Holiday Mail for Heroes Program - Will you send a hero a card?

safari 2010/12/02 12:20:46
Related Topics: Family, YouTube, Style
Yes! I will send a Hero a Holiday Card!
Yes! I will send several Heroes Holiday Cards!!
No I can't afford to send a Hero a Card
No But I will __________ instead
Other comment about sending Heroes Holiday Cards

EXCERPTS: It’s that time of year again! The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes
have teamed up for the fourth annual Holiday Mail for Heroes program.

From now until December 10th you are invited to send holiday cards to our American service members, their families, and veterans all over the world. Anyone can send a card and you can send as many as you would like! Please send all cards to

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
20791-5456

holiday mail heroes po box 5456 capitol heights md 20791-5456

Read More: http://www.redcross.org/holidaymail/

• jr 2010/12/02 13:51:22
    Yes! I will send a Hero a Holiday Card!
    jr
    +10
    Our men and women in the military are the finest in the world. They are indeed heros

• teigan 2010/12/10 22:26:34
    teigan
    Our troops abroad need to know that they have the support of their fellow country men and women and that we pray for their safe return everyday.
  • Aaliyahangel 2010/12/03 16:53:18
    Aaliyahangel
    +2
    thats a good idea
  • USC Gamecock fan 2010/12/03 12:02:55 (edited)
    USC Gamecock fan
    +3
    My heart goes out to these men and women in uniform. They have dedicated their lives to protect this country and they end up wounded and disabled for life but they are still proud of their part in the protection of our country and let me add US. If our politicians had the knowledge and where with all and could use language and words in order to control a confrontation our good men and women wouldn't have to suffer the wounds of war. MY THANK YOU TO THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARMED FORCES AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS.YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT.

In the place where I work we are constantly selling items to support the Troops and you should see the amount of people who refuse the request to support the troops. It is appalling . It is a meager amount of money and all they have to do is pull out the money and because of our troops they are free to earn the money and spend it anyway they want. Greed still lives.Our troops are dying and getting wounded and suffering earn money spend greed lives troops dying wounded suffering freedom eagles and flag
  • Sissy USC Gam... 2010/12/03 15:01:09
  • Sissy Sissy 2010/12/03 15:03:15
    Sissy
    +2
    There is another great place to send any donations. "The Fallen Soldiers Fund". Its a privately run hospital that has state of the art services and equipment to help our wounded. I first heard of it on "Imus" and since then have raised and donated to this most worthy organization.
  • USC Gam... Sissy 2010/12/04 04:30:45
    USC Gamecock fan
    +4
    They need all the support we can give. They are our hero's
  • USC Gam... Sissy 2010/12/04 14:49:09 (edited)
    USC Gamecock fan
    +4
    Thank you my friend. Americans need to awaken and appreciate the men and women in our armed forces who live daily to protect and serve us . We are all responsible for their support to give them the strength and desire to give their all for us and country live daily protect serve responsible support strength desire country some gave all some give all
  • Sissy USC Gam... 2010/12/09 02:01:08
    Sissy
    +2
    This graphic is one of the most touching and beautiful ones I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing.
  • USC Gam... Sissy 2010/12/09 02:56:55
    USC Gamecock fan
    +3
    Thank you I saw it and I thought it sent a message. They, the soldiers in our armed forces are true Patriots, willing to lay down their life for us to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.
  • Sissy USC Gam... 2010/12/09 11:08:33
    Sissy
    +1
    No its not USC, and we have cemeteries all across this land and abroad that "says so".
  • TexanInHawaii 2010/12/03 06:27:40
    No But I will __________ instead
    TexanInHawaii
    +8
    I am sending my money to Operation Shoebox who needs postage money to mail Christmas Stockings to deployed soldiers. My son spent last Christmas in Iraq and he said that was the best things they received. So, I'm not dissing this effort, just shamely plugging mine....OperationShoebox.com....
  • MAMMY51... TexanIn... 2010/12/03 07:31:22
    MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥
    +7
    Thanks, I was looking for that web sight. How have you been? I haven't seen much of you in a long time. Miss you.
  • TexanIn... MAMMY51... 2010/12/08 22:46:00
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    All good, living at Facebook now...too nasty here...lol
  • MQ-Amer... TexanIn... 2010/12/03 08:02:29 (edited)
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +11
    Oh my dear friend TIH... I've missed you so much.. it's been awhile since you've been on SH... and may I take this opportunity to direct anyone on this poll to a thread I did in 2009... so you can see what this wonderful, patriotic woman and every one of her children have done to serve this country. You my dear are shameless in nothing... any way we can help the soldiers is important, and there are many different organizations, such as OperationShoebox.com
    Thank you dear woman and your family for all you have done to protect and honor us and America: start in center of page one of this poll:
    http://www.sodahead.com/livin...
  • TexanIn... MQ-Amer... 2010/12/08 22:52:43
    TexanInHawaii
    +7
    Oh, wow...had to go look at the poll you linked! LMAO, a lot has changed since then. Ray is home safely and looking at TX Border Patrol with Army...one Marine in Cali, the other in Afghanistan now, and other Army at Ft. Carson, for now. How's YOUR son??
    But, again, you make me blush...nothing that many other families are doing, it just wears me down some days tho...ya know? If, just if, they could all be on US soil at one time...but, they come and go in waves, just tag teaming!! lol
    HOO-AH and Semper Fi to all....Pray for Peace.
  • fluer TexanIn... 2010/12/03 11:26:51
    fluer
    +6
    TIH We sent care packages too not big ones just things like baby wipes, toothpaste, deodorant, and power bars. I have missed you hope all is well with you and yours!!!
  • TexanIn... fluer 2010/12/08 22:56:41
    TexanInHawaii
    +1
    Hey, fluer...doing ok...hope y'all are too! Miss all of y'all!! Thanks for sending items....FYI, was told by kids that the thing they like the best are high protein snack pkgs that they can stick in their pockets...these come in handy for loading up their pockets for missions, in case of hunger, and the high protein stay with them longer for stamina...think, beef jerkey, cheese crackers, the little packs of trail mix...NO Chocolate, they toss it because it melts. Thanks again!
  • SunShine 2010/12/03 00:56:48
    SunShine
    +7
    you bet.. our grandson is over there.. we send packages every month too.. they love baby wipes to wash up with when they are in the field.. and little books and snacks but not chocolate or anything that can melt.. He says it is like Christmas when packages come.. the guys all share too.. which is great.
  • steph ♥ 2010/12/03 00:36:31
    Yes! I will send a Hero a Holiday Card!
    steph ♥
    +4
    This made me tear up. I'm sharing this post too.
  • La 2010/12/03 00:31:45
    No But I will __________ instead
    La
    And by ______ I mean go on with my life as usual.

