Guys are more attracted to looks or personality or intelligence?

Beccah 2009/03/01 10:41:31

• ~Just Bite Me~ 2009/04/01 22:55:52
    Intelligent girls are sexy!!
    ~Just Bite Me~
    +9
    Beauty is only skin deep and ugly goes clear to the bone, personality and intelligence go a long way me thinks!

• AnthonY 2010/01/09 17:14:38
    No, personality is the most important
    AnthonY
    +1
    Most of guys look for pretty girls ,but not for smart girls.... personality important guys pretty girls smart girls
  • China - 2009/09/21 22:06:06
    No, personality is the most important
    China -
    looks are what draw you to a person and personality is what keeps you there :)
  • Beccah China - 2010/01/01 01:43:02
    Beccah
    sorry for the so late reply. but im just thinking. most people are saying how looks are the initial attraction but then personality is the real clincher. but what if, say, i wasn't pretty- like i wasn't good looking, but i was the most wonderful person you'd ever meet personality-wise. nobody would know that though, because they weren;t initially attracted to me. i mean, if you were 'ugly' does that mean no guy would want to get to know you?
  • China - Beccah 2010/04/07 02:19:56
    China -
    i didn't mean looks as in necessarily good looking! everyone finds different things attractive, hence me saying it's looks that draw you in. personality is definitely key.
  • ¢låµÐïå jåñê 2009/05/31 00:47:33
    Looks are everything
    ¢låµÐïå jåñê
    i think most guys look for looks. thts why i dont have a bf. )=
  • skisicks 2009/05/26 21:39:44
    No, personality is the most important
    skisicks
    I try to look past looks, If she has a good personality and can have a conversation with me, I am not always the smartest person in the crowd, I tend to be a shy person, but still will talk to someone I am interested in. Looks are what draws a person to a person, but that is not all what makes a person.
  • Pele Emerging 2009/05/23 23:15:28
    Looks are everything
    Pele Emerging
    I'm answering from what I think guys seem to like. Most guys can't get beyond the packaging. Then, they wonder why the package can't hold a conversation or answer a simple question or even behave in a decent way. Given the choice between a beautiful airhead with a mean personality and a plain, intelligent woman with great personality and a heart of gold, and many will pick the airhead.
  • Niki 2009/05/19 03:49:36
    Niki
    I'm a girl, and for the most part, smart. And if there's one thing I know, it's that guys don't appreciate intelligence. -_-
  • Xuvy 2009/04/22 08:27:54
    Xuvy
    Female here, I 'd say it goes..looks personality intelligence in that order and for long term relationships
  • mxmamma774 2009/04/20 18:17:01 (edited)
    mxmamma774
    I think it depends on what guys are looking for at the moment. in the end I think they look for all of that and more. guys want a little bit of everything but when they look to settle down looks are only the bonus. guys want to have a decent conversation with someone and be able to know the difference between a Dana 44 axle and differential. ( example only)
  • my*hips*dont*lie* 2009/04/17 01:07:46
    No, personality is the most important
    my*hips*dont*lie*
    at the end, a real guy chooses intelligence and a great personality..though, the first thing is looks becuz its wats on the outside, then they look deeper. :o)
  • Beccah 2009/04/03 07:19:02
    No, personality is the most important
    Beccah
    I reckon most shallow guys look for hotness or sexiness in a woman...alot of people get so bummed out when the guy they love dumps them for a prettier one..
    LADIES!! THOSE MEN ARE NOT WORTH IT!!!
    the decent, smart and loving men care about more than just beauty!! They love you for YOU!!
  • Stonewall 2009/04/03 04:45:53
    Stonewall
    +2
    Personalty trumps all.
  • steve 2009/04/03 01:11:25
    steve
    Hopefully there all combined if not I would say personality
  • Archconservative 2009/04/03 01:03:46
    Archconservative
    I desparately tried for compatibility. Been married 46 years.
  • kdawg0909 2009/04/02 23:33:43
    Looks are everything
    kdawg0909
    sadly they're attracted to looks which counts me out ohwell I dont want a man anywho so that worked out well
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2009/04/02 22:45:04
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    A mix of the three is nice, but someone attracted by personality and/or intelligence will magically discover that her looks are just fine, no matter what.
  • Beccah Spizzzo... 2009/04/03 07:12:11
    Beccah
    +1
    definitely..i reckon once u love someone...looks are the last things that matter...
  • MikeTX 2009/04/02 22:06:10
    MikeTX
    You need more answers. Of course guys start with looks but once we get to know you our opinion might change. A woman with a good personality and who is intelligent is a keeper. The crazy ones we try to run away from.
  • Pistol Packin Mama 2009/04/02 21:54:13 (edited)
    Pistol Packin Mama
    Younger guys and guys with poor self-esteem tend to value looks more than mature guys. Atleast, thats been my experience.

