Facebook Tops 10 Most Hated Companies in America: Why Don't People Like Facebook?

Fef 2012/07/05 23:00:00
Lack of privacy
Disappointing IPO or financials
Haters gonna hate...
When your company has 800 million users, its success kind of speaks for itself. But the social networking giant Facebook also has its fair share of haters. In fact, Facebook ranks as the most hated company on the 10 Most Hated Companies in America published by 24/7 Wall St.

Facebook made its initial public offering (IPO) of stock last month. The offering and pricing had negative backlash and critics bad-mouthed the company for weeks. Mark Zuckerberg has done amazing things to grow the company and its revenues, but critics complain that the young CEO does little to publicly inspire his company's new shareholders.

Sometimes people will just hate popular and successful trends. The internet has a meme for that: Haters Gonna Hate. Is that the case for Facebook?

247WALLST.COM reports:
Facebook currently has more than 800 million users. Any company of this size is sure to have some detractors. Compared to other leading social media sites, however, Facebook has the lowest customer satisfaction score from the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
haters gonna hate

Read More: http://247wallst.com/2012/01/13/the-10-most-hated-...

• Samantha Ada Whi... 2012/07/06 16:06:23
    Samantha
    +1
    You have no way of knowing that your details are not being viewed, especially by government agencies.

Go to Youtube and then put in 'Alex Jones - Government Spying on Facebook and Twitter' There is much more on this to be found online.
  • Ada Whi... Samantha 2012/07/06 16:18:11
    Ada Whitmire
    Ok I am not a paranoid person worrying that the government spying on me, why would they waste their time spying one someone never gotten a ticket and it's not even registered to vote. Im more worried about hackers than the government.
    And I do know no one can view my info because I got onto facebook on my cousins account (with her permission) and looked myself up (she is not on my list) and I only saw my name.
  • Samantha Ada Whi... 2012/07/06 16:29:46
    Samantha
    +1
    NAIVE It isnt about YOU They are doing it to everyone. Try and use some imagination and learn about what is really going on in this world. How people think is important to the government for all sorts of reason - how to control the population. Im not paranoid, Im awake and not brainwashed. Im not going to try and convince you if you aren't aware of or interested in learning about reality.
  • Ada Whi... Samantha 2012/07/06 16:52:15
    Ada Whitmire
    Im sorry I wasnt calling you paranoid, I was just saying that IF this issue exsists it doesnt bother me but see this as no more than a conspiracy theory
  • Samantha Ada Whi... 2012/07/06 17:13:39
    Samantha
    +1
    Its not a conspiracy theory because it is known! You have no idea how the internet works. The site is constructed by someone so therefore they can control it. Im sorry but you really have not idea whatsoever
  • Ada Whi... Samantha 2012/07/06 21:11:54
    Ada Whitmire
    Yes but the guy who created Facebook doesnt work for the government does he? Because I dont think so. I know how the internet works
  • Samantha Ada Whi... 2012/07/07 19:56:22
    Samantha
    Go on youtube and look at " Alex Jones - Government Spying on Facebook and Twitter" You dont have to work for the government to be involved in their illegal activities especially if you earn millions or billions by allowing your services to be used in this way.
  • Ada Whi... Samantha 2012/07/07 20:24:02
    Ada Whitmire
    I don't know how to tell you this but that guy is a known conspiracy theorist. So he doesn't help you and your argument to prove this is not a conspiracy theory
  • Samantha Ada Whi... 2012/07/08 20:27:34
    Samantha
    LOL Alex Jones researches and proves with documentary evidence everything that he talks about. He speaks with respected scholars, academics, economists, ex agents, soldiers, scientists, writers etc who have done their own independent research and come to uncomfortable conclusions. You can find out a lot of what he says for yourself and he encourages people to do that on his show, rather than expect people to just take his word for it. So Im sorry to tell you this but you are the one who is totally brainwashed by the media, who is always branding him as a conspiracy theorist. All I can say is, you are totally blind and one of billions of sheep being controlled. I wish you the best of luck. You are going to need it.
  • Ada Whi... Samantha 2012/07/10 02:03:27
    Ada Whitmire
    Do you know how many " predictions" of his came true? Because by my count the number is far from impressive
  • Samantha Ada Whi... 2012/07/10 11:34:03
    Samantha
    A lot of them have come true and we are still waiting to see the outcomes of others, so your facts are wrong.

