Gregg Allman, 64, Getting Married for Seventh Time ... to 24-Year-Old: Sweet or Sick?

He was born a ramblin' man ... Allman Brothers rocker Gregg Allman, 64, has announced his plans to tie the knot for the seventh time -- with a 24-year-old woman. "This time, I am really in love," he told "Piers Morgan Tonight," of Shannon, who is 40 years younger.

And he doesn't think of his bride as wife number seven. "That's not what she's becoming. She's becoming wife number one," said the grandfather (and father of five), who was once married to Cher. "I don't have a wife. Haven't had one for years."

He elaborated Wednesday on "CBS This Morning": "This is my first wife. ... It's just -- it's altogether different. I'm sober. I don't know, there, for a while, I thought, 'Man, it's definitely you. It's got to be you.' But -- well, there's a few things I could tell you, but they're just too private." Do you think the relationship is sweet? Or sick?

• Pele Emerging 2012/05/25 01:41:18
    Sick
    Pele Emerging
    +8
    Hope he's got a good pre-nup. I can give you millions of reasons what that 24 year old wants to marry him, but they're in his bank account.

• REFUSENICK1967 2012/06/02 19:39:26
    Sick
    REFUSENICK1967
    40yrs They will have nothing in common,She is a gold digger i guarantee you if Greg was a broke ass bitch,She would not give him the time of day.....lol
  • REFUSEN... REFUSEN... 2012/06/02 19:40:30
  • S and S 2012/05/31 21:27:56
  • mason (girl) 2012/05/29 04:06:29
    Sick
    mason  (girl)
    Eww
  • Fran-Halen 2012/05/27 12:11:24
    Sweet
    Fran-Halen
    Good luck to them.
  • no1badboy56 2012/05/26 13:48:28
    Sweet
    no1badboy56
    You needed an undecided option. Having been married with a 20 yr age difference it's tough, most times your not even on the same page. Not to mention the life differences. In this case, I would say it's very likely by the time she hits 44 she'll be pretty much set for life.
  • Omnibus Annie 2012/05/26 13:35:33
    Sick
    Omnibus Annie
    On sooo many levels...
    seriously stupid
    And what is she thinking???
  • Texas Gal 2012/05/26 00:51:25
    Sweet
    Texas Gal
    +2
    I don't really think it's "sweet", but I don't think it's necessarily "sick" either. As long as two people in a relationship are consenting adults -- it's up to them. It usually doesn't last -- and they will be the one's who live through the results. Maybe theirs will work out.
  • ray 2012/05/26 00:14:09
    Sick
    ray
    +1
    is that his granddaughter? i bet he has a few older than her. he has nothing in common with her except he likes girls and she happens to be one. im sure she is in it because she loves him and money has nothing to do with it.....quack
  • Duane Freemantle 2012/05/25 23:39:22
    Sick
    Duane Freemantle
    That would be getting married for the seventh time.
  • chrissy 2012/05/25 23:05:48
    Sick
    chrissy
    +1
    That's just nasty. I can see like a ten year difference or less but 40? Ew
  • Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2012/05/25 22:56:39 (edited)
    Sweet
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +2
    Whatever blows your skirt up. His life and his money.He is free agent and can think for himself. If it makes him happy at this age and stage. He is not taken it with him when he dies. She may be taken him for a big ride but it is his ride.
  • Omnibus... Nancy~P... 2012/05/26 13:38:04
    Omnibus Annie
    +1
    You do have a good point there...
  • FencerCat 2012/05/25 21:31:15
    Sick
    FencerCat
    +2
    Personally, I think what is really detrimental to marriage is people treating it so lightly that they'll get into and out of it so easily. Yes, you can make a mistake, but if you don't learn from it, maybe you shouldn't engage in that activity. I think there should be a "three strikes and you're out" rule about marriage. I think that's pretty generous, too. If you've tried 3 times and still can't make a go of it (I mean 3 divorces, not your spouse died), perhaps you should stop trying.
  • Headhunter 13 2012/05/25 20:24:33
    Sweet
    Headhunter 13
    Nice job Gregg

• Ayakaa 2012/05/25 19:38:26
    Sweet
    Ayakaa
    She gets the money and he gets the sex, so what's the big deal?
  • Omnibus... Ayakaa 2012/05/26 13:39:19
    Omnibus Annie
    +1
    Wanna bet she's getting the short end?
  • gocar 2012/05/25 19:18:13
    Sick
    gocar
    These old men belong in an Arab country with multiple wives
  • taylord... gocar 2012/05/25 19:22:40
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +2
    Why an Arab country? Why not Utah?
  • Dee 2012/05/25 19:18:05
    Sweet
    Dee
    +3
    They are both adults, and they can do whatever they want to do. It doesn't affect my life.
  • TMan 2012/05/25 18:57:43
  • JuliaLoren 2012/05/25 18:47:21
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/05/25 18:30:57
    Sweet
    Margaret Jacobson
    SWEET FOR HER $$$...........Him, don't know...maybe he needs "something" to look at ?? something for his ego ?? maybe he needs to "unload" some money?? maybe a great pre-nup ?? THERE ARE NOT MARRIED YET?? maybe never ?? who knows...not there yet !!
    Sweet
    +2
    He's got the cash and plenty of blue pills
  • keeper 2012/05/25 17:58:48
    Sweet
    keeper
    +1
    More power to him~~~
  • Elementer 2012/05/25 17:44:09
    Sweet
    Elementer
    +4
    Sweet for her when she divorces him and takes half his bank.

