary get a restraining order. 25 is WAY to old to be staying with parents.
  • Nikki 2010/10/18 03:26:20 (edited)
    Kick out my son?
    Nikki
    call the cops for back up... then throw his ass out...
  • tewaz1 2010/10/18 02:52:58
    Kick out my son?
    tewaz1
    +1
    One of my siblings put my mom through this. Allowing him to take advantage like this only hurts him. At 25 he should have developed some personal responsibility, he should have grown up. I don't mean this harshly, but he hasn't grown up because you have allowed him not to. To the rest of the world, a 25 year old who lives with his parents and doesn't show them respect and take responsibility for himself is pathetic. I'm afraid that now he'll have to learn this the hard way.
    He'll make you feel guilty for this, he'll tell you that you are abandoning him, but sometimes people have to hit rock bottom before they'll start making positive changes in their life.
  • Cheesy Steve 2010/10/18 02:42:34
    Kick out my son?
    Cheesy Steve
    Really, you'd be doing him a favour. With time he'll realize how easy he's had it, and he'll grow to appreciate you so much more.
    Don't give up hope on him, but do give him a boot in the right direction!
  • Nisa PinkySwear(*~*) 2010/10/18 02:39:37
    Kick out my son?
    Nisa PinkySwear(*~*)
    +1
    make him grow up....kick his ass out. Take away the food. Dont cook for him. Hes 25 damn yrs old...im 17 and I even know that is sad. He needs to grow up...possibly ship him to a place like i dont know...russia xD
  • Katie~awkward child♥ 2010/10/18 02:23:33
    Kick out my son?
    Katie~awkward child♥
    +1
    Kick him out! No offense I mean...he just sounds like a real jerk! That'll probably get him to shape up though, then maybe he'll finally appreciate what you do for him.
  • In vino veritas 2010/10/18 01:36:00
    Kick out my son?
    In vino veritas
    +4
  • Rrrowlf 2010/10/18 01:33:47
    Kick out my son?
    Rrrowlf
    +1
    At this point he is not learning independence.
    He is learning dependence.
    The surly attitude is perhaps a symptom of poor self image.
    It could be dramatically improved by his supporting himself.
    I'd use his attitude as my excuse for emptying the nest.
    C'mon, he's trying to make it easy for you.
  • ivan 2010/10/18 00:09:21
    Kick out my son?
    ivan
    +3
    Show him the door, if he doesn't leave the cops can make him see the light
  • artso 2010/10/17 23:58:27
    Kick out my son?
    artso
    +3
    I would kick his ass out! Sounds like he needs to man up, and he'll never do that as long as you take care of him! Maybe a tour in the military would do him some good.
  • Walt 2010/10/17 23:46:10
    Kick out my son?
    Walt
    You're fortunate. If he were paying rent, you would have to get an eviction notice in order to make him leave.
  • Ariadne 2010/10/17 23:19:59
    Kick out my son?
    Ariadne
    +3
    Tough love dear, TOUGH LOVE. Kick him out. He needs to learn to fend for himself. He may hate you for it, but he's acting immature and should really be out on his own. Eventually he'll learn that it was a good thing you kicked him out. Tell him to show some respect and you'll give him a couple days to pack up and find a place, if he still doesn't respect you, kick him out sooner.
  • Relay 2010/10/17 23:10:36
    Kick out my son?
    Relay
    +2
    set him free, he needs to learn for himself how to take care of himeself. plus 25 is a little old for him to still be living with the rents.

tell him he needs to pay rent, if he cant do that by the end of the month,then tell him he needs to find another place to live by the end of the week. and if he still cant do that then start moving his stuff to the streets. its harsh but it gets your point across.
    AND You Need To Get Your Point Across....

also you could try treating him like a little kid. he dosent want to grow up then serve diner in plastic dinosaur dishes. get creative.
  • Scarlett48 2010/10/17 23:00:30 (edited)
    Kick out my son?
    Scarlett48
    +2
    Kick his butt to the curb!!!!! I mean like yesterday!! There is no way I would let my son or daughter live in my house and not work and talk to me like that. My daughter is 22 years old is going to college, working and paying her internet bill and she buys her groceries because she does not always eat what we do. Now if my 22 year old can do it then your 25 year old son can. Get a back bone and tell him to get out and don't let the door hit him on the way out. Stop giving him money and make him earn his own way.
  • Destiny 2010/10/17 22:55:18
  • METALheadMom 2010/10/17 22:53:52
    Kick out my son?
    METALheadMom
    +1
    First of all, you CAN'T tell him to "grow up" ESPECIALLY since you yourself haven't "grown up" and thrown his aS* OUT. There is NO WAY under ANY circumstance that would convince me to keep a LOSER like him in my house. GROW SOME yourself and kick him to the curb.
  • Cindy METALhe... 2010/11/19 08:39:09
    Cindy
    I'm disabled and have had a hard life. Sometimes it's easier said then done. There's so many things I'm unable to do.
  • whowasphone 2010/10/17 22:42:53
    Kick out my son?
    whowasphone
    +2
    either tell him to get off his lazy ass and get a job and pay rent, or tell him he's an adult and if he wont respect you hes GONE
  • Sick Boy 2010/10/17 22:40:32
    Kick out my son?
    Sick Boy
    +1
    Tell him he has a week to find somewhere else to live because you might have "potential" renters & he's not contributing & being disrespectful!
  • SuJuKiss 2010/10/17 22:39:22
  • ShyBaby 2010/10/17 22:37:47
    Kick out my son?
    ShyBaby
    +2
    he needs to grow up kick him out. if he wonmt grow up on his own make him!
  • !.Braxton.! 2010/10/17 22:36:52
    Kick out my son?
    !.Braxton.!
    +3
    Knock some sense into him...im 18 and i already have to live alone not by choice...i barely get by but i manage to do it...that boy needs to realize life will suck unless he does something with it
  • Shorty 2010/10/17 22:36:21
    Kick out my son?
    Shorty
    +1
    kick him out its your house your the mom you tell him what to do not the other way around

2014/09/15 02:12:50