Easter is coming - even the pine trees know!!!

lalouisiane 2010/03/24 11:12:56
Hallelujah, waiting for blessings and relying on God's promises.
Other.
Even the pine trees know. It's spring time here, in the south, despite an unusually cold winter, spring is here. Every year about this time, the pine trees put up little crosses. With this comes lots of yellow pine tree pollen and the promise of Easter. Resurrection. New Birth. New Life.
The little crosses on the pine trees are just one of the signs that Easter is approaching. I love Easter. I had a favorite aunt whose favorite holiday was Easter. We would all get together and leave from my grandmother's house and walk down old red clay roads to the "old house" places and pick aprons full of daffodils. It was something we did every year.
I cannot tell you how much fun this was for me as a child. Going back to re-visit different old home places that were hard to find now except for the large groupings of daffodils left after the houses and people were long gone. We'd laugh and carry on and pick these flowers from the fields where the old home places once stood. We would take them back and put them in vases.
Spring is a symbol of renewal. A time when we celebrate along with nature, the re-birth of our planet and the promise of rebirth of our souls in Heaven.
The pine trees know, as they display their yellow crosses and the daffodils knows as they adorn the fields with their glorious beauty. All of nature knows. The Bible says that at some point, EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
God has not deserted us, nor will He. His promises are in the crosses of the pine trees and the daffodils of the fields.
Today may be a good day to remember that. Friday was a sad day... but... Sunday morning came and... changed everything when Jesus rose from the grave. This is a sad time now for our country, but November is coming, like Easter Sunday.
I used to go to the Greek Orthodox church with some Greek friends on special occasions. They have a most beautiful tradition. The week before Easter Sunday, when they greet each other, they say "Hallelujah, He is Risen".
Let not your heart be troubled, remember, even the pine trees know.

• Kane Fernau 2010/03/24 17:24:14
    Kane Fernau
    +4
    It's Spring? Oh no, that means Global warming begins again!

• Dandydon 2010/03/25 02:16:24
    Dandydon
  • Marie/M2M2K™-#1Conservative... 2010/03/24 17:58:52
  • lalouis... Marie/M... 2010/03/24 19:21:47
    lalouisiane
    +2
    I'm glad you liked it.
  • Kane Fernau 2010/03/24 17:24:14
    Kane Fernau
    +4
  • lalouis... Kane Fe... 2010/03/24 19:16:13
    lalouisiane
    +2
    ROFL, yep sure does!!!
  • Marie/M... Kane Fe... 2010/03/24 19:29:22
  • Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm... 2010/03/24 15:35:07
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
    +2
    That my dear is just a beautiful post...thanks for sharing this!!
    Very very inspiring.... God Bless You...
    Peace and Love....♥ promises dear beautiful post sharing inspiring god bless peace love
  • lalouis... Barefoo... 2010/03/24 15:39:58
    lalouisiane
    +2
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Easter is one of my favorite holidays because of my favorite great aunt. She enjoyed it so much. I remember coming home with bunches and bunches of daffodils that we'd picked out in the "old home places".
  • Barefoo... lalouis... 2010/03/24 15:41:16
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
    +1
    It was a true blessing this morning..... honestly!!
    Blessings to you!!
  • lalouis... Barefoo... 2010/03/24 19:22:21
    lalouisiane
    +1
    I'm glad I could share it.
  • Barefoo... lalouis... 2010/03/24 19:24:23
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
    +1
    ME too:)
  • keeper 2010/03/24 14:56:48
    keeper
    +3
    That is beautiful!! TY for sharing!!
  • lalouis... keeper 2010/03/24 14:57:42
    lalouisiane
    +2
    You're welcome brother.
  • Ann 2010/03/24 13:49:38
    Ann
    +1
    I agree with you that the Lord is coming again, and it will be a beautiful and great day when He does. However, I have to disagree with you on the whole Easter holiday. I no longer celebrate this holiday because it's an abomination to the Lord. If you look up the history on Easter, you'll find that it's a pagan holiday. And God has said that He doesn't want us to practice the things that pagans practice. Easter was a fertility goddess who came down out of the sky in the spring time in a giant egg. They would kill infants and paint eggs with the blood. And there are still churches today that have contests to see who can paint their egg the reddest, but they don't know why they do it. It's just a tradtion for them. Just something to think about.
  • Ann Ann 2010/03/24 13:50:46
    Ann
    +1
    Sorry my post was a downer. I just don't want Christians who truly love the Lord to be blinded by traditions of this world. Share the truth!
  • lalouis... Ann 2010/03/24 13:58:41
    lalouisiane
    I see the truth in the crosses in the pine trees. All of nature knows her Creator.

And I know mine.

My grandchildren know that Easter celebrates the resurrection of Christ. They know that Jesus loves them. And yes, they get candy. I did too when I was little. We hunted eggs, we got chocolate.

And we also walked outside in nature. We went down the dirt roads into the fields and gathered the daffodils. Me and my cousins and aunts. Laughed and visited and filled our aprons with the beautiful flowers.

And we always knew why we celebrated Easter. I know it was a pagan holiday. It's also the day I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus the Christ. I celebrate His promise to me.

And I look around and see that even the pine trees know that Jesus is coming back.

Who can I fear when the Creator of all loves me?

No one. There is no one who can compete with God.
  • hermes23 2010/03/24 13:41:08
    hermes23
    +1
    Thank you for the lift. I've been mired in anger which is not good.
  • lalouis... hermes23 2010/03/24 13:49:24 (edited)
    lalouisiane
    +1
    I hoped it would lift some spirits. This is not an easy time. But we can rise to the occasion.

Sometimes we just have to stop and look around us and think.

God bless you my fellow American.
  • hook 2010/03/24 11:30:03
    hook
    +3
    thanks i needed the up lift!!
  • lalouis... hook 2010/03/24 11:46:35
    lalouisiane
    +2
    Good, that was what I was hoping for.
  • driley 2010/03/24 11:19:26
    driley
    +2
    That was so encouraging and uplifting. Just what I needed to hear this morning.

Thank you and may God continue to bless you!
  • lalouis... driley 2010/03/24 11:46:59
    lalouisiane
    +2
    God bless you my fellow American and Heaven help us all.
  • driley lalouis... 2010/03/24 11:54:32
    driley
    +1
    I can add my "Amen" to that!

2014/10/23 15:59:01