9/11 being an inside job isn't a prediction but proven. That event has been picked apart with a fine tooth comb. If you look at the evidence there is no other conclusion you can reach. You would have to be so blind not to see what is staring you in the face.

Like I said, you are brainwashed. You will happily take the microchip when the government offer it to you which some believe will represent the number/mark of the beast. I believe in God and Christ and an evil force, but Im not affiliated to a religion. Im just spiritual and I respect other peoples beliefs. Maybe all true religions are different paths to the same thing. The bible warns that the work of darker forces will be obvious and for all of us to see. Some will choose to go along with what is wrong and evil and others will choose the more difficult and painful path, which is to fight for what is right and for humanity.

I just pictured you skipping along to the FEMA Camp blissfully unaware.
  • Ada Whi... Samantha 2012/07/13 16:49:44
    Ada Whitmire
    You dont know me so please dont assume to know what and how I think. I believe that whatever will happen will happen although I dont believe in fate. I also do not like to assume or theorize about what may or may not happen. To put it simply I like to live in the moment and if a problem arises I will deal with it then but do not assume just because I live in the now that I dont plan or think of eventualities, I just dont let the "ifs" or "maybes" in life bother me, and that being said I would like to discontinue our conversation. I respect what you think so please return the favor.
  • Emily Barrington 2012/07/06 15:26:15
    Haters gonna hate...
    Emily Barrington
    Facebook is ok. Well, WAS ok, but then brought timeline and ads into it and messed it all up.
  • JS 2012/07/06 15:05:16
    Haters gonna hate...
    JS
    Get off Facebook & come to SodaHead if you feel there is a lack of privacy, where you can chose what information is revealed.
  • MorganRae 2012/07/06 15:03:30
    Haters gonna hate...
    MorganRae
    I don't like Facebook, never have. It's just a waste of time.
  • Pinkdesertrose 2012/07/06 14:56:18
    Haters gonna hate...
    Pinkdesertrose
    I think it's the people who don't know how to use a computer or know how to use Facebook:)
  • bella 2012/07/06 14:53:54
    Haters gonna hate...
    bella
    I guess I'm hater and a hypocrite for this, because I really don't like facebook but I still use it to talk to family members I don't get to see much often =/
  • hollowpointxkilljoy 2012/07/06 14:53:54
    Haters gonna hate...
    hollowpointxkilljoy
    +1
    Almost every single idiot who "hates" Facebook is probably on the site constantly. So shut up already and deal with it.
  • Samantha hollowp... 2012/07/06 15:54:22
    Samantha
    +1
    People who hate facebook aren't idiots. They are the awake people who have the intelligence to see past advertising and false presentation. I leave it open as my details are owned and kept, so it is pointless trying to delete what can't be deleted. Therefore I and many others leave our accounts open, so friends and family can connect, so we can talk about culture, music, film or whatever we are passionate about, but also use it to express our political opinions - especially opinions which you do not see in the mainstream media e.g. facebook being used by government agencies to monitor peoples activities and opinions.
  • PrettieReptar 2012/07/06 14:40:07
    Lack of privacy
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    The reason I got rid of my account.
  • Samantha Prettie... 2012/07/06 15:36:44
    Samantha
    +1
    Your details are still there.
  • Prettie... Samantha 2012/07/06 15:57:47
    PrettieReptar
    Nope I removed every iota of info. I'd delete the account but FB doesn't allow that. Hmmm...imagine that.
  • Resp 2012/07/06 14:30:27
    Disappointing IPO or financials
    Resp
    +5
    1. Mark Zuckerberg purloined the Facebook concept from the Winkelvoss brothers.
    2. Facebook makes money of off your name and activity.
    3. I'd like to slap that goofy grin off of Mark Zuckerberg's face.
  • Danaman117 Resp 2012/07/06 14:34:12
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2012/07/06 14:27:36
    Lack of privacy
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +3
    STALKBOOK!!!!!
  • SoftBear 2012/07/06 14:14:51
    Lack of privacy
    SoftBear
    +2
    Not even so much the lack of privacy, but the lack of consistency. When old, private posts keep showing up in public feeds, there is a systemic problem. You always need to be careful about what you say and to whom, but when you can't KNOW your audience will be the same tomorrow as it was when you posted today...
  • ☆FritzW☆ 2012/07/06 14:06:36
    Lack of privacy
    ☆FritzW☆
    +3
    I actually had enough after the latest debacle with regards to the email address being created without my permission AND being set as the primary email. I also started receiving texts on my cell that I couldn't figure out where/why I was receiving them. Now I know. And I took action. No more Facebook for me.. I don't care if every business and person uses it.. I won't. And guess what? Facebook made it easy to deactivate the account. Deleting it kinda reminda me of AOL way back when. :) Deactivate is good enough for now; until I hear they're using the data to figure out my DNA or something. :P
    Haters gonna hate...
    Government don't like tech that is too easy to use. People might reveal truth
  • BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROC... 2012/07/06 13:48:12
    Lack of privacy
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
    +1
    Keep Facebook and personal life in a different book. then everything will be all ride.
  • Rockstar33 2012/07/06 13:44:18
    Lack of privacy
    Rockstar33
    +2
    I hate that people can just go in my profile and look at anything they want!!!
  • ID51 2012/07/06 13:41:37
    Lack of privacy
    ID51
    +2
    Actually, I wish there was a multiple button choice. Facebook does make changes without informing users and tries to force other things, like Timeline, that most users don't want. I think it's a love/hate relationship. People want to interact with friends - and for FB to keep their hands out of it as much as possible. And guard our privacy!!
  • Jiorgia 2012/07/06 13:39:32
    Haters gonna hate...
    Jiorgia
    +2
    To all those that dislike the lack of privacy, you obviously dont use the privacy settings correctly.