I'm "okay" looking, smart, conservative, sensual and funny. I can hold my own in any conversation... but I'm a "woman of size". In High School I couldn't buy a date.

When I was "single again" around age 40 and the older men were entirely different. (I dated men from 14 years younger to 11 years older) They seemed to appreciate intelligence, independence, sense of humor, sensuality, confidence and an unselfish nature... more the entire package vs the wrapping paper.
  • Hammer 2009/04/02 17:33:15
    Hammer
    Looks get the first attention. But that quickly fades to personality and intelligence........BUT if you happen to be a CONSERVATIVE SODAHEAD girl like say

Marie M2M2K or,
    Spunkysmum or,
    Just Bite Me or,
    Donna or,
    Kylene
    Canto
    Eve or Jenny;

then all the above still apply
  • Len 2009/04/02 16:55:00
    Looks are everything
    Len
    +1
    Looks are the initial attraction.... then superceded by intelligence, humor, personality, style... and other non-physical attributes... but physical attraction is first....
  • jennifer1969 2009/04/02 14:10:05
    Looks are everything
    jennifer1969
    +2
    At first looks are everything, but pretty people have a way of becoming ugly and boring when they are vapid.
    Eventually intelligence wins out.
  • Racefish 2009/04/02 13:32:20
    Racefish
    You didn't have all of the above.
  • Tracy 2009/04/02 10:05:11
    Tracy
    I think it's really the whole package (so to speak) you have to attracted to the person by looks, personality and intelligence. It's not just one thing, it could never work with just one thing. My husband is goodlooking to me and he has a personality...he makes me laugh (that is a must!) and he is smart...that's what I love about him.
  • Whitese7en 2009/04/02 05:24:21
    Whitese7en
    Looks are important initially however, as the relationship continues, looks become less important.
  • chas 2009/04/02 03:03:03
    Looks are everything
    chas
    Looks: 60%, personality:20%, IQ: 20%. for the majority of males.
  • The Sane One 2009/04/02 03:02:41
    Intelligent girls are sexy!!
    The Sane One
    Looks are fairly important, but my main attraction is being able to hold a conversation.

She might be a 10 in the looks department, but if she's braindead, the date will be a VERY short one.

Or if she's got an accent that sounds (metaphorically) like nails on a chalkboard-- she might be a supermodel from Harvard-- I still couldn't stand to be in the same zip code.
  • Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer 2009/04/02 02:44:47
    Looks are everything
    Evan A.K.A Shane Sawyer
    Attraction is the initial first glance impression. We men are attracted to looks because we are 6 times more visual than women. We are impressed by looks, like women are by a man with a Bentley a Rolex and an Armani suit. Youth and Beauty to men are what money and power are to women. After we get what we think we want though, we discover how much more important those ancillary traits really are.
  • The Beaver 2009/04/02 02:23:32
    Intelligent girls are sexy!!
    The Beaver
    +1
    Smart is Sexy :) intelligent girls sexy smart sexy
  • chas The Beaver 2009/04/02 03:04:55
    chas
    +1
    Stop trying to get me excited!!
  • The Beaver chas 2009/04/03 01:15:49
    The Beaver
    +1
    Oh alright!

alright
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2009/04/02 02:01:16
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    Looks attract the attention and personality is the clincher. Intelligence is not needed or wanted, just a little common sense.
  • FBD - 2009/04/02 01:35:37
    Intelligent girls are sexy!!
    FBD  -
    +2
    .

