Doesn't look like the gay boycott has worked on Chick-Fil-A

BARRY0619 2012/08/01 20:43:41
BGT

NHY

• marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/04 06:26:08
    marylou5
    +1
    Guess I pushed a button or you don't have an answer to my question! Sounds like racism to me!

FYI: This is an open forum and you do not have to do anything that you don't want to do.......nor do I?
    Buh, bye!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/04 15:51:25
    Joanie
    You didn't push a button; you said a stupid thing, and I really didn't want to waste time dancing with you about it.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/04 16:07:01
    marylou5
    +1
    Are you totally obtuse? Racists disgust me.
    I already closed this dialogue!
    Guess you missed it.
    That's what...Buh, bye means:-)
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/04 16:12:29 (edited)
    Joanie
    I am sorry if you disgust yourself. You are not, however, the dictator of Sodahead. When you "close" a dialogue, that doesn't mean it is closed if the other person has something more to say.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/04 17:55:26
    marylou5
    +2
    " Black people are different from white people, ............

1. You wrote that racist swill ABOVE and you still disgust me! Racists like you are pond scum and deserve to be outed.

2.Honey, you wrote the quote BELOW with your abusive comment..........

"You appear to be a moron incapable of adult conversation so I am not going to engage."

Make up your mind!
    Time you got your act together and realize that you are controlling....like a....umm...... a dictator or a dishonest lawyer using doublespeak to defraud and hornswoggle!

You will never be as clever as you think you are.
    Get over yourself.

Epic failure.

Now, you can run along.... if it suits you, of course:-)
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/04 18:19:10 (edited)
    Joanie
    It doesn't suit me. I was making a point that you and your bigoted ilk are unwilling to acknowledge. Betz and I were comparing discrimination against gays to discrimination against blacks. In the context of that discussion, she said to me words to this effect: "Your relationship with your partner is different from a heterosexual relationship." It was in that context that I pointed out the difference was superficial, like the difference between black people and white people (their skin color). You chimed in and wanted to take me on this tangent of abuse and vitriol, and I just wasn't interested.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/05 04:47:11
    marylou5
    +1
    That is your racist statement below, copied and pasted in your own words!!

"You either get it or you don't. Black people are different from white people, but it was wrong to make them drink out of "colored only" water fountains."

I asked you a question to explain that statement and you got your knickers in a twist!! And I quote;

"You appear to be a moron incapable of adult conversation so I am not going to engage you....."

Now that you are busted...you want to "dance around"?
    Are you really that witless?
    Let me repeat that you are a racist and unnecessarily abusive!

Therefore, in your own words, you appear to be a bigoted moron incapable of adult conversation so I am not going to engage you because I am not interested!

Now, will you please run along..if it suits you.....of course!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/05 16:07:36
    Joanie
    It doesn't suit me yet. You are either incapable of understanding analogy or nuance, or you are intentionally being obtuse. Whichever it is, I was able to tell, and I can tell now, that conversing with you would be pointless. Watching you "argue" is like watching someone trying to jump over a ditch and fall in. It brings me no pleasure, and it sheds no light or understanding.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/05 17:04:52
    marylou5
    +2
    I put YOUR words out there! YOUR words, my dear!!
    SH posters are quite astute and can see through your "analogy/nuance"!

They will determine whether or not you spend too many words on abuse and character assassination, while trying to defend/explain your patent racism.

You contend you are a lawyer! They make a living using their mouths, effectively! You keep putting your foot in yours! You have no idea how condescending, patronizing and overbearing you are when you pontificate. Whew!

Give it a rest. Buh, bye!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/05 17:36:55 (edited)
    Joanie
    I won't give it a rest, but I do feel sorry for you. Taking language out of context to accuse another person of racism, which is where I knew you were going all along, is just lame, and so are you.

My actual statement, which you took out of context was:

"You either get it or you don't. Black people are different from white people, but it was wrong to make them drink out of "colored only" water fountains. Saying heterosexual unions qualify as "marriages" but same sex unions do not is just like "colored only" water fountains."

