Have you ever been attacked by a dog or know somebody who has?

The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche 2013/09/15 23:01:18
Related Topics: Dog

• SlaveWaterNymph 2013/09/15 23:08:57
    SlaveWaterNymph
    +5
    My sister was attacked by a dog, and she was afraid of dogs/animals for a long time.

Me, ive never been attacked, but did have a dog in the neighborhood who liked to chase me, my sister and our friends up to our yards, coming close to biting us. Hated that damn dog.

• **StarzAbove** 2013/10/03 17:28:29
    **StarzAbove**
    Yes, that's why I hate pitbulls.....not me but a neighbor boy was savagely attacked.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2013/10/03 13:56:21
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    I've been bit several times. Thankfully, the dogs were vaccinated. I had a boxer latch onto my forearm, but it let go after I stomped its back feet. The neighbor wanted Mom to pay the dog's vet bill. He got a dog at large citation instead.

My nephew's injuries to his face required over 70 stitches to repair. My sister-in-law had just brought their St. Bernard back from the vet. When they returned to the farm she let him out of the car and the dog ran straight over to Mike and started mauling him in the driveway. Maryann was close to wood pile, grabbed an ax and laid the big dog out. I never knew she had it in her.
  • Herbtheman 2013/10/03 11:30:38
    Herbtheman
    Yes years ago but I had my concealed hand gun and was able to shoot it before I was torn up to badly.
  • vampire_lord 2013/09/18 18:47:21
    vampire_lord
    +1
    Bitten by a dog at the age of 6
  • www.sodahead.com/smithy 2013/09/16 19:34:13 (edited)
    www.sodahead.com/smithy
    +1
    i got bit by a dog years ago
  • L1 2013/09/16 18:53:11
    L1
    +1
    My mailman, myself, friends, and neighbors.....
  • Tordgaard 2013/09/16 18:21:09
    Tordgaard
  • Hannah 2013/09/16 14:09:32
    Hannah
    +1
    But one time a dog chased my sister but it was just playing.
  • purpleme55 2013/09/16 14:00:47
    purpleme55
    +1
    When I was about 25 I lived in the Mojave desert. Everyone had to have at least 5 acres so it was far and few between homes. I had 4 dogs myself that would just roam my property. I worked night shift so I would get up about noon, go outside to feed the animals when, one day I saw a very large German shepherd standing by the other dogs. Not thinking anything about it since there were always strays coming around I walk over to feed the dogs. The dog was wagging his tail looking as friendly as could be when all of a sudden he stood up on his hind legs and started ripping me to shreds. He lunged at my face and was biting all around my mouth inside and out. He then lunched for my neck but some how with quick thinking I reared my head , neck sideways. He grabbed my left boob and tore it almost off. This dog really did a number on me. My mind was a blur but in an instant I started running and I had a ways to run to get to my front door. By now I wasn't even thinking I, got in the house the dog trying to push in the door. I locked the doors ran to my bedroom grabbed my gun and ran out my patio doors. The only thing I was thinking kill the dog. I was looking for it but then I couldn't see I kept wiping my eyes but I saw the dog running towards me.Just at that very minute I looked down ...
    When I was about 25 I lived in the Mojave desert. Everyone had to have at least 5 acres so it was far and few between homes. I had 4 dogs myself that would just roam my property. I worked night shift so I would get up about noon, go outside to feed the animals when, one day I saw a very large German shepherd standing by the other dogs. Not thinking anything about it since there were always strays coming around I walk over to feed the dogs. The dog was wagging his tail looking as friendly as could be when all of a sudden he stood up on his hind legs and started ripping me to shreds. He lunged at my face and was biting all around my mouth inside and out. He then lunched for my neck but some how with quick thinking I reared my head , neck sideways. He grabbed my left boob and tore it almost off. This dog really did a number on me. My mind was a blur but in an instant I started running and I had a ways to run to get to my front door. By now I wasn't even thinking I, got in the house the dog trying to push in the door. I locked the doors ran to my bedroom grabbed my gun and ran out my patio doors. The only thing I was thinking kill the dog. I was looking for it but then I couldn't see I kept wiping my eyes but I saw the dog running towards me.Just at that very minute I looked down saw all the blood panicked at ran back in my house. When I looked in the mirror I saw blood everywhere. I know this is long but to cut to the chase, I later found out the dog was from around the area known to be trained attack dog. He weighed 225 lb.I had nightmares for 6 months, took forever to heal up, but all in all I still love dogs!
  • Rebeca Marie 2013/09/16 11:43:21
    Rebeca Marie
    +1
    Me no. My little brother, thousand times when he was a kid, one time I'll give it to the dog, my brother was riding a pitbull like a horse, so yeah, it was his own fault.
  • The New Old School 2013/09/16 08:06:36
    The New Old School
    +1
    Bit on the face when I was 7. I've healed up nicely but I looked terrible after that incident.
  • Jeditard 2013/09/16 07:39:32
    Jeditard
    +1
    I have know people who may have been nipped at by little dogs but no one who has been full-out attacked.
  • FIFILUVZU 2013/09/16 07:29:27
    FIFILUVZU
    +1
    yes i got bitten on the cheek when i was little
  • abubincrazy 2013/09/16 05:31:36
    abubincrazy
    +1
    Not me-dogs recognize a dog. Some schmuck sicced his dobie on my brother.
  • timothy.hill.14 2013/09/16 04:53:36
    timothy.hill.14
    +1
    I drove for FedEx for 7 years. I was attacked countless times.
    +1
    My wife was when she was delivering Avon to her customer. The customer's dog bit her on the Achilles Tendon Nearly crippled her.
  • Danielle 2013/09/16 04:22:09
  • Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL 2013/09/16 04:09:56
    Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL
    +1
    Ya mean like this?

