Have you seen Zeitgeist?

\V/ 2010/04/24 00:55:31
Zeitgeist - Do you know about it? What is it? Is it really important for your future and the future of all life on earth?
I think its the MUST SEE film of the century! What do you think?

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/zeitgeist---...

• ChrisWestin 2010/05/04 19:33:03
    ChrisWestin
    +5
    Zeitgeist Addendum is a starting point for the new generations coming out of war and more war, poverty and more poverty and injustice and more injustice. Whether you find the data irrelevant, or the expressions offensive, the idea of mobilizing into a non-violent boycott of Capitalism, and any other isms that have plagued mankind is not worth turning off or ignoring. We all know there are issues in this world to overcome, so let's do it, let's think about it rationally and make this world into something a lot better that we have now. We know politics doesn't work... We know about the social stratification, the greed and competition that leads to losing trust with our brothers and sisters... so let's use the knowledge we have to overcome such simple yet destructive concepts.

• 1472365 2010/07/28 05:44:25
    1472365
    +1
    An interesting movie. Everyone should watch at least the first part about money. I find some of the ideas related to the proposed 'resource based economy' a little fanciful, but then maybe I'm just jaded. The only part of the movie I sharply disagree with is the notion of boycotting the political process. In my opinion this is the reverse of what is required at this point in history. I think that members of the public should become more involved in the political process. It has been my observation that when changes for the good in society occur it is as a result of a groundswell of political action on the part of the general public.
    All in all this show is worth watching as it covers important information about the true nature of the status quo as well as presenting some interesting ideas about where we as a society can go from here.

As a mechanic I can tell you that one is unlikely to solve a problem one does not understand.
  • <--That guy 2010/07/26 18:45:51
  • Grissom 2010/07/26 01:46:31
    Grissom
    not my cup of tea.
  • \V/ Grissom 2010/07/26 03:20:12
  • Grissom \V/ 2010/07/26 03:40:27
    Grissom
    not yet sherlock.
  • MysteryWoman 2010/07/25 17:35:33
    MysteryWoman
    +1
    Yes, I have seen it and enjoyed it very much!

I see...you have more to this than the other question.
    And I agree, it is the "must see" film of the Century.
  • enlightened one 2010/05/29 06:01:15
    enlightened one
    +3
    I did see this before and it is still very surrealistic but is exactly how money is made and how the Federal Reserve gets control over all the banks here in the U.S. I did find out that the Federal Reserve Bank is just part of the foreign bank cartels so basically long ago the foreign banks and old world Illuminati obtained access into American lives. This was done without real transparency to the pubic and certainly without understanding and consent of the people. This treasonous act was incorporated into the Wall Street money changers and big corporations who basically control the source of income for everyone. The problems today started back around the turn of the century before many of us were born.
  • \V/ enlight... 2010/05/29 07:37:09
  • Dime Bag Bruce (JSC) 2010/05/27 22:38:40
    Dime Bag Bruce (JSC)
    Nope never seen or heard of it...
  • Autarchic 2010/05/27 22:37:18
    Autarchic
    Yes, I've seen it.
  • Little Angel 2010/05/27 22:35:55
    Little Angel
    +3
    This is a very educational video and a "must see" for anyone who
    really wants to know what is going on in our World. It explains what
    is most important in the effort to correct our corrupt Government.
    This video did answer some of the questions I have always wanted
    to have answered. For example, how does our Monetary System
    really work and why it is impossible to continue keeping the Economy
    from completely crashing on the route we are now taking.
  • nettie 2010/05/27 12:15:56
    nettie
    +1
    I have watched this several times. It is a real eye opener.
  • \V/ nettie 2010/05/27 15:37:26
  • Beccy 2010/05/15 16:32:01
    +1
    I have read that when we use our credit cards or take out a loan the Fed prints more money. I think I will start just using money,,
  • Ahrtal 2010/05/14 19:55:44
    Ahrtal
    Doesn't really change my personal Weltanschauung and notion of Realpolitik.
  • \V/ Ahrtal 2010/05/14 20:12:49
  • Ahrtal \V/ 2010/05/14 20:21:00
    Ahrtal
    I find it idealistic, and unachievable. Unless, of course, everyone is implanted with a chip that overrides thoughts of self fulfillment, self determination, yearning for that which many would call "unnecessary" and contrary to the collective good or needs (Yes, it could be called greed, I suppose). People cannot be controlled as long as they think for themselves. Global problems are such because they are local problems which "someone" elevates into a global problem. I do not wait for someone to keep me from drowning. I swim.
  • \V/ Ahrtal 2010/05/14 20:33:43 (edited)
  • Ahrtal \V/ 2010/05/14 23:24:23
    Ahrtal
    Well, "....pointless little platitudes...inaction" Thanks for starting off with the personal attack. I know with whom I'm dealing. I hope you feel better about yourself and secure in your superiority to me. And if you feel it is so, then it is truth, correct?. I guess once all the knuckle-draggers are bred out, hunted down, and sterilized or killed the utopia of a "more enlightened humanity" will be achieved. I mean, selective breeding does give rise to better citizens.

