God? Real or total bogus?

VegoBabe 2011/12/13 13:51:04
I don't mean to be insulting to people who believe in god and jesus and all that.... but I don't believe in it at all.... I mean, is there really any proof? And with all these 'apocalypses' meant to happen because God made it so.... every time people say it's going to happen it never does! And how people says that homosexuality is against gods way and so on..... and apparently god wants people to fight against them.... that can't be right, because the bible says that god is the creator of all things, including people. Therefore, god made them homosexuals didn't he? So why are people so against them? In addition, I have heard of a religious people who write to newspapers saying stuff like 'athiests and homosexuals should be stoned to death!' If god is supposed to be loving, then why do some christans or catholics or whoever hate them so much? Considering that so much hate is spread across the world due to religion.... then how can it be right?

• Jordan Moran 2012/01/09 02:00:16
    Bogus
    Jordan Moran
    God's actions in the Bible negate his own existence.
  • Bella 2011/12/27 17:22:18
    Bogus
    Bella
    +1
    I don't believe in him at all!
  • logical thinker 2011/12/26 16:34:55
    Real
    logical thinker
    To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space, is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field full of seeds, only one plant will grow. It is important to continue the search for extra terrestrial life in our universe. Imagine how foolish you would feel if you didn't try only because someone said it cannot be done.

God is an alien

Charles darwin might be rolling over in his grave, but it is very possible that mankind came about from extra terrestrial invervention. Did the evolution of mankind recieve a jumpstart? and if so, might there be tangible evidence? and logical proof?. over 60% of the scientific community believe prrof is allready there inside the human brain.

Chicage illinois, december 2004. researchers at the howard hughs medical institute, at the university of Chicago published the results of a study that claims the sophistication of the human brain was the result of a so called "special event". The results of the study determined mankinds intelligence was not just a result of evolution, and around 50,000 years ago the human genome went through an intense amount of change in a relatively short amount of time. too short to supprt micro evolution (a small change to any item in an observable amount of time.) this observation is reffered to ...

God is an alien

Chicage illinois, december 2004. researchers at the howard hughs medical institute, at the university of Chicago published the results of a study that claims the sophistication of the human brain was the result of a so called "special event". The results of the study determined mankinds intelligence was not just a result of evolution, and around 50,000 years ago the human genome went through an intense amount of change in a relatively short amount of time. too short to supprt micro evolution (a small change to any item in an observable amount of time.) this observation is reffered to as "the big bang of the brain".

It is very clear that fully modern intellectual function is a very recent aquisition in our lineage. Its not an improvement of what was there before, its a new kind of manipulation of information in the mind. People all the time talk about the missing link. The moment in time that saw our ape ancestors jump from primitive tools and a chimp like community, to clothes, swords, verbal language and construction ability. 50,000 year ago anceint man went were no other animal has ever gone before in the entire history of the earth. over the millions of years worth of dinosaur rule, through countless ice ages and countless other dominant species on earth, suddenly an ape makes the leap to intellignece it brings the thought of an outside intervention.

What was the spark that spured the leap. was it a genetic mutation brought about by the natural selection process? or could it have been a genetic modification produced by extra terrestrial beings? It is said that god created mankind in his image. using clay vessels and clear pipes. English standard version of the Bible: "then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." (primitive breathing tube just like an oxygen mask at a hospital?) scientists and genetic researchers are constantly altering DNA and molecular structures of living cells all the time. its called genetic research and stem cell research. if mankind now can do all of this, then extra terrestrials over 50,000 years ago could also.

What if as apart of the genetic updates human beings where getting from the extra terrestrials, one of those genetic updates involved a minor glitch. almost like a software download, a biological alteration to differentiate the different hemipheres of the brain to allow human society: tool and weapon making, fire, social organisation, arts and crafts, verbal communication and lots more. and from that it allowed that particular human specias to become what it is today. If an alien race could have the technology to travel across the universe wich would involve cold fusion, anti matter containment, anti gravity, enertial dampeners and so much more (wich science is allready working toward achieving)... then a minor manipulation to human DNA is logically very easy.

Aliens created human beings by genetically altering our primitive ancestors. the various versions of homonid have been the result of experiments to create intelligent life on earth. at different stages in our ancient history our DNA was altered, then altered again, then finally homo sapien was formed. most religous text explains that god gave us a gift of intelligence for us to use at our own free will. its possible we are an experiment.