• bman~AVA~BTTB 2013/09/16 04:07:54
    bman~AVA~BTTB
    +2
    When I was a lot younger I'd been bitten a few times. I've still got a small scar on my lip from where my best friend's dog bit me in the face. I've not been bitten in a long time though.
  • Peewee ~PWCM~ 2013/09/16 04:03:10
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +2
    Yes, a number of times.
  • cyclone 2013/09/16 02:53:46
    cyclone
    +2
    Yes , I do get a little leary around some dogs.
  • Chere 2013/09/16 02:40:26
    Chere
    +3
    My friend when she was ittle had parents who liked the dog more than my friend. The dog bit her head and they blamed her for the attack. A little girl use to tease the two neighbor dogs. They picked her up by her head. It was sad that they put the dogs down due to a rotten child.
  • JohnT 2013/09/16 02:06:06 (edited)
    JohnT
    +2
    My sister got attacked by a German Sheppard in our front yard. He got loose from someone who owned him up the street. She had to be hospitalized and had bites on the arms, legs, and through her face into the cheek. I am not a fan of dogs to this day, don't like them at all. ( I don't debate and don't care if you think they are fabulous)
  • Pele Emerging 2013/09/16 01:54:34
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    I've been bitten by a dog before, but that's a little different than an attack. We had an ornery dog who hated kids, including me. Every once in a while, he'd bite me, when he was feeling particularly alpha. I'd have to remind him that he wasn't in charge, and so would my mom, whom he looked to as pack leader. Fortunately, he wasn't a bit dog, so it was never serious.
  • ttfndude 2013/09/16 01:42:17
    ttfndude
    +2
    I was it just bit off more than it could chew.....after I dealt it a couple good punches it became one of my closest friends till she died a few years ago
  • megan 2013/09/16 01:42:01
    megan
    +3
    Worked in a lot of kennels and rescues. Bitten by
    aggressive husky

vicious dachshund

vicious chihuahua
    ....but working for pit bull rescue since 2011, and rescuing pits from all situations including dog fighting I have never been bitten by one of the rescue dogs.
  • LMA 2013/09/16 01:20:35
    LMA
    +2
    My little dog was attacked by a big dog so i beat up the big dog, My little dog died though, very sad.
  • Truth Matters 2013/09/16 01:10:44 (edited)
    Truth Matters
    +3
    When I was 13, I tried to run through a yard with a guard dog just for the hell of it. I got bit on the arm and then kicked the dog in the head after he let go. He tore up my jacket and put some teeth holes in my arm. I still have the scars today. I learned that dogs are way faster than me.
  • Rebeca ... Truth M... 2013/09/16 11:38:35
    Rebeca Marie
    hahaha
  • Beagle Mom 2013/09/16 01:04:35
    Beagle Mom
    +2
    I was chased by a pit bull, but got away....never pedaled so darn fast in my life. I have a friend who was attacked by a pit bull, which required many stitches to his arm.
  • foy49 2013/09/16 00:06:39
    foy49
    +2
    But not bitten . Two German Shepherds had gotten loose from a guard dog company .
  • Sonny 2013/09/16 00:05:43
    Sonny
    +3
    Yes and I was bitten and I still have the scar on my leg today
    +1
    and a friend was she was doing yard duty
  • munda 2013/09/15 23:39:30
    munda
    +2
    A friend of mine was attacked by one of my dogs years ago. My dog didn't take kindly to him putting me in a headlock.
  • Hamm0ckjames 2013/09/15 23:25:20
    Hamm0ckjames
    +3
    Yup, when I was four,,,,
  • *~The Doctor's Rose♥~* 2013/09/15 23:23:32
    *~The Doctor's Rose♥~*
    +3
    No.. but there used to be a vicious dog in one of my old neighborhoods. It chased me home. I was little, so it scared me a bit. But it never gave me a fear of animals.
  • Amber 2013/09/15 23:22:40
    Amber
  • fallnhope 2013/09/15 23:22:20
    fallnhope
    +3
    I know someone who has... she ended up needing surgery to correct the damage :(
  • Shawn 2013/09/15 23:09:33
    Shawn
    +4
    I was chased by my friends dog, but I jumped on top of her car and called her to come outside.
  • SlaveWaterNymph 2013/09/15 23:08:57
    SlaveWaterNymph
    +5

2014/12/19 07:16:43