High Heels for Kids: OK or No Way?

Related Topics: Fashion, High Heels, Heels, Kids
These fashionable wedge heels look perfect for summer. Only problem is, they’re for toddlers. Yes, that's right: Michael Kors has unveiled the Keely Wedge in sizes 1-5 Youth. You no longer have to wait for your teen years to be stylish.

The description for the heels read: “Geometric cutouts and shimmering rhinestone studs combine to offer the fashion forward Keely wedge from KORS Michael Kors Kids. This spunky sandal sports a zip heel for easy dressing, and elasticized straps for ultimate comfort. A covered wedge heel adds chic sophistication.”

Sophistication? For an eight-year-old? Parenting blog Babble compares them to “stripper shoes,” but we think they are going a bit too far. These shoes are pretty cute, and could even work for a tween. But for little girls, they are a bit ridiculous. What do you think?

No way
    +27
    1. Obviously .. the 'designer' is completely detached from the REALITY of Toddlerhood .. which is running about .. enjoying playtime .. growing and living lives ..
    2. BONES in toddlers are definitely in the formative stages .. these HEELS .. even in adulthood .. are a strain on one's back and legs .. (I don't even wear heels .. and I'm in my elder years .. they are far too painful indeed)

Just INSANE ..
    TODDLERS do not give one bit of CARE about 'sophistication' ..
    and are more interested in playing with the BOX ..
    taking the rhinestones out to glue onto cards for grandparents and parents ..
    having FUN playing ..
    than about how one 'looks' ..
    (trust me .. there's no toddler I know that would even TOLERATE these on them .. )

Just wondering .. is this pandering to the "TODDLERS and Tiaras" crowd?
    (Shudder)

• Joy Buc... Ani 2012/06/22 20:58:19
    Joy Buchanan
    creeper... -_-
  • Ani Joy Buc... 2012/06/23 05:07:55
    Ani
    hey.., what do u mean by that..., huh... I Have just send her hi.., here because she is not replying iin INbox.. did u get me,....and she Is my best friend If u dont know.... huh

-_-
  • Joy Buc... Ani 2012/06/26 00:28:28
    Joy Buchanan
    dude shill.... just joking...
  • Quazimoto 2012/06/22 18:45:43
    No way
    Quazimoto
    Not under my roof.
  • glass_butterfly ~YSU~ 2012/06/22 18:42:19 (edited)
    No way
    glass_butterfly ~YSU~
    +2
    My mom said I wasn't allowed to wear high heels until I was 16 (Later she gave in to 13 for my sisters). But she didn't allow us to wear make up until 16 either. She wanted us to be kids for as long as we possibly could.

And being kids meant running around, getting dirty, and kicking balls. None of which you can do in heels. Stop trying to make our little girls grow up so fast, girls that young have NO business wearing heels, it's ridiculous. This is how little girls should be: dirty little girl playing little girl playing little girl princess
  • Joy Buc... glass_b... 2012/06/22 21:21:47
    Joy Buchanan
    I guess the last one is not... jejeej make up is also bad as well as high heels at any age.... anyways.... its true... they are really making little kids grow faster.... grrrr... WHY?!?!!?
  • Mecynogea 2012/06/22 18:39:02
    No way
    Mecynogea
    Kids are nuts if they want to wear those shoes.
  • KatherineKnight250 2012/06/22 18:35:32
    No way
    KatherineKnight250
    I don't want my 8 year old daughter to wear high heels, are you freaking kidding me?
    beauty  queen  child  kid  toddlers and tiaras
  • NinjaRe... Katheri... 2012/06/22 22:30:59
    NinjaRebecca
    then don't buy them.
  • Katheri... NinjaRe... 2012/06/26 13:43:48
    KatherineKnight250
    Yh, you're right but if they are for sale, it means that are people enough stupid to buy and that is what pisses me off. I don't like seeing little who didn't even hit puberty, dress like they are 25 and going to a party.
  • JulianDranitsaris 2012/06/22 18:28:48
    No way
    JulianDranitsaris
    what has this generation come to....
  • Joy Buc... JulianD... 2012/06/22 21:15:34
    Joy Buchanan
    believe me... i am wondering that to.... and it still getting WORST!.. :(
  • Eden Andalus 2012/06/22 18:28:07
    No way
    Eden Andalus
    Nice shoes Ok...
    High heels on a special occacion...Maybe...
    High heels on play time..No Way in Hell!
  • Sperry23 2012/06/22 18:24:36 (edited)
    No way
    Sperry23
    Childrens' bones and muscles are developing and growing at that stage. These shoes will create a huge number of back problems that will last the victims a lifetime.

Additionally, the excessive height (relative to a child's size) will lead to twisted and broken ankles when the child turn wrong and falls. Of course, this will lead to lawsuits against the manufacturer(s), designers, and resellers, so it may be a boon to lawyers everywhere.