Why do you presume that everyone off in the war is a hero? Some of them are dicks. Not everyone is a hero.
  • MQ-Amer... La 2010/12/03 06:05:41 (edited)
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +6
    And it sure seems not everyone without the balls or honor to serve is a hero either... so dick, you just go on with your life as usual La... but keep your dick in your pants .. the world doesn't need to have anymore hatred bred!

If you could not say anything decent about those who fight in these god forsaken countries to keep the terrorists out of yours... why did you have to answer at all? You literally make me ill... I wouldn't offer you my spit if you were on fire!
    forsaken countries terrorists answer literally ill offer spit fire
  • TexanIn... MQ-Amer... 2010/12/03 06:24:30
    TexanInHawaii
    +4
    I see you are still stirring the pot, my dahling!! =)
  • SunShine TexanIn... 2010/12/03 06:26:08
    SunShine
    +4
    Hey girl.. how are you? nice to see you..
  • MQ-Amer... TexanIn... 2010/12/03 08:12:08
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +3
    Yes, if it is full of vile hatred for our soldiers... it's a matter of respect!
    God Bless and watch over our soldiers, each and every one...
  • USC Gam... MQ-Amer... 2010/12/04 14:53:41 (edited)
    USC Gamecock fan
    +3
    M Q This is so moving and heartrending until if it does not move a persons heart they need to have their patriotism examined. The compassion and patriotic feeling is so moving. The sorrow for the families of the loved ones who gave all is overwhelming examined compassion patriotic feeling moving sorrow families loved overwhelming some gave all some give all
  • SunShine MQ-Amer... 2010/12/03 06:31:10
  • USC Gam... MQ-Amer... 2010/12/05 15:55:48
    USC Gamecock fan
    +2
    M Q she needs to be where Sharia law is supported and enforced and then she will pray for freedom by these heroes . I love your posts. Thank you for the hard work
  • MAMMY51... La 2010/12/03 07:39:49
    MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥
    +3
    I hope if you ever need defending for any reason that EVERYONE decides to "go on with my life as usual", and leaves you to be your own hero.

hope defending reason decides life leaves hero if you can t stand behind our soldiers please stand in front

hope defending reason decides life leaves hero freedom isn t free
  • fluer La 2010/12/03 11:24:23
    fluer
    +4
    They are serving this country in time of war against zealots who have a penchant to slice off people's heads or execute a girl because she was raped. Yeah if they are protecting us from that then they are heroes. There are dicks in every field but to slam the most because of a few is really ignoring the sacrifice these young men and women are making for us. So go on with your life and your sour attitude and enjoy being such a sad excuse for a human being.
  • Angel 2010/12/02 22:49:35
    Yes! I will send a Hero a Holiday Card!
    Angel
    +6
    I will send a card for sure.........they are well deserving
  • MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥ 2010/12/02 20:08:14
    Yes! I will send a Hero a Holiday Card!
    MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥
    +6
    Certainly . Thanks for the Address, Safari.
  • Col.TJefferson1775 2010/12/02 19:58:36
    Col.TJefferson1775
    +4
    Already have and will continue as I have many friends still in the Military!

AND for all those who are able to RUN YOUR PIE HOLE about OUR Country and Military you need to ...GET A LIFE...if it weren't for US Active duty and Veterans you would NOT have any rights!

• SunShine Col.TJe... 2010/12/03 00:57:32
  • Col.TJe... SunShine 2010/12/03 18:08:13
    Col.TJefferson1775
    +4
    No THANKS needed....Is an honor to do anything for my Brothers in Arms!
  • eternity 2010/12/02 16:08:01
    eternity
    +7
    They deserve a whole lot more too..... such brave men and women!
  • jr 2010/12/02 13:51:22
    Yes! I will send a Hero a Holiday Card!
    jr
    +10
  • safari jr 2010/12/02 14:07:59
    safari
    +8
    Thanks Jr!
  • fluer 2010/12/02 13:36:24
    fluer
    +10
    I am a teacher and we did this as a class project and each of the students wrote a note to include in their cards. They were so cute and I can only hope the soldiers enjoy them as much as we did writing them. It was a fun day and almost all the kiddos have relatives over there so they are much more cognizant of what is happening than you might think. Some of the notes were too cute others were like please come home to us we need more people like you. All in all we sent over 300 cards and notes in most of them.
  • safari fluer 2010/12/02 13:43:13
    safari
    +7
    Hi fluer! That is so awesome! Thanks to you and the kids - :)!! I bet they will be thrilled to receive these!
  • SunShine fluer 2010/12/03 00:58:29
    SunShine
    +5
    wonderful Fluer.. bet it made you feel proud of your "kids" too.

2014/07/31 15:35:16