Exodus 11

8mariedawn6 2012/07/06 08:52:32

SLIDESHOW: Exodus 11

1 of 6

Exodus 11
Exodus 11 1And the LORD said unto Moses, Yet will I bring one plague more upon Pharaoh, and upon Egypt; afterwards he will let you go hence: when he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out hence altogether. 2Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver and jewels of gold. 3And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people. 4And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: 5And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts. 6And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more. 7But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel. 8And all these thy servants shall come down unto me, and bow down themselves unto me, saying, Get thee out, and all the people that follow thee: and after that I will go out. And he went out from Pharaoh in a great anger. 9And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt. 10And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

• bricklyn 2012/07/07 03:20:18
    bricklyn
    Just another fictional story. Archeologist has never found any evidence of the massive numbers of people that wandered in the desert for 40 years.

THE EXODUS MYTH
    Wayne Everett Orgar
    March 2001 (Updated April 2012)

About 15 years ago, a friend asked me if I wanted to look at a video about Bible archeology. I eagerly accepted. The tape was interesting but what was most profound about this experience for me was the clear statement near the end that there was in fact no historical or archeological evidence that the Israelites were ever enslaved in Egypt and there was no evidence of any exodus from Egypt. Since it was the first time I had heard this, I filed this controversial idea away until I could get more confirmation and then form an opinion. I wish I had been able to keep the video or remember who produced it. This finding would destroy one of the major foundation blocks of the Christian and Jewish religion. It is not to be taken lightly or dismissed out of hand if it comes from reputable archeologists.
    I offered to lend the tape to a Christian friend who I thought naturally would like to view a video on this topic. I was wrong. This person had no interest in viewing a video on Bible archeology. Religious people often refuse to learn about their religion. Learning new f...

THE EXODUS MYTH
    Wayne Everett Orgar
    March 2001 (Updated April 2012)

I offered to lend the tape to a Christian friend who I thought naturally would like to view a video on this topic. I was wrong. This person had no interest in viewing a video on Bible archeology. Religious people often refuse to learn about their religion. Learning new facts complicates faith.
    I grew up hearing much of the religious misinformation claiming that archeology " proved" the bible. The religious claims of early archeologists saying that the city of Jericho was conquered by Joshua was frequently announced along with other isolated examples. It was as if the existence of a particular spring, river, or building proved the entire Bible. The reasoning was akin to saying that since Athens existed, the stories about Hercules and Zeus must have been true. With regard to Jericho, I read other articles from later studies that used better dating methods that clearly showed that Jericho had been destroyed long before the mythological Joshua would have come along and tried to take the city.
    The controversy surrounding the alleged enslavement and exodus is not new. Sources dating back to 400 BCE already contained conflicting accounts of the Israelites' origins and supposed expulsion from Egypt because they were diseased (1). As early as 1100 CE, a church father noticed radical errors in the Pentateuch (the first five books of the Hebrew Bible or "Old Testament") and concluded that Moses could not have written these accounts (2). Of course, the church, in the fine tradition of Christianity, threatened to kill this man if he did not retract this finding.
    Recently, the archeologists Israel Finkelstein (Tel Aviv University) and Neil Asher Silberman (director of historical interpretation, Ename Center for Public Archeology and Heritage Presentation, Belgium) summarized the archeological findings and latest corrections regarding the historical origins of the Jewish nation. In their words, "The process that we describe here is, in fact, the opposite of what we have in the Bible: the emergence of early Israel was an outcome of the collapse of the Canaanite culture, not its cause. And most of the Israelites did not come from outside Canaan - they emerged from within it. There was no mass exodus from Egypt. There was no violent conquest of Canaan" (3).
    Finkelstein and Silberman point out that there is still no evidence for the existence of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Lot, Moses, and Joshua. There is no evidence that Jewish people existed as an identified people that were enslaved in Egypt. There is no evidence that over 600,000 men (plus women and children - the number could have been over a million) had an exodus from Egypt and wandered in the desert for 40 years. According to the Bible, 38 of these 40 years were actually spent encamped at Kadesh-barnea. This area has been turned upside down for decades, looking for even a tiny piece of pottery from this supposed time. It is not likely that this many people would have lived here this long and not left archeological evidence.
    The archeological evidence contradicts the Biblical theme of Joshua taking control of the Israelites from Moses and conquering Canaan. For example, the Egyptians had a strong presence in Canaan at this time, yet the Biblical accounts make no mention of this. The Biblical themes of the origins of Israel are myths. Like the gospel accounts of the New Testament, they were fabricated in later times and inserted into earlier times as a tool of religious and political propagandists (2, 4, 5).
    One thing is certain. If a god existed, it could not be the god of the Bible or any religion claiming origins from the Bible. Any self-respecting god of average wisdom would not want to be held responsible for inspiring such a collection of myths and ridiculous sayings.
    Update, 4/2012-You may also want to review the NOVA 2-hour program aired on 11/18/2008 on the lack of evidence for the Exodus and the origins of the Hebrew Bible on the pbs.org site. It caused quite a stir. Someone recently informed me that Gerald Aardsma is still attempting to revise Biblical chronology. Scholars have not taken his work seriously. The scientific community has yet to find support for his beliefs in Noah’s Ark/the Flood, the Exodus, creationism, etc. The study of genetics has clearly disproven the Adam and Eve myth.
    http://www.concentric.net/~wo...
    One of the Egyptian Gods was the one with power over life and death. The Children of the Egyptian was given to their God to being back to life. (False God) In fact all the Plagues of Egypt were related to the Gods of Egypt. These Gods were all false so they had no control over what living God of Israel did to them
  • bricklyn jackola... 2012/07/07 03:20:43
    bricklyn
    THE EXODUS MYTH

I grew up hearing much of the religious misinformation claiming that archeology " proved" the bible. The religious claims of early archeologists saying that the city of Jericho was...

THE EXODUS MYTH

http://www.concentric.net/~wo...
    OK

2014/10/25 05:51:59