Facebook's Stock Continues to Plummet: Should Mark Zuckerberg Step Down as CEO?

mrosen814 2012/08/20 19:00:00
Related Topics: Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg
As Facebook's stock price continues to hit new lows, some investors are questioning whether Mark Zuckerburg, Facebook's founder and CEO, is still suitable for the job.

A Los Angeles Times story quoted four such investors, who say "Zuckerberg should remain as a creative force, but the company should hire an experienced CEO to run things." What do you think? Should a more seasoned CEO replace Zuck?

MASHABLE.COM reports:
Should Mark Zuckerberg cede to some investors' demands and bring in a more seasoned exec as CEO?
reports mark zuckerberg cede investors demands seasoned exec ceo poll

Read More: http://mashable.com/2012/08/20/should-zuckerberg-s...

• Fef 2012/08/20 18:52:00
    No way! Everyone needs to chill out.
    Fef
    +12
    Nobody should have believed the stock price. I blame the investors and the market. Zuckerberg did an excellent job of creating value -- they mis-priced FB.

• voice_matters 2012/08/20 19:07:14
    No way! Everyone needs to chill out.
    voice_matters
    why is it libs who know nothing about business always post their ignorance
  • Fef 2012/08/20 18:52:00
    No way! Everyone needs to chill out.
    Fef
    +12
  • Lanikai Fef 2012/08/20 19:14:55
    I think he priced based on what he wanted, rather than going in and seeing what the market would do for him.

The facts about the profiles (less active members than assumed) did not help either.
  • Rebel [... Lanikai 2012/08/21 01:57:17 (edited)
    Rebel [SHP]
    I don't think Facebook set the price. I thought the price was determined by the market itself to start - in other words Wall Street.
  • Lanikai Rebel [... 2012/08/21 16:17:47
    +1
    The initial price was set by estimates based on what the owner of FB wanted. It came in at a "requested price per share" (sort of) and never hit the mark.

Zuck tried to blame the investment firm that handled the IPO for the poor rating, but later had to admit that at least a 25% share of FB account holders were bogus, probably more, and many many more than that were duplicate accounts, so it doesn't have to actual use that indicated the IPO price.

That is the summation we were given by my father in laws investment guy.
  • S* Fef 2012/08/21 01:36:29
    S*
    Could not agree more.
  • Franklin Fef 2012/08/22 13:55:44
    Franklin
    FB is guilty of telling lies about how many members they have ...Big Z was to busy campaigning for Obama to worry about the crimes he was sure he would get away with ...he needs to go to jail - LOL
  • voice_m... Fef 2012/08/22 14:26:46
    voice_matters
    the market created the value and the market allowed for the price to go down.
  • Diane Fef 2012/08/22 15:42:19
    Diane
    I don't agree with you on very many issues, but I do agree with you on this one.
  • SA 2012/08/20 18:40:09
    No way! Everyone needs to chill out.
    SA
    No way! Everyone needs to chill out.

2014/07/29 20:51:40