FOXP2 - is a gene that was found in our nucleotides. this is something that sets us apart from any other animal. that gene alone is responcible for language. only we have it, primitive man did not. the evolution of mankind proves this gene was non existant untill 50,000 years ago. there is no evidence that this gene came from the animal kingdom or from us. it could not have formed on its own.... so where did it miraculously come from? its possible this geneome along with countless other spontaneous mutations was given to early man and grafted into our DNA.
  • VegoBabe logical... 2011/12/27 09:32:51
    VegoBabe
    +1
    Sorry but I'm not going to read all that. But I know what your opinion is.
  • Jbug799 2011/12/22 02:05:56
    Real
    Jbug799
    +1
    I agree with Missing LInks..It all started with a lie and continues to this day..People who do not believe in God don't believe in Satan..therein lies the problem..Satan is the ruler of this world.
  • Jordan ... Jbug799 2012/01/09 01:59:30
    Jordan Moran
    +1
    And a relative synonym for Satan, who represents evil -- humanity.
  • Missing Links 2011/12/16 03:46:14
    Real
    Missing Links
    +1
    What people do and what God says to do are two different things.
  • VegoBabe 2011/12/14 04:17:05
    Bogus
    VegoBabe
    I mostly asked this question because 1) I see a lot of hate being spread around because of it and 2) Last Christmas in Australia, a lot of the country was flooded. People died and people's homes and goods were destroyed. They had nothing left on Christmas, and some of them had lost family members. They couldn't celebrate Christmas. Now tell me something.... if god is real, and is suppossed to love everyone (his 'creations') and apparently he created everything. Wouldn't that mean that he created the flood also? So technically.... (if he existed) he killed those people, he destroyed people's homes. He destroyed their Christmas. What kind of 'loving god' would do such a horrible thing?
  • Clay Sl... VegoBabe 2011/12/14 14:34:57 (edited)
    Clay Slayer
    The good Christians will try to tell you that God didnt do that, the devil did, Their God can only do good, I guess this loving god did a complete 180 somewhere between the old and the new testament, for in the Old testament it was an Evil, murdering,vengefull ,jealous, Egotistical God. Then all at once he became love,, YEP! However like you, if God didnt do it, he damn sure didnt do anything to stop it, now did he?

This God Either can but wont, or Wont because it cant, Either way what good is it?

I have always wondered why God wont heal amputees??

Then there is Aunt Lucy's car keys that she lost and found with the help of this God, and while this God was finding those keys a Guy I knows little daughter was being raped and put into a plastic bag and burried alive,She was Nine Years Old.. Maybe you heard of the case,, Jessica Lundsford......Where was this god then. OH I know, the good christian will spout off well she is with Jesus now and in a better place...That makes me want to puke....Sometime when I hear that crap I want to say to them, "I hope your kids have a speedy journy to...
  • Erin Innocent 2011/12/13 21:28:06
    Bogus
    Erin Innocent
    +1
    hey, its my opinion
    i was raised by 2 scienists who taught me how to find an answer, and if there's no evidence it must be false
    i go to a catholic school, and i laugh at what they teach
    honestly, i don't believe in anything....unless you count science and actual facts
  • SundanceChick 2011/12/13 21:25:50
    Bogus
    SundanceChick
    In an educated society, why is this even a question any more. . ? No, the Christian God does NOT exist. If a "creator" exists, he created the world through evolution and the big bang.
  • Clay Slayer 2011/12/13 16:34:27
    Bogus
    Clay Slayer
    +2
    God and Christianity breeds Hate....All religions breed hate. They talk of love and tolerance, yea right, they are the most intollerant of all..God Loves you, if you dont believe that you are going to BURN IN HELL,, what a message that is..
  • VegoBabe Clay Sl... 2011/12/14 04:02:52
    VegoBabe
    Exactly what I was thinking! I'm with you on this one.
  • Radical Ed 2011/12/13 16:00:18
    Bogus
    Radical Ed
    +1
    Faith is not evidence/proof and believing in something does not make it real. God is bogus to me until someone can give me a valid and completely reasonable explanation to why I should believe. when someone says that something exists its in their hands to proof that their statement is correct, im still waiting :)
  • Clay Sl... Radical Ed 2011/12/13 20:13:51
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    You will be waiting a long time for those that think they know the answers to offer up any proof.. The think with Circular logic.. and the circle always ends with the "Got to have Faith" BS.. They have no proof, so their Typical dodge is to push it back on you.. and the circle logic goes on and on and on and on... They have no Proof. Then they say "I dont need to prove anything, because I know I am right".
  • Radical Ed Clay Sl... 2011/12/14 06:04:42
    Radical Ed
    its ironic that people ask for evidence for the non existence of something then do not provide actual evidence for its existence.
  • CuppaT Child of God 2011/12/13 15:42:47
    Real
    CuppaT   Child of God
    +1
    What proof do you have that God isn't real? Verifiable proof.
  • Clay Sl... CuppaT ... 2011/12/13 16:37:53
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    What proof do you have that God is Real? Faith? LMAO,, Verifiable, undeniable facts .. Proving a negative such as the non existance of something is impossible because there are no Facts at all pointing to its existance.. There must be empherical evidence of something existing or it doesnt exist..
  • Truth M... Clay Sl... 2011/12/13 20:58:42 (edited)
    Truth Matters
    Hey idiot, why don't you try and pick on me? Come visit my woodshed with your mindless Atheism.

