Have you ever looked in a mirror, and see someone else rather than yourself?

BGIRL_ROX 2011/02/21 00:49:22

Let me clarify. Yes your appearence in the mirror is there, but for a brief second it's like you see someone else, rather than you. That's been happening to me every now and then lately. I'd look in the mirror for a second, and for some reason, there are times I see someone who looks like me, but isn't me. It's weird, I know, but I was wondering if something like that has ever happened to anyone else here too.

• sabbymawrie 2012/12/08 19:55:30
    sabbymawrie
    +7
    hi, strange you should have the same experience, i had, its so hard to explian, but i sometimes think it could be someoneelse, or it could have been me from my past life.

• cole 2014/09/07 08:11:03
    cole
    +1
    One day when I had smoked weed and was high I went in the bathroom and got caught just gazing at myself in the mirror. I began to see what looked enough like me to where I thought it was me but not close enough to actually be me. It some how knew all the bad things deep inside me and what a terrible person I was. It kept growing on me and I was in a bad place in my life. Eventually I looked in a smaller magnified mirror where this evil version of myself seemed to be stronger. It kept trying to get me to "let it out"...
  • Moaningmermaid 2014/07/14 01:54:14
  • jay Moaning... 2014/07/29 16:32:31
    jay
    +2
    I know how you feel I was mirror meditating and one of the steps is at the end you open your eyes and you see what you envisioned and I knew my mind was clouded but I know why now because when I looked into my mirror I made direct eye contact by accident and I looked around in my environment through the mirror and found my reflection kept the eye contact while I looked about the area behind me it's not me I know it isn't it's something else something evil dwelling inside me I saw my deepest darkest thoughts surface and they weren't pretty at all
  • Titch 2014/06/04 18:00:18
    Titch
    +2
    I used to practice looking directly at my own eyes through the mirror, and had all these feelings of someone else, but calming. Now things have changed a bit as in when I look into a friends eyes (man or woman) the other person will see someone else in my eyes. I feel myself drifting into a deeper state and it scares me a wee bit, I know I could go further and the person looking into my eyes feels it deeply. It makes people stare into my eyes and can't look away, I don't know if it is evil :( In normal life people come to me for kindness, that is what I am.
  • Marc Skinner 2014/05/04 22:05:14
    Marc Skinner
    +2
    This happened to me a few weeks ago. Its really weird but i find it an amazing experience.