Bad idea.
  • Jaden Sterling 2012/06/22 18:20:16 (edited)
    OK
    Jaden Sterling
    I really want to say no way to this question, but I am an 18 year old who has the foot size of a 10-year old. So if by making high heels for children means that Michael Kors is also making a stylish heel that fits my foot, I'm all for it!
  • Joy Buc... Jaden S... 2012/06/22 21:00:21
    Joy Buchanan
    Anyways... what I think they are saying is if KIDS!!!!!---- should where highheels.... its ok for you but.... NOT FOR KIDS!!!...
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/06/22 18:19:03
    No way
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    :O
  • Diana Mikhail 2012/06/22 18:11:46 (edited)
    OK
    Diana Mikhail
    Well as long as theyre no more that 1.5 inches but the picture looks at least 3 inches so not those
  • dontlookatme4444 2012/06/22 18:07:12
    No way
    dontlookatme4444
    +1
    If this takes off as acceptable, mainstream is going to target todders to look skinny too. We need to put the responsibility that comes with being a parent and know when it is the right time to say no to such things. Just cause it's featured on a magazine doesn't mean it's right.
  • MissTypist 2012/06/22 17:58:22 (edited)
    No way
    MissTypist
    +2
    The heels on the picture here are really tall, high heels are not comfortable, and they will be really painful for little kids to wear when their bones are still developing. I don't even wear them now - I don't intend to wear them EVER. You can look just as nice/even nicer in cute flats, cool sneakers, sandals, just NOT high heels :\
  • Elisa ✦ Knockout™ 2012/06/22 17:47:53
    No way
    Elisa ✦ Knockout™
    +2
    This is a pedos dream :(
    Let kids be kids and not be objects or some fashion statement.
  • EmoKiss:3 2012/06/22 17:47:39
    No way
    EmoKiss:3
    +1
    ...*Jazz says* : Looks like they're trying to sex up america always go for the kids...
  • Joy Buc... EmoKiss:3 2012/06/22 21:22:59
    Joy Buchanan
    +1
    true story!
  • M'lud 2012/06/22 17:42:02
    No way
    M'lud
    +3
    The high heel is designed specifically to make the line and shape of the female more attractive. Great! Now little girls can start ruining their feet and backs much sooner! Who knows, maybe it will get them noticed by some reality show producer ..........or a pedophile! Are you maybe trying to get your 6 year old laid? There is something seriously wrong with any parent who dresses their toddler to look "hot and sexy."
  • Elizabeth 2012/06/22 17:39:15
    OK
    Elizabeth
    +1
    I'm 14 and I am able to wear 4-5 inch high heels. (my mom lets me) when I was 12, I was able to wear 3 inch high heels, when I was 9, that's when I was starting to wear 1-2 inch high heels. Once I'm 17 I'll get to wear any kind high heels I want.
  • Julia Elizabeth 2012/06/22 18:15:59
    Julia
    +4
    Well that's just dumb. I Get if you are 14 but when you are 12 and under you do not need to wear heels
  • Elizabeth Julia 2012/06/22 18:58:51
    Elizabeth
    I meant 3 inch and below, that's not really that bad. I knew a lot of girls in elementary school in 4th grade coming to school in 5 inch high heels. Really, with me, not as bad as some other girls around.
  • Joy Buc... Elizabeth 2012/06/22 21:03:53 (edited)
    Joy Buchanan
    still you´ll keep on wearing them... which is bad for you at any age... it only affects you more when you are younger still... its bad at any age.... -__-
    and still your an idiot...
  • Joy Buc... Elizabeth 2012/06/22 21:01:38
    Joy Buchanan
    girl you are messed up.... seriously.... you know how bad thats for your back... but I guess you really dont care.... hmmm... you´ll suffer later...
  • Elizabeth Joy Buc... 2012/06/22 21:08:15
    Elizabeth
    Well maybe I am messed up. But that doesn't mean I don't care.
  • Joy Buc... Elizabeth 2012/06/26 00:29:15
    Joy Buchanan
    so would you continue? cause if you care you would at least want to stopit...
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/06/22 17:21:16
    No way
    Margaret Jacobson
    they look dumb and kids growup too soon anyway
  • Faith ~American Patriot~ 2012/06/22 17:18:03
    OK
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +2
    Technically flip flops are bad for your feet too. These sizes are not toddler sizes, they are little girl sizes. While the picture looks like these are higher, Target sells a nearly identical type of show for little girls, as does Walmart. My daughter loves wedges. Does she get to wear them every day? Of course not, but on certain occasions she does.
  • Joy Buc... Faith ~... 2012/06/22 21:04:55
    Joy Buchanan
    how are flip flops bad?
  • Faith ~... Joy Buc... 2012/06/22 22:18:58
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    A recent study found that flip-flop wearers tend to grip the footwear with their toes, causing shorter stride length and improper force when their feet hit the ground. What does this mean? Basically, a powerful force is transferred up our legs, putting additional stress on our lower body.

Unfortunately, our bodies aren't designed for that type of stress. The spongy nature and lack of arch support found in many flip-flops causes the feet to roll inward toward each other causing pain and injury to the arch as well as plantar fasciitis. And if you're not flat foot, you actually could become flat foot by wearing poorly made flip flops.
  • Joy Buc... Faith ~... 2012/06/26 00:30:48
    Joy Buchanan
    oh... you know what.... now I'll just stick to sneakers... jeje...
  • Jessie 2012/06/22 17:17:44
    No way
    Jessie
    Don't we want our kids to look cute not trashy???? This is going overboard!!
  • raimiek 2012/06/22 17:16:19
    No way
    raimiek
    +1
    It's funny how people think it's okay for women to show off their breasts but it's not okay for little girls to wear heels. The American culture is obsessed with sex appeal. It just confuses me.
  • Joy Buc... raimiek 2012/06/22 21:06:58
    Joy Buchanan
    but I think that high heels would be worst because it causes back problems and little girl´s bones are still forming... anyways I agree with you that the american culture IS obsessed with sex appeal...
  • Joyce Cavener 2012/06/22 16:53:12
    No way
    Joyce Cavener
    Defiantly , children should remain kids as long as they can. They'll have life time of being an adult.

2014/09/16 11:35:58