Fake Pot Has Same Effect As Marijuana: Should K2 Be Outlawed?

Lana 2010/02/18 02:07:33
Yes! K2 should be illegal!
No, K2 is harmless.
There is a new drug on the street and it's called K2. It has the same effect as Marijuana and it's becoming increasingly popular. But what makes it so desirable?

It's perfectly legal.

K2 is a spice or herb that is sprayed with a chemical similar to the THC found in Marijuana. The effect of K2 is nearly identical to that of Marijuana. Users can even roll it up or smoke it from pipes. The ingredients are not regulated in the United States and the drug is currently enjoying a legal status. Besides getting a "high," K2 also doesn't show up on any drug tests.

The sudden boom of K2 has many lawmakers worried, including representatives from Missouri and Kansas. Both Rep. want to pass legislation that would immediately outlaw the drug and prohibit it from being sold in stores (which it can be). The proposed legislation would make possession of K2 a felony.

Do you think K2 should be made illegal?

Read More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35444158/ns/health-add...

• marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2010/02/18 03:19:35 (edited)
    No, K2 is harmless.
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +12
    just another thing that wont be taxed heavily.

I was a avid marijuana consumer and would still be if i wasnt looking for another job because i got laid off. The drug smugglers are making billions because of the stupidity of the government, LEGALIZE IT! TAX IT! and hey maybe the tens of millions of consumers might bail out the country.

We the American marijuana consumers want the chance to do our part to help the economy, just give us the chance.

I don't have a clue about this product, so until someone figures out if it's deadly or not, restrict the sale to adults over 21. Regarding marijuana in general, we are just too damn stupid to figure out that: A. We can't control it. B. We spend millions chasing and prosecuting it. C. Our archaic laws allow this issue to absolutely ruin the lives of otherwise good hardworking people. D. Big Liquor is too stupid to invest in legalization(Might hurt booze sales). E. The government won't admit this is a war they've lost. F. The taxes on the sale of it would go a long way towards erasing a deficit we all created. G. It's easier for a minor to get pot than hard liquor. H. Big tobacco is already beat up by lawsuits and won't risk embarrassment of supporting legalization. I. We are just too damn stupid and stubborn to recognize the medical benef...

I don't have a clue about this product, so until someone figures out if it's deadly or not, restrict the sale to adults over 21. Regarding marijuana in general, we are just too damn stupid to figure out that: A. We can't control it. B. We spend millions chasing and prosecuting it. C. Our archaic laws allow this issue to absolutely ruin the lives of otherwise good hardworking people. D. Big Liquor is too stupid to invest in legalization(Might hurt booze sales). E. The government won't admit this is a war they've lost. F. The taxes on the sale of it would go a long way towards erasing a deficit we all created. G. It's easier for a minor to get pot than hard liquor. H. Big tobacco is already beat up by lawsuits and won't risk embarrassment of supporting legalization. I. We are just too damn stupid and stubborn to recognize the medical benefits. Conclusion: Get a damn clue and figure this stuff out. Make some money on something you blow BILLIONS on to stop and take the violence out of the product from dealers and Mexico. Take it off the streets and put it in liquor stores with a tax stamp! Get over marijuana being a "gateway drug"! You've been wrong all this time just buck up and do the right thing, legalize marijuana.

• Paul 2011/06/20 04:58:30
  • Goku90504 2011/03/20 14:28:34
  • Aubree902 2010/09/15 12:22:48
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Aubree902
    +2
    No, but I wish people would be more careful. My friends were telling me about some sort of blueberry K2 incense and I googled it and found out it is counterfeit. Apparently there are only a few authentic blends so the list of fakes is scary long and they don't quite know what is in those, http://www.k2incense.org. It's worth checking out if you buy this or know someone who does. Stay safe.....
  • Kyra 2010/03/09 20:29:33
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Kyra
    I heard it's nothing like pot....not the same effects at all.
  • Michelle St. Claire 2010/03/09 03:12:46
    Yes! K2 should be illegal!
    Michelle St. Claire
    How have I not heard of this sooner?!
  • Michell... Michell... 2010/03/09 03:13:29
    Michelle St. Claire
    jk I chose the wrong one, it SHOULD be legal
  • Genevia Reinert 2010/03/03 03:06:03
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Genevia Reinert
    +3
    K2 is great in moderation! If there is a worry then put an age limit on it for buyers!!! Just like cigarettes and alcohol Limits is the key here people!!
  • Reaper 2010/02/23 20:17:46
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Reaper
    all the static about drugs is bu;ll its our bodies, how the hell did the government gain the ability to control our thoughts and preception of things, its my body if i want to over dose on something then let me. The govt. should not have any say in what we do with our bodies and should really think of legalizings drugs to make billions instead of wasting billions to fight it.
  • The Bantam Seditioner 2010/02/23 08:33:00 (edited)
    No, K2 is harmless.
    The Bantam Seditioner
    +1
    Freedom means letting people do what they want with their own lives and property, provided that they don't aggress against the person or property of anybody else. That's not to say that I think K2, or any other drug for that matter, is "harmless", it just means that people should have the freedom to choose what to put in their own bodies, assess the risks and consequences, and be responsible for any and all negative outcomes. Along with freedom comes responsibility.

