Have You Ever Met a Bridezilla?

ABCnews.com 2012/02/02 22:47:27

• apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope 2012/02/05 03:22:28 (edited)
    Yes, just one.
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    +17
    I was a bridesmaid of a young woman who would not understand that perfection is not a fact, but an idea. She would yell at us because she considered us beneath her, she complained about anyone telling her they were bringing their children to the wedding and she would rather have them left in the car, and would go on rampages when things didn't go exactly how she wanted it.

The day before the wedding she made a very insulting comment to a fellow bridesmaid's appearance in her bridal uniform - a woman whom already possessed a very low self-esteem - and I just lost it. I told her she was terrible a person, she was undeserving of anything that was handed to her, and that she should jump off her constant high horse and into a steaming pile of manure where she absolutely belonged because anything better was unacceptable.

Of course, it wasn't said so eloquently and with about thirty swear words.

Needless to say, I was no longer a bridesmaid. But it's not as if it mattered anyhow. She was stood up at the altar the next day... and I giggled when I heard the news. Was it evil of me? Yes. But damn did it feel good.

Crap. I ranted. XD

• Mike Hunt 2012/02/09 21:44:01
    Yes, more than one.
    Mike Hunt
    I in the wedding business.
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/02/06 14:28:10
    Yes, just one.
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    And I married her...I was warned *groan*
  • Persephone 2012/02/06 12:34:53
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Persephone
    +1
    Nope. I wouldn't have what it takes to deal with one, I would tell her to f*** off!
  • Dolly 2012/02/06 12:08:06
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Dolly
    i was a bride once, but never a "zilla"
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/02/06 09:44:31
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    I'd rip the damn veil off her head if any bride spoke to me the way those trash cans do on that show. When did a too tight, off the rack, white prom dress give someone the right to replace basic good manners with behavior appropriate for... well no one any where actually!
  • Wackyweirdochic 2012/02/06 05:16:11
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Wackyweirdochic
    Oh hell no.
    I think the bridezilla and I would be fighting ._.
  • blackrings70 2012/02/06 03:23:51
    No, and I hope I never do!
    blackrings70
    Give her a smack on the ass and tell her to knock it off or I'll shove her cake up her ass.
  • LesMiserables 2012/02/06 03:18:37
    No, and I hope I never do!
    LesMiserables
    whats that?
  • Dr.CleoDactyl 2012/02/06 02:24:26
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Dr.CleoDactyl
    sheeeeet.....
  • Frumshus. 2012/02/06 01:02:04
    I've been a bridezilla.
    Frumshus.
    oops....wrong button -.- I meant to say just one.
  • Elz 2012/02/06 00:00:19
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Elz
    nope not really. i know my uncle's wife was being a pain on her wedding day but i wasnt around to see it. thank god.
  • bob h. 2012/02/05 23:36:02
    Yes, more than one.
    bob h.
    +1
    I worked as a wedding photographer for a few years, so it's nothing new. As soon as you get a look at the players, you can pretty much predict their actions from then on. It's theatre. In most cases, the Bride is not the worst. That honor goes to the "Yenta". She's middle aged, dumpy, has a moustache, never been married, and deep down hates every one who has. So of course, elects herself to be in charge. As soon as the Yenta hits the set, the simplest thing is like walking in quicksand.
  • Mel Mar... bob h. 2012/02/08 14:37:13
    Mel Martens
    I'm not sure what a Yenta is. You explain it but only generally...any examples from your experiences so I might know if I've ever witnessed one?

Half my family are bogan busybodies so narrowing it down to the nosiest sure is hard.
  • Predators Eyez 2012/02/05 21:48:17
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Predators Eyez
  • TasselLady 2012/02/05 20:12:38
    No, and I hope I never do!
    TasselLady
    +1
    Nope. Knock on wood.
    knock on wood
  • Dickens 2012/02/05 20:01:45
    Yes, more than one.
    Dickens
    +1
    ..I thought they ALL were...
  • asdfghjkl 2012/02/05 18:00:32
    No, and I hope I never do!
    asdfghjkl
    I can understand it if you want a wedding to be great but I would never go bridezilla!
  • Josephine 2012/02/05 17:47:38
  • MR. 2012/02/05 15:04:22 (edited)
    No, and I hope I never do!
    MR.
    In the early 50's,...the cherry blossoms had just bloomed in Tokyo,..and then I heard the strangest sound?) ((( I never looked back!)))
  • dogs voice 2012/02/05 14:56:43
    No, and I hope I never do!
    dogs voice
    I have to admit I have actually watched the show. Fortunately I am not married. I will tell ya one thing though, IF I ever had to contend with a fiancee that was a bridezilla, that would be the end of the relationship and possible marriage. NO MARRIAGE is that important in my mind. Especially to act the way some of these bridezillas do. If I was family or friend involved in the wedding, I'd say see ya later and have a nice day. These WENCHES are totally out of control and unless they tone it down, I say give them a civil ceremony at the JoP w/ 2-3 witnesses and send them on their way. How'd ya like me now?
  • v i o l e t 2012/02/05 09:15:27
    No, and I hope I never do!
    v i o l e t
    +1
    Have the same effect on me as high maintenance people.. I avoid them.
  • 2226693 2012/02/05 09:07:00
  • Charmedtears♥ 2012/02/05 08:26:32
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Charmedtears♥
    +6
    And if I do ever meet one... I'm running!
    running animal gif
    Yes, just one.
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    +17