You can't fix stupid!

.
  • Pistol ... FBD - 2009/04/02 21:33:31
  • FBD - Pistol ... 2009/04/02 21:40:56
    FBD  -
    I've seen that picture before, thanks.
    Classic example! ;^)
  • pablo 2009/04/02 01:10:34 (edited)
    pablo
    +2
    Guys in general look for a standarized body type that normally reflects his mother, Grandmother or first crush in general as a little kid.

Then they apply personality checks and a set internal list called the who I would bring home to mama list and not get a lecture for doing it or a pat on the back for doing it.

Intelligence honestly is one of the last items on most guys list but is important. Its just not one of the first things guys consider. Its more of a last minute check to see if you want to be tied to an air head or want someone as smart or smarter than yourself attitude.

I know my sister called me all sorts of names when I told her I wanted to find a girl who I thought was just as screwed up as myself but possibly a little smarter. She said that kind of evaluation is messed up.

Maybe it is maybe it is not. who knows. But body type is what attract men. You have a guy who will like a 4 on a scale of 1-10 and marry her if she matches the body type.

Its why guys are hard to figure out for girls. They think guys are linked only to beauty of the elusive 10 in overall beauty. That is nonsense.

Its really the body type that get guys attention. There was a study done and it found that 85% of all men go after this body type.

roughly 5-2 to 5-6 34 -24- 36. Big brea...

'

roughly 5-2 to 5-6 34 -24- 36. Big breasted or super breasted women are not the norm. Many men are facinated some may even allow that facination to modify their body type preference. But generally its not a major factor for most men. Bigger is not better when the study of 14 million men was conducted in both the US, Canada, France, Britan, Spain and Germany. The study noted that body type preference is geographic specific as well.

For example, Germans prefer larger breasted women were as Spainish men preferred small A cup types. US men when looking at photos or models picked women who were B or C cup. Generally, men do not know for the most part what cup size is and will call a C cup woman a DD.

Thus many women increase breast size for no good reason and wonder why they are not seeing an improvement overall after the proceedure of male interest. Generally speaking women just need to be themselves.

Now for women who have mismatched set that is easily noticed, then they might want to consider something.

So women who are between 5-2 - 5-6 or 7 with long hair normally down to the butt. 34 -24- 36. If anyone has ever been to any museum, I suggest you go back and look. You will find this particular body type over and over again in proportion. Some may display in 36- 26-38 but the proportion is the same. Thus men are attracted to the so called Hour glass look but does not like overly large top end.

This distortion for larger breasts is the product of mens magazines like Playboy and Penthouse whose publishers who had a differing body type perference than the norm. If you want to see the truth, look at playboy pinup subcriber selections and you will see the body type that I have given and does not match the editor's selections of playmate of the year for example.

Hair, and eye color as well as skin tone to how tan is relative.
    I really can't answer this very well. My way was and is curry the cute ones who'd normally be passed over because she was not drop dead beautiful. Pick one out who could talk and was educated. She has to have interests and be sort of ther own woman. kinda girl. Many a skinny little girl with slightly inperfect tea=eth, but really cleann and nicely dressed turn into a snakey little ball o fire when undressed. I've also seen the B and B girl with the sweet face and a hard try on the exercise and diet turn into the Mama of delight after being undressed with the first kiss.
  • Linda 2009/04/02 00:30:39
    Linda
    I don't know about guys but for me its a combination of looks, personality and intelligence. you need a little bit of everything I think. However sometimes a girls personality can make her the most beautiful girl you will ever meet and the outside won't matter. :)
  • No, personality is the most important
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    Bad Girls are Fun in Parties and Sex, but boring in family life
    http://steelangels-forum.no-i...

2014/07/24 02:28:07