To put it briefly, in my opinion, no consensual act between sentient adults should be illegal. Is that an extreme view? I guess so. But it's what this country was founded on and *once* stood for.
  • Nisa PinkySwear(*~*) 2010/02/22 00:02:32
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Nisa PinkySwear(*~*)
    +2
    fake pot...ok this is getting stupid..regualr pot shouldnt even be illegal
  • jimiwhitten 2010/02/22 00:01:55
    No, K2 is harmless.
    jimiwhitten
    +4
    I don't think Marijuana should be illegal - why is it the business of the government what I put in my body?
  • pdshanny 2010/02/20 20:17:14
    No, K2 is harmless.
    pdshanny
    +3
    We don't need anymore laws that can not be enforced. Why is it that the people who are against the government having power over us seem to be the same people who want more laws giving them power over us? Let's get rid of the laws on drug use we now have, not make more.
  • Leeaqua 2010/02/20 16:34:27
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Leeaqua
    +1
    Legalize and tax just like the most addictive drug on the market ( Nicotine ) .
  • Ozzgroth Leeaqua 2010/03/16 15:25:20
    Ozzgroth
    +1
    I agree with you on the legalization part but nicotine is not the most addictive or widely abused on the market it is caffeine. caffeine is addictive and when used in large quantities it is mind and mood altering which according to the gvt. (that wrote the book on drug use for the DRUG & ALCOHOL class i had to attend after being busted with some stems and seeds in a zip lock bag under the seat of my car) is what classifies a drug as a drug. which yes there were alot of people in the class that brought up cigarettes and alcohol.
  • Leeaqua Ozzgroth 2010/03/17 15:45:51
    Leeaqua
    Caffiene doesn't lead to emphysemia , cancer and painful excruciating death. And I don't see caffiene butts everywhere I look and caffiene wrappers and boxes littering the streets and sidewalks . The majority of smokers seem to be irrisponsible pigs !
  • Hannie 2010/02/19 21:52:16
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Hannie
    +1
    I really don't know what to say, is it addictive, will it cause any long term bodily harm? It should be okay if it is only legalized withing the perimeter of your own home, not to be in any sort of a public area to smoke it.
  • Gun665 2010/02/19 20:58:52
  • John Wayne 2010/02/19 17:45:00
    No, K2 is harmless.
    John Wayne
    +1
    Yes, I'll take an 1/8 of that chicory with a splash of THC.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2010/02/19 06:29:56 (edited)
    Yes! K2 should be illegal!
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    ANSWERED YES BY MISTAKE.......I THINK IT SHOULD BE LEGAL

Of course it should be legal. People get high on sugar too, but are we going to outlaw it. My feeling is that if it is found in nature and can be used without further processing then it's legal. And what I mean by further processing would be if you had to boil it down or refine it in some way.
  • Shelly 2010/02/19 05:30:05
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Shelly
    +1
    sure i guess so... but i have NEVER heard of K2
  • seldombites 2010/02/19 04:49:08
    Yes! K2 should be illegal!
    seldombites
    If it really does have the same effects as grass then it should be illegal.
  • gcruz30 2010/02/19 04:09:03
    No, K2 is harmless.
    gcruz30
    +2
    they should make marijuana legal, its good for cramps if nothing else and it makes skinny girls eat (hate skinny girls arrgh) (kidding)
  • brob1969 2010/02/19 02:40:56
    No, K2 is harmless.
    brob1969
    +3
    I don't know enough about it to comment on "harmless"; but I personally think the marijuana laws are ludicrous and cost the American taxpayer far too much; don't see why we need to throw any more funds down the toilet. Haven't we learned ANY lessons?
  • Waiting 2010/02/19 00:16:01
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Waiting
    You need more answer choices.