Let me start from the beginning. I was walking to my wash room and for that split second you look in the mirror it was not my eyes looking back at me. I froze and looked deep into these very prominent eyes which had a sparkle. I started to giggle as i realized i just saw something i shouldn't have. I asked my self who that was and i came to three theories but the last one is whom i think it is. Firstly i thought it was an alternative version of my self in a parallel universe and we were both looking in the mirror at the same time. Secondly it could be my guardian angle. The first image which came into my head was a griffin. I can clearly see the griffins face and he is all silver.
  • Vcpitts2 2014/01/09 07:45:25
    Vcpitts2
    +1
    While living in a residence hotel room in San Francisco, there were mirrors on every wall in the room. I could look into one mirror and see reflections of other mirrors with people milling around in them. I'd see people's faces rise up from the bottom of the mirror and look at me. The neighbors claimed to have seen them as well, and always cautioned me not to engage those people or invite them in. They called them shadow people, but I could see them just like seeing anybody else. And they definitely saw me.
  • Mirjana 2013/11/07 14:18:46
    Mirjana
    +2
    I've never actually had that happen, but I was searching up something similar and only came accross this. So a couple of times now, this usually happens when it's in a car and that person is driving. Once I was sitting at the back In the middle and my friend's cousin kept changing, I kept seeing him he looked like him but he also looked like someone else (an old friend), then he changed again (but it's only ever so slightly, he would just from the side or back or arms or hands, make me believe that he was someone else. And my current boyfriend, it has been happening recently too, especially in the dark, his face would somehow change every so slightly and I'd feel like I'm with someone else, usually I see my ex or a guy I've dated before. if I focus on his eyes or his smile, I just become so out of it, like disconnected from the presence and it feels like déjà vu. like I am re-living this moment but with someone else.
  • Jezz 2013/10/13 15:05:18
    Jezz
    Once I had a out-0f-body experience and was in the bathroom looking in the mirror and instead of seeing myself (a man) I saw a woman which was freaky.
    Since that time, I have had images of a person in a different time 1930's. the one in the mirror.
    When I was younger (18) I had a vision..like it appeared from nowhere, of a nazi officer pointing a luger pistol to my head. I screamed out because I knew he was about to pull the trigger. the vision vanished but left me shaken.
    One time I was dreaming (slumbering) and heard a conversation happening and it was german. I don't speak the language, but I know it when I hear it.
    Oh, and before I finish off, I once had a experience like out-of-the-body (again) of looking around a concentration camp..not past, but present day. I don't know why, but it happened.
  • Raven 2013/07/10 07:35:54
    Raven
    +4
    For me it's not someone else specifically. It only happens when I'm thinking about it too. I'll see my appearance my face, my hair, it's all me. Except I feel separated from my body like I'm just living someone else's life, I'm in their body. Like this is me, and then there's actual me that's my main self. The other me is just my body? Or I'm in a mindless person and I am the boss. I don't know. It's only happened twice. The second time was recently and it's because I was thinking about the first time.
  • Daffodils Lament 2013/06/16 09:12:29
    Daffodils Lament
    +3
    I look in the mirror and see that my eyes appear to be smiling in a sinister way...no matter what expression I have at the time. They aren't black or a different color, it just seems like there is someone else behind my eyes. Is there a psychological condition associated with this?
  • paul.hagar.52 2013/05/11 00:21:00
    paul.hagar.52
    +3
    YES!!!! That happened to me when I was about 13, I attributed it to the fact that I'm a fraternal twin but I really don't know, for a long time I was afraid to look in a mirror.
  • fallen-angel 2013/04/07 00:31:52 (edited)
    fallen-angel
    +3
    Every time I look in the mirror I see my reflection but after wards I see my self dying and I look very lifeless like I have been drained it looks like eyes are black and i tried to break the mirror several times but that does nothing to help I think its me who isn't a human anymore it happened when I was 12 after that I looked dead its weird I know my boyfriend tried finding out answers but couldn't get them. If anyone has answers please message me back thanks xD
  • laura 2013/02/17 04:59:06 (edited)
    laura
    +3
    Yes that has happened to me, that's why I looked it up! For me, it's not like it's a specific other person, and I don't notice any actually physical differences, I just know its not me. Ever since I realized it, it's happened every time I look in the mirror and not just for a second either. It's like I've always looked that way in the mirror, but I know that's not the way I'm supposed to look. Like I'm living in someone else's body and I've just gotten so used to it it's become familiar but it still isn't mine. I don't think I'm transgendered or anything, I don't think it's my gender that's wrong, it's just something about my body that feels weird lol. It doesn't creep me out to look in mirrors, it's just kinda weird. I think it's maybe because I think our bodies don't really represent us, you know? I realized that it does creep me out, however, that other people think of me of the person in the mirror. And I think of them as the person in their mirror, not really who they are. We use people's bodies to identify them More than their minds and that just kinda weirdest me out and horrifies me. I know I sound like a total hippy right now, but I swear I'm not high. Ok weird rant is over. Thanks for letting me share!
  • jeannette.woohoo 2013/02/04 14:40:30
    jeannette.woohoo
    +4
    I'm able to disconnect from what I see and know is my own reflection. I'll look and myself in the mirror, and sometimes look at the image as if it is not a reflection of me, but someone else entirely. I think, subconsciously/ deep down, I know it IS me but I still see someone else looking back at me.
  • haplo_man 2013/01/28 06:05:52
    haplo_man
    +1
    I think i'm going crazy... while still holding on to my sanity i looked into the mirror tonight and although i seen myself, i can swear i seen a different side of me, it was like it was me but not, it give me chills, ever since i have hidden myself from mirrors.
  • sabbymawrie 2012/12/08 19:55:30
    sabbymawrie
    +7
  • Angel sabbyma... 2014/06/26 10:55:50 (edited)
    Angel
    +1
    Stuff like this has happened to me since i was a child kind of. I would always have a strong imagination and i still do have one and and at night if somebody was sleeping next to me would stare at their faces and see a monster. Well today i was trying to contact with my spirit guide, i was another room alone when i read this story about a spirit guide who bothered her son i began to get fearful for my family. When i went to my room i was playing and then i decided to look in the mirror and when i looked my face changed completely. Pure darkness was going all over my face and my eyes changed the bottom went lower and it looked very creepy and it kept on doing that and i assumed that it was my dark side because that side is out there i'm not all that into helping and such and so im being consumed by evil is what i'm saying and i know it sounds weird.
  • Luxurie Allsop 2012/04/30 21:55:14
    Luxurie Allsop
    +2
    Oh my gosh... I've experienced this for the first time today... And It was VERY creepy.... SO I looked it up and found this forum :) At least I know I'm not the only one out there.... I was scared... It was like I was looking at myself from a different perspective... And I looked slightly different... But it seemed kind of evil in a way... It glared at me... But it was ME... I can't explain it... It was so weird/scary...
  • BGIRL_ROX Luxurie... 2012/05/15 22:51:59
    BGIRL_ROX
    +1
    Well, since then it hasn't really happened so much...then again, the second time it happened it was around one of my friends. That was, as I've told someone else before, a mere couple of weeks after I first saw that other me in the mirror.

