Does your spouse constantly harass you and put you down?

Bogie 2010/07/10 16:20:28
Yes and I am at wit's end its either homocide or suicide now
Does your wife/husband treat you like dirt? Have you ever figured out why? If you have been married for over ten years do you regret it? Do you live in a co-dependent relationship? Does your spouse prevent you from having any friends?

• Leah 2010/07/10 16:26:30
    Leah
    +3
    My EX husband constantly put me down (after we were married of course). After a few years I actually began to believe him. I finally woke up and divorced him when I saw how it was affecting our kids. It took many years for my self esteem to recover.

• Lunacat 2010/07/11 16:06:10
    Lunacat
    +2
    I wouldn't put up with that crap.
    We try to build each other up as much as possible!
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2010/07/10 21:11:17
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +2
    If he did he would be an X.
  • Leah 2010/07/10 16:26:30
    Leah
    +3
  • Bogie Leah 2010/07/11 04:25:54
    Bogie
    +1
    As kids we begged our Mom to leave our Dad. He was addicted to rage and anything at all could set him off. We all suffered his abuse. He wouldn't even let us study for our exams and be constantly berating us and belittling us.

I know that is why I am in my third marriage and I've never had any kids, I keep marrying women who are dominating and abusive. Like you i have a lot of self esteem issues to deal with. I've even had to get counseling as an abused boyfriend from a girlfriend who even punched out a cop! People don't usually expect men to be abused but it happens.
  • Leah Bogie 2010/07/11 15:08:17
    Leah
    +2
    I'm sorry! That's awful. I really wish you the best of luck. I know how difficult it is when you are attracted to a 'type' that is bad for you. It took me till I was almost 40 to realize that I deserved a 'good' man. One that put me first ect... That was the hardest part I think, knowing that I DID deserve to be treated right.
  • Bogie Leah 2010/07/12 03:27:52
    Bogie
    +1
    Well I'm 56 now! =(
  • babyface Leah 2010/07/11 12:14:22
    babyface
    +2
    he lost a good person
  • Leah babyface 2010/07/11 15:08:38
    Leah
    +1
    Thank you, that's very sweet :)

2014/08/23 09:30:52