(1) You can prove a negative. I can prove no elephants are in my car.

(2) Where is your evidence to justify your belief in No God.

(3) Where is your empirical evidence that love exists? How about intention? does that exist
    Can you empirically prove the statement "Only that which can be empirically proven is true"? ..... NO. You cut your own throat. You have no idea what you're yapping about spanky.

BTW here is my evidence. Where is yours?

Here is a very cursory outline of some of the best evidences for God. The full arguments and evidences are not NOT adequately explained here. This is a very compacted outline I put together - not comprehensive.

Contingency – Why does something exist rather than nothing? Something cannot begin from nothing without a cause, so Something must self-exist. Self-existence is necessary. Self –creation is impossible. The Universe began. Universe is not self-existent. Universe requires a causally antecedent agency to explain it’s existence. God does not – no beginning.

Cosmological – Absolute beginning requires a cause. Cause of Physical Universe cannot be Physical. Must be non-physical, space-less, timeless and willful to cause Physica...

Cosmological – Absolute beginning requires a cause. Cause of Physical Universe cannot be Physical. Must be non-physical, space-less, timeless and willful to cause Physical Universe from Physical Nothingness.

Design: Specified ordered and integrated interdependencies aimed towards a third-purpose design objectives clearly infer intelligent agency. ‘Chance’ events within limited time-frames cannot rationally account for Design achievements No plausible Naturalistic mechanisms or explanations actually exist. Origin of radically sophisticated DNA information (software) driving molecular highly sophisticated molecular machines within each cell. Also, the design inference from irreducible complexity cannot and certainly has not been adequately explained.

Precision FINELY TUNED constants and quantities present in initial conditions of the Universe to within infinitesimally narrow ranges to permit life. Universe is precision balanced on razor’s edge. This is virtual mathematical proof of intent – a function of mind – is necessary to explain these precision orderings.

Ontological argument – God is a metaphysically necessary Being. Since God’s attributes are metaphysically possible, and all metaphysical possibilities must also be actual if possible, God must be actual.

Intelligence in Nature: Intelligence, order and reason and information all from Nothingness?

Spiritual instinct of man: Evolved to connect with something not actual?

Free-will: Chemical causation is not free-will. Agency requires a soul. Chemicals have no moral duties.

Moral Truth / Apprehension of Objective moral truth. Is rape really wrong or just an illusion? Is rape just a natural chemical byproduct caused by electrochemical activity (Atheism) – or an act of will.

Massive Historical evidences of witnessed Miracles, visions, fulfilled prophecies,.

Personal experiences: Ubiquitous NDE’s, supernatural phenomena

Christ’s resurrection witnessed by hundreds.

