Girls Trying to Look Like Living Dolls: Sweet or Sick?

Little girls have always liked dolls ... but now, not-so-little girls may be liking them a little too much. As in, trying to turn themselves into living Barbies. According to The Daily Mail, teens who look like dolls are becoming Internet sensations, dispensing beauty tips to their legions of adoring fans.

According to the Mail, Dakota Rose (known to her fans as Kota Koti) has been called a real-life Barbie due to her big eyes and doll-like lips and complexion. Kota silently gives fashion and beauty tutorials on YouTube, while subtitles explain her makeup and style tips. (Get it? Dolls don't talk!)

Another "living doll," known as Venus Angelic, also gives tutorials. A Bolivian newspaper, Opinion.com.bo reported: "Thousands of girls around the world have shown interest in this girl, wanting to look like her." We don't know about you, but this seems like a pretty disturbing trend to us. Do you think it's healthy for girls to aspire to look like dolls? Or totally sick?

• Stef an... LukeC 2012/04/03 17:14:30
    Stef and the City
    +2
    I like it better than the orange spray tans and rat's nests on top of their heads that girls and young women were doing this past year while trying to imitate Snooki from Jersey Shore.
  • EllЕ Stef an... 2012/04/03 20:01:56 (edited)
    EllЕ
    +2
    After I read this topic, I researched this trend & as I see it's came from Japan.
    girls/women trying to have more "innocent", "childish", "doll like" look, by using make up, fake eyelashes & contact lenses. In the most extreme cases they dressing up very Halloween like - mix of Victorian & "alise wonderland" clothes.
    First girl lives in US, when she uses this dolly look, she looks innocent & cute, but I seen her pictures with other look (pirsings, white bleached hair, slut style make up & clothes, etc) I think dolly look is much better for any teen, than that slut style. ))
    Second girl lives in Japan & she goes to the extreme with her clothes. ))
  • Stef an... EllЕ 2012/04/04 02:53:32
    Stef and the City
    +1
    I'm going to look this up for myself now since I'm intrigued. Thanks for the cool info ELLE! :)
  • EllЕ Stef an... 2012/04/04 15:59:15 (edited)
    EllЕ
    +1
    Welcome. )
    Koreans don't have as much extreme as Japanese with clothing.
    But they often use "dolly" eyelashes & contacts to get this look without dressing like dolls:
    http://www.candylens.com/prod...

japanese clothing dolly eyelashes contacts dressing dolls httpwww candylens comprod

• LukeC Stef an... 2012/04/04 04:07:49
    LukeC
    +1
    Yeah thats the look that took a hit on my interest in women past few years, before that we had the spicer look going, which is a bit like dolly look with a bit of I dont know punk or something thrown in. Girls back then were a serious turn on
    spicer girl
    Over in Ireland that look wasnt an emo thing, just regular girl while it lasted, now its emo, and not as attractive :/
  • Stef an... LukeC 2012/04/04 04:20:52
    Stef and the City
    I still like that look, it's cute.
  • LukeC Stef an... 2012/04/04 04:29:11
    LukeC
    +1
    Spread the word, lets get it back :L
  • Xaerris 2012/04/03 06:41:41
    Sweet
    Xaerris
    I think it's cute
  • YOMOMMA 2012/04/03 06:40:48 (edited)
    Sweet
    YOMOMMA
    +1
    If they do it with make up... It would be sick to get plastic surgery to look like a doll.
  • Stef an... YOMOMMA 2012/04/03 17:12:55
    Stef and the City
    +1
    I totally agree with you. If you can do that with make-up why wouldn't you? That's freakin' talent. Maybe they'll get into make-up artistry someday and do something useful with their skills.
  • Dzeeng 2012/04/03 05:19:27
    Sweet
    Dzeeng
    it'ssweet for some girls not all of them
  • q.a.t 2012/04/03 04:55:47
    Sweet
    q.a.t
    +2
    It’s sweet for some girls not all of them.
  • Sick
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷTisdragonflyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    not healthy Barbie is A Dollie mommy and daddy are forgetting to tell children what is real and what is not. There is a sickness in this barbie does not eat therefore she can not gain weight, a child can, child does not need to wear make up. There for she should not grow up to fast and act like barbie, there is perverts in the world sick not fair and its not right but the kids must be kids take the make up away, stand them in a corner and throw barbie out if she is that big of a problem. Make em' play with cars or something else. They will learn pretty quick who is mommy and who is the baby pretty fast.. Totally uncalled for should not even happening.
  • ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪ 2012/04/03 03:27:04
    Sick
    ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪
    Not necessarily sick, but Creepy in my opinion. Especially The second Girl.
  • CodeBlonde 2012/04/03 03:06:18
    Sweet
    CodeBlonde
    +1
    it's not really sweet or sick, it's just another make up trend & not a big deal in my eyes.
  • KANKY 2012/04/03 02:50:47
    Sweet
    KANKY
    +2
    if that is what really makes them happy then i see no problems with it,
  • william keegan 2012/04/03 02:21:12
    Sweet
    william keegan
    +2
    I don't think either offered answer is satisfactory.

