Does Islam believe in Jesus?

\V/ 2012/02/10 10:28:34
Dr  Serge Reynauld de la FerriereTaken from, "The Wisdom of Mohammed" by
Dr. Serge Reynauld de la Ferriere

In Islam, Jesus is considered a divine Prophet of God. So in Islam Jesus is not represented by a symbol of his death. We all will die but life is eternal. It is not death that is important but how we live our lives.

Jesus is not represented by his face, skin nor hair

Christ hood is not in those, but in our willingness to serve life, and serve Creation.

Jesus is Love

Not his color, nor his height

Jesus is an example, pointing to the path to follow

Jesus wants us to follow the path

Not to follow or adore a painting or a statue or a human that claims to represent him.

Jesus is the healer in all of us.

Jesus is not the EGO or the self.

Jesus is the humanity in all of us, the color and form of our spirit

Jesus is of the source. The same source that is our source. The One.

Jesus said, "Love one another."

That is the only image you need of the Prophet Jesus.

We are all of the same God.

• Atmara 2012/02/10 23:26:53
    Atmara
    +12
    Thank you for posting this. I hope it brings greater understanding and brings us all closer to world peace.

Many blessings

• ivegotloveinmypants 2013/09/03 12:01:19
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    Islam believes in the existence of Jesus as the second most important prophet after Muhammad.
  • @rvind 2013/09/03 02:33:04
    @rvind
    religious volume is same in all religion nobody teach us bad manner. all these teach us arts of life respect to one another but I thing mostly Muslim people does not respect any other religion (according to me)
  • \V/ @rvind 2013/09/03 02:52:34
  • @rvind \V/ 2013/09/03 02:55:26
    @rvind
    +1
    you said absolutely right!
  • kate 2013/09/03 01:09:20
    kate
    +1
    Yes, Islam does consider Jesus as a prophet of God. He also taught us (or tried to teach us) how to live, what is important and what isn't, and died in a sacrificial manner that man could understand. We have lost that understanding over the years.
  • \V/ kate 2013/09/03 02:30:08
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2013/09/02 22:36:04
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    They indeed do! But not as the son of god who rose from the dead to save humanity from it's sins.

Of course the real important statement ALL to often missed is this one:

The Gautama Buddha warned of wasted prayer & fealty to a "Creator Entity" when there was really only one Abrahamic religion on the planet!

buddhist golden masks
  • charles nelson 2013/09/02 22:07:58
    charles nelson
    Believe me or what?
  • Karlheinz 2013/09/02 20:49:26
    Karlheinz
    +1
    One often hears Muslims say: "Muslims honor Jesus more than Christians do." Moreover, you will find that Islam has a fairly well-defined doctrine of Christ. Its view is based on the Qur'an which has more about Christ than you might think. Briefly, here is what it says about Jesus Christ.

Note first of all the names and titles given Jesus in the Qur'an. Under the personal name "Isa" or "Isa Son of Mary" he is frequently called "Al-Masih" (Messiah) and at one time or another is also referred to as "the Word of God", "the Word of Truth", "a Spirit from Him", "the Messenger of God", "the Prophet of God", and "the Servant of God". He is even said to be "illustrious in this world and the next and of those nearest to God" (3:45). The Qur'an also has a lot to say about Jesus. It relates, for example, the story of the angel's annunciation to Mary that she would have a son and the story of His virgin birth, and attributes to Jesus a number of miracles (of apocryphal origin). In a word, it says about Him many wonderful things.
  • Iconoclast1919 2013/09/02 19:27:20
    Iconoclast1919
    +1
    Very beautiful post and very true! I agree wholeheartedly. I wish that more people understood this, and lived this truth. Peace be upon you.
  • Erica 2013/09/02 19:20:47
    Erica
    +1
    Sure, I don't see why not. And I dig the spiritual vibe that I'm getting from this post!

But literally speaking, I find it hilarious that Americans portray Jesus as being a white man, but he was actually middle eastern.
  • Jerry 2013/09/02 18:35:05
    Jerry
    If Muslims took Jesus seriously, as it is written, there would be no Koran.
    The Bible was completed and closed:
    "You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."
    Deuteronomy 4:2
    That was 2 thousand years ago and we are waiting.
  • \V/ Jerry 2013/09/02 22:15:17 (edited)
  • kate \V/ 2013/09/03 01:02:11
    kate
    +1
    At least lawyers were included ...
  • \V/ kate 2013/09/03 02:39:31 (edited)
  • \V/ Jerry 2013/09/02 22:18:33
  • Jasmine 2013/09/02 18:32:56
    Jasmine
    Such wisdom and yet the inability of so many to comprehend and follow what could be a road to peace. Love and blessings to all who can understand this message and live it.

