Has SodaHead improved your opinion of people in general or has it made your opinion of people decline?

carl 2012/06/11 14:08:38
My opinion of people has improved thanks to SodaHead.
My opinion of people has declined thanks to SodaHead.
Sodahead has confirmed my worst fears.
My opinion of people has not changed.
smart phones stupid people

• Luke 2012/06/11 15:16:16
    Sodahead has confirmed my worst fears.
    Luke
    +7
    As a species we are in trouble.... but some here stand out so there is hope for rope....

• Mtnsmith mich52 2012/06/13 10:25:04
    Mtnsmith
    And on top of that, they're all dooky heads and poopie faces! And their mammas are ugly! And their puppy dogs are stooopid too!

Good heavens. Do you really want to fall to this level of 4th grade name calling?

I've seen some thoughtful discussions by both liberals and conservatives, in which they provide back-up for their opinions... and then there are the "inflammatory" statements, wiith no reasoning behind them, which add absolutely nothing to the forum. Sad.
  • Maleficent 2012/06/11 16:17:27
    Maleficent
    +1
    some people just don't like my opinions and want to make a big deal out of them and say im the stupid one.
  • Mtnsmith 2012/06/11 16:10:15
    Mtnsmith
    +1
    I have apologized to some for taking too strong a stance, and had some apologize to me, which is always a good thing for both parties... the worst trend I have seen is the people who take strong political stands based on nothing but name calling and tired cliches, which is a bad thing for both parties... in general, SH contributors seem to mirror the current culture pretty closely.
  • L1 2012/06/11 16:09:11
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    L1
    +2
    Internet is the internet. It's the same everywhere....
  • Raven♥ 2012/06/11 16:02:35
    Raven♥
    +2
    My opinion of some people has improved and my opinion of others has declined.
  • Mia 2012/06/11 16:00:21
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    Mia
    +2
    I'm not going to let some website change how much I like my fellow human beings.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/06/11 15:59:34 (edited)
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +4
    I have have found that there are more progressives than I thought. There are not that many far right people like myself. Since the 60 the Democrats have moved so far to the left and even the Republicans have moved left of center. When someone like Romney can be the Republican party nominee that tells you how far they have moved to the left. In the 60 he would have been a Democrat.
  • Klynn 2012/06/11 15:56:53
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    Klynn
    +3
    I have become more aware of the ignorant people of this world. Occasionally, there are people who don't make me feel so pessimistic towards society but there are lots of people who can't accept that there are other opinions than theirs and who are very ignorant. However, there are many enlightening people here as well. I don't spend much time on this site but when I do visit it, I notice people's responses.
  • Heavy 2012/06/11 15:53:06
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    Heavy
    +2
    It's hard to change when you have hated people since you were 7.
  • Gothpirate 2012/06/11 15:46:02
    Gothpirate
    +2
    My opinion has declined but every once and awhile I see someone who makes me optimistic
  • 1wickedwitch 2012/06/11 15:43:10
    1wickedwitch
    +2
    most of the people I have talked to seem nice..so far,,all but some upity old hag ..who is a bigot and full of her self.. for no reason I might add
  • kudabux 2012/06/11 15:35:45
    kudabux
    +6
    Actually, judging by the SH members and their responses and polls, I have realized there are many more dangerous RWNJ's out there than I could have imagined.
  • Psyblade kudabux 2012/06/11 15:36:57
  • Rob Williams 2012/06/11 15:22:39
    Rob Williams
    +2
    I thought that there would be people who were nice and that there would be some who were not so nice. What SodaHead has done has proven that I was right ... only more so!

The nice people are nicer than I could have imagined. Sadly, the ones that are not so nice are even worse than I thought they would be.
  • jacktown kid 2012/06/11 15:22:12
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    jacktown kid
    +2
    Doesn't matter to me
  • PokerFace 2012/06/11 15:22:06
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    PokerFace
    +2
    i cant generalise my opinion to all the people i have come across on sodahead
  • Commenting_one 2012/06/11 15:18:05 (edited)
    Commenting_one
    +2
    I didn't want to use this category but I chose it only due to some of the shocking attitudes I've seen, that I had not been aware of in recent years, that I found has actually disturbed me. I forget that I live in a place that is more open, free and fair, so I guess I am sheltered from the ugliness that can exist.

