Facebook Tops 10 Most Hated Companies in America: Why Don't People Like Facebook?

Fef 2012/07/05 23:00:00
Lack of privacy
Disappointing IPO or financials
Haters gonna hate...
When your company has 800 million users, its success kind of speaks for itself. But the social networking giant Facebook also has its fair share of haters. In fact, Facebook ranks as the most hated company on the 10 Most Hated Companies in America published by 24/7 Wall St.

Facebook made its initial public offering (IPO) of stock last month. The offering and pricing had negative backlash and critics bad-mouthed the company for weeks. Mark Zuckerberg has done amazing things to grow the company and its revenues, but critics complain that the young CEO does little to publicly inspire his company's new shareholders.

Sometimes people will just hate popular and successful trends. The internet has a meme for that: Haters Gonna Hate. Is that the case for Facebook?

247WALLST.COM reports:
Facebook currently has more than 800 million users. Any company of this size is sure to have some detractors. Compared to other leading social media sites, however, Facebook has the lowest customer satisfaction score from the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
haters gonna hate

Read More: http://247wallst.com/2012/01/13/the-10-most-hated-...

• Margaret Jacobson 2012/07/06 16:37:58
    Haters gonna hate...
    Margaret Jacobson
    maybe these "haters" wished they thought of "facebook??" Could use some more "privacy" controls ??
  • Mother nature is biased 2012/07/06 16:37:13
    Lack of privacy
    Mother nature is biased
    +3
    Facebook is more or less a government sponsored program that was formed to help it spy on the people of the world.
  • Salt n Pepper 2012/07/06 16:36:57
    Lack of privacy
    Salt n Pepper
    +3
    Stalkers paradise.
  • Mog of War Salt n ... 2012/07/07 03:59:54
    Mog of War
    +1
    Public forum too. I hate that the place lacks any sort of privacy, but I never understood why people were posting personal information on there to start with. We hate it, but we're the ones who make it into what we hate.
  • Kim 2012/07/06 16:36:27
  • BoomLover 2012/07/06 16:35:16
    Lack of privacy
    BoomLover
    +2
    Even more that lack of Privacy is the fact that everything you do or say is reviewed by some government agency somewhere or at some time...
  • A.Oscar 2012/07/06 16:32:42
    Disappointing IPO or financials
    A.Oscar
    Just like everything else; some days seems ok, then some days I like to leave them, but about friends, they are some looked like great, other just want for entertaining, but not true friends, only know from the Internet. The expectative some days more good than bad, other days the other way around
  • Krumcakes 2012/07/06 16:31:07
    Lack of privacy
    Krumcakes
    +1
    Facebook is sooooo annoying. Everyone is so annoying, slutty, etc on Facebook. And Facebook keeps changing settings and layouts and by the time you get used to it, they change it again.
  • dear•LT13☻ 2012/07/06 16:21:45
    Lack of privacy
    dear•LT13☻
    +2
    I hate it because EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE wants you to be on it.
  • cherryphi dear•LT13☻ 2012/07/06 17:05:00
    cherryphi
    +2
    yep. it's almost like your facebook account is the new driver's license.
  • dear•LT13☻ cherryphi 2012/07/06 17:21:20
    dear•LT13☻
    +2
    ooo - don't give them any ideas!
    True tho - It's like you don't exist unless you are on Facebook...
  • hgababu 2012/07/06 16:20:15
    Haters gonna hate...
    hgababu
    my explaination is simple:
    YOLO
  • unaff 2012/07/06 16:02:08
    Haters gonna hate...
    unaff
    They hate it because they really, really want to use it, but don't want to live by the TOS.
  • glass_butterfly ~YSU~ 2012/07/06 15:57:58
    Haters gonna hate...
    glass_butterfly ~YSU~
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/06 15:52:57 (edited)
    Lack of privacy
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I got in touch with some long lost relatives and friends through FB and shared a lot of old pics and stories. But I didn't like the way FB was always dinking with the site while I was there. I didn't like being so exposed or the brainless banter that permeated the site, so I deleted what I could and de-friended everyone.
  • Amelia 2012/07/06 15:48:41
    Haters gonna hate...
    Amelia
    +3
    Facebook makes you hate your friends, and other website makes you love strangers... that's social networking for ya social networking
  • larry stewart 2012/07/06 15:46:54
    Haters gonna hate...
    larry stewart
    if I was on it I would TRY to find Debbie Stewart or Debbie Lee
  • PokerFace 2012/07/06 15:42:16
    Lack of privacy
    PokerFace
    +2
    annoying
  • Sperry23 2012/07/06 15:38:57
    Lack of privacy
    Sperry23
    +3
    That and because they keep changing the interface, the use agreement, and their rules in general at random.

