Giuliana and Bill Rancic Are Expecting a Baby Via Surrogate: Would You Ever Have a Baby That Way?

The Big Question 2012/04/24 00:58:29
Related Topics: Baby

• jOkEsOnYoU 2012/04/24 04:26:22
    jOkEsOnYoU
    +3
    I would adopt. I wouldn't go through all that trouble to bring yet another child into the world when I could be adopting a child who needs a good home.

• ✞Knight... Hula gi... 2012/04/24 18:46:09
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "Adoption isn't your child and if you want your child then it's not the same."
    -Wouldn't the woman still feel that way?

"With adoption your chance of a baby is near impossible and to get a new born which is a massive bonding time it's even harder."
    -How is it harder to bond?

"To adopt a child like you it's even rarer and most have to adopt in other countries now."
    -I wouldn't mind adopting from another country. I don't believe in racial superiority.

"With out of country adoption that child has a rougher time than your own child."
    -To an extent, but I don't see it being more problematic than surrogacy.
  • Hula gi... ✞Knight... 2012/04/24 19:12:07
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    It has nothing to do with racial superiority it has to do with wanting your own children not the children of others.

Why is it alright for them to have children and not you? They want their own child and that's what this give them even with the cancer.

Surragacy is their child. Their DNA that they know who and what that child came from. With adoption you have no family history of that child or their health problems.
  • ✞Knight... Hula gi... 2012/04/24 20:49:13
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "your own children not the children of others. "
    -It wouldn't be the wive's child.

"Why is it alright for them to have children and not you?"
    -It works for them because it doesn't bother that wife. I would never put a woman through something like that; an adopted child would be less obtrusive to a woman than having a child that is the result of her husband and another woman.

"Their DNA that they know who and what that child came from. With adoption you have no family history of that child or their health problems."
    -That is a fair point, but medical technology and records is consistently improving.
  • Hula gi... ✞Knight... 2012/04/24 20:51:33
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    It's his sperm and her egg so yes it's their child. She had her eggs extracted before the Chemo and most do.

My friends also had her eggs and his sperm. I guess you don't know much about it.
  • ✞Knight... Hula gi... 2012/04/24 21:04:25
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "It's his sperm and her egg so yes it's their child."
    -Most surgeries are only possible with the use of another woman's egg. If the woman was capable of conception, a surrogacy would usually be completely obsolete. Your friend had a rare case where it was possible to have both parents' DNA.

"My friends also had her eggs and his sperm. I guess you don't know much about it."
    -Of course I don't know much about your friend's surrogacy; am I expected to know everyone's personal information?
  • Meako ✞Knight... 2012/04/26 08:25:24
    Meako
    No you dont understand.... they use the husbands sperm and then the wives eggs.. they implant both of them inside the surrogate, the surrogate is ony like an oven, none of her dna is in the child.. She is just nurturing it and carrying it, but it does not have her DNA...

Its like this if a husband and wife made a cake at their house and they used all their ingredients, but they just needed your oven to bake it in.... get it?
  • ✞Knight... Meako 2012/04/26 15:50:34
    ✞Knight of Honor
    I understand what your friends did, but I was observing that most surrogacies occur because the wife doesn't have eggs that can be impregnated.
  • Meako ✞Knight... 2012/04/26 18:40:40
    Meako
    Then its not a surrogate... That would mean, someone else is having a baby for her.. that would be called a donor.
  • ✞Knight... Meako 2012/04/26 20:42:16
    ✞Knight of Honor
    No, here is the definition from wikipeida. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

"Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person. This woman, the surrogate mother, may be the child's genetic mother (called traditional surrogacy), or she may be genetically unrelated to the child (called gestational surrogacy)."

You are talking about gestational surrogacy only.
  • Lisa 2012/04/24 04:20:09
    Lisa
    +1
    only if I were unable to get pregnant like Giuliana. Actually, then I would adopt. There are probably many children out there who would appreciate a loving family and a warm bed.
  • kitkat42 2012/04/24 04:19:03
    kitkat42
    If that was the only way and I truly wanted a child, yes. I'm happy for them, they've been trying so hard and then her cancer, they deserve this good news. Its her egg and his sperm so it will, indeed, be their child.
  • RoseyRhod 2012/04/24 04:10:57
    RoseyRhod
    +2
    Absolutely not. I've always felt that if the Powers that Be want me to have a baby, I'd have one. Otherwise, I'd adopt. I was actually told that I couldn't have children, so my biological son was a surprise.
  • Hula gi... RoseyRhod 2012/04/24 05:52:06
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    It's her eggs, his sperm but she is going through chemo from cancer so she can't carry. It is their baby.
  • Stef and the City 2012/04/24 04:05:51
    Stef and the City
    +2
    If I was unable to have my own then I would adopt because there's so many babies and children who need loving homes.
  • Hula gi... Stef an... 2012/04/24 05:52:17 (edited)
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
  • Zervur 2012/04/24 01:17:21
    Zervur
    +3
    Seems wrong to me. There are so many kids who don't have parents.
  • Hula gi... Zervur 2012/04/24 05:53:34
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    So all parents shouldn't get pregnant and should just go get a homeless one? It's her eggs, his sperm but she is going through chemo from cancer so she can't carry. It is their baby.

Have you ever tried to adopt in this country? A baby? I bet not. You wait years and years and then get hopes dashed so your alternative is to adopt in another country where you don't know the childs culture.
  • Stef an... Hula gi... 2012/04/24 18:07:57
    Stef and the City
    +1
    Well somehow my parents managed to do it because I am adopted and I'm from this country.
  • Hula gi... Stef an... 2012/04/24 23:31:47
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Good for you but sorry that isn't so for so many so they have to go out of the country or wait years.

Do your parents also have children of their own?
  • Stef an... Hula gi... 2012/04/26 00:22:02
    Stef and the City
    Yes, they had two sons. They adopted me and they are fostering another boy.
  • Zervur Hula gi... 2012/04/24 22:40:09
    Zervur
    All opinion, no substance.
  • Hula gi... Zervur 2012/04/24 23:32:23
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    So having your own child isn't substance? Wow, don't ever have children.

2014/10/02 10:33:11