Have you ever been a victim of violence?

Christian 2012/09/11 11:09:17
Related Topics: Violence, Image, Images, Victim
Have you ever been a victim of violence

• BHGOzzy 2012/09/11 11:11:06
    BHGOzzy
    +4
    I think that depends on the definition you mean. If you mean "Attempt of willful harm by another party" then yes, I was the subject of an IED attack while I was in Iraq working as a convoy security gun truck driver for the US Army.

• donna.robinson.102 2012/09/27 16:47:12
    donna.robinson.102
    +1
    I'm going to answer this question as if it was meant to be used broadly, any type of violance. When i was younger in age, my older brother and my brother a year younger than myself attended catholic school, this was during the time when the war between the races were at an all time high., my father insisted we go my mother not so much, many days when we would attend, we would be held until after the bell by the hall monitors, which would lead to after school detentions, we couldn't report it because it would be worst. When detention was over they were waiting for us outside and would then chase us through thier neighborhood where the people would yell and call out racial slurs to us, it happened quite frequently, 1 year we lost our grandmother to a deadly car accident, it would be a week later we lost our father, (don't mourn him he was abusive.) we were out, we came back with notes., we were called to the office our younger brother was there, he being the darkest, on the desk was hot pepper flakes, cherry peppers, jalepenos', and hot sauce, he was in tears, they had been forcing him to eat these things while calling him a liar about the funerals, i'd had it so did my older brother we started freaking questioning why would they not believe the note from our mother and demandin...
    I'm going to answer this question as if it was meant to be used broadly, any type of violance. When i was younger in age, my older brother and my brother a year younger than myself attended catholic school, this was during the time when the war between the races were at an all time high., my father insisted we go my mother not so much, many days when we would attend, we would be held until after the bell by the hall monitors, which would lead to after school detentions, we couldn't report it because it would be worst. When detention was over they were waiting for us outside and would then chase us through thier neighborhood where the people would yell and call out racial slurs to us, it happened quite frequently, 1 year we lost our grandmother to a deadly car accident, it would be a week later we lost our father, (don't mourn him he was abusive.) we were out, we came back with notes., we were called to the office our younger brother was there, he being the darkest, on the desk was hot pepper flakes, cherry peppers, jalepenos', and hot sauce, he was in tears, they had been forcing him to eat these things while calling him a liar about the funerals, i'd had it so did my older brother we started freaking questioning why would they not believe the note from our mother and demanding to call and see her, when it was refused my older brother kicked the hell out of her and took off for home regardless of what i felt was a threat of him being out there alone., when my mother arrived all bedlam broke out as we were her children and we couldn't hold back telling her all that was going on from that day, i hold a trophy over her and my older brothers head, and when my older brother broke free that day the mother superior was trying to soft talk my younger brother and i but i told her leave us alone we had had enough, this is a catholic school your all going to hell!
  • Christian donna.r... 2012/09/28 03:02:55
    Christian
    Wow, I am so sorry, these schools can be sometimes pretty ridiculous. What business is it of theirs anyway, why didn't they just take you on your word. Take care and God bless.

TY for your comment.
  • Kezzi Morris 2012/09/18 18:45:00
    Kezzi Morris
    +1
    Not really
  • Miss Kris the Centrist 2012/09/13 03:58:29
    Miss Kris the Centrist
    +1
    Nope. Thank heaven for that, I'm already a wreck from the verbal abuse I received. lol
  • Me 2012/09/12 06:10:28
  • umapathy Krishnamurthy 2012/09/11 23:49:33
    umapathy Krishnamurthy
    +1
    So far no
  • Jesse 2012/09/11 22:42:04
    Jesse
    +1
    Yes, many times.
  • Christian Jesse 2012/09/13 03:15:29
    Christian
    +1
    Are you ok now?
  • Jesse Christian 2012/09/13 17:23:57
  • Christian Jesse 2012/09/14 03:54:01
  • David 2012/09/11 18:20:15
    David
    +1
    Yes, but not domestic!
  • BigEyedFish 2012/09/11 17:47:39
  • Thomas Bryant 2012/09/11 16:08:55
    Thomas Bryant
    +1
    No thank God
  • Kim(: 2012/09/11 15:16:01
    Kim(:
    +1
    Yes my cousin bryan would always hit me and leave bruises
  • Christian Kim(: 2012/09/11 21:13:17
    Christian
    That's horrible, I hope you hit him back.
  • Kim(: Christian 2012/09/11 21:48:30
    Kim(:
    +1
    Too afraid
  • Christian Kim(: 2012/09/11 21:51:34
    Christian
    Well at least try to block him or tell someone.
  • Kim(: Christian 2012/09/11 21:55:30
    Kim(:
    +1
    People think im lying and i cant block him
  • Christian Kim(: 2012/09/11 22:03:12
    Christian
    Wow that sucks.
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/09/11 15:09:52
    Vijay Pawar
    +1
    These things keep on happening in everyone's life...!
  • darwolf 2012/09/11 15:09:42 (edited)
    darwolf
    +1
    Yes. When i was a child. But never again.
  • KarenInKenoshaWisconsin 2012/09/11 14:57:08
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    +1
    Yes. I vowed never to be a victim again. I didn't date for four years while exploring key words and paradigms. Key to that was the realization that everything's political. It worked for me.

http://sari0009.xanga.com/559...
    http://sari0009.xanga.com/603...
  • Christian KarenIn... 2012/09/11 21:48:18
    Christian
    That's a very good sculpture, I like it a lot, you are very talented.