And the over-hyped IPO.

And haters gonna hate.
  • Tom 2012/07/06 15:35:41
    Lack of privacy
    Tom
    +2
    Too many people use it as an alternative to actually going out, interacting with others, and living life.
  • Samantha 2012/07/06 15:34:26
    Lack of privacy
    Samantha
    +3
    A social networking site which parades itself as a fun and harmless, which exists to keep us all connected and playing mind numbingly pointless games like farmsville for those who have no life, which in reality abuses our privacy, keeps our information even if we want to delete it and passes it on to 3rd parties for example, the CIA, who monitor our opinions, activities etc. I have had my posts censored a number of times, but this usually happens if you talk about politics and animal welfare issues. I was having a discussion about Obama and the American Government and when I posted it, it had been changed significantly. When I googled 'censorship on facebook', I got an endless list of websites dedicated to this very issue. There were so many. I took pictures of my children off my facebook page for this reason.

If you have certain opinions I wouldn't be surprised if there are lists that exist separating the brainwashed from the awake people. Remember those FEMA camps my American brothers and sisters - sites like facebook would be a very easy way of finding out who will 'do as they are told' and go willingly and those who will say 'F' you to the police or army who are being trained now in 'dealing' with citizens. The government can then work out who will be or can be obedien...

If you have certain opinions I wouldn't be surprised if there are lists that exist separating the brainwashed from the awake people. Remember those FEMA camps my American brothers and sisters - sites like facebook would be a very easy way of finding out who will 'do as they are told' and go willingly and those who will say 'F' you to the police or army who are being trained now in 'dealing' with citizens. The government can then work out who will be or can be obedient and who needs terminating!

Im probably on a list like loads of people I know, for things I have said openly on facebook. We would fall into the 'Need terminating' category Lol Im nobodies slave!!
  • ZeldaFan13 2012/07/06 15:34:17
    Haters gonna hate...
    ZeldaFan13
    I Love Facebook! lol
  • JuliaLoren 2012/07/06 15:26:17
    Haters gonna hate...
    JuliaLoren
    +3
    its a free social site, i cant believe how much people bitch about it, lmfao, nobody is forcing you to use it!
  • Samantha JuliaLoren 2012/07/06 15:41:18
    Samantha
    +3
    Im amazed how many people are unaware of what facebook is really used for. I signed up before I knew about its darker side. There is no point deleting accounts, because you cant, so we are in fact forced to use it. Lots of people who hate it, use it facebook against facebook, by making use of it to contact friends and family, as well as spreading the word about whatever political stuff is going on that needs to be brought to peoples attention and which you will never see in the mainstream media. If a company is going to abuse my rights Ill do what I can to even the score !
  • JuliaLoren Samantha 2012/07/06 17:49:20
    JuliaLoren
    +1
    they can only give away info that you give them in the first place! if you dont want your pics online, dont post them online..... if you dont want your personal info online, dont type it into a SOCIAL WEBSITE lol, if people dont know what its used for thats their own ignorance, and they probably get screwed by other sites too because they obviously dont understand the internet
  • Samantha JuliaLoren 2012/07/06 18:01:19
    Samantha
    +1
    The point is that they use information to predict behaviour and trends and to monitor what people are thinking and feeling aswell as doing in order to manipulate them. That sounds like a police state to me. Censoring what people write on there also....Im not ok with that. People put information on there because they trust that facebook is reputable and respectful of privacy. If they knew it was not trustworthy they would be more careful. It isn't peoples fault as facebook is guilty of false advertising as they do not tell you the truth.
  • JuliaLoren Samantha 2012/07/06 18:32:20
    JuliaLoren
    +1
    why would you trust facebook? lol theres the problem, i dont trust it! i dont understand why someone would! its facebook! i dont recall facebook ever telling me it would protect me from anything out of the normal, using the information i put on their website is fine, i mean, i put it on THEIR website lol, its not a secure site, how does everyone not know that already?
  • Samantha JuliaLoren 2012/07/06 18:47:29 (edited)
    Samantha
    No one expects facebook to protect them because everyone assumes that privacy is respected. A company should have a duty of care to its consumer. If it did not you would be able to buy cars that have engines that blow up when you have driven them after 100 miles, or baby buggies made out of razor blades. You cant blame users for the actions of Facebook when it pretends to be harmless. They do not tell you that you cannot delete your information from their database. It does not tell people that information is allowed to be accessed by others, therefore it is misrepresentation of a product. That is wrong and unfair to the user.
  • JuliaLoren Samantha 2012/07/09 14:23:06
    JuliaLoren
    your not paying for any service, facebook owes its users nothing! when you BUY a car or BUY a baby buggie, your PAYING for a service, your PAYING for the safety standards and customer care. facebook has no obligation to the wants of its users, aside from wanting people to keep on using them
  • Samantha JuliaLoren 2012/07/10 11:18:38
    Samantha
    What kind of moral compass do you have? Its so scary that people like you put a $ on everything in this world, to the point where you actually believe that it is ok to engage in dishonesty, breach of peoples rights and spying on citizens, because of a free website?