The difference between black people and white people is the color of their skin. It is a difference which does not justify different treatment. The same is true in relation to the difference between an opposite sex marriage and a same sex marriage. There is a difference, but it does not justify different treatment.

Now I predict that you will again quote portions of my statement out of context in a lame attempt to accuse me of racism. Is it because you really don't want to deal with your homophobia and bigotry?
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/05 19:02:06 (edited)
    marylou5
    +2
    Your statement is/was racist! Thank you for repeating it.
    Attacking and accusing me falsely of homophobia doesn't excuse you, or change your statement..in or out of context!
    One has nothing to do with the other except your feeble attempt to distract!

Buh, bye!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/05 19:23:47
    Joanie
    No one with the capacity to think will believe your nonsensical assertion. I am glad that the entire thread is here for the reading. If you were smart, you would quit before you embarrass yourself further, but you won't! :-)
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/06 04:41:56
    marylou5
    +2
    I'll let your ugly words speak for themselves!
    Why don't you give it up and do the same instead of continuing your abuse and character assassination?
    Buh, bye
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/06 13:25:51
    Joanie
    Because you are the one who intruded into a conversation and assassinated my character. The only thing that is ugly is your desire to prevent lesbians and gays from marrying, and your support of a bigoted business which has similar views.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/06 17:35:56
    marylou5
    +1
    The issue is, and always has been
    FREEDOM OF SPEECH! That includes opinons on SH!

There are no rules that prohibit anyone from commenting on anyone's post! Did you miss that? If you want a private conversation..use email;-)

I asked you to 'clarify' why you stated blacks are different than whites..an inherently racist comment.

You chose to abuse me and assassinate my character.
    Let's keep it honest!
  • marylou5 marylou5 2012/08/06 17:41:20
    marylou5
    +1
    You have no evidence that I want anything but that people have freedom of speech and obey the law!.

Yes, I intend to preserve 'marriage' as one man-one woman. I am preventing no one from doing anything Constitutionally legal. We are a country of laws!! Got it yet!

An extended family member is gay and totally adored!
    He insists that YOUR gay 'marriage' agenda is a bogus red herring, and that MOST gays simply want a ''CIVIL UNION" to protect their partners' legal rights.

Gays NEVER had a desire to call it 'marriage' except for a few strident lesbians making loud noises because they want the fairytale princess white church wedding!! I don't know why...most gays are atheists!!

Gays are far more concerned that your rabble rousing will destroy what they want and need, civil unions.

Your position is NOT shared by the greater Gay community, much as you'd like everyone to believe your
    premise! Case closed, counselor! You're spitting in the wind!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/06 18:45:49
    Joanie
    I have been entirely honest in this whole thread. Blacks are different from whites in that their skin is a different color. As I was arguing to Betz, that difference is as trivial as the difference between opposite sex unions and same sex unions.
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/06 18:46:35
    Joanie
    You're nuts!
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 03:04:45
    marylou5
    +1
    Don't be a pest!
    Your original statement is racist and I said so!!

Please do not even try to equate heterosexual marriage with the homosexual lifestyle!
    Gotcha.. sneaking that snippet in there ....trivializing heterosexual marriage vs civil unions You are too funny!

"that difference is as trivial as the difference between opposite sex unions ans same sex unions"

You have absolutely no credibility as you now try to cover your tracks by changing your original racist comment!!

" Black people are different from white people, but it was wrong to make them drink out of "colored only" water fountains."

The "new" version below:-)
    "Blacks are different from whites in that their skin is a different color."
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 03:19:19 (edited)
    marylou5
    +1
    More abuse, counselor?! That changes nothing. You made the statement!

If you misspoke, you had ample opportunity to immediately correct yourself! I gave you a heads up.You chose to be imperious and abuse me, instead! Karma!

Now that your credibility is shot, you explain yourself?
    Too little, too late! No one is buying it.
    Your type of lawyer is what gives honest lawyers a bad name.