Criminalization is the the solution.
    http://www.sodahead.com/livin...
  • Vic 2010/02/19 00:11:37
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Vic
    +1
    I'm starting to think the drug dealers have lobbyists who bribe politicians to keep pot illegal.
  • icecubeman 2010/02/18 23:42:58
    No, K2 is harmless.
    icecubeman
    +3
    K2 if you say it dose this can be a very good option for many people. when you buy pot from street vendors you dont know what you are getting but if the government steps in and the FDA can get a hold of this this a very good option for people who use pot for madicinal remedys... And hay we all have some medical work that pot can fix XD
  • TopShelf® (oyo) 2010/02/18 23:36:27
    No, K2 is harmless.
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    forget k2.
    give me the real stuff.
    k2 harmless forget k2 real
  • Dagon 2010/02/18 23:35:41
  • Tom Harvey 2010/02/18 22:51:26
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Tom Harvey
    Weed is safer than alcohol and cigarettes and from what I've read, K2 is safer than weed, so why outlaw it?
  • Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012 2010/02/18 22:27:56
    No, K2 is harmless.
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +3
    The only choice you gave any responders, to your discussion is... illegal, or harmless? How is anyone on SH, qualified to determine if K2 is harmless?

That being said... Who cares what people do in the privacy of their own home, as long as it hurts no one else? We have laws to control civil behavior. If you drive while under the influence, you risk arrest. If you behave publicly, in an intoxicated manner, you risk arrest. We have enough laws in place to eliminate the fortune being lost on prohibitions, which have never worked!

I don't care what you put in your arm, lungs, or up your ass, in the privacy of your own home! (That's natures way of culling the herd.) I don't know if K2 is harmless, or not? However, it should be legal!

Your freedom ends, where mine begins, and vice-versa!
  • sam 2010/02/18 22:24:22
    Yes! K2 should be illegal!
    sam
    Legalizing drugs is assinine, we are stupid enough, why make things worse, we're behind on education, technology,..the drop out rate is staggering. as a father I don't want my kids to grow up with legal drugs and if you were a responsible parent you would'nt either, I lost alot of freinds to drugs and violence... No way, at least not while I'm alive.
  • Tom Harvey sam 2010/02/18 22:52:43
    Tom Harvey
    So you want to make alcohol and cigarettes illegal?
  • sam Tom Harvey 2010/02/18 23:28:35
    sam
    Don't debate me kid I lost 2 brothers 2 years apart both by drunk drivers my little brother was 10 and my oldest was 19...From drunks. 1976 and 78, It devestated my parents so much that our family got broken up, my siblings and I were all seperated we all went and lived with different relatives and I never saw my mother sober again...she died in 84 when I graduated high school..Yes I would make booze illegal if I could but it will never happen..And yes drugs are a dead end I could go on and tell you plenty of wonderful stories like this but I doubt you would care. I buried at least 10 freinds from drugs alone since I was 14 I'm 45 now I was raised in South Boston Mass, it has the number 1 suicide rate among teens right now...I seen it and lived it...and the pain never goes away.,So bottoms up my freind enjoy your life!
  • Tom Harvey sam 2010/02/18 23:32:05
    Tom Harvey
    Wasn't trying to start a debate, just wanted to ask the question because if your answer were no I would have told you some illegal drugs are safer
  • sam Tom Harvey 2010/02/18 23:49:05
    sam
    No drugs are safe! None! You're kidding yourself if you think so. You look like a young kid, I hope if your using you stop, your playing russian roulette, you may live your whole life and have nothing happen or maybe someday you'll be driving along smoking some weed and a little boy runs out in front of you trying to get a baseball, and you kill him, what would your excuse be then? I'm sorry I did'nt mean it! I won't do it again! Tell that to his parents, In the mean time people know better they just don't care until it effects them...Then its too late, My only hope is that when people do use drugs or drink and they get behind the wheel they kill themselves and nobody else, now tell me am I morbid and bitter..
  • Tom Harvey sam 2010/02/18 23:52:45
    Tom Harvey
    I didn't say they were dumbass! And yes, you are being morbid and bitter. Really doubt the kid would be getting a baseball anyway, I live in England.
  • sam Tom Harvey 2010/02/19 00:02:09
    sam
    your post says "I would have told you some illegal drugs are safer" And I have every right to be bitter. Those were your words Dumb Ass! Good luck in England with all he Muslims
  • Tom Harvey sam 2010/02/19 00:11:58
  • sam Tom Harvey 2010/02/19 00:30:27
    sam
    They're not safe or safer, and where did I write that I hated Muslims? You should learn to comprehend English and learn to capitalize proper nouns since you're trying to educate me on something you know absolutely nothing about. Drugs wether they are illegal or not are a dead end. There is no such things as safe drugs you little Geek.
  • Tom Harvey sam 2010/02/19 00:36:16
    Tom Harvey
    They are 'safer' seeing as they pose less of a risk. And you said good luck with all the muslims, like it was a bad thing that there were some in England

2014/07/31 07:32:39