Does PETA's new ad go too far?

☽Guru_Roy☼ 2012/02/15 00:41:12

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is known for its provocative ads--many of them featuring women in various states of undress--that aim to draw attention (however indirectly) to animal rights. But their latest ad, a Valentine's Day video that warns women about the "dangers" of their boyfriends' burgeoning veganism, may have crossed a line.

The ad, released online Monday, shows a limping, pantsless woman sporting a neckbrace, struggling to carry a bag of vegetables home from the store. (Unsurprisingly, we'll warn that this ad, embedded below, may be a bit too racy for the eyes of younger viewers.)

"This is Jessica," the narrator, Kevin Nealon, says. "She suffers from 'BWVAKTBOOM,' 'Boyfriend Went Vegan and Knocked the Bottom Out of Me,' a painful condition that occurs when boyfriends go vegan and can suddenly bring it like a tantric porn star."

Jessica's boyfriend is then shown fixing a hole in their bedroom wall. "Oh, you're feeling better?" he asks as she disrobes.

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/does-peta-ad-f...

• Sour Dime 2012/02/15 00:42:32
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Sour Dime
    +3
    I don't even need to watch it to know it does, PETA is a group with good intentions but always takes things too far so no one takes them seriously.

• Jacob 2012/04/27 14:18:08 (edited)
    No, it's funny.
    Jacob
    +1
    Lol that's funny! But the fact that there is a photo saying PETA because we are to respect animals not women! This proves a point! Eat animals and treat our women right!
  • Undead Little Red 2012/02/16 04:23:44 (edited)
    No, it's funny.
    Undead Little Red
    +1
    it did give a me a bit of a chuckle but in that same breath >_< i still think they're whack jobs
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/02/15 11:38:42
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +2
    I eat meat and I can "out bring" any vegan. A demonstration can be arranged.
  • Xerxes 2012/02/15 03:33:44
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Xerxes
    +2
    PETA is offencive, been proven many times that PETA kills more animals than anyone else
  • Beautiful_Syn 2012/02/15 02:45:01
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Beautiful_Syn
    +1
    I can't even say that it's funny because the first thing you think is that the woman was raped or that her boyfriend abused her even throwing the words in there doesn't help the ad.
    It's tasteless and degrading to women out there...

Blah what am I saying this is the same group who went after Super Mario!!!
  • Undead ... Beautif... 2012/02/16 04:25:29
    Undead Little Red
    +1
    I have to ask, why mario? I'm serious o.O
  • Beautif... Undead ... 2012/02/16 14:15:20
    Beautiful_Syn
    +1
    You never heard about the crap they put super mario through?
    Heck they even made a parody video game of it!

