Have You Become Close To Someone Who Was a Bad Influence And Refused To Let Go?

Katherine the Renaissance Woman 2010/04/12 22:47:23
Sort of (explain?)
Oftentimes our friendships grow with people who may not be doing the right things in life. They sometimes can influence us into poor behaviors. Has this happened to you?

• Eddie 2010/04/12 22:48:21
    Eddie
    +9
    I've always been the bad influence...at least that's how my life story reads.

• jecka 2010/04/16 11:25:41
    jecka
    +1
    yes yes..every1 has that 1 friend or luvr the know they don't need in there life one you like them cause they bring out in ur something different. But also you feel if the hang with some of ur good insticts might rub off on them...
  • FoxFairy 2010/04/14 19:11:21
    FoxFairy
    +1
    I dated one for three years, he was like a flipping tornato reaping damage on the lives of everyone he came in contact with...friends, younger family members, and even neighbors. Can't say I was exactly weak for lasting three years with the guy considering he was a psychopath who had continued to mess up some people's lives for over ten years. He was just one of those people who no matter how emotionally abusive he got, no one could say no to him. But now that I have been close to someone like that I see that type of person coming, a mile away...there is no way someone like that will ever get close to me again.
  • Katheri... FoxFairy 2010/04/14 22:31:22
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    Wow, I'm sorry about that. I'm glad that you've realized that he was not a good choice for you.
  • dragon warrior 2010/04/13 21:38:59
    Sort of (explain?)
    dragon warrior
    +1
    I have friends who don't make the best choices in life, but that doesn't mean I'm going to do what they do. I don't really think there's such a thing as 'bad influence.' It's all about choice.
  • Sammy 2010/04/13 19:29:16
    Sammy
    +1
    Before they thought that i am a bad person when they found me that i communicate with them not like everyone
    But now thx to god they really all like me and they always stay with me the most of time
    Very happy really
  • EmoKidBecauseYouThinkIAm 2010/04/13 18:11:39
    Sort of (explain?)
    EmoKidBecauseYouThinkIAm
    +1
    They were a bad influence and all, but i sort of... Tempered them, made what they did less extreme. But unfortunately, i did join it.

Sad to say, but this person is now in hospital for trying to kill herself.
  • METALheadMom 2010/04/13 17:30:19
    Sort of (explain?)
    METALheadMom
    +1
    I have always been able to walk away from people who make bad decisions more than good ones. I DO tell them WHY in hopes they might try and change, but people don't like change. NEVER have I let anyone influence me to do things against my better judgment. I value my reputation too much to be stupid.
  • millie_rebel_armstrong 2010/04/13 16:24:03
    millie_rebel_armstrong
    +1
    i wasn't just hangin out with "those people" i was in love with one... but even though they are doing drugs or whatever they might be really good persons... at least it was like that in my case =]
  • Netoide 2010/04/13 16:15:11
    Netoide
    +1
    Yes, but I'll never regret it. You can only understand drug addicts and criminals if you get close to them. Watching life from their perspective helped me understand how absurd our society is and how relative good and evil can become. These people can be really wicked and can't be trusted. Yet, life has been so unfair with them and society does so little to help them it's not easy to judge them.
  • justanotherbandwhore 2010/04/13 16:05:25
    justanotherbandwhore
    +1
    yes i have but i still love them if they ar drug heads... u shldnt judge ppl by wat they do u judge them by wat they ar... and if ur there real friends ull take them no matter how they ar...
  • Clo 2010/04/13 15:56:32
    Clo
    +1
    I've been hanging around people who smoke, drink, and do drugs for almost 4 years now but i've never done any of those thing
  • Shady 2010/04/13 15:55:06 (edited)
    Shady
    +1
    They not the boss of me.....
  • Kathy 2010/04/13 15:54:37
    Sort of (explain?)
    Kathy
    +1
    yes i have but when he saw how bad it was hurting me he changed
  • Jim 2010/04/13 15:45:20
    Jim
    +1
    No, I distance myself from such people early on just as the Bible tells us all wise people will do. It comes down to that dirty word so many are afraid of these days...JUDGING and DISCERNING.

