Does it say anywhere in the Bible how many people will get into Heaven? Or, how many people it holds...

Ding A Ling B Dead 2010/09/20 05:14:05
I was just curious... I remember something about the dimensions being in Revelations, I think????? But, I just wanted to make sure I had a correct understanding of what the deelio!!! :)

• Philo-Publius 2010/09/20 16:28:54
    Philo-Publius
    +5
    I am absolutely alone among scholars in this interpretation (which should actually lend it weight)... but I am certain that the '144,000' which people herein have mentioned is a cipher for Adam. It's almost too obvious and too easy...

Which means that everyone, all Adams, 'go to heaven' (return back to God) ultimately.

• countusin2 2014/07/30 00:24:38
    countusin2
    +2
    this is very simple stuff. the 144,000 are elects! they are very rare, a servant can live their entire life and never meet an elect. almost all Christians are servants. a small number are soldiers. but, elects are extremely rare.
  • greg9356 2010/09/21 18:43:46
    greg9356
    +1
    Why do you even read that piece of crap!
    It's nothing but myths, fables, and lies.
    Written and taught , to keep the masses in line, by preying on their fears and superstitions.
    As are all religious texts!
  • Ding A ... greg9356 2010/09/21 19:04:12
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    I definitely agree that may be the case, but at the same time were they written with that intention? I don't really think so. How could every author of every religious text have the same agenda (to make the masses conform?)

My guess would be that some were written with different intent... possibly even all of them. What governments try to do with them is insignificant. They see the power they wield over society, so they exploit it. But, that shouldn't stop a person from being able to take the same text and realize the truth and good in it with the part of your person that needs that information...
  • Ding A ... greg9356 2010/09/21 19:04:34
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    oh, yeah... and the Bible has sex, too :)
  • greg9356 Ding A ... 2010/09/21 19:19:12
    greg9356
    +1
    That's true, but none of the good old, down and dirty, descriptive narrative, that we've all
    grown to love!
    I've read the Bible on and off for many years now, and nowhere have read "Hey Mary,
    lets add some young boys, and a couple of sheep to our little game here, OK?
  • Ding A ... greg9356 2010/09/23 22:37:22
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    I gotcha man... I'll back off! :)
  • Heather ~Warrior Princess~ 2010/09/20 21:43:48
    Heather ~Warrior Princess~
    +1
    It says that few will make it to heaven. The 144,000 is the number of Jewish men sealed by God to go and preach his word. The rapture happens first and all the believers in Jesus get taken to heaven "in the twinkling of an eye". Then the anti-christ takes over for 7 years. You have a ton of people come to Jesus and anyone who takes the mark of the beast is seperated from God forever. Btw, God recreates earth as a perfect paradise for 1,000 years and then the new millenium comes. Revelations is a terrifying book.
  • Cveta 2010/09/20 21:15:36
    Cveta
    +1
    Well if only our souls go up to Heaven, don't you think the number would be infinite since they don't physically take up room?
  • Ding A ... Cveta 2010/09/20 21:24:36
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    I think that we believe souls don't take up any room because we can't identify where in our body they lie... we assume it's somewhere and the space must be infinitely small if we can't find it. I've always believed that instead of having a soul we have behavior... you can substitute that word for soul, and in most situations it reads perfectly.

I do not know 1) if we have souls or 2) they take up space or not... and presently there doesn't seem to be a way to know...
  • kickash~the mom of þhαετ~ 2010/09/20 16:34:16 (edited)
    kickash~the mom of þhαετ~
    +2
    Interesting question, to which I do not have an answer. One would think the space would be endless since it is the spirit that goes to heaven and not the body.
  • Philo-Publius 2010/09/20 16:28:54
    Philo-Publius
    +5

• kickash... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 16:32:39
    kickash~the mom of þhαετ~
    +4
    How did you come to this conclusion?
  • Philo-P... kickash... 2010/09/20 17:04:03
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    Oh boy... I knew I'd be asked that. *smiles* Well, it would take a very long time to explain it properly, but, in as few words as possible... this is something I would say the Jews who study Kabbalah know also... not Madonna and Britney, I mean certain rabbis and students of Torah. I googled for the Hebrew letters just now to copy them and see I am not in fact alone in this, an author named Skinner apparently concurs. In studying Torah, they have something called 'gematria' they use, it's numbers... various words add up to numbers. Every Hebrew letter is also a number, like Roman numerals, sort of...

Anyway, the word 'Adam' is: (אדם). These would be our letters, roughly: ADM. In Hebrew, the 'a' is 1, the 'd' is 4 and the 'm' is 40. So we get 1-4-40. In that literature, Adam, the original Adam, is called, 'Kadmon', 'Adam Kadmon', which is the same as the Hindu Manu, and also the Apostle Paul's 'Anthropos', it's the primordial man (a hugely important concept). The root there is 'Kadmon', (קדמ) also equals 144 also (forget the zeros, they get dropped): the 'k' is 100, the 'd' is again '4', and the 'm' is again 40. So we get 100-4-40.

In one of the stories in the Jewish literature, it says that when Adam stretched out, he covered the world from one half of it to the other. There ar...