Of course there are times she'll make herself known to others, and after a while, I started to consider her just another part of me. I even gave her name!~ My darker half I decided to name Yami, which is Japanese for "Darkness". Nice name, no? :)

And it's scary the first time, I know, but you either get used to it or not. (^_^) Depends on who you are

PS: Sorry about the late reply, I hadn't been on as much as I used to...
  • Daffodi... Luxurie... 2013/06/16 09:16:39
    Daffodils Lament
    +3
    Although my reflection doesn't glare...it smiles, I feel that we are experiencing something very similar. I just don't know what's happening. However, I do feel better knowing that I'm not alone in this...
  • taylor Luxurie... 2014/02/23 23:19:27
    taylor
    +3
    I cant say I havent experienced this. If I have I dont notice as I dont look at my self to well.. but ik one of my bffs friends have had a some what same presence... only more paranormal.
    So she said tht wen her friend looked into the mirror after using the bathroom. She blinked but her reflection didnt. She knew this wasnt an allusion of some sort she had gotten good sleep.
    She did a facial expresion but yet again her reflection was blank.
    I dont remember wat else happened as this was wen I was 6.
    If someone could give me an answer? If thisnhas happened to u plz tell me and give me advice. Cuz I am now afraid to do anything with a mirror so u could say I have a phobia.
    Plz I need answers or other pplz expierences. As I am truly scared.
  • taylor Luxurie... 2014/02/23 23:22:07
    taylor
    +2
  • Yuriy Holowko 2012/03/12 18:55:09 (edited)
  • BGIRL_ROX Yuriy H... 2012/03/18 13:14:53
    BGIRL_ROX
    (O_o) wow. just wow. I'm not sure what to say about that one...
  • courtney 2012/03/10 21:06:30
    courtney
    +2
    I always see someone else when I look in the mirror.. there are times when I'm getting ready in the morning and I see myself while I'm brushing my hair or my teeth,but then sometimes when I look away and look back..it's not me.She has my exact outfit,body build,skin color..everything,but she has a thinner face and smaller eyes..When I am alone in the house,I avoid mirrors,turned off televisions,windows,anything that might have my reflection..it really scares me to see her because I don't know why she is there..but I do feel like she is dark and can only bring bad things...there are other times when I am alone that I will see my reflection and she will be looking a different direction.It disturbs me...
  • BGIRL_ROX courtney 2012/03/18 13:13:54
    BGIRL_ROX
    wow, really? (O_o)

I'll be honest, but I hadn't seen "Yami" (that is the name I had given my "dark self", just yesterday when I was thinking about it....uh, is it strange to name it?) since Junior year of high school...she'd made an appearance twice that year. Once being when I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth. In that instance I'd turned away because I thought I saw something from the corner of my eye, though when I turned back, I nearly dropped my toothbrush. Yes, it was still my reflection. Same hair. Same pale skin. Same hazel eyes (or were they brown that day? My eyes change color on their own...). Same face. Same body. But the person looking back, was different. I saw the difference within the eyes.
    It was only for a brief second, but that's all it took to forever engrave that memory into my mind. Those eyes...had pure evil in them.

The second time was while I was walking to classes. (roughly three weeks later) One of my friends was calling me, and she said I looked like I was going to kill someone. "Yami" made her presence known once more, though that time without me knowing.

I'm just happy I hadn't seen any signs of "Yami" since then...
  • Robert ... BGIRL_ROX 2013/07/29 06:05:23 (edited)
    Robert Bennett
    +2
    Extremely late on this, but just looked it up cuz I was in the bathroom and noticed my eyes in the mirror. I've had this sorta thing happening for a long time now. But it was kinda dark in the room and I saw my pupil were dilated. They looked beautiful until I looked from one eye to another and suddenly they weren't mine anymore. Scared me to death. My darker side was looking back at me as if it was going to hunt me or something. Turned the light on, finished washing my hands and left fast.

Though I replied to your comment because you asked if giving that side of you the name Yami was weird. I, myself would say no. But I call that part of me by the name Dark. So yeah lol.

