Have you ever witnessed or heard the sound of someone getting paddled at school? If so, What grade? teacher-Male or female? Student Boy or Girl?

pdarkow 2012/05/06 06:54:04
Related Topics: Student, Teacher, School, Boy

• jgh57 2014/05/22 23:01:21
    jgh57
    +1
    I heard it, saw it and felt it.
  • pdarkow jgh57 2014/05/22 23:11:05
    pdarkow
    +1
    Me Too
  • dallas.cheked 2013/12/17 02:42:53 (edited)
    dallas.cheked
    +1
    Back in the day when paddling was the punishment you got for being bad, you didn't have these little thugs trying to rule the roost like you have nowadays. Anymore, it's like the insane running the asylum. Kids back in my day knew all about discipline and respect.
  • jgh57 dallas.... 2014/05/23 00:45:18
    jgh57
    +1
    There weren't any school shootings either.
  • pdarkow jgh57 2014/05/23 04:12:15
  • fsparks 2013/07/21 18:55:18
    fsparks
    Yes, I saw one girl get paddled ,my girlfriend.
    The teacher was a female but she had a mighty arm
    and she could make a butt red quickly. She did it with my girlfriend.
    The paddle about 2 foot long,4 inches wide and a quarter of a inch thick.
    I felt sorry for my gf but was helpless in this case.
  • jeff daniels 2013/01/27 02:23:13
    jeff daniels
    Being in high school football in the early 60's--I ssaw guys et paddled bareand they saw me get t --When you earned a paddling you jst bent over held your ankles or shins and coach paddled your bare butt and anyone in the locker room saw it----You may see guys naked every day--but seeing a guy bend overwith his bare butt waiting for a paddlg is vry diffrent---I always felt orry for the guys----especially when t was MY BUTT WAITING
  • pcasper59 2012/11/27 15:50:26
    pcasper59
    +2
    Yes have witnessed a paddling of boy and girl in the hallway and office by a male Principal. .
  • mitchthedrugdoc 2012/11/26 03:05:49
    mitchthedrugdoc
    Paddling fails to teach anything except that someone is bigger, stronger or has greater authority. We frown on bullying among students...why should schools be allowed to bully students with physical punishment
  • dallas.... mitchth... 2013/12/17 02:53:13 (edited)
    dallas.cheked
    +2
    It teaches RESPECT for authority. Something that is sorely lacking in today's society. If paddling in itself didn't do the trick, you were sent to juvenile detention or reform school where they really paddled your butt if you stepped out of line. That's why there weren't these little gangsters and hoodlums roaming the streets back then like there is today. You knew better. There was accountability, there were REAL consequences for wrongdoing. Also the fear of what awaited you for bad behavior when Dad got home kept you on the straight and narrow. Oh, how I miss those good old days!
  • 2012/08/13 20:14:19
    Yes I did, There were plenty of paddlings that went down when I was in school 70s /80s,. And Yes Girls were paddled too.. But they didn’t paddle the girls as hard as the boys,.

As I had caused probably about a dozen different boys from elementary to Jr, high to receive a paddling with the same amount of force to used on them that would normally be used to Paddle the girls with,. I have to admit I quietly enjoyed it , having other boys receiving a paddling not quite so hard too,.. Just so they could experience one at a lowered amount of force and there reactions later on about it,. Since they had priory experienced hard paddlings before ,

First time I managed to get this done was on three boys in elementary school they were 4th graders , This one boy Denis from what others had said didn’t take his prior paddlings to well, and put on quite a show with from his screaming and hollering since he couldn’t handle the pain from it,. They were all in for 5 licks for causing a commotion in class , the other two boys Henry and Paul got there’s done with 3 at the Girls force and the last two at hard boys force, Denis got all 5 of his done at girls amount of force,. Besides Denis more or less allowed himself to get dragged into the problem,.

Afterwards Henry was the o...

