Former Bee Gee Robin Gibb in coma - please pray for him and his family.

Civic Minded 2012/04/16 15:54:28
This short report on the condition of former Bee Gee Robin Gibb is very similar to what happened a year ago when my sweet son, Bill, lost his life. Bill had Crohn's Disease and was operated on in mid-February for a bowel obstruction. It had been about 11 years since his first surgery for the same reason. The difference between the first and second surgeries, 11 years apart, was that he was treated before, during and after surgery with steroids to stop the inflammation in his intestines. He recovered from the surgery in 2000, but not the one in February 2011. Doctors have determined that the patient will heal faster without the steroids than with them - well, imho, only if they survive the surgery and do not have further inflammation! In my son's case, the inflammation raged on and Bill went septic. So two weeks after his surgery in mid-February 2011 he was back in surgery. Shortly thereafter he contracted pneumonia. Each day he lost ground until he was in a coma (largely drug induced, I think) and he died a week after the last surgery at the age of 32.

Hundreds of prayers went up for Bill, I have no doubt. The outcome was not what we hoped for, but I do believe that Bill's soul is in Heaven. Robin Gibb and his family could surely use prayers at this time. May God bless and keep Robin and be a comfort to him and his family.

NOTE: I just learned that Robin Gibb is fighting colon and liver cancer in addition to the pneumonia. My earlier thought that this was Crohn's is incorrect.

Visit this link to read the short report on Robin Gibb:
http://news.yahoo.com/robin-gibb-coma-pneumonia-hospital-2212...

• ray 2012/04/16 16:47:06
    ray
    +7
    Sorry , was distracted , of course a prayer for Robin Gibb will be sent.
    Along with Prayer for You, your son , your family.
    What a wonderful unselfish post , to ask for prayers for others to spare them the anguish you endure.