I think that as long as anyone does not mutilate themselves anyone can look like they want to! If someone is comfortable with their looks it is none of my business. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If a person looks in a mirror and is satisfied with themselves - Great!
  • Human4Dignity 2012/04/03 02:16:13
    Sick
    Human4Dignity
    “I want a soul mate who can sit me down, shut me up, tell me ten things I don’t already know, and make me laugh. I don’t care what you look like, just turn me on. And if you can do that, I will follow you on bloody stumps through the snow. I will nibble your mukluks with my own teeth. I will do your windows. I will care about your feelings. Just have something in there.”
    ― Henry Rollins
  • nikki 2012/04/03 01:14:46
    Sick
    nikki
    fakkkeeeeeee
  • becca 2012/04/03 01:11:17
    Sick
    becca
    Wait a minute that second girl isnt trying to look like a doll -_- Her name is VenusAngelic shes a swedish who lives in japan and does fashion tutorials for japanese style but thats not a doll tutorial she just does her make-up like that!!!
  • Cellar Door 2012/04/03 01:08:27
    Sweet
    Cellar Door
    +2
    They can do whatever they want to and look however they want to. If they feel that's who they truly want to be, then who are we to try to stop them? I personally love how some girls can look so much like a doll.. I know I can't, haha. :s
  • Greatkibble 2012/04/03 00:39:29
    Sick
    Greatkibble
    Yea it's sickening imo. Should I really explain why?

I wasn't born human to mate with inanimate-lookalike objects.
  • animangaroo 2012/04/02 23:58:31
    Sick
    animangaroo
    +2
    this is very disturbing to me. while these girls do look beautiful, you must also admit that it is frightening to think about how they contort their bodies into such a way that they look like dolls. i can see the arguement from both sides as wanting to look beautiful and perfect, like in Scott Westerfeld's novels contained in the UGLIES series, but in the end, the damage has already been done. it is not these girls fault for being born naturally pretty, but they should not be applying so much makeup as to look like a doll.
  • nomnomn... animang... 2012/04/03 15:38:27
    nomnomnom666
    +3
    hun. its just makeup.
    grudge
  • animang... nomnomn... 2012/04/03 19:48:13 (edited)
    animangaroo
    +4
    I was in a kmart bathroom giving a makeup lesson to a group of girls a few years younger than me. I told them to wipe off all of the makeup they had applied to their faces. After ten minutes of vigourous scrubing with water and soap the dirty paper towls were strewn across the floor and sink. I told them to each look at their pile of paper towels. I said "THAT was on your face" then i told them to look in the mirrors and find something natural about themselves that they liked. Not to focus on what they didnt like, but what they DID. And then i left them there after they took their makeup and threw it in the trash
  • animang... animang... 2012/04/04 02:01:28
    animangaroo
    +2
    so now does anyone have anything else to say?
  • nomnomn... animang... 2012/04/05 14:12:42
    nomnomnom666
    and yea.
  • nomnomn... animang... 2012/04/05 14:12:28
    nomnomnom666
    uh, you had NO right to do that its their face not yours
  • animang... nomnomn... 2012/04/05 17:17:50
    animangaroo
    +1
    they looked like complete whores.
  • nomnomn... animang... 2012/04/05 21:54:33
  • nomnomn... animang... 2012/04/05 21:55:32
    nomnomnom666
    And youre 14, do you even know the difference between foundation and cover up yet?
  • animang... nomnomn... 2012/04/05 22:06:42
  • nomnomn... animang... 2012/04/05 22:18:44
    nomnomnom666
    First off, little girl, Paramore is terrible. Secondly, I'm a VERY gay make-up-intelligent man, I know what I'm talking about. No, you wernt in your right place, if the ;little 13 year olds want to look like Nicki, thats their problem, and theyll learn one day on their own whether they look "good" or not. Thats still not your place to say. There are girls who I think look like ugly fake whores, but thats their problem, not mine, its never my place to say whether I think they look good or not, because thats completely up to them. YOU are being the bitch trying to tell people what to do with their money, their make-up, and their face. -_-
  • animang... nomnomn... 2012/04/05 22:29:30
  • nomnomn... animang... 2012/04/08 18:18:42
    nomnomnom666
    hun. i was a bulimic cutter for what... 3 years? its not that hard to deal with all you have to do is just meditate on what you do and don't need in your life and not to be rude but if its really that hard of a time for you you definitely dint need to be going on the internet and telling people they are wrong for standing up for a group of people that deserve to dress and style themselves the way they want to. and just because your claiming to be going through a hard time right now i'm going to end this right here, but if it was you should have better (and frankly more important) things to do with your life than this.
  • MiinaNiemi03 2012/04/02 23:49:59
    Sick
    MiinaNiemi03
    +2
    Sick, weird and just plain creepy.
  • SceneQueen❤Rose+Rachel❤ 2012/04/02 23:35:25
    Sick
    SceneQueen❤Rose+Rachel❤
    +3
    wheres the "creepy" button?!?! cuz its creepy!!
  • Massaro1150 2012/04/02 23:34:25
    Sweet
    Massaro1150
    +1
    Since they are so young it looks adorable---but anyone see Whatever happened to Baby Jane???
  • assbuttsoup 2012/04/02 23:23:31 (edited)
    Sick
    assbuttsoup
    I clicked the wrong one. I think it looks very nice, I should get some of this makeup. Not plastic surgery, that would be.. um.. no. But that looks good.
  • Hugh 2012/04/02 23:12:05
    Sick
    Hugh
    +2
    Nearly as bad as being a fan of Kim Kardashian.

2014/07/31 19:48:11