Afterwards Henry was the only one with wet eyes from a few tears not heavy crying or tears,. What’s funny the fact Henry was contesting about getting swatted like the girls got hit with,. He had over confidence that he could take all 5 at hard force , Well that put a nip on his ego and over confidence afterwards ,

Denis had more or less the look of shock or surprise on his face and was told with the wrong wording.. He asked me, Why did you tell him “the Principle “ to Paddle me as a Girl for ?,. All three boys were African Americans, so I had to tell him the correct sentences, “wording” I told him I know of others talk about his prior paddling’s and the show he put on because of the pain from it,. So I told Denis , No you’re a boy that just received a paddling with more or less the same amount of force that’s used to Paddle the Girls with.. Knowing that I asked “the Principle” to use the same amount of force that he normally would use to paddle the girls with.. That’s all,.

anyways in general most of the boys said it was quite and experience to receive there paddlings at about the same amount of force that’s used for a Girls type of Paddling.
    years later on out of the dozen boys one of them had spotted me in town and took me to the side and told me how he remembered me from that elementary school,. since he wasn't in any of my class's I didn't recognize him.. then he told me about his paddling experience he got because of me.. when he said that.. I knew there wasn't a problem since if I had anything to do with someone getting paddled..

I said to him.. If I had anything to do with someone being paddled.... It probably wasn't done too hard,. He smiled and said, No it wasn’t hard like it Normally was done ,. I said , well I’m glad that’s how you remember me,. With a grin on his face he said, Oh I remembered it because of how you told me and the other boy how it was done to us the next day,. With Surprise he said, You asked him “ the Principle “ to give us a Girls Paddling instead,. Then I asked him.. Now that he’s older if he was ok with it being done to him like that.. Because I remembered somewhat at the time they didn’t like me telling the two of them about how they got paddled,. He said , yes he was alright about it looking back.. It was the only paddling he ever got like that,.

then I admitted to him that I had been swatted like that in first grade.. And found out later on about it from older students how it had been done to me,. and as I got older I always wanted other boys to be allowed to experience there paddling’s like that at least one time , since they only had prior painful paddling experiences with the board of education

paddle
  • Alan Seddon 2012/05/13 08:03:08
    Alan Seddon
    I went to school in England. We didn't have the paddle. We had the cane and slipper. The slipper was used in the classroom, so I witnessed it many times between age 11 and 16. The slipper was actually an old rubber-soled gym shoe. We had to bend over and touch our toes and were whacked on the seat of the trousers. I remember one teacher - a left-hander called Mr Hunter - who whacked incredibly hard and fast. He raised the slipper high in the air, all the way behind his shoulder, and brought it down with all his might. All six whacks landed on the same spot within the space of a few seconds. The sounded reverberated all round the room and pain was atrocious. Often the boy would jump up and grab his backside, crying hysterically as he walked back to his place. We behaved ourselves in his lessons.
  • Mz Understood 2012/05/06 18:41:45
    Mz Understood
    +2
    8th grade in Decatur, Alabama. Tiniest teacher in the school (Mrs. Middleton) was the one they feared the most when it was time for paddling. Even more than the boys coach. You could hear it when she did the paddling.
  • pdarkow Mz Unde... 2012/05/06 19:15:44
    pdarkow
    Hopefully you weren't one of the recipients You probably felt bad for those who were. How many swats did she give in a paddling?
  • Mz Unde... pdarkow 2012/05/06 20:48:09
    Mz Understood
    No way...not me! I had detention once in fourth grade and that was the end of my career as a rule breaker in school. LOL!
    I think the number of swats depended on the offense. They were given the choice of punishments, though. Paddle, detention, and in school suspension. Most took the paddling to get it over with. But they were ALWAYS worried that it was going to be Mrs. Middleton swinging that paddle. LOL!
  • pdarkow Mz Unde... 2012/05/06 21:41:49
    pdarkow
    You probably still felt bad for the recipients though?
  • pdarkow pdarkow 2012/05/06 21:42:22
    pdarkow
    Was any of them girls?
  • Mz Unde... pdarkow 2012/05/06 23:32:31
    Mz Understood
    Honestly, I don't really remember if any were girls. I'm sure they were. They were kind of equal opportunity when it came to punishment. You do the crime, you do the time so to speak.
    Did I feel bad for them? Ehh....I don't know.
  • pdarkow Mz Unde... 2012/05/06 23:36:38
    pdarkow
    do you think hearing the sound of them getting paddled kept you from getting into trouble and getting paddled yourself?
  • Mz Unde... pdarkow 2012/05/07 01:53:48
    Mz Understood
    Definitely! I had NO desire to go through the whole bend over, grab your ankles, and SWAT! BUT, this was many years ago. Things were different then than they are now. Not only did I not want to be paddled, I didn't want to disappoint my mother or catch her wrath when I got home. The paddling at school would have only been part of the punishment.

