Doesn't the bible say to stone disobedient children?

Scott Prian 2009/09/29 18:57:41
Deuteronomy 21
...
...
21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
...
...

• Jay P. 2012/12/07 20:47:19
    Jay P.
    I think that you have to look at the fact that the child was rebellious and a drunkard, not the activities of a minor child. And the parents were not to do the stoning themselves but to make a spectacle of their son. The context is right there. Why are so many people missing that?
  • Karl Marx 2012/01/26 00:07:09
    Karl Marx
    Yup, you'd be an idiot to deny it, it's RIGHT HERE!!!:Deuteronomy 21
    ...
    ...

• PEGGY C Karl Marx 2013/05/09 00:14:30
    PEGGY C
    +1
    I guess I must be an Idiot, HA HA, I do know that it IS in the Bible, I think it was in the Old Testament, Roaman's. It was simply saying that the was the way a lot of people lived at tyhe time, not that God Agreed, He Didn't . I heard that the Town this happened in, they were Under Judgment, as being Wrong. I know that People have been known to quote this, these verses, to make Fun of the Bible. Definitely God did Not Approve of this practice. Forgive my Typos, like Roamans, I meant Roman's. I am not talking about a Woman's clothing catalog HA HA
  • PEGGY C Karl Marx 2013/05/09 00:16:35
    PEGGY C
    +1
    I realize i may be wrong, I hear that it was in Roman's. i see you wrote Deuteronomy.
  • Cowboyreg {IN GOD WE TRUST} 2009/10/03 00:44:21
    Cowboyreg {IN GOD WE TRUST}
    +1
    Children were stoned before Jesus came and died on the cross for our sins. That was in the old testament times. When God sent his son Jesus Christ to earth as a human and Jesus died so that we could have a way to be saved, that changed everything. Here are some scriptures from the New Testament. We can now be forgiven through Jesus Christ our Savior. He died so we don't have to.

1 Peter 3:18
    For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,
    l
    Colossians 2:14
    By canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

John 14:6
    Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 3:16
    “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 Timothy 2:5
    For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Romans 5:8
    But God showed his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
  • Mike Cowboyr... 2011/07/18 21:43:39
    +3
    awesome, because I was really bummed out about the 10 commandments, So I'm free to adulterate!!! let the fornication commence!!!
  • Aljaž ... Cowboyr... 2011/11/30 15:43:50
    Aljaž Kozina
    +3
    Matthew 5:17-20
    "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

So Jesus did not abolish this or other similarly cruel laws, which means that we should show our love towards our children/spouses/etc. by practicing those laws which we know are unjust?
  • jaymz 2009/09/29 23:22:32
    jaymz
    i think they meant the kind bob dylion was talking about everyone must get stoned lol
  • jOkEsOnYoU 2009/09/29 22:27:53
    jOkEsOnYoU
    if people actually did that today, I would be dead by now...^.^
  • Scott P... jOkEsOnYoU 2009/09/29 22:59:04
    Scott Prian
    Hahah i think wed all be dead
  • jOkEsOnYoU Scott P... 2009/09/29 23:08:07
    jOkEsOnYoU
    bodies lining the streets
  • Scott P... jOkEsOnYoU 2009/09/29 23:12:11
    Scott Prian
    atheists would rule the earth finally, and we would progress with science, then robots will take over, dominate, and produce super beings using math. then real god like creatures will exist building planets and stuff. i cant wait ;)
  • jOkEsOnYoU Scott P... 2009/09/29 23:14:48
    jOkEsOnYoU
    ooh! theres a quote, I don't remember who said it, but I love it....

"If not for religion holding science back, Columbus could have landed on the moon."