On the other hand, mostly, I have appreciated the ideas, views and interaction with many here which has been enjoyable. I want to say, too, that I've found some younger people, who I wouldn't have otherwise communicated with, to be wise, thoughtful, sensitive, funny and knowledgeable individuals, which I find refreshing. I think it is interesting to have people all over the world and from all walks of life coming together to share their thoughts, which is insightful. Yay, S H! : )

Crowd of people
  • Dave0626 2012/06/11 15:17:52
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    Dave0626
    +1
    To some small degree...a silly, warm fuzzy feeling has developed for people since SH ...But overall, the general consensus remains a constant...

. warm fuzzy feeling developed people sh general consensus remains constant
  • Luke 2012/06/11 15:16:16
    Sodahead has confirmed my worst fears.
    Luke
    +7
  • ETpro 2012/06/11 15:14:11
    Sodahead has confirmed my worst fears.
    ETpro
    +6
    There are some clear and much appreciated exceptions on the site, but the overall level of debate is appalling. It only serves to confirm the H. L. Mencken's observation, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
  • boltfox20 2012/06/11 15:10:08
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    boltfox20
    +3
    And the picture pretty much sums it up. There are those who are too stupid to understand what's going on and those who are intelligent enough to notice that there are those who are too stupid to understand what's going on. I have run into both, I prefer the latter, I constantly run into the former.
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    +6
    life same everywhere...so many nice people here people are funny
  • hippietim 2012/06/11 15:02:21
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    hippietim
    +6
    My opinion of people in general remains the same: People are typically idiots~! I believe that the human species is the worst thing that has ever happened 2 this planet and most of the other species thereon.

Make no mistake, there are humans of note that have bettered the world, I'm not saying that every1 is a net loss, but overall we humans are a stain on the universe!

Timotheee

:o) christian hippie
  • Heavy hippietim 2012/06/11 15:55:58
    Heavy
    Here here, not many people want to admit that we are a disease on the face of the earth just like cancer.
  • Phil 2012/06/11 15:01:33
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    Phil
    +3
    One must first have high expectations of people to start with in order to be let down by them. I knew, know and will always be aware that the Human race on the whole is a gigantic mess.
  • bob h. 2012/06/11 15:00:06
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    bob h.
    +4
    Nope, this is about as opinion neutral as FOX Snooze.
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/06/11 14:56:36
    Sodahead has confirmed my worst fears.
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +5
    there are a lot of mentally ill people out there who can afford a keyboard without an IQ test required.
  • Saye Saye 2012/06/11 14:54:18
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    Saye Saye
    +2
    Eyes wide open & available information counts for me.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/06/11 14:53:23
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    Mostly decline. I've some very good friends, but also have a couple that have proven to be back stabbers.
  • Ozymandias 2012/06/11 14:48:58
  • KoAm 2012/06/11 14:34:09
    KoAm
    +5
    If Sodahead is making you change your opinions of people, that probably means you're spending WAY too much time on here.

This whole thing where people seem to "live" on sites like this is disturbing. It even seems to be killing an entire generation's ability to engage in normal face-to-face communication and relationships.

I'm a "recreational user" of this site. It's amazing (and not in a good way) how so many people seem to have "best friends" on this site and seem to basically live their lives on it.
  • DMack 2012/06/11 14:33:41
    DMack
    +4
    i'm not so sure because some people are still the same and i believe nothing will really change
  • Metaldane 2012/06/11 14:26:59
    Metaldane
    +4
    My opinion of some groups have improved others have dropped sharply I used to be neutral towards libs and cons now libs have gained some respect by not attacking me and cons have lost much for generally acting like aholes towards people who disagree not all of course but the overwhelming majority of those I've encountered.
  • hippietim Metaldane 2012/06/11 15:07:22 (edited)
    hippietim
    +2
    I am a liberal left coast hippie in Seattle. I tend 2 respect all until given cause 2 do otherwise.

I met my hippie mother @ the age of 18, and I saw the path of the hippie and something in my head clicked and it was like 'this is cool, U oughta go there', the year was 1985 and I haven't left yet...

Timothy

:o) timothy leary byrnes timothy leary byrnes
  • Comment... hippietim 2012/06/11 15:24:25
  • Metaldane hippietim 2012/06/11 15:35:49
    Metaldane
    +1
    Cool I'm actually from around Olympia myself lol now I live in east WA which blows but ain't as bad as living in Texas not doing that again.
  • Morgan 2012/06/11 14:25:57
    My opinion of people has not changed.
    Morgan
    +4
    Fairly the same
  • JMCC 2012/06/11 14:20:31
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/06/11 14:18:55
    Vijay Pawar
    +3
    I am a week old on Sodahead, I am content with this social site, you are in interaction with the world as well you make friends with the people around the Globe. Yes! I am loving it here.

2014/10/21 07:12:08