We do have some agreement on what is wrong, but our solutions will digress because you appear to approach problems from the view of globalism, collective rights, collective or global responsibilities, etc. I tend to have more faith in the individual to find solutions. There can be cooperation amongst the nations, but global governance is not the answer nor will that provide viable solutions. So what solutions do YOU have to offer? It's easy to say this must change.

The monetary instability would be cured through a one world bank? How else is everyone going to share equally? Well, we do have the IMF. That's worked out really well, if you are a member of the board. Do you actually believe that achieving global "economic justice" is going to bring up those people who live on $2.00 a day to your level? ...

The monetary instability would be cured through a one world bank? How else is everyone going to share equally? Well, we do have the IMF. That's worked out really well, if you are a member of the board. Do you actually believe that achieving global "economic justice" is going to bring up those people who live on $2.00 a day to your level? No, the "economic justice" continuum works in an inverse manner. To achieve and sustain global "economic justice" redistribution of what you have downward is the way it is done. Your economic worth will approach their level. Then everyone is economically equal, because there is only a finite capital globally. Now, if you want to live with less, if that'll make you feel good about yourself, fine. I believe in individual initiative: you know, "If you build it they will come." "Economic justice" breeds mediocrity and lack of initiative. That was evident in the old Soviet Union. Even the PRC had to rework that one. Why? I guess it is because the people were not "more enlightened", and wanted to live better, with more conveniences. they saw the end of the Soviet Union and had to approach a quasi-free market system to keep the proletariat from the gates.

There are doers and there are the complacent. There are the leaders and there are the followers. You will never achieve a "more enlightened society" unless the Self is controlled or conditioned. This is not individual freedom; it is not freedom at all. I do not subscribe to collective freedom. That freedom is too easily taken away. Mankind does not work that way. I can guarantee conflict when a few decide what is best for the many. The French Revolution was the product of The Enlightenment---so was the guillotine. And in the New World so was the Bill of Rights and our Constitution. Both revolutions were born of an more enlightened humanity, but both were filled with conflict.

We probably agree on oil and fossil fuels, but, I am sure you see a global solution, based not on what is practical, but on what is dictated by a group of elitists, (Well, they consider themselves such.), and by global consensus. No nuclear energy, no experimentation with coal products. All we can use are solar, wind and electricity. Really? Who says so? Incandescent light bulbs are phased out, but the "green" solution has mercury and must be disposed of as a bio-hazard. Sometimes the cure is worse than the sickness. Electric cars are a practical solution? Well with a 3,000 mile extension cord, maybe. The cost of the roadway infrastructure to support these vehicles would be unaffordable. and unmaintainable. Give me a practical, global, and sustainable enlightened solution. Here we go with environmental justice. I won't even go there. What works on the veldt of Africa will not work in Detroit or in Siberia. How is the environmental justice going to work? Will we all equally freeze and sweat as determined by the "more enlightened" world dictators?

Technical unemployment is interesting; I agree it is a problem, but it is brought on by us, our own worst enemies. Business is very similar to the concept of survival of the fittest. To survive, one must adapt to changes in the environment, or to predators, etc. Businesses do this in order to survive. In America, especially, business has always had to adapt. That is why American business was successful and the model for about 100 years. This was due to governmental interference or "help". The unions also wanted their pound of flesh, and took it. Granted, unions did have a place in the past. In order to survive the new environment, maintain quality, meet a growing demand for products, something had to change. The adoption of machines to the assembly line replaced a number of workers and preserved the bottom line. The other adaptation was to go off-shore and use a cheaper source of labor. Maintaining the status-quo meant loss of entire businesses and the ability to compete in the global market place. Of course this was not good for the US workers, but such is the price for "economic justice". The union bosses made out great, though. Now the unions arr largely controlled by socialists and Marxists. Andy Stern said it himself: What we're working toward is building a global organization. Because workers of the world unite? It's not just a slogan any more; it's a way we are going to have to do our work." So, is this your solution, rather than Entrepreneurship? A grand, unionized work collective? Working for the sake of working? Great for the human spirit and self-worth, isn't it? But maybe the "more enlightened humanity" will be happy with that---and with that Yugo or Smart Car.