Absolute failure of Naturalism to explain a Finely tuned Universe, Finite Universe, Sentience, Rational truth and natural order, Moral Law (morality), intuition, intentionality, intelligence, purpose, free-will…
  • Clay Sl... Truth M... 2011/12/13 23:27:31
    Clay Slayer
    Same old Mindless rant, and you stoop to calling names, very christian of you.. Typical of the brainwashed... There would be no need to proove there are no elephants in your car unless someone made the claim there was.. with the religious point of view.. they could be there they are just invisible...Ist that what you brainwashed individuals say.. God is invisible but he exists..Lame argument there dude..Prove your elephants in your car are not invisible and are not actually there.. Same argument that you religious nuts throw out. Again I dont make the claim of the existance of god. that is your claim now prove it..I know, here comes the mumbo jumbo that often follows such a request..
  • Truth M... Clay Sl... 2011/12/14 01:17:28
    Truth Matters
    You were proven dead wrong on the logic.

You were given massive evidence. You cannot refute anything.

You have no evidence or valid arguments to justify your marginal belief position.

That's a big ZERO for you.
  • Clay Sl... Truth M... 2011/12/14 01:41:03
    Clay Slayer
    Typical, the same old relgious mantra, turn the burden of proof on the one that isnt making the claim.. And massive evidence, what evidence all you have done is spout nonsense, Again you prove your god exists , you are the one claiming that, if you can prove it exists , you might be able to change someones mind.. You have no scientific evidence of any of that supernatural bull crap.. So how about backing up your claim..It isnt up to me to prove it doesnt exist.. Now you uderstand what I meant about you religious nuts talking with circular logic. You have no proof. just as with your freaking elephant analogy, you cant prove they arent there .. Just because you cant see them doesnt mean they arent their.. That is the same explanation you brainwashed individual spout about proving your god exists..Pure BS ..
  • Truth M... Clay Sl... 2011/12/14 17:30:58
    Truth Matters
    "turn the burden of proof on the one that isnt making the claim.."

Explain why Theism (BELIEF in God) is a Claim, while Atheism (BELIEF that God doesn't exist) is not a claim or even a belief?
    ANSWER THE QUESTION!!

(Fact) both are belief positions. Both should be justified.

I realize your Atheism is intellectually lazy, but you need to stop with the excuses and justify your belief position. Otherwise we will know your belief is BLIND.

You have my evidence. You cannot defeat anything.
    Throwing a hissy fit is not evidence that Atheism is correct
  • Truth M... Clay Sl... 2011/12/14 01:25:14
    Truth Matters
    Prove your claim God doesn't exist? Where is your evidence?
    Man-up! You've been provided massive evidences you cannot refute.

Every one of your silly notions has been refuted with pure logic and examples.
  • Radical Ed Clay Sl... 2011/12/14 06:05:16
    Radical Ed
    he's a troll, dont xD
  • Truth M... Radical Ed 2011/12/14 17:34:28
    Truth Matters
    Labeling me a troll is a weak excuse to avoid another loss. Man up.

Atheism is pathetic.
  • Sundanc... CuppaT ... 2011/12/13 21:21:14
    SundanceChick
    What proof do you have that there isn't an invisible teapot sitting on the moon. none. but that's not the point. If I told you that I believe there is an invisible teapot sitting on the moon, I WOULD BE THE ONE that is responsible for proving it.
  • Truth M... Sundanc... 2011/12/14 01:21:34
    Truth Matters
    How is Theism (belief in God's existence) any more a claim than Atheism (Belief that God doesn''t exist)? Both are beliefs.

All beliefs should be justified - not just Theistic beliefs. Theists can give evidence, Atheists shirk all burden to justify in evidence, then deny deny deny all evidences. That's just intellectual laziness.
  • VegoBabe Truth M... 2011/12/22 18:59:53
    VegoBabe
    what evidences? All that's being to us is examples that not at all relate to god. Perhaps athiest's proof that god does not exist is purely the fact the catholics/christans cannot prove that he does exist. And its all circular, we say he doesn't exist, you say he does. It's a never ending argument that can never be solved because there will never ever be authentic proof! So perhaps that suggests that people should only believe in what can be seen and therefore work to improve the lives we live without waiting around, hoping for god to solve our problems?
  • Truth M... VegoBabe 2011/12/31 20:51:26
    Truth Matters
    You are simply wrong on every point.

1) There is massive evidence for God. See outline below.

2) None of my evidence is circular.

