Family History?

Cheerios 2012/09/11 03:19:58
Tell me about yours! details please.

Mine:

So, we've got these poor farmers in Vietnam, all these Europeans, slaves, and indians to start mine out.

The french/welsh/irish Canadian guys who came here for fur trading started intermarrying with all kinds of Indians, for years and are the main ancestor of Adora.
Then we get to Hoang Duc Nguyen and his girl Lixue Thi Diep (who is 3/4 chinese). They have kids (Jin Thi Nguyen+ Dinh Duc Nguyen) and they decide to come to America. Meanwhile in the Caribbean there's this french irish welsh/indian girl named Adora (she's always liked 'chino' guys). Her family takes her to Hawaii for vacation.
Now, if you're coming the short way from Asia, the first American ground you'll get on is Hawai'i. So this is where the Nguyen brother and sister are. And Adora is there on vacation and she sees Dinh and decides to stay because she loves him (aww). So, Dinh has fallen in love with this Hawaiian girl named Pualani Keahola and eventually has 3 kids by her but she then runs off w/ them and is never seen again.
Over time Dinh and Adora meet and fall in love and they have 4 kids (my dad's oldest) and move to Michigan.

Then on the other side we have a young man from Georgia and a pretty lady from Detroit who get married when he comes up here to work for Ford. They have one child late but want another one. A white friend of the family is very young and has a child by a black guy. And the two newly married people adopt this baby who is my Mom.
Adora and Dinh's baby is Dad and my Mom is the other :)
Long story sorry, but you tell a long one too.

• Tee Quake 2012/09/11 06:18:04
    Tee Quake
    +1
    I was first dropped here from an inter-spacial pod.
  • Cheerios Tee Quake 2012/09/12 01:54:57
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/09/11 04:42:55
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    I have never done my family history and know very little about mine. I know that my grandparents were lock in side a trailer and it was set on fire. That was on my mother side and I was 3 when my father left my mother.
  • TheGreatEscape 2012/09/11 03:28:01
    TheGreatEscape
    +1
    Other than my parents and grandparents on my Dad's side, I do not really know much.
    My Dad is also a doctor and he is in general practice in Omaha (I am originally from Nebraska myself). My mother is a homemaker, but she volunteers quite a bit.

My grandfather is retired but used to be a stone mason and my grandmother (also retired) used to be a school teacher.

2014/10/20 23:13:35