I'm getting a headache, and none of this will soak in anyway, because you are so far above it, so see ya on the ramparts!
  • \V/ Ahrtal 2010/05/14 23:31:05
  • Ahrtal \V/ 2010/05/15 01:16:24
    Ahrtal
    I did watch the clip shown at the beginning. So you are saying, i need to watch the entire film, I assume. Oh, I don't think the Venus Project would like you banning me---there is no government, just governance. That's a bit of a contradiction in Fresco's philosophy, but since there is more than just the clip provided, I'll try to keep an open mind. \V/, I take it you make up the rules, right?
  • \V/ Ahrtal 2010/05/15 02:18:07
  • LucyBrown Ahrtal 2010/05/14 21:04:22
    LucyBrown
    So... are you saying you've actually watched Addendum? And *that's* the message you got from it? I don't understand where you got the notion that The Zeitgeist Movement aims to control anyone... ? No self-fulfillment? A Resource Based Economy offers the most potential I've seen for humans to lead a fulfilling life of learning, exploration, and leisure! Are you sure you watched the right documentary?
  • Ahrtal LucyBrown 2010/05/15 01:18:23
    Ahrtal
    Okay, I saw the clip provided. I was commenting on the Kubaya part which just set me off on a tangent. I'll have to get into the meat of it (II-XIII). So I'm a Luddite.
  • LucyBrown 2010/05/04 22:07:31
    LucyBrown
    +4
    Addendum is a great introduction to/starting point for the type of revolutionary thought and action needed to actually make this world better.
    The monetary system (which may have once served a relatively useful function in the past) is now hindering progress at pretty much every level of society. The fact that we have more than enough food on this planet to feed all it's people but not enough money in circulation to buy that food should tell us that we need drastic change. The amount of poverty, preventable disease, and violence in our world today is absolutely unacceptable. We should all be alarmed and outraged at what is happening to our fellow humans and to the Earth which sustains us. In this current society complacency and inaction are violent acts. Work for real change now. Join The Movement: www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
  • ChrisWestin 2010/05/04 19:33:03
    ChrisWestin
    +5
  • Katie 2010/04/28 00:03:10
  • Anon19 2010/04/27 21:59:34
    Anon19
    watched about 3 minutes... woke up and closed tab to get back to something with interest..
  • \V/ Anon19 2010/04/27 22:56:04
  • ChrisWe... \V/ 2010/05/04 19:21:54
    ChrisWestin
    Haha, It's just a creation by the good ole system... Maybe The Simpsons handle the ADD better.
  • hart 2010/04/27 21:11:10
    hart
    +3
    i liked it, the last part with some solutions too probloms we face was good.
  • Sono Violado 2010/04/27 18:28:15
    Sono Violado
    +2
    Good movie.
  • Hayley 2010/04/26 03:42:15
    Hayley
    +1
    Zeitgeist, literally means "spirit of the times"...popular belief and perception has societal power, and always will.....
  • Scars Remain (aka Vicki) 2010/04/26 03:38:18
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    +4
    I have seen some of it and thought what I had seen was rubbish.

rubbish
  • ChrisWe... Scars R... 2010/05/04 19:22:42
    ChrisWestin
    can you say why or is that really too hard for people to do...
  • \V/ ChrisWe... 2010/05/05 20:56:46
  • officernarc 2010/04/25 07:10:18
    officernarc
    +4
    I saw it. Didn't like it. It's poorly sourced.
  • officer... officer... 2010/04/25 07:12:22
    officernarc
    +5
    Also, it gives people the perception that they are educating themselves by watching it, a laughable notion at best.
  • officer... officer... 2010/04/25 07:28:04
  • \V/ officer... 2010/04/25 07:54:14

2014/08/30 10:30:42