Crap. I ranted. XD
  • Dee apaтнeт... 2012/02/05 08:05:44
    Dee
    +4
    What a great story! Good for you for not taking that abuse and not allowing someone else to suffer at the Bridezilla's hand!
  • Beanybudd apaтнeт... 2012/02/05 10:18:37 (edited)
    Beanybudd
    +4
    Good, the almost husband came to his senses before ending up in that trap! I could only imagine the type of parent she'd be... glad to hear you stood up to such behavior!
  • glendajb4 apaтнeт... 2012/02/05 17:57:49
    glendajb4
    +3
    virtual high five

Alright!
  • apaтнeт... glendajb4 2012/02/05 18:12:29
  • TasselLady apaтнeт... 2012/02/05 20:14:54
    TasselLady
    You and the groom were the smart ones. I bet that spoiled little two year old bride to be got a snootfull. She deserved everything she got coming to her. Maybe it will teach her that how she treats others is what will happen to her down the road.
    Yes, more than one.
    +4
    ARRGGGhhh ..
    "Zillas" are a bane on the existence of everyone around them ..
    (Thankfully .. I don't have to have these individuals around me anymore).
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/02/05 01:49:37
    Yes, more than one.
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +4
    my ex stepmom and my current one
  • lolvampirebookworm 2012/02/05 00:59:18
    Yes, more than one.
    lolvampirebookworm
    +4
    Yeah, It was very creepy to see her flip out over the smallest details that were out of order. Nobody even noticed if she hadn't said anything. I don't understand whats all the fuss is about. It was one small thing for pete's sake
  • Little Miss Ncis 2012/02/04 23:12:01 (edited)
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Little Miss Ncis
    +7
    NO! If I do though, I would slap the sh*t out of them!! I watch that program and i'm normaly on my own, and I end up screaming at the TV! Because they are all mental! Most of them complain about how everyone else is so ugly and useless when they are usually big fat ugly ass bitches with no skills in life! I get really pissed off!!!

angry glee gif
  • Blood Bathed Angel 2012/02/04 22:29:37
    Yes, more than one.
    Blood Bathed Angel
    +2
    It's scary stuff, man.
  • Jules 2012/02/04 22:12:44
    No, and I hope I never do!
    Jules
    +4
    I've never met one, my cousin was actually extremely calm and reasonable planning her wedding. She didn't care that much that everything was perfect (in fact she got a bit of grass stains on the trail of her dress as they were taking pictures since it was an outside wedding, and she didn't care at all) as long as the guy she was marrying was right for her, and that everyone there was happy. Which we were, and she is too, LOL. I hope I never meet a Bridezilla, and I REALLY hope that I don't become one should I ever change my mind about not getting married.
  • Blood B... Jules 2012/02/04 22:31:05
    Blood Bathed Angel
    +2
    Your beautiful lol so I bet you will find a man who will think so too and then you will want to get married when you fall in love. ;) Just you wait and see.
  • Jules Blood B... 2012/02/04 22:50:55
    Jules
    +1
    thank you!~ <33 and well I was in love but he broke my heart already, and I'm with someone new but it's not even love its just a simple relationship. I made the decision to NOT get married when I was in love honestly, because I don't see the point of marriage and in my honest opinion I think it ruins the relationship once you get married. I was with the guy I loved for 3 years too.
  • Blood B... Jules 2012/02/05 06:52:32
    Blood Bathed Angel
    +1
    Aww. =/ I just got with this one really great guy (he knows who he is ;) ) And yeah, he is on sodahead too lol but umm I have been hurt LOTS by men. I still plan on one day getting married and maybe even a child or two. :) But I have to make sure it is the right one because Yeah, marriage will happen. Divorce on the other hand? Hell nah.
  • Jules Blood B... 2012/02/09 01:28:50
    Jules
    Well thats your opinion, I've been broken only once, but it honestly had nothing to do with my decision to not get married. It was a choice I made when I met the guy and thought that maybe we would be together for a long time after highschool. But it didn't happen, but being broken hasn't changed my mind about not being married, in fact it has made it stronger. You're really pretty yourself by the way, and congrats on the bf I hope you guys have a really nice and long relationship!!~
  • Blood B... Jules 2012/02/09 16:41:40
    Blood Bathed Angel
    Aww, thanks so much! :) ~

2014/08/23 05:41:14