jesus is love and peace
  • Leslie Goudy 2013/09/02 18:05:43
    Leslie Goudy
    +3
    Yes, they believe he is a divine Prophet of God
  • \V/ Leslie ... 2013/09/02 18:11:30
  • scurvison 2013/09/02 17:37:15
  • polo 2013/09/02 16:58:57
  • \V/ polo 2013/09/02 17:18:59
  • JD 2012/08/15 09:45:24
  • \V/ JD 2012/08/15 18:33:13
  • kate \V/ 2013/09/03 03:51:09
    kate
    You have to differentiate between the many sects of what has come to be known as Christianity. Not everyone who considers themselves a Christian looks upon God as an idol. He is considered the omnipotent, omnipresent Lord of all. Those who idolize him have not studied, or at least not understood, the teachings of the Bible. One also has to be careful in reading our extant Bibles, even the King James version, as many words have been added or deleted, and some passages need to be read in Greek or Latin to find the source of a word or words as it was understood in those languages and at that time. Going back to Aramaic would be the best source for a true comprehension of the original texts.
  • \V/ kate 2013/09/03 07:42:58
  • Brosia 2012/08/11 17:26:15
    Brosia
    +1
    Yes they do, but they don't accept that he rose from the dead to ascend. I agree with them on this. I know that Jesus existed, but I think that he was a very kind and caring man, who spread the word of God's love and acceptance of all, including those that the regular church considered unworthy. That he died so young was a shame and a political move by the Roman occupiers.
  • polo Brosia 2013/09/02 17:02:35 (edited)
    polo
    This Statement Was From PAUL

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: American Standard Version Remember Jesus Christ, risen ...2 TIMOTHY 2:8
  • \V/ Brosia 2013/09/02 22:29:48
  • sahar 2012/07/12 19:30:37
    sahar
    +4
    i am Muslim and i believe in Jesus and i love him and the Cristian
  • TuringsChild 2012/07/12 17:37:18
    TuringsChild
    Muslims have created their own version of Jesus who is much more controllable than the One who claimed to be God Incarnate. If Jesus was just a prophet, He was an evil one. He rewards those who worship Him:
    Mat 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper **and worshipped him,** saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
    Mat 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

And He claims to be God incarnate:

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
    Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I AM: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. :63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? :64 Ye have heard the blasphemy:...

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:19 Then they said unto Him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. 20 These words spake Jesus in the treasurey, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

...

And He claims to be God incarnate:

John 8:24, "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

1 John 4:2-3 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
  • Red 2012/07/12 17:29:30
  • twocrows 2012/07/12 17:27:06
    twocrows
    +2
    of course. his life is outlined in detail in the Q'uran.
  • polo twocrows 2013/09/02 17:04:49 (edited)
    polo
  • irish 2012/07/12 17:23:55
    irish
    yep as a prophet.
  • polo irish 2013/09/02 21:22:26
    polo
    Question: What does Islam teach about Jesus Christ?

Answer:
    The question "WHAT DOES ISLAM TEACH ABOUT PROPHETS AND BIBLICAL FIGURES?" discusses the general concept of Prophets in Islam and the beliefs of Muslims regarding the Prophets mentioned in the Bible. Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was one of those Prophets. We believe that he was a human being, not a God nor the son of God. He was sent by God to us as a Messenger, to deliver to us the Bible and to guide humanity to the right path. God gave Jesus the ability to perform numerous miracles so that his people would believe him and follow his teachings. These miracles include curing the diseased, giving sight to the blind and even raising the dead. However, these miracles were performed by the will of God, and not by any special ability of Jesus himself, as he was just a human being and a Messenger of God.

Muslims do believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. However, we do not believe that this means that Jesus is the son of God. In fact, God tells us in the Holy Qur'an that the example of Jesus is just like that of Adam, they were both created from sand by the power of God. If we do believe that God created Adam without a father or a mother, it is not difficult to believe that God could create Jesus from Mary without a f...

&

Answer:

Muslims do believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. However, we do not believe that this means that Jesus is the son of God. In fact, God tells us in the Holy Qur'an that the example of Jesus is just like that of Adam, they were both created from sand by the power of God. If we do believe that God created Adam without a father or a mother, it is not difficult to believe that God could create Jesus from Mary without a father. But this does not in any way suggest that Jesus was the son of God or a God himself, just as Adam was not a God or the son of God.

Verily, the likeness of 'Isa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then said to him: Be! and he was. This is the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt. (Al-Imran, 59-60)

Regarding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Muslims believe that although those who crucified Jesus truely did believe that they crucified and killed him, they in fact did not. God mentions this in the Holy Qur'an:

And because of their saying, "We killed Al-Masih `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared as that to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not. But Allah raised him up unto Himself. And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise. (Al-Nisa, 157 - 158)

Regarding the return of Jesus, Muslims do believe that Jesus will return at the end of times. However, Muslims believe that he will be a follower of monothiesm and he will reject trinity and any other forms of associating other dieties with God. This is referred to in the following verses of the holy Qur'an:

And there is none of the People of the Scripture, but must believe in him, before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he will be a witness against them. (Al-Nisa, 159)

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the Knower of all that is hidden and unseen. Never did I say to them ought except what You (Allah) did command me to say: `Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelled amongst them, but when You took me [up], You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your servants, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the Almighty, the All-Wise." (Al-Maidah, 116 - 118)

In fact, the holy Qur'an mentions that the followers of Jesus referred to themselves as Muslims.