Buh, bye! Please....give it a rest!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 15:16:29
    Joanie
    Are you really as stupid as you are pretending to be?
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 15:17:21
    Joanie
    You should take a rest. You stopped making sense a long time ago.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 15:43:50 (edited)
    marylou5
    +1
    PERSONAL ABUSE doesn't change the fact that you are a lesbian who made a racist comment, refused to correct it...and tried to justify it!

You claim to be a lawyer...you should be more careful with your words!
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 15:44:48 (edited)
    marylou5
    +1
    PERSONAL ABUSE doesn't change the fact that you made a racist comment!

As you claim to be a lawyer, you should be aware that nuances and ambiguity are quite often used as devices to cover "crimes"....of omission and commission!

Please run along.. or don't you have any clients to bill!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 15:49:53
    Joanie
    No one in her right mind would have interpreted my comment as racist.
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 15:50:10
    Joanie
    See above. :-)
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 17:18:23 (edited)
    marylou5
    +1
    PERSONAL ABUSE about my intellectual ability doesn't change the fact that you made a racist comment!

Your comment speaks for itself! It's out there!
    In fact I copied it below as a reminder!!

That's YOUR statement! You protest too much!

If you misspoke.....you could have deleted your post, clarified it within your post, or added an addendum.... with an explanation, of course!

You chose to let it stand and did nothing, which speaks volumes!

Please don't become a pertinacious, pigheaded pest with no redeeming value whatsoever. I'm bored...yawn!
    Buh, bye!
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 17:33:59
    Joanie
    They are different. Their skin is a different color. That is the point I was making. That the difference between LGBT people and heterosexual people is as insignificant as the differences between black and white people. If you are too thick to understand that that comment is not racist, I feel sorry for you.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 18:09:08
    marylou5
    +1
    WHEN YOU PLACE THIS EXPLANATION WITHIN your original post to correct your racist comment, you will have redeemed yourself..(minus the personal abuse, of course, and the obvious promotion of your homosexuality agenda which is not my issue)

You won't because you meant what you said, and thought no one would notice! I noticed!

I would have jumped over the moon to correct ANY statement I made that created doubt of my intent.

I abhor prejudice of any kind or statements with nuances that leave it out there. You don't pass muster!
    (I see you sneaked in your nuance to promote your agenda to promote homosexual "marriage", again.)

You will never be as clever with words as you think you are.

Go away..you prove with every post that you lack integrity and just how devious you are.
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 18:12:50
    Joanie
    You're nuts! :-)
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 18:16:52 (edited)
    marylou5
    +1
    PERSONAL ABUSE doesn't excuse your racist comment!
    " Black people are different from white people, ..............
  • Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 18:26:25
    Joanie
    They are different, dear. Their skin is a different color.
  • marylou5 Joanie 2012/08/07 23:11:47
    marylou5

• Joanie marylou5 2012/08/07 23:14:03
    Joanie
    :-)
  • BARRY0619 marylou5 2012/08/04 16:14:58
    BARRY0619
    +2
    She's one of way too many lawyers this country has so don't bother.
  • marylou5 BARRY0619 2012/08/04 18:02:29
    marylou5
    +2
    Thanks for the heads up!

Know-it-all lawyers, who are are unaware of 90% of what they don't know, deserve to be informed that they will never be as clever as they think they are!

It was an itch, I was compelled to scratch :-)
  • betz Joanie 2012/08/03 18:05:25
    betz
    +2
    I've listened to you for a while now and your analogy does not play well with me. The word marriage is already being used and used by heterosexuals. Have a wonderful union.
  • Joanie betz 2012/08/03 18:39:40
    Joanie
    +1
    I'll have a great marriage, thank you!
  • betz Joanie 2012/08/03 19:58:55
  • belle betz 2012/08/07 17:48:45
    belle
    +1
    union seems to be so appropriate, thanks for pointing that out

2014/04/19 19:57:31