For 22 years I have had many sparrows and squirrels to feed,they have disappeared,What think ye?

Sister Jean 2012/07/27 17:10:47
Related Topics: Squirrel, Years, Year

• Huki68 2012/07/27 22:20:42
    it's
    Huki68
    +1
    Sad....
  • Anthony Souls 2012/07/27 19:47:20
    I think
    Anthony Souls
    The animals got departed by man or killed by man.

But, ironically, I saw a rabbit in a park over here, and I never see rabbits around here.

Take care,
  • cjd 2012/07/27 19:32:55
    it's
    cjd
    +1
    the weather
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/07/27 18:56:17
    I think
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    They are all in my backyard. lol
  • Missile 2012/07/27 18:45:57
    I think
    Missile
    +1
    It may be the racoon, thats a real pity, it's lovely to have wildlife so close.
  • Sister ... Missile 2012/07/27 18:47:40
    +1
    I miss them
  • Missile Sister ... 2012/07/27 18:50:10
    Missile
    +1
    I completely understand that, it's very furstrating when you can't know for sure why they are gone and can't fix the problem, my heart goes out to you.
  • just some random guy 2012/07/27 18:20:35
  • S. Gompers 2012/07/27 18:05:21
    I think
    S. Gompers
    +1
    If you are being affected by the drought, is there any water out for them?
  • Sister ... S. Gompers 2012/07/27 18:25:35
    +1
    no,I have water out for them daily
  • bill.fife.3 2012/07/27 17:58:53 (edited)
    I think
    bill.fife.3
    +1
    Several theories. I've been in this Centr. FL rural neighborhood for 29 years and have seen some things come and go, others nearly disappear and others just keep on like nothing is wrong.

Wrens, cardinals and crows seem especially hardy but there seems to be a reduced diversity over what I remember. I used to hear robins call but now except for the annual migration never see a single one. The Squirrel Tree Frog has a distinctive sharp call I would hear after a rain then one year it was just silent. More than a full decade went by then the sound returned. Much of that seemed to coincide with an abandoned swimming pool that was taken over by frogs for better than a year. But I can only guess, and the frequency is nowhere near what it was originally.

The Banana Spiders were never a favorite but neither were they any threat, moving slowly and keeping to themselves. But again their diminishing numbers in my wooded back lot is unexplained unless the loss of several large trees has made it too brightly lit for their liking. I do still see them in deeper woods, just not as frequently as I once did.

Humans right now are the single biggest cause of environmental change and the number of species going extinct every week worldwide is now estimated as high as the thousands. What we are doing...

Humans right now are the single biggest cause of environmental change and the number of species going extinct every week worldwide is now estimated as high as the thousands. What we are doing to our planet could well already be past repair. Extinction is forever and for the first time in all of earth's history a global Mass Extinction is a human-caused one. I wish I had more encouraging news.
  • kevracer 2012/07/27 17:56:45
    it's
    kevracer
    +1
    predators
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2012/07/27 17:15:02
  • Beck∞♥☮♫♫♫∞ 2012/07/27 17:13:40
    it's
    Beck∞♥☮♫♫♫∞
    +1
    the squirrles i agree with totally. we hardly have any a few grays now...NO REDS!!! what happened to the red squirrel?
    And but we have alot of sparrows...maybe its been to hot where you are Sister? Or maybe a preditor is around.
  • Sister ... Beck∞♥☮... 2012/07/27 17:14:52
    +1
    there is a racoon
  • Beck∞♥☮... Sister ... 2012/07/27 17:17:59
    Beck∞♥☮♫♫♫∞
    +1
    hmmm he could be eatting what ever your putting out for the others or Zuggi could be right...a cat as well will run them off.
  • Zuggi 2012/07/27 17:12:05
    I think
    Zuggi

2014/04/23 10:08:46