As for a car and a baby buggy, they aren't services but products. I am paying for something that does what I want it to do in a functional sense. The safety standards are part of the manufacturing process, that must be of a high standard otherwise the product will be second rate and no one will buy it. The customer care is a service which must be provided, otherwise that is another reason why the product won't sell, as consumers will have no faith in the company in question, when they need assistance. That is why facebook has to lie to us in order that the consumer is unaware of what is really going on. If I knew about facebook before I created an account, I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.

In the UK 3 year old children are entitled to a free nursery place before attending school. So if all of the teachers are paedophiles and sexually abuse the children, thats ok with you, because the parents aren't paying for it and the teachers owe nothing to them and their children?

Your way of thinking is unethical...

Your way of thinking is unethical and dangerous. You worship money instead of having any sense of justice for your fellow human beings. I actually feel sorry for you. I can't imagine what it must be like to think the way you do and live your life with that kind of mindset.
  • JuliaLoren Samantha 2012/07/11 14:29:00
    JuliaLoren
    omfg. its a website geared towards teenagers and college kids. calm down, lmfao, i have great morals, i just dont think facebook should be held accountable for people putting things on the internet they dont want to be seen on an INSECURE website. dont be an idiot, and dont put anything up there that you dont want shared with the world. simple as that. you know why i dont care about what facebook does? because i respect my own privacy, and dont need a free insecure social website to do it for me.
  • Samantha JuliaLoren 2012/07/12 08:28:09
    Samantha
    I am calm.

Your morals suck big time.

You are missing the point again.

Goodbye
  • JuliaLoren Samantha 2012/07/13 15:33:59
    JuliaLoren
    ok, keep complaining about a site that doesnt care about you, but you still use it, and complain about it, lmao have fun with that.
  • Samantha JuliaLoren 2012/07/14 14:23:19
    Samantha
    You cant delete your details, so the intelligent thing to do, is to use it to connect with people but also use it against itself by exposing it for what it is - get it yet?

No ... didn't think so.

Go back to sleep.
  • JuliaLoren Samantha 2012/07/13 15:34:56
    JuliaLoren
    and if you judge a persons morals by facebooks lack of security and idiots lack of security on that website, i feel sorry for you
  • Samantha JuliaLoren 2012/07/14 14:35:19
    Samantha
    (Sigh) You can't even read a post accurately.

I wasn't judging your lack of human decency and morals by facebooks actions, but your own pathetic attitude.

Your view is that companies owe nothing to people if they use their services which are free - so in your world, a company can do anything it wants.

Fabulous, what an intelligent person you are....NOT!

You are a brainwashed robot.

My conversation with you has now been terminated like you will be in a FEMA CAMP near you : ) Happy camping.
  • Suge JuliaLoren 2012/07/06 21:24:23
    Suge
    +1
    my point exactly like stfu and get over it -_-
  • Ada Whitmire 2012/07/06 15:26:16
    Haters gonna hate...
    Ada Whitmire
    I havent been hacked because 1. I have a difficult pw and 2. I only have close personal friends as my friends and my profile set to private. So I dont have a problem with fb
  • Samantha Ada Whi... 2012/07/06 15:43:35
    Samantha
    +1
    Your profile is not private in any way shape or form. The site instructions may fool you into thinking that, but Im afraid that is not the reality. Google 'facebook censorship' or 'facebook privacy' and see what you find. You may be surprised.
  • Ada Whi... Samantha 2012/07/06 15:57:53
    Ada Whitmire
    Well I do happen to know that people who are not on my list cant see my information. As for what you said I googled what you said and found only a privacy notice virus and a issue in 2009 where privacy settings resorted to default setting ( which is public)

2014/09/03 04:45:50