• baxter 2012/04/17 22:46:44
    baxter
    +3
    I HOPE HE PULLS THREW HE IS A GOOD SINGER AND HIS CHILDREN WILL MISS HIM AND HIS WIFE WILL AND ALL THE REST OF THE FAMILY
  • jule-sy 2012/04/17 16:54:38
    jule-sy
    +2
    I've always loved the Bee Gees music and was greatly saddened when the first and youngest brother of the clan, Andy passed away quite a few years ago. I learned that the twin brother of Robin's, Maurice passed 2 years or so ago, so that leaves the oldest brother Barry. Hopefully though Robin will recover. An article posted the other day said he is 65 years old and is near death but I hope that part isn't the case.
  • Sheila 2012/04/17 14:31:37
    Sheila
    +1
    That is a shame. I am also sorry that his suffering brings you back to a hard place to go!! You are in my prayers daily my friend and I will add Robin as well.
  • Civic M... Sheila 2012/04/18 04:14:13
    Civic Minded
    +2
    Thank you, my sweet friend.
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/04/17 13:17:14
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +2
    Prayers being lifted for Robin and his family. I believe it was Maurice who died of complications from Crohn's Disease.
    I am including you and yours for comfort.
  • Civic M... Charu ∞... 2012/04/18 04:18:06
    Civic Minded
    +2
    Thank you, Nana. I have gone through a number of stages. My grieving changes. We are about to sign the deed to our son's house over to a buyer and will close that door one last time. It's still hard to let go, but God has a plan for each of us. The prayers are greatly appreciated. The Gibb family especially needs to be uplifted. God bless you!
  • Charu ∞... Civic M... 2012/04/18 04:24:15
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    I understand Civil thestages and the hard part of letting go as I have experienced it my life a couple of times but never with my child, I can only imagine your pain. :(
  • lin sugar lips 2012/04/17 12:39:40
    lin sugar lips
    +2
    Civic We all know Your Bill is in Heaven and he is healed. All our prayers were heard for Bill. It is sad to hear about Robin Gibbs Loved the Bee Gees.... Thoughts and prayers goes out to him and his Family!!! Robin Gibbs
  • Civic M... lin sug... 2012/04/18 04:21:49
    Civic Minded
    +2
    Hi, lin! Yes, Bill is definitely alive and well in Heaven. With all the loss in the Gibb family, I know they will benefit from all the prayers. Thank you.
  • lin sug... Civic M... 2012/04/18 10:49:36
    lin sugar lips
    You are so welcome my dear friend!
  • Marlow ~ Let There Be Light 2012/04/17 12:10:08
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +3
    May God help Gibb. He sounds like he's in bad shape. My continued prayers for you and your son Civic.
  • Civic M... Marlow ... 2012/04/18 04:22:35
    Civic Minded
    +1
    Thanks, Marlow. God bless!
    +4
    Thanks for the info, sad to hear. The Bee Gees were truly a phenomena in the 1970s. I met Robin Gibb in the late 1960s in San Diego. I was driving through the Mission Bay area, where many vacation hotels are located, and I picked up a hitchhiker. He had an Australian accent and I asked him what he did. He told me his name and said he sang with a group, the Bee Gees. I hadn't heard of them as they were still relatively unknown at the time, but I later read that he had been detained in San Diego on a marijuana possession charge.
  • Civic M... Ken 2012/04/17 01:11:59
    Civic Minded
    +3
    Interesting, Ken. People cross paths in various ways. We share mortality in common and by humbly serving the needs of one another we serve the Lord. This is a good time to remember that we cannot know how long anyone has on this earth and should not take anyone for granted.
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/04/16 21:47:35
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    Thanks for the share Civic. My thoughts and prayers for you and the Gibb family.
  • Civic M... tommyg ... 2012/04/17 01:06:57
    Civic Minded
    +2
    You are very kind. Thank you for your prayers and for keeping the Gibb family especially in prayer at this difficult time.
  • Mrs. maggot 2012/04/16 21:14:47
    Mrs. maggot
    +1
    Yes I wll and for you and your family as well.
  • Civic M... Mrs. ma... 2012/04/17 01:06:15
    Civic Minded
    +1
    Thank you, dear Mrs. maggot!
  • betz 2012/04/16 20:40:43
    betz
    +3
    How kind of you to post this question S. I did hear about Robin Gibbs and with your gentle nudging I will say special prayers.
  • Civic M... betz 2012/04/17 01:05:54
    Civic Minded
    +1
    Thanks, betz. Turns out he is battling colon and liver cancer. It's still possible that it began with Crohn's, but I don't know for sure. Regardless, the family and Robin need our prayers. Thank you.
  • Boris Badinov 2012/04/16 19:09:39
    Boris Badinov
    +3
    Yes, of course..
  • Wanda5245 - Citizen Activis... 2012/04/16 17:47:03
  • Picasso's Cat 2012/04/16 17:11:42
    Picasso's Cat
    +4
    I love the BeeGee's music, always will.
  • Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR 2012/04/16 16:59:21 (edited)
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +5
    So very sad he and his family are truly in my prayers . His twin brother died from the same thing that Robin has. And dear Civic I am so truly sorry for the loss of your Son. One of my best friends lost her son the same way 6 rs. ago. So I know what you have gone through and my dear friend's Son died at the same age as yours 32. You will be in my prayers also dear and how kind of you to put up this post you have a loving heart. God bless and know your son is looking down on you from above. prayers for healing  prayers for healing  prayers for healing
  • Civic M... Cindy64... 2012/04/17 01:04:11
    Civic Minded
    +2
    Thank you, Cindy. I just discovered that I was mistaken about Gibb's illness. He has colon and liver cancer, now complicated with pneumonia. Being in England, it's a very bad prognosis. I didn't realize he had a twin brother. What was the illness that he died from? Crohn's patients are at high risk of getting colon cancer. Just wondering.
  • Cindy64... Civic M... 2012/04/17 03:41:46
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +2
    Well what I have read it may not of been Crohn's but he did have colon illness and what I have read oh how he died.......his his twin brother...Maurice Gibb 53-year old at the time his Doctors discovered a twisted section in his small intestine. Before the operation Gibb reportedly went into cardiac arrest, which weakened his condition. After surgery to remove the damaged section of intestine, Gibb died a few days later. I had thought so too it was Crohn's..... but I do know this they had both had colon problems in both of their life!! Yes so sad about Robin Gibb.
    +4
    Man the Gibb family has had it rough over the years - Best of luck Robin
  • Civic M... Mike 2012/04/17 00:52:44
    Civic Minded
    +1
    Thanks for the song. It's a beautiful memory.
  • ray 2012/04/16 16:47:06
    ray
    +7
  • Civic M... ray 2012/04/17 00:46:53
    Civic Minded
    +1
    Thank you, ray. I understand quite well what it is like. Bless you.
  • Maria 2012/04/16 16:45:51
    Maria
    +5
    Prayer done send...
  • beachbum 2012/04/16 16:34:33
    beachbum
    +7
    I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your son.........and, yes, I am sure you will see him again - what a reunion that will be for you.

I had heard Gibb was sick, but knew nothing about what was/is going on - thanks for sharing. Will keep him and his family in my prayers.
  • Civic M... beachbum 2012/04/17 00:46:02
    Civic Minded
    +2
    Glad to hear you are praying for him and his family. Thank you!

2014/10/22 21:26:07