Have any of your prayers ever been answered?

Toby 2011/10/19 20:05:14

SLIDESHOW: Cute cat pictures relating to subject

Athiest Cat finds your prayer cute but ultimately futile
1 of 7

But guess who got a new scratching post 5 minutes later?
  1. Athiest Cat finds your prayer cute but ultimately futile

2. Ceiling Cat

Ceiling Cat

Is OBVIOUSLY actually there , but don't worry.. hes not going to send you to the pound like the liars would have you beleive

3. Athiest cat seez ceiling cat

Athiest cat seez ceiling cat

and is humbled

4. Ceiling cat watching athiest cat

Ceiling cat watching athiest cat

LOL

5. Ceiling cat luvs meh dis I know

Ceiling cat luvs meh dis I know

cuz teh internets tells meh so!

6. Christian cat

Christian cat

lol

7. Jesus

Jesus

Is THE MAN!

I have had prayers answered :D
My prayers have all seemed to fall upon deaf ears D:
Have any of your prayers ever been answered? I mean specific prayers that were answered in a timely fashion

I have , pretty recently my mother & I prayed to somehow get a bunch of money cause our financial situation had got so crappy that we were eating ramen noodles and such... and then immediatley following that prayer , me my mom & my dad got in the car to go to the pawn shop to pawn stuff for money... pawn shop was actually closed for some reason .... and on the way back we got in a wreck that was almost virtually harmless...but we each got insurance settlement checks in our names for pretty big sums of money ($2,500 , $1,500 , & $1,500)

Coincedence? I think not.

Prayer has saved me from Ramen noodles and gave me a big screen HDTV , PS3 , and drums........ (PROPS TO JESUS!/PRAISE BE TO GOD) how bout you?

(I am a christian , but am strongly against the psychosis known as organized religion. I don't go to church and I don't stress out over sins/hell)

Got the idea for this question when I saw this cute athiest cat picture

• rockyjr5 2012/06/22 01:14:13
    I have had prayers answered :D
    rockyjr5
    I had a lot of prayers that were answered.
  • nums 2011/10/20 22:34:45
    I have had prayers answered :D
    nums
    +1
    thank you God!
  • Dheadly Lhust 2011/10/20 21:34:59 (edited)
    I have had prayers answered :D
    Dheadly Lhust
    LOL. I'm not sure what to answer. I was Catholic until almost 2 years ago when I became an atheist. I was a Catholic for that long probably 'cuz my mother is a huge follower and I didn't want to let her down and because of being stubborn actually LOL. I preferred to fool myself into believing someone was watching upon me and making things happen. Bah. So ultimately, yeah, AT THAT TIME I believed they were really being answered. Sometimes.
    They were probably just coincidences. *PLEASE, PLEASE Christian folks don't start lecturing me on religion now. I let you be, so, let me be.*

BTW, pics are HILARIOUS!
  • Toby Dheadly... 2011/10/20 21:37:23
    Toby
    You know you could be or probably really are agnostic , thats where you do beleive God exists but other than that are really unsure and/or don't care

I find it hard to beleive any lifetime catholic could actually be a real athiest
  • Dheadly... Toby 2011/10/20 21:48:39
    Dheadly Lhust
    Not really. I did what I was told, I didn't question authority and I didn't allow myself to doubt or be curious because I didn't want to feel rejected, different or well, a sinner. I denied my instincts for too long. I don't believe there is a "God". I believe in goodness, morals and peace. People just don't like the idea that they are alone in the world and adopt preconceived dogmas. People NEED an answer for everything. Religions were created to control people. "Don't do that, God doesn't allow that", "Don't ask me why, God is the only one with the answers". "You don't listen to our God, you're committing heresy." Please. That is called tyranny in my book.
  • Reality-Check 2011/10/20 10:42:57
    Reality-Check
    This post should be in the Fun & Humour section... it's a joke right? people really believe in this crap?
  • Toby Reality... 2011/10/20 15:18:32
    Toby
    More than not , majority of USA at least is christian of some variety
  • Reality... Toby 2011/10/20 18:28:43
    Reality-Check
    Why? this is the 21st century...
  • Chibi 2011/10/20 07:31:49
    I have had prayers answered :D
    Chibi
    +1
    I've had the roughest time of my life these past 2-3 years...and I have been doing a lot of praying! Praying has definitely helped me get to where I am today, from being couch bound to being able to get out and get a job!
  • Texas Gal 2011/10/20 04:38:29
    I have had prayers answered :D
    Texas Gal
    +1
    I have had prayers answered. I have had family members healed of illness. I have seen family and friends in dire emotional distress and prayed for them and God has given them peace. Many times in my life when I have been in a situation where I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, prayer for God's guidance has gotten me through.
  • 8mariedawn6 2011/10/20 03:06:03
    I have had prayers answered :D
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    Yes I have had my prayers answered many times and some times it might take a while but I have always got my prayer answered one way or the other.Some times it is not the way i would want it to be but the Lord always shows me why it is not the way I ask for it.I put my life in the Lords hands and I know he is wiser than I .The Lord always answers but some times people are not listening or watching for the answers you see?
  • Yess 2011/10/19 22:50:10
    I have had prayers answered :D
    Yess
    +1
    I know there's a God!
  • srini 2011/10/19 22:29:54
    I have had prayers answered :D
    srini
    +1
    Recently (July end), I was suddenly in job-market again--and prayed that I would find a job which would start on 08/15 or afterwards (result, current job which started 08/15--I knew by 08/10).

And also, I faced today a non-prepayable (meaning, no option but going to court) traffic violations charge (not changing over licence to that of VA within 60 days). I changed the licence over on 10/11--and was asked by the judge about whether I had done so (to which I answered truthfully "yes")--and was then free to go (net fine for this charge: $2--the parking charge at the courthouse).

On organised religion, an aside taken from an erstwhile Atlanta (now Birmingham, AL) pastor to a man who said he didn't like organised religion: "you'll LOVE our church then--I doubt there are any more DISorganised than it".
  • seathanaich 2011/10/19 21:33:46
    seathanaich
    +1
    Prayer is a futile effort, because there is no magic being at the other end granting wishes.

If prayer worked, we'd all be praying constantly and getting whatever we wished for. The implications of that are horrible, when you stop and think about it: people wishing you ill will, harm, etc would have it granted to them. The world would be one big cartoon, and would not exist as we know it, if prayer wishes were magically answered.

"Coincedence? I think not"

Why do you think not? You make your god and Santa Claus sound like one and the same.
  • rand 2011/10/19 20:55:08
    I have had prayers answered :D
    rand
    I never ask for anything in prayer. They are strictly for giving thanks for my miracle of life.
    “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein
  • Matilda Walton 2011/10/19 20:24:31
    I have had prayers answered :D
    Matilda Walton
    +1
    YES! "SPECIFIC PRAYERS IN A TIMELY MANNER"..............AND I WAS SO.........

THANKFUL TO GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS, THAT MY CONCERN WAS HEARD AND..........

TAKENED CARE OF.

GLORY TO GOD!!
  • doc 2011/10/19 20:22:43
    doc
    Oddly enough it is like I am praying to an imaginary object!
  • **StarzAbove** 2011/10/19 20:14:28
    I have had prayers answered :D
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    Yes many times.
  • Junior the Outer Space Musi... 2011/10/19 20:12:18
    I have had prayers answered :D
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +2
    I prayed for a job recently and I got it. I've prayed to go through the toughest part in my life and I survived. So yes, He does answer, but we all have to have 100% belief that it will or it won't work.

2014/08/02 08:43:59