Gay Student Faces Expulsion For Firing Stun Gun At Bullies

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/05/02 20:48:43
Darnell "Dynasty" Young, a 17-year-old gay student at Arsenal Tech High School in Indianapolis, Ind., is facing possible expulsion after he fired a stun gun at bullies he claims were about to beat him up,

Read More: Video:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/02/darnell-dynasty-youn...

• Brandi Angela 2012/05/03 03:31:23
    Brandi Angela
    +6
    Guess what? That is what happens when a school refuses to put the bullying to a stop. At least he brought the stun gun to school as a manner of protection and not a gun intending to shoot those kids. He didn't even fire the stun gun at the students directly it says he fired it in the air to scare them off. If his school isn't going to protect him who is supposed to? What was it going to take for the school to step up? Him getting beaten so badly he needed to go to the hospital?

• Megz 2012/05/05 14:01:53
  • justnotsaying (: 2012/05/04 08:02:20
    justnotsaying (:
    +2
    Bullies are more protected, but good for him though. I hope this gives courage to other bully victims to start carrying weapons. That's better than committing suicide.
  • dchocqueen 2012/05/04 05:35:15
    dchocqueen
    +4
    I think our student need to do something to protect themselves since it seems as though the schools are afraid to get involve. To many of our young people are being bullied and no one is helping, so protect yourself.
  • vinone 2012/05/03 12:40:48
    vinone
    +2
    He's blamed for being openly gay? That doesn't even make sense.... What if this was just a smart teachers pet? Are they blamed for being openly smart and a teachers pet?
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/05/03 09:01:53
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +2
    He did what he had to do. At least it was a stun gun and not a Glock. This is what bullying has become in schools. The days of the fat kid holding you up for your milk money are over. Bullying has become a criminally violent act that is ignored by teachers and encouraged by parents who say "Oh, well it's just part of growing up."

I say good for this kid, who figured out that in the end, no one will stick up for you but you and understood that his own survival outweighed society's foolish consequences. He didn't want to kill or cause permanent harm, which is why he chose a stun gun. He just wanted to be left alone.
  • venus 2012/05/03 05:04:13
  • Undead Little Red 2012/05/03 03:43:04 (edited)
    Undead Little Red
    +4
    Thing is he didn't even shoot it AT any one. They surrounded him and he shoots it in the air to scare them off. If the school was REALLY doing its job he wouldn't have even needed to bring the stun gun in the 1st place. Where the hell is the zero tolerance policy ruling?? I didn't know being "openly gay" gave people a right to bully you and a school to ignore it and side with the ignorant people spreading hate.
  • Brandi Angela 2012/05/03 03:31:23
    Brandi Angela
    +6
  • Anthony Souls 2012/05/03 00:58:27
    Anthony Souls
    +2
    I say, mace them as well, sigh.

Take care, :)
  • peaches 2012/05/02 22:49:04
    peaches
    +4
    Seriously? It's called self-defense. If you've tried every other option, you have to stand up for yourself in some way.
    +4
    In every case related in the article, the actions of the school show the intolerence of being ones self and the bullies get off scot free.

It is a wonder more children who are bulied don't bring real guns to school and kill the bullies.

The school in Young's case is totally at fault because they ignored a problem and refused to do anything about it. I hope the woman gets the ACLU to back her up.
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/05/02 22:06:03
    Inquisitve Kat
    +3
    I hardly think this was fair... the bullies weren't dealt with. He TRIED other measures. What else was he supposed to do?
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/05/02 21:25:32
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +3
    Guns and schools do not mix. Ever. However, when you read the article it states school officials were aware of the problem and did what they often do which is ignore the problem. If I was in charge I would suspend any officials who knew about the problem for a week without pay, the young man who pulled the gun would get a weeks detention as would the bullies.
  • Beat Ma... Chris- ... 2012/05/03 09:04:44
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    The young man gets a week, the bullies get expelled.
  • Chris- ... Beat Ma... 2012/05/03 09:16:41
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    Even better. :)
  • strange_armour 2012/05/02 21:23:20
    strange_armour
    +3
    This is just another example of Americans being subjected to a campaign to encourage them to give up, shut up and allow themselves to be trod upon. Darnell should be rewarded instead of being expelled, but that would imply that it is wrong to bully people - which is not the message.
  • sockpuppet 2012/05/02 20:56:32
    sockpuppet
    +3
    If they actually WERE throwing rocks, etc. at him, they had it coming... big time. Might be a good warning to other bullies, everywhere: PEOPLE AREN'T GOING TO PUT UP WITH IT ANYMORE.
  • Jacksane 2012/05/02 20:54:40
    Jacksane
    +5
    If a group of individuals are threatening you physically, retaliation is justified. I say give this kid a medal.
  • Anthony... Jacksane 2012/05/03 00:59:06
    Anthony Souls
    Should of mace their asses as well. If I knew I would get expelled for self-defense, I would of made it worth it.

Take care,
  • XCloudPandaX 2012/05/02 20:53:47
    XCloudPandaX
    +2
    i dont think that was fair. he has all the right to use the tazer if he thinks his life is in danger.
  • Queen B 2012/05/02 20:52:04
    Queen B
    +4
    How ironic is it that he attends Arsenal Tech High School?
  • sockpuppet Queen B 2012/05/02 20:57:16
    sockpuppet
    +2
    Went right by me... nice catch! :O)

2014/08/02 04:43:45