Making right judgments could save a lot of people a lot of heartache, instead they refuse to judge the attitude, actions, beliefs, and practices of others and that leaves them a sitting duck for their influence.
  • sgt black 2010/04/13 15:37:25
    sgt black
    +1
    yea my friend has been smoking weed for a long time and now shes pregnant and she still takes one hit everyday but i guess i should be happy that at least she quit drinking and smoking cigarettes but she needs to stop smoking weed 2 or shes not gunna have a healthy baby
  • Jeni 2010/04/13 15:04:18
    Jeni
    +2
    Yah, it's happened to me and ya know what? I met once of the most amazing people that could ever walk this earth. She taught me all about the harshness of life and how to rise above it. No matter what the circumstance may be. She was my best friend who dragged me into many messes and yes, I did get shot, stabbed, raped, but, in the end I honestly wouldn't change any of it. I'm a better woman now, because of her.. And to this day, as she rests in heaven, the memories and the lessons she taught me, live on in my heart.
  • Jen 2010/04/13 14:52:00
    Jen
    +2
    I have been close with people who were a negative influence in my life. But, there came a time when I got the strength to let them go.
  • Leah 2010/04/13 14:44:19
    Leah
    +2
    But I choose my friends more carefully now.
  • Drink.Drank.Drunk 2010/04/13 13:46:34
    Sort of (explain?)
    Drink.Drank.Drunk
    +1
    I've always been the bad influence on my friends, and once we all started to do what we do we met more people who got me into trouble too. Runaways, MIP's, and more things i'd rather not talk about happend. so i guess it works both ways. i don't think its the people you hang out with, i think its your mind power to say no.
  • ~Jeffi <3 floats~ 2010/04/13 13:16:45
    ~Jeffi <3 floats~
    +1
    yeah my cousin on my dad side shes more of a best friend than family but yeh its hard to let go of her
  • Vindicated 2010/04/13 13:12:52
    Sort of (explain?)
    Vindicated
    +1
    Kinda. We have been friends since about Elementary school and my mom has NEVER liked her. Sure she has some bad habits, and isn't the best person to hang around due to the decisions she makes sometimes, but I still love her to death and she's still gonna be my friend.
  • GINGERBREAD 2010/04/13 11:49:06
    GINGERBREAD
    +1
    I know a lot of people, and some of them are good influences, but, I'm sorry to say, that there are some that are bad influences. These "bad influences" have to be avoided. I have.
  • ~Roxy~Navy~Brat~ 2010/04/13 11:32:02
    ~Roxy~Navy~Brat~
    +1
    i hang out with a lot of different people
  • Papillon 2010/04/13 11:24:14
  • aphrothena~Nyx's beloved da... 2010/04/13 10:48:21
    aphrothena~Nyx's beloved daughter~
    +2
    i was always smart enough to maintain a safe didstance from such people
  • jay 2010/04/13 10:29:52
    jay
    +1
    I used to hang with a bunch of dope-smokers until I forgot to take my feet off the pegs at a red light.
  • Jim 2010/04/13 09:40:32
    Jim
    +1
    yes Larry and steve they just wont stop starting trouble
  • Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~ 2010/04/13 09:39:58
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    +1
    I hang with the stereotypical wrong crowd.
    They all smoke and graffitti and swear at teachers and crap like that.
    But after all the friends I've had, they're the ones who've stuck up for me, been there when I needed them.
    They're not so bad.
  • bob 2010/04/13 09:14:17
    bob
    +1
    Not really.. i think i was the bad influance in my group.. but that depands on what some people think is "bad behaviour" or not :P
  • Chaya2010 2010/04/13 07:59:52
    Sort of (explain?)
    Chaya2010
    +2
    I think it's always good to know some undesirables.
  • xXxAvengedAngelxXx 2010/04/13 07:55:04
    xXxAvengedAngelxXx
    +1
    all the time!
  • Angelus 2010/04/13 06:52:58
    Angelus
    +1
    ya it has happened to me

and I still talk to her
  • urgayrumematesfriend 2010/04/13 06:37:59
    Sort of (explain?)
    urgayrumematesfriend
    +1
    ya kinda like wen i was in middle skool and high skool
  • maddyy27 2010/04/13 06:36:43
    Sort of (explain?)
    maddyy27
    +1
    I think I'm the bad influence. I feel guilty all the time though. Because when I don't want to go to class I try and convince my friends to skip class with me. Usually they are unsure at the start, but I end up persuading them. I wonder if they'll ever just say no, they really should. :/
  • Jesse 2010/04/13 05:23:23
    Jesse
    +2
    Yep sadly enough, great life leson came along after our friendship ended though
  • meow!!!!!!1 2010/04/13 05:07:00
    meow!!!!!!1
    +2
    yeah, with this one chick who me and her were very close and she was once my best friend. but then i grew up and realized who were my real friends and i just let them go the ones that weren't ;D
  • ♫ Radioactive♫Riley ♫ 2010/04/13 04:41:27
    ♫ Radioactive♫Riley ♫
    +1
    no not really
  • The Solitary Writer 2010/04/13 04:19:19 (edited)
    The Solitary Writer
    +1
    I used to have a friend that used to bring out my hyper weird side. Her name was Mikaela and she was my friend for 7 years (she ended it three years ago, it hurt like hell). She brought out a hyper side of me that neither my family nor I liked.

I also had another friend, Kayla (I know, Mikaela; Kayla the same name. I've learned to stay away from them in my life) who influenced me to be a serious troublemaker.

I'm ashamed of what I did in her company. I ended our friendship three months after the worst incident, my mom told me to. (it was 3rd grade) and now, to this day, she's one of my biggest enemies. I am glad I took my mom's advice and left, I would not be the girl I am today; I would be either a petty thief or a prostitute.
  • katieheart 2010/04/13 04:12:17
    Sort of (explain?)
    katieheart
    +2
    i have this friend and weve been friends since we were 3 and 4 we played togethor through our childhood but as we got older he started acting out and he still does he hasnt influenced me to do anything bad but i cant bring mydelf to break our freindship
  • The Sol... katieheart 2010/04/13 04:20:53
    The Solitary Writer
    +2
    i say do it. It will hurt a lot, but you will feel a lot better putting that kind of person behind.

2014/10/31 05:45:38