In one of the stories in the Jewish literature, it says that when Adam stretched out, he covered the world from one half of it to the other. There are also stories of Adam being '1,000 cubits high' and whatnot... these are metaphors not for a man like us, but for a cosmic being, and it's the same thing in Hinduism and other religions also. This is *the* human spirit, in a sense, the thing from which the human spirit descends and is one with. When it says that all men are descended from Adam, it's not talking about physical descent. These are metaphysical concepts that the Jews shared with their eastern neighbors and played with themselves, inventing metaphors of their own. It's very simple to find these correspondences if you know what to look for...
  • kickash... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 17:08:00
    kickash~the mom of þhαετ~
    +3
    That is absolutely fascinating! And it makes perfect sense if you think about it.
  • Ding A ... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 17:50:58
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    What was your major in college?
  • Philo-P... Ding A ... 2010/09/20 18:01:52
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    I'm almost a high school drop out. Barely graduated.
  • Ding A ... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 18:05:21
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    I'm envious! Seriously... there's a part of me that just wishes I would have thrown myself to the world for all the 'enrichment' I paid for... or rather am looking forward to start paying back :)
  • Ding A ... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 18:24:23
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    It is interesting... I'm not sure I'm using the right words, but in so many instances (with so many different religions and within so many languages) how numbers seem to have symmetry or harmony.

I guess I'm thinking about conical shapes and the golden ratio or whatever...
  • Philo-P... Ding A ... 2010/09/20 18:28:53
    Philo-Publius
    +2
    You're correct. Plato of course said, "God geometrizes." Everything in nature is according to number, to a pattern, ratio, so it should not surprise us then that holy books, which speak of God and of Nature, reflect or incorporate this.
  • Ding A ... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 18:53:21
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +2
    but it does me for some reason... :)

reason
  • possibl... Philo-P... 2010/09/23 03:28:56
    possiblymaybe
    +1
    *smart* ^
  • Ding A ... Ding A ... 2010/09/20 21:34:49
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    Yeah, see... I think I meant spiral not conical.
  • possibl... Philo-P... 2010/09/23 03:28:18
    possiblymaybe
    +1
    I find that fascinating (and appreciate you looking into it the way you did - that makes you awesome); but how to do you reconcile that the Apocalypse of John was written in Greek?
  • Philo-P... possibl... 2010/09/23 04:57:36
    Philo-Publius
    It was based on earlier Hebrew manuscripts. Most of it, the first chapters (the letters to the churches) perhaps excluded. It was, I think, RE-written in Greek, and the Kabalistic language used proves this conclusively, as well as the number scheme.

When you hear, say, in chapter 13, "Here is Wisdom (Hochmah), let he who has understanding (Binah) count (sepher) the number (sepher) of the beast (chay)..."

This is the same scheme used by Solomon, or the writer who made use of the name Schlomo (Solomon). If you read Ecclesiastes or Proverbs, the formula is identical, everywhere.
  • possibl... Philo-P... 2010/09/23 11:57:15
    possiblymaybe
    +1
    Ok I'll check it out and come back if thrashing is further required lol......
  • Ding A ... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 17:37:34
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    Could you give me a simple definition for the context in which you're using the word cipher? I don't know exactly how to read it.
  • Philo-P... Ding A ... 2010/09/20 17:41:15
    Philo-Publius
    +1
    Oh, certainly... I just meant a 'code'... a number code, so to speak. The letters stand in place of the numbers, that's all.
  • Ding A ... Philo-P... 2010/09/20 17:47:57
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    Thank you! Every time I see the word cipher I just substitute insignificant digit for some reason... :)
  • Nimara 2010/09/20 15:24:52 (edited)
    Nimara
    +1
    Perhaps...I don't know where.
    I think there is only a little amount of people in Heaven.
  • Ding A ... Nimara 2010/09/20 17:36:07
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +2
    Yeah, you know I don't have any proof of anything, but I'd have to imagine that if there is a heaven it is definitely not overpopulated :) But, that's what I'd like to eliminate... all of my assuming!

I tell you what people that have true faith are lucky...
  • Nimara Ding A ... 2010/09/20 19:37:30
    Nimara
    +1
    I wouldn't say they are lucky. I would say they are blessed.
    Ummm, I guess.
  • Ding A ... Nimara 2010/09/20 21:01:21
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    Alright, blessed... am I allowed to agree with you or am I going to get my head bitten off? :)
  • Nimara Ding A ... 2010/09/21 15:13:30
    Nimara
    Ah, come on. Why would I want to bite off your head? You gave me no reason to.
    I mean, you can agree or disagree. Whatever...say how you feel.
  • possibl... Nimara 2010/09/23 03:29:41
    possiblymaybe
    Are you speaking of the "narrow gate" concept?
  • Nimara possibl... 2010/09/23 19:03:11
    Nimara
    I don't know...perhaps???
  • I am me 2010/09/20 14:02:13
    I am me
    +2
    The 144,000 refers to 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. But in reality, Christ promised that all who believe in Him shall have a place in Heaven... it's only the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Church of Christ that believe that only 144,000 will enter and they also believe that they are the only ones.... and yes, there are dimensions and descriptions of Heaven (or New Jeruselem) in Revelation... however, I believe that it is only a part of what God allowed John to see... As Yahweh, rarely shows the whole picture before He want's it revealed, so in my opinion it's only a taste of what Heaven will be like.
  • Ding A ... I am me 2010/09/20 17:40:06
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +1
    From what I remember of the description of Heaven in REVELATION :) it sounded like a place that you'd definitely have to see to understand anything about.
  • Shilo 2010/09/20 05:38:39
    Shilo
    +5
    Depends on who's interpretation you accept. Some sects believe that the number that get into heaven is 144,000, and the rest who are "saved" will have eternal life on earth made paradise. I think most attribute that number to something else though, and everyone goes to heaven if they're not slated for the trip downstairs.
  • Ding A ... Shilo 2010/09/20 05:41:26
    Ding A Ling B Dead
    +2
    the trip downstairs... :)

thanks!
  • Simmering Frog 2010/09/20 05:31:00
    Simmering Frog
    +3
    There is no book in the Bible called "Revelations."

2014/08/21 00:26:05