Then when `Isa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's cause? Al-Hawariyyun said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims. Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger (Jesus); so write us down among those who bear witness. (Al-Imran, 52 - 53)

This is because they had submitted themselves to the will of God. This submission is the meaning of the word "Muslim". Further, this means that all Prophets and Messengers and all of their followers were Muslims because they had submitted to the will of God and had agreed to follow the guidance of God and implement His teachings in every aspect of their lives.

Read The Last & Final Testament Of God On Line With An Open Mind

http://dar-us-salam.com/TheNo...

http://quran.com/

http://www.islamhouse.com/p/4...
    ..
    http://www.islamhouse.com/pg/...
  • Dima 2012/04/28 02:47:15
    Dima
    +2
    sure
    prophet Muhammad told us that we have to respect jesus and the Christianity
    but in different way that christian believes
  • \V/ Dima 2012/07/03 04:37:25
  • Dima \V/ 2012/07/12 05:55:16
    Dima
    +1
    you are welcome
  • Abdullah Baspren 2012/04/25 06:01:01
    Abdullah Baspren
    +3
    Praise be to Allaah.

· Maryam the daughter of ‘Imraan was a pious and righteous woman… She strove hard in worship until she had no peer in matters of worship… The angels gave her the glad tidings that Allaah had chosen her:

“And (remember) when the angels said: ‘O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allaah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn) (of her lifetime).’

O Maryam! ‘Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allaah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and bow down along with Ar-Raaki‘oon (those who bow down)’”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:42-43]

· Then the angels gave Maryam the glad tidings that Allaah would bestow upon her a child, whom He would create with the word “Be! And it is.” This child’s name was the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus son of Mary)… He would be held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and he would be a Messenger to the Children of Israel… He would teach the Book and wisdom, and the Tawraat (Torah) and Injeel (Gospel) … And he would have attributes and miracles that no one else would have, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(Remember) when the angels said: ‘O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allaah gives ...

Praise be to Allaah.

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:42-43]

“(Remember) when the angels said: ‘O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allaah gives you the glad tidings of a Word [“Be!” — and he was! i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allaah.

He will speak to the people, in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous.’

She said: ‘O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me.’ He said: ‘So (it will be) for Allaah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: “Be!” and it is’” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:45-47]

· Then Allaah tells us the rest of the glad tidings of the angels to Maryam of her son ‘Eesa (peace be upon him), and of the honour of ‘Eesa, and how He would support him with miracles:

“And He (Allaah) will teach him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).

And will make him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): ‘I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allaah’s Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allaah’s Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Tawraat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allaah and obey me.

Truly, Allaah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path’”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:48-51]

· Allaah is absolutely perfect in His powers of Creation. He creates what He wills, how He wills… He created Adam from dust without a father or a mother, and He created Hawwa’ from the rib of Adam from a father but without a mother. He has caused the descendents of Adam to have both a father and a mother, and He created ‘Eesa from his mother without a father… Glory be to the All-Knowing Creator.

· Allaah has explained clearly in the Qur’aan how ‘Eesa was born. He says (interpretation of the meaning:

“And mention in the Book (the Qur’aan, O Muhammad, the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.

She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Rooh [angel Jibreel (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

She said: ‘Verily, I seek refuge with the Most Gracious (Allaah) from you, if you do fear Allaah.’

(The angel) said: ‘I am only a messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.’

She said: ‘How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?’

He said: ‘So (it will be), your Lord said: ‘That is easy for Me (Allaah). And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allaah), and it is a matter (already) decreed (by Allaah)’ ”[Maryam 19:16-21]

· When Jibreel told her that, she submitted to the will and decree of Allaah, and Jibreel breathed into the sleeves of her garment:

“So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm. She said: ‘Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!’”[Maryam 19:22-23]

· Then Allaah provided Maryam with water and food, and commanded her not to speak to anyone:

“Then [the babe ‘Eesa (Jesus) or Jibreel (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: ‘Grieve not: your Lord has provided a water stream under you.

And shake the trunk of date palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe dates upon you.

So eat and drink and be glad. And if you see any human being, say: “Verily, I have vowed a fast unto the Most Gracious (Allaah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day”’”[Maryam 19:24-26]

· Then Maryam came to her people, carrying her child ‘Eesa. When they saw her, they thought that she had done a terrible thing and they denounced it, but she did not respond to them. She indicated that they should ask this infant, and he would tell them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: ‘O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariyy (a mighty thing).