Very interesting page that touches on very interesting points.

What is your stand on illegal immigration? I don't see that being mentioned.

I guess poorly received social programs is in reference to The Affordable Healthcare Act.
    At this point I say let it be, because its going to be anyway.
    I think if it is going to be everyone should support it so it is given a fair trial.
    If it is more costly and the quality of health spirals downward it should be scrapped, if not let it just be. Franklin Roosevelt was as you know the governor of New York and many social programs he invented started in NY. He was a great president that was not afraid to try things, if they worked he would use it, if it did not work, he would stop the program or social safety net endeavor.

I really like your page, it is very well written and I respect your view, however do not completely share in it.

I am a Reagan Democrat/Independent with Liberal tendencies, that believes in a balanced budget. Illegal aliens are costing our country 100 billion a year now. I believe in the social safety net, but I think it should just be for citizens of this country. Liberals ague that we cannot be the police of the world, this is true, but at the same time, we ca...

I am a Reagan Democrat/Independent with Liberal tendencies, that believes in a balanced budget. Illegal aliens are costing our country 100 billion a year now. I believe in the social safety net, but I think it should just be for citizens of this country. Liberals ague that we cannot be the police of the world, this is true, but at the same time, we cannot be the worlds wallet either, this is not fair to the tax payers.

We cannot and should not be expected to provide Healthcare for everyone that comes here illegally. We should however provide affordable Healthcare, affordable housing and a good education for our citizens.

We need to focus on the unemployed and start an employment movement to get people back to work.

Americans need to go as far as to boycott companies that make most of their money here yet hire abroad.

Companies that hire abroad need to be picketed and exploited.

Apple has about 35 thousand employees in the U.S. and about 300 thousand in China.
    Its ok to hire abroad, but not ten times the amount of people you hire in the U.S.
    Apple is exploiting cheap labor and for sure exploiting the people of China.

Taxes need to be lowered across the board to get people back to work.
    Who ever is president needs to focus on the unemployed and get them the help they need to get back on their feet and back into the working world.

Thank you for your comment and link to your page.
  • cj 2012/09/11 14:41:01
    cj
    yes.

I also joined a martial arts dojo as a young man in my determination to never be a victim again. Being a victim is a state of mind, not an outcome. that will never be my state of mind again. In that dojo I discovered myself, many friends, and remained there for over 12 years. I became a sensei (teacher) and remained a student.... and mastered weapons, as well as hand to hand combat. I have taught police, armed forces, and my children so that none of us need to be victims of anyone again.... the use of force is something to be used only when necessary, and in a controlled manner..... it is to ensure that we always are able to maintain our freedom of choice.....
  • joshua.... cj 2012/09/11 15:21:22
    joshua.sager.9
    +1
    What style?
  • cj joshua.... 2012/09/12 12:48:11
    cj
    jui jitsu, as well as kemp karate and a little kung fu.... but mostly jui jitsu.... as were all my staff in my bouncing company... it is an art that is almost unequaled... although now with MMA I dunno about that lol....
  • joshua.... cj 2012/09/12 14:44:38
    joshua.sager.9
    Cool; I have been doing Brazilian Jui-Jitsu for three years and before that I took American Kenpo and Aikido.
  • cj joshua.... 2012/09/12 17:59:42
    cj
    right on. I followed the Gracies in the UFC for the first couple of years... good stuff and hard to beat them... Two of my buddies and I dabbled a bit with Aikido, and loved the tighter circles of movement.... at the end of it all may passion was always weapons. I loved a wide array of weapon study, and then working with local law enforcement to train them in hand to hand.... It was an amazing journey. I have never been a victim since, and now I teach my two daughters as I can, in our yard.... we live in a remote community in northern ontario, isolated from the affects of big city, but they love the history and stories that go along with the training.... and being able to stand up to bullies in their schools confidently.... however with that said, they are bear smart and not street smart, but we learn what we need to survive. Peace brother.
  • D D 2012/09/11 14:23:08
    D D
    +1
    Not physical.
  • ♥Mrs.Styles♥ 2012/09/11 14:02:28
    ♥Mrs.Styles♥
    +1
    no i havent n dont ever want to be:[
  • Rachael LeighAnne 2012/09/11 13:42:30
    Rachael LeighAnne
    +1
    We all have, at some point or another.
    What matters though, is how you handle it.
  • Christmas; In Chrome 2012/09/11 13:14:41
    Christmas; In Chrome
    +1
    Who hasn't? Violence is a part of life. Not even the most sheltered of us escape it.
  • BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROC... 2012/09/11 13:14:35
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
    +1
    Too many Internet bullies to answer a personal question
  • LucyLucero 2012/09/11 13:08:26 (edited)
    LucyLucero
    +3
    No, and I sure as hell will NEVER allow myself to be one.
  • AmericanVirus 2012/09/11 12:59:21
    AmericanVirus
    +2
    No, but that doesn't mean no one has tried
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/09/11 12:58:49
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Hey, I'm married...of course!
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/09/11 12:42:51
  • plainasitcomes 2012/09/11 12:37:28
    plainasitcomes
    +1
    somewhat.
  • Morgan 2012/09/11 12:32:07
    Morgan
    +2
    No and I pray I never am

2014/09/18 19:46:02