tanooki mario peta

They tried to say that Mario skinned a Tanooki to become Tanooki Mario
  • Undead ... Beautif... 2012/05/02 03:10:57 (edited)
    Undead Little Red
    +1
    I did not know about that o.O and sorry this reply is so late my happening are filled to the brim and im just now erasing the bulk
  • Beautif... Undead ... 2012/05/02 11:26:25 (edited)
    Beautiful_Syn
    +1
    Completely okay, and yea peta really pushed it about Super Mario, I am just thankful that no little kid saw it or anything.
  • Undead ... Beautif... 2012/05/02 16:17:52
    Undead Little Red
    +1
    Same here. Peta's nuts and they're hypocrites >_< they kill more animals yearly then they save
  • Beautif... Undead ... 2012/05/07 18:17:07
    Beautiful_Syn
    +1
    I can understand a group wanting to save animals ya know but a group like PETA gives other animal rights groups a bad name.
  • Undead ... Beautif... 2012/05/07 21:31:09
    Undead Little Red
    +1
    Groups like PETA "saving" animals scares me >_< b/c how much power they have. They used to be a good group
  • Beautif... Undead ... 2012/05/08 00:26:00
    Beautiful_Syn
    +1
    Yea they 'used' to be a good group until the money, power & attention got to them like it does to everyone in their position.
    It's sad really...
  • Undead ... Beautif... 2012/05/08 00:46:01
    Undead Little Red
    +1
    very and its a shame too they did so much good in the past. Now the other groups have to clean up after them.
  • ☆Snapefangirl☆ 2012/02/15 02:12:45
    Yes, it's offensive.
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    +1
    It's stupid.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2012/02/15 01:54:30
    Yes, it's offensive.
    NarcolepticGoat
    +1
    but thats nothing new for them
  • I'm History 2012/02/15 01:31:44
    Yes, it's offensive.
    I'm History
    +1
    But typical of people that have no ethics and are pathetic losers so they would want to share that with everyone.
    Like religious fanatics.
  • Keichi Morisato 2012/02/15 01:10:00
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Keichi Morisato
    +2
    sorry did you know it is unhealthy for people to be entirely vegan? sorry to me these people are crazy if they are as worried about killing things then they should just simply drop dead themselves because one CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT TAKING LIFE INTO ONES BODY. BE IT PLANT OR ANIMAL a life is a life plants breath too you know plants help us breath and we help them, animals are just plain good to eat and i will never give up on my meat.
  • ✞ॐGuru Joshॐ✞ 2012/02/15 00:52:41
    Yes, it's offensive.
    ✞ॐGuru Joshॐ✞
    +1
    Definitely.
  • rosehalo 2012/02/15 00:50:22
    No, it's funny.
    rosehalo
    +1
    Sorry, didn't mean to click that response. What a strange ad! It doesn't sell PETA or vegan to me.
  • Justin.Long 2012/02/15 00:47:04
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Justin.Long
    +1
    I mean its funny but it still goes too far, its sad they they are willing to stoop that low but.....wait my side of beef is burning in the oven
  • Lilymoon 2012/02/15 00:43:59
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Lilymoon
    +2
    That's just wrong on so many levels.
  • Sour Dime 2012/02/15 00:42:32
    Yes, it's offensive.
    Sour Dime
    +3
  • Keichi ... Sour Dime 2012/02/15 01:11:45
    Keichi Morisato
    they don't want animals killed, i understand that. but plants are alive as well so... either way your killing something to live. that is what i believe.
  • Sour Dime Keichi ... 2012/02/15 01:23:22
    Sour Dime
    It's not just that, its about animal cruelty everything is a living thing just about i think it may be more about intelligent creatures like animals.
  • Keichi ... Sour Dime 2012/02/15 01:32:08 (edited)
    Keichi Morisato
    i know of the animal cruelty thing but that has changed over the years.
  • Sour Dime Keichi ... 2012/02/15 01:36:07
    Sour Dime
    Hardly if at all did you know when making leather the bulldoze the dead cows into a back of the truck to go to the leather making facility also KFC keeps their chickens in cages all their short lives and feeds them improper food leading to retardation and deformities.
  • Keichi ... Sour Dime 2012/02/15 01:40:16
    Keichi Morisato
    and that is why i don't eat KFC... leather huh? they are dead already most likely because they were used to make beef. you tell me a more efficient way to get HUNDREDS of pound of skin onto a truck? at least they are using most of the animal.
  • Sour Dime Keichi ... 2012/02/15 01:46:11
    Sour Dime
    So if it was dogs, or hey maybe people if we decided to use people skin as leather to try and use every part of the body would you feel the same way? I mean they are already dead who cares right.
  • Keichi ... Sour Dime 2012/02/15 01:54:47 (edited)
    Keichi Morisato
    +1
    look people are people and animals are animals. these cows were bread with the specific purpose of being eaten to use the skin afterwards i good business and it is less waste. i don't know how to explain it and stop this conversation from amkeing me look stupid on every level so I'm going to quit it yes i am a coward and yes i am running away from a serious situation and i don't care as long as the animals were treated well until the point of death and i want them to be as humanely killed as possible. to use something like a bulldozer doesn't faze me because there really isn't other way to do it. you should be grateful that they at least do that much and instead of wasting it because then you would complain that they WERENT doing something like that and just dumping the skin in some mass grave. try reading "silver spoon" ill give you a link to read it. silver spoon manga
    it explains a lot of what I'm trying to say but failing to do so. http://www.mangareader.net/si... and yes it is a comic and you have to read in reverse. as it is japanese but please read and please understand what I'm failing to say properly.
  • Sour Dime Keichi ... 2012/02/15 02:17:09
    Sour Dime
    Breeding animals to kill them is also something PETA is against, and I am too, I do admit I am a bit tired of arguing over this as well don't feel bad I back out of arguments too when I don't know much about them, I only learned this information from my vegetarian friend, who recently went back to eating meat she thought she had no influence and thought it was pointless.

2014/12/17 19:59:42