gold digger
  • dear•LT13☻ 2012/05/25 17:35:55
    Sick
    dear•LT13☻
    +2
    Anna Nicole Smith II
  • ronbo 2012/05/25 17:26:03
    Sick
    ronbo
    +2
    We,re talking about Gregg Allman. Nothing he,s ever done classifies as normal.
  • Jump Back Jack ~ The Minstr... 2012/05/25 17:09:57
    Sweet
    Jump Back Jack ~ The Minstrel of *þᾞमेॐऊ
    +1
    The way you guys use the word sick around here has stripped it of its meaning.
  • Dave The Canuck 2012/05/25 16:45:52
    Sick
    Dave The Canuck
    +1
    I say sick, but they are both adults and have both obviously agreed to be married, so I guess it's their business.
  • D S 2012/05/25 16:45:26
    Sweet
    D S
    +3
    Some guys would get a Corvette. He went for higher maintenance but I bet the ride is better:)
  • meneope 2012/05/25 16:39:05
    Sweet
    meneope
    +2
    My thoughts:
    1) In the West marriage has become a hypocrisy.
    2) I'd have chosen 'deplorable' instead, if the option was there.
    3) He would have been better off with a young asian woman...
  • ≌PoPTart≌ 2012/05/25 16:08:18
    Sick
    ≌PoPTart≌
    +2
    what does she have in common with a man 40 year older? nothing. what does he have in common with her? Nothing. He wants young pussy, she wants old money.
  • Alice Evie 2012/05/25 16:07:18
    Sick
    Alice Evie
    +1
    well, not sick really, but a bit disturbing.
    it's their life though and theyre not hurting anyone, so good luck
  • Mimi 2012/05/25 16:00:07
    Sick
    Mimi
    +1
    That could be he's granddaughter. When she was born he was 40. Would you give your new born to a 40.year old to marry?? .... If she doent mind....
  • meneope Mimi 2012/05/25 16:47:19
    meneope
    your "new born" is "messing" about all over the place big time and doesn't belong to you but to the State! What's the big deal about the age? At least He's marrying her!!! I'm more worried about HIS pre-nup than the loose "new borns" we have today! C'mon as if we can choose who our new borns are having sex with!?!
  • Mimi meneope 2012/06/01 19:39:24 (edited)
    Mimi
    We can't choose whom they want to date.. . It seems like they wait for them to turn legal. Its debestating when you hear guys that want dates and when you help then out with girls their own age (50+} they complain and say they want a 19 year old. If a young girl desides to be with grandpa wether she's really in love or not she deserves all the money and belongings that are granted to her she sacrificed her youth and made him happy until his casket dropped.
  • meneope Mimi 2012/06/13 16:02:08
    meneope
    Oh my days.
    Like I always say "equality" works only one way in the modern woman's mind.
  • Mimi meneope 2012/07/13 18:56:31
    Mimi
    its reality woman sacrifice way more in a marriage than men (e.g cleaning house, cooking, baking, bearing children, they spend more quality time with them, decoratingthe house, groceries, modern wife also works, and hopefully most with at least their Associates Degree, if married to Grandpa they see going to sacrifice a little sooner for him. Every decision in life comes with with bad or good consequences!
  • meneope Mimi 2012/07/13 20:45:27
    meneope
    I'm confused if you are talking of the old Complementary paradigm - the time when man and woman used to complement each others and walk hand in hand and the workload were divided along gender line yes then the woman deserves his money if he dies first, because they are truly ONE - true marriage union!
    With feminism this has now become more of a myth, something akind a legend. As you put it, the woman "is sacrificing herself" in this picture. So what we have now is equality - meaning - man against woman, woman against man; woman = man, man = woman, equality means competition, stepping on each others' feet and complete gender role confusion!

Where do you stand? From the second position, she should deserve nothing, they are never one, they are just two people living together for some time. It is amazing the way Feminists have turned our perception upside down. Feminists have branded the first view as prostitution to a man, but it is actually the second position, the feminist's way of life which is truly prostitution because the woman expects to get paid for just having sex with a man for a period of time until divorce. Truly the modern woman adhering to the second position philosophy offers nothing of the services you mentioned above for her family [i.e. husband and children], all ...

Where do you stand? From the second position, she should deserve nothing, they are never one, they are just two people living together for some time. It is amazing the way Feminists have turned our perception upside down. Feminists have branded the first view as prostitution to a man, but it is actually the second position, the feminist's way of life which is truly prostitution because the woman expects to get paid for just having sex with a man for a period of time until divorce. Truly the modern woman adhering to the second position philosophy offers nothing of the services you mentioned above for her family [i.e. husband and children], all she offers is sex! Food are cooked or pre-cooked by other people, clothing made by third world people, and day care workers, nanis, schools and the mass media take on the socialising process; It's no wonder we develop selfish and self-centered people in this society - children have no family or community identities, they develop primarily personal social identities!

Concerning Degrees, as a side thought, I think women ought to know that holding a University Degree doesn't you any more appealing in the eyes of the opposite sex. Another equality myth busted!

2014/09/03 07:20:59