Now, it seems like the parents don't much care. I'm not saying all parents are like that...It's just what I've seen with some of my daughters friends.
    The one girl blows off school so often that they have her in a special school and if she doesn't go, she gets sent to juvenile detention. So far, in just the past 4 months, she's spent 3 weeks in juvie. Mom blames the person whose job it is to pick her little angel up to take her to school. Why aren't we blaming the little angel? Shouldn't she get her butt up and get ready? Or is the person picking her up supposed to wait until little angel finally drags her butt out of bed...whenever that may be?
  • pdarkow Mz Unde... 2012/05/07 02:51:17
    pdarkow
    +1
    That is so true and so sad that parents want to place the blame on everything and everyone else except themselves or their kids. I take it your house was like mine a paddling at school equalled a paddling at home.
  • Mz Unde... pdarkow 2012/05/07 11:26:20
    Mz Understood
    A home paddling wasn't too scary to me as I passed my mom up size-wise by the time I was in 7th grade. (She's tiny!) Disappointing her and getting the silent treatment was what freaked me out.
  • pdarkow Mz Unde... 2012/05/07 11:34:47
    pdarkow
    +1
    Thats as bad as a paddling
  • pdarkow 2012/08/13 20:42:44
    I can relate in another way about feeling bad for other recipients,. at a prior school in elementary , he didn't paddle girls at that school.. didn't know how to either,. I got him to agree to use a lowered amount of force on me.. that would normally be used to swat the gals with,. anyways here is how I felt those moments when I got into possition:

What is so funny is I remember how soft veinal cushioned seat was and how my hands kinda sunk down into it too , Kind of made me think how that paddle was going to be sinking into my soft n young fanny very shortly ,

Just the Odd feeling of the paddle itself with out the pain is an experience by its self,.
    It even made me think of the others that had been on the receiving end of this Paddle prior to me and how painful it must had been for them getting there butts made sore by it, . And I was strangely wishing they could have experienced this type of paddling being done not too hard or painful like I was about to get from this same board ,.

Suddenly I felt the receiving end of that big paddle board make soft contact slightly pressing against my fanny,. Since I couldn’t see nor hear the Pop I kinda let out a small like “oh” under my breath from it , even thowe there wasn’t any type of pain from it,. He was lining up the paddle ...

Suddenly I felt the receiving end of that big paddle board make soft contact slightly pressing against my fanny,. Since I couldn’t see nor hear the Pop I kinda let out a small like “oh” under my breath from it , even thowe there wasn’t any type of pain from it,. He was lining up the paddle at this point then he raised the board up swung it down , there was a very small whoosh of air as it came down the board soft landed on my bottom I grunted out a small “oh” under my breath again out of surprise even if there was no pain, he repeated that again a second time again ,

Announcing the amount of stokes as 5 ,
    keep your hands down on that seat.. Don’t move them from there until this is over with , I said Ok sir,. Then he asked are you ready, I said yes,.

Then he Moved away from me back over to his desk.. and Aborted the Paddling all together ,. He had his own reasonings for not doing it.. probably since he never incountered a boy asking to be swatted like that,. and sent me on the way,.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/05/06 17:52:59
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    Any coward adult can resort to violence when dealing with someone 1/3 their size and 1/10 their strength...
  • Nine Ve... Beat Ma... 2013/06/22 06:03:25
    Nine Vegetable
    +2
    You're a wuss.
  • pdarkow 2012/05/06 17:10:08
    pdarkow
    Many times when I was in school it was almost a daily thing
  • Oaces_boss_yo® 2012/05/06 08:24:33
  • Vitalani 2012/05/06 07:40:53
    Vitalani
    Never.
  • S. Gompers 2012/05/06 07:20:13
    S. Gompers
    Me, I got paddled alot.
  • Duke----The Non Racist, Fun... 2012/05/06 07:02:31
    Duke----The Non Racist, Funny Duke !
    Yes to all the above except the grade part, because didn't see, hear or feel any during last three grades of high school. Those were the days

2014/10/20 19:05:30