^.^
  • Aingean 2009/09/29 19:33:20
    Aingean
    It does however I believe that would be child abuse. Since you cant even spank your children now without getting the law called on you. Though I do think that death wouldnt teach the kids a thing.
  • Karl Marx Aingean 2012/01/26 00:08:06
    Karl Marx
    Screw child abuse, that's MURDER in the 1st degree.
  • Lavendergrl 2009/09/29 19:21:11
    Lavendergrl
    It does. Mosaic law—gotta love it. Have you read the Song of Solomon?
  • Scott P... Lavende... 2009/09/29 19:25:50
    Scott Prian
    i have not, is it about stoning children? lol
  • Lavende... Scott P... 2009/09/29 19:29:37
    Lavendergrl
    No, it's like the Biblical guide to sex.
  • Scott P... Lavende... 2009/09/29 19:30:20
    Scott Prian
    oh wow.. Lol
  • Your friendly neighborhood ... 2009/09/29 19:11:41 (edited)
    Your friendly neighborhood stalker
    I think it depends on how disobedient... like, if he's a murderer or something. :P

lol, "stone him with stones."
  • Scott P... Your fr... 2009/09/29 19:13:53
    Scott Prian
    +1
    at least they are clear on that, it could have been taken as, stone with cotton candy. horrible horrible horrible
  • Your fr... Scott P... 2009/09/29 19:16:16
    Your friendly neighborhood stalker
    No one likes to be stoned by cotton candy. It's all sticky and it decays your teeth...
  • Scott P... Your fr... 2009/09/29 19:26:47
    Scott Prian
    +1
    i know! what a slow and agonizing death, you wont be able to eat food and.. yeah its just horrific lol
  • QueliKelly 2009/09/29 19:02:21
    QueliKelly
    +1
    sure does, but shhhh they are ignoring that while it´s still convenient.
  • Scott Prian 2009/09/29 19:01:27
    Scott Prian
    From what i can tell, that says to kill your chlid with rocks in public for being bad. YEAH THAT WILL TEACH EM!

-_-
  • jaylynn Scott P... 2009/09/29 19:03:34
    jaylynn
    "Stone disobedient children" (Deuteronomy 21:18-21) Wow! It really does!
  • Deactivate Pl0x 2009/09/29 19:01:07
    Deactivate Pl0x
    Egad! Why havn't I been stoned yet?
  • • ♥Lucy-Fer♥ ♦The Woman♦ • 2009/09/29 19:00:59 (edited)
    • ♥Lucy-Fer♥ ♦The Woman♦ •
    +1
    Fuck no, if anyone tries that shit with me, I am going to knife them.

Seriously, I call child abuse.
  • celticdragonfly 2009/09/29 19:00:46
    celticdragonfly
    +2
    actually they would probably be much better behaved if they were "stoned" :^)
  • Ember celticd... 2009/09/30 02:27:33
    Ember
    +1
    hahaha
  • jaylynn 2009/09/29 18:59:43
    jaylynn
    +3
    Yea I think it does.... lol thats weird.
  • Cowboyr... jaylynn 2009/10/03 00:49:01
    Cowboyreg {IN GOD WE TRUST}
    +2
    I have explained this here.

Children were stoned before Jesus came and died on the cross for our sins. That was in the old testament times. When God sent his son Jesus Christ to earth as a human and Jesus died so that we could have a way to be saved, that changed everything. That is why children are not stoned today. Here are some scriptures from the New Testament. We can now be forgiven through Jesus Christ our Savior. He died so we don't have to.

1 Peter 3:18
    l
    Colossians 2:14

John 14:6

John 3:16

1 Timothy 2:5

Romans 5:8
  • rderder Cowboyr... 2011/05/16 17:42:07 (edited)
    rderder
    +2
    Not one jot or tittle shall pass away until ALL these things shall come to pass - and Jesus aint come back yet.
  • Aljaž ... Cowboyr... 2011/11/30 15:46:31
    Aljaž Kozina
    +3
    "He died so we don't have to." ...Wait a sec, people still die! OMG!
  • deboralynn Cowboyr... 2013/07/23 17:43:05
    deboralynn
    +2
    No one's listening. No one is trying or wants to listen.
  • Lacy deboralynn 2013/09/12 15:24:28
    Lacy
    +1
    it's easier not to listen and sweep it under the rug.....but mocking God is a dangerous thing my friends...
  • Lacy Cowboyr... 2013/09/12 15:24:57
    Lacy
    +3
    Amen! =)

2014/12/20 19:34:39