Only people who are my friends can read my wall, friends of friends can see my info and everyone else can only see my name age and display pic.

It's also called not putting up any ultra personal information.
  • jimmy d Jiorgia 2012/07/06 14:15:41
    jimmy d
    +2
    Do you think privacy settings work if on Facebook or even this site someone wanted to use your information for marketing purposes? Or any other chicanery? Big brother is always watching nowadays!
  • BoomLover jimmy d 2012/07/06 16:34:04
    BoomLover
    +1
    Big Brother is BIG BUSINESS these days...read just about anything on Alex Jones...
  • SoftBear Jiorgia 2012/07/06 14:26:45
    SoftBear
    +1
    Perhaps you've never had a private post from years ago suddenly start appearing in your timeline. Or perhaps you've never looked. This sort of thing happens regularly, and it is due to decisions made within the company. It seems like every time the changes they make to their software make it hard to migrate privacy settings from historic posts, they just drop those restrictions. They recently added the ability to set a restrictive default for older posts, but it is unclear what that setting actually applies to and when it is applied...maybe even to them.
  • Jiorgia SoftBear 2012/07/06 15:55:12
    Jiorgia
    Actually I have a second account set up so that I can see what people who aren't my 'friends' can see, my privacy settings work and have continued to work even through the timeline.
    I also never post anything that I wouldn't want anyone to see anyway.
  • Samantha Jiorgia 2012/07/06 15:59:10 (edited)
    Samantha
    +1
    Privacy settings mean nothing. Your details are viewed by other people and agencies without your knowledge.

Its not other people reading your wall that you should only be worried about. Well thats not strictly true because criminals use it too.

Ultra personal info is not usually put on facebook by people with half a brain.

Political opinions and world events are discussed on facebook a lot and this is what is monitored more than anything.
  • Jiorgia Samantha 2012/07/06 16:01:40
    Jiorgia
    political opinions and world events, like this site you mean?
    to me, that is not personal nor is it private, anyone on the street could come up and ask me my opinion.
  • Samantha Jiorgia 2012/07/06 16:17:01
    Samantha
    +1
    Well I think that a persons opinions are personal. They are not private in the sense that it has been shared, but that does not give facebook the right to allow the FBI, CIA, or Englands MI5 or MI6 to see it and use it against us.

The point is, that certain opinions are not welcome by the government and you can be persecuted, arrested or framed. People who are protesting FEMA camps, gun ownership being made difficult, 911 being an inside job etc. are people who the government are watching very carefullly.

The government arrest and frame people who they feel are 'disobedient' so in that context your opinions can be used against you and that is what is dangerous.
  • Raule Duke 2012/07/06 13:25:56
    Haters gonna hate...
    Raule Duke

2014/10/20 09:47:28