But most timesI look in mirrors i dont see me at first, weither Dark is there or not. lol idky
  • Taylor courtney 2012/12/01 18:44:12
    Taylor
    +14
    This is the exact same as me ... I don't know how old this forum is but I see the exact same thing . Except the girl is better than me . Prettier than me . Something in this girls eyes can see me . And I can see her the way others see me . Not as a reflection , as a person . When I am alone it looks as though she is looking past me at something else . It's starting to scare me ...
  • warren courtney 2014/06/13 03:36:17
  • Purple Shoe 2011/05/04 02:03:19
    Purple Shoe
    +3
    OH MY GOD YES. I used to think it was normal, I actually once said to my friend "hey you know when sometimes you look into the mirror, and for like a second, you see someone else?" and she was like "no..." then it got a bit awkward. Anyway, I kind of like it though, because every time I look into a mirror and see someone else for a second, (except for the first few times it happened) it's ALWAYS the same person, Barbara Palvin, who is a model, and I don't think I look anything like her, but she's gorgeous, so I'm not complaining. Do you always see the same person, or is it like a stranger, or a different person each time? I have a feeling it has something to do with a very slight case of face blindness, but I'm no doctor so...
  • BGIRL_ROX Purple ... 2011/05/04 20:58:20
    BGIRL_ROX
    Actually, it's still me, but it's like a me that shouldn't be released upon the world...my "dark" self, I guess would be appropriate. She does look like me, but it'd be the eyes that would give her away...I only saw them for a fraction of a second that day, but I still remember them well. There was pure evil in those eyes...evil eyes that showed hatred, bloodlust, and various other things my normal eyes would never show...this is a me I have to keep sealed away, and hope she can stay sealed.
    Luckily, I haven't seen anymore of that me in a while...and for my sanity's sake, let's hope it stays that way!
  • RavenAn... BGIRL_ROX 2011/06/25 03:03:21
    RavenAngelxX
    +4
    I know I'm like a million years late but I just googled this and this came up. I was looking for others like me because the exact same thing has been happening to me a good deal lately and it's kinda freaking me out. I feel like there is someone else there that can only be seen through a mirror that is trying to get out, some dark version of me. As you said, it's all in the eyes. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or just ignore it. Several of my friends have told me they'd be scared to get on my bad side... But yeah... It's just weird.
  • BGIRL_ROX RavenAn... 2012/03/18 13:18:06
    BGIRL_ROX
    and sorry for the freakishly late reply...^^;

I don't think those dark halves of ourselves can do too much on their own, though one of my friends back when I was a junior said there was a look in my eye that was ready to kill someone. Just yesterday I ended up naming that other half of me...is that a bad thing?
  • the undead in the black and... 2011/03/02 07:41:14
    the undead in the black and red
    yes, i've had it happen. it happens when im sober but in a different way when im high on drugs...im not sure how to explain it when im sober but when im high (green or other wise and or drunk) some times when i look in the mirror i see my reflection and its not really me...like i know its SUPPOSE to be me but its not. its like a complete stranger looking back at me, a stranger that disgusts me ect. im not going to go into all that but yeah. thats my high reflection of myself...now my sober reflection is different but the same in a way...its like my sober reflection disgusts me because of me and who i am or who im not. but my high reflection its as though i disgust myself for who am with the drugs, or it saddens me because i dont know why or how im in the situation im in...i dont know, im sure i didnt explain any of this very well or in the right way...
  • Taylor the und... 2012/12/01 18:46:52
    Taylor
    +10
    ... Have you ever felt like you were living the life of the girl in the mirror when high ?
  • the und... Taylor 2012/12/01 19:07:12
    the undead in the black and red
    Im not really sure...like sometimes i dont even kmow what lifei living...
  • the und... the und... 2012/12/01 23:48:22
    the undead in the black and red
    Like i guess it doesnt even really feel like ive done anything that ive done in my life...i dunno its weird. im not really quite sure what it feels like or how to explain it...like im just just an acter in some role i guess? like none of its actually real...
  • livrocks 2011/02/25 17:25:36
    livrocks
    +1
    yes, it's like seeing my alter-ego, as they always look like me but if I did something to get somewhere, lol it's hard to explain.
  • BGIRL_ROX livrocks 2011/02/25 22:17:29
    BGIRL_ROX
    ikr? Totally :3
  • BN-0 2011/02/21 07:26:12 (edited)
    BN-0
    Because you say it happens to you every now and then and then lately. I really think you should talk to someone about this like an adult, your mother or a doctor. It could lead to other things that may cause you harm. If you keep at it, it may make you paranoid. Seriously talk to someone about it.

2014/09/16 19:37:19