3) Proof is an unreasonable standard. Evidence is a reasonable standard. Most true things that we know to be true cannot be proven. Very few things can be proven absolutely

"Perhaps athiest's proof that god does not exist is purely the fact the catholics/christans cannot prove that he does exist"

That's very bad reasoning. Absence of proof is not proof of absence!

"So perhaps that suggests that people should only believe in what can be seen and therefore work to improve the lives we live without waiting around, hoping for god to solve our problems?"

That's silly self-refuting nonsense. Can you 'see' the moral assumption that we should 'work to improve lives'? Then why do you believe in it?

And where do those moral 'oughts' and duties come from under Atheism? You have no basis to claim chemical animals ought to obey moral laws.

"what evidences?"

Contingency – Why does something exist rather than nothing? Something cannot begin from not...

You are simply wrong on every point.

2) None of my evidence is circular.

"what evidences?"

• VegoBabe Truth M... 2012/01/01 01:39:41
    VegoBabe
    if you repeat that junk one more time...... and when I said that we should believe in what we see and therefore work to make lives better..... I meant that as in, we should focus on what we can see. Which is poverty, abuse, etc. We can see it and therefore we can see what we should fix. Not wait around for god to help. Believe in god if you want, but I'm going to continue not believing in him. End of discussion.
  • Truth M... VegoBabe 2012/01/01 03:26:20
    Truth Matters
    You got spanked on the facts and logical merits. Of course, Atheists never admit when proven wrong. Pride won't permit it.
  • VegoBabe Truth M... 2012/01/02 07:19:12
    VegoBabe
    Get over it.
  • Truth M... VegoBabe 2012/01/02 20:30:38
    Truth Matters
    Your silly Atheism got spanked. It was my pleasure
  • VegoBabe Truth M... 2012/01/03 08:22:32
    VegoBabe
    see your one of those catholic people that get on my nerves. I don't care if people believe in him or not, just as long as they don't go over the top about it: trying to force athiests to believe in god, or hating homosexuals because it isn't 'god's way'. As long as that isn't an issue with beliefs then be my guest, believe in god all you want....
  • Truth M... VegoBabe 2012/01/04 18:51:40 (edited)
    Truth Matters
    (fact) I'm not Catholic.

But Gee, thanks for allowing us to believe in God.
    Atheists Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Lenin, Pol Pot, Castro, Kim Jung, Ceaucescu forced Atheism on half the planet and slaughtered over 100 milllion people.

Fortunately, people like you enjoy human rights and freedom of conscience precisely because of Christianity - and despite the tyranny of Atheists and Islamists.

Wake up kid. You are being misled into a false understanding of reality.
  • Truth Matters 2011/12/13 14:54:28 (edited)
    Real
    Truth Matters
    +1
    There is much evidence to justify belief in God.

There is no evidence or arguments to justify belief that God doesn't exist. In fact, Atheism leads to absurdity when taken seriously to it's logical conclusions.

Almost everything you believe is based on evidence, experience and reason - not 'proof'. Very few true things can be absolutely proven. Instead we look at evidence and reason.

Vegobabe, From reading your comments, it's clear that you are confusing the behavior of people with God. The Bible is very clear that all people are sinners, nobody knows when the apocalypse will happen, many 'wolves in sheeps clothing' will deceive... Not everyone who makes a claim is telling the truth or has good motives. You cannot assume because somebody claims to be a Christian that the claim is authentic. Many people are dishonest and exploit the name of Christ to con people on TV or other charities. The Bible warns to watch out for the characters. They are everywhere. Lot's of sincere people get duped by these wolves.
  • Clay Sl... Truth M... 2011/12/13 20:15:15
    Clay Slayer
    Please give me a viable example of that evidence......WHAT? you cant???
  • Truth M... Clay Sl... 2011/12/13 20:50:06
    Truth Matters

Design: Specified ordered and integrated interdependencies aimed towards a third-purpose design objectives clearly infer intelligent agency. ‘Chance’ events within limited time-frames cannot rationally account for Design achievements No plausible Naturalistic mechanisms or explanations actually exist. Origin of radically sophisticated DNA information (software) driving molecular highly sophisticated molecular machines within each cell. Also, the design inference from irreducible complexity cannot ...

• Sprout 2011/12/13 14:09:19
    Real
    Sprout
    +1
    It's real if you believe,sometimes you don't need proof to believe in something.

2014/11/23 04:58:15