O sister (i.e. the like) of Haaroon (Aaron)! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman.’

Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?’”[Maryam 19:27-29]

· ‘Eesa replied to them straight away, even though he was a child in the cradle:

“He [‘Eesa (Jesus)] said: ‘Verily, I am a slave of Allaah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;

And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salaah (prayer), and Zakaah, as long as I live.

And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

And Salaam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!’”[Maryam 19:30-33]

This is the information about ‘Eesa ibn Maryam, the slave and Messenger of Allaah. But the People of the Book differed concerning him. Some of them said that he was the son of God, and some said that he was the third of three (“trinity”), and some said that he was God, and some said that he was a slave and Messenger of God. This last view is the correct view. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Such is ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (It is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

It befits not (the Majesty of) Allaah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allaah, by saying that ‘Eesa (Jesus) is the son of Allaah]. Glorified (and Exalted) be He (above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it: “Be!” and it is.

[‘Eesa (Jesus) said]: ‘And verily, Allaah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allaah’s religion of Islâmic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets).’

Then the sects differed [i.e. the Christians about ‘Eesa (Jesus)], so woe unto the disbelievers [those who gave false witness by saying that ‘Eesa (Jesus) is the son of Allaah] from the Meeting of a great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection, when they will be thrown in the blazing Fire)”[Maryam 19:34-38]

· When the Children of Israel deviated from the Straight Path and overstepped the limits set by Allaah, they did wrong and spread corruption on earth, and a group among them denied the resurrection, Reckoning and punishment. They indulged in their desires and in physical pleasures without expecting to be brought to account. At that point, Allaah sent to them ‘Eesa ibn Maryam as a Messenger, and taught him the Tawraat and Injeel as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

And will make him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:48]

· Allaah revealed to ‘Eesa ibn Maryam the Injeel (Gospel) as guidance and light, confirming that which had come before it in the Tawraat:

“and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Tawraat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”[al-Maa’idah 5:46 – interpretation of the meaning]

· ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) foretold the coming of a Messenger from Allaah after him, whose name would be Ahmad. This is Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: ‘O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allaah unto you, confirming the Tawraat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.’ But when he (Ahmad, i.e. Muhammad) came to them with clear proofs, they said: ‘This is plain magic’”[al-Saff 61:6]

· ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) called the Children of Israel to worship Allaah alone, and to obey the rulings of the Tawraat and Injeel… He started to dispute with them and to explain the error of their ways. When he saw how stubborn they were and how the signs of kufr were manifest among them, he stood among his people, saying, Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allaah? The disciples believed in him, and their number was twelve. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then when ‘Eesa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: ‘Who will be my helpers in Allaah’s Cause?’ Al-Hawaariyyoon (the disciples) said: ‘We are the helpers of Allaah; we believe in Allaah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allaah).’

Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger [‘Eesa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth, i.e. Laa ilaaha illallaah — none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah)”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:52-53]

· Allaah supported ‘Eesa with great miracles which remind us of the power of Allaah, lift the spirit and promote faith in Allaah and in the Last Day. He made something like the shape of a bird from clay, and blew into it, and it became a bird, by Allaah’s leave. He healed the blind and the leper, and brought the death back to life by Allaah’s leave. He told the people what they were eating and what they were storing in their houses. So the Jews to whom Allaah had sent ‘Eesa became hostile towards him and tried to the people away from him, so they disbelieved in him and accused his mother of immorality.

· When they saw that the weak and poor believed in him, and were gathering around him, they formed a plot to kill him. So they provoked the Romans against him, and they made the Roman governor think that the call of ‘Eesa contained a threat against (Roman) power. So he (the Roman governor) issued orders that ‘Eesa should be arrested and crucified. But Allaah caused a hypocrite who had betrayed him to the Romans to look like ‘Eesa. The soldiers arrested him, thinking that he was ‘Eesa, and crucified him. But Allaah saved ‘Eesa from the cross and from death, and Allaah tells us about the Jews (interpretation of the meaning):

“And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

But Allaah raised him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allaah is Ever All Powerful, All Wise”[al-Nisaa’ 4:157-158]

· So Eesa (peace be upon him) did not die, rather Allaah raised him up to Himself, and he will descend before the Day of Resurrection and will follow Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He will prove the Jews to be wrong in their claim to have killed ‘Eesa and crucified him. And he will prove the Christians to be wrong who exaggerated about him and said that he was God, or the son of God, or the third of three. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, the son of Maryam will descend among you as a just judge. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and money will become so widespread that there will be no one who will accept it.” (Agreed upon; narrated by Muslim, no. 155).

· When ‘Eesa comes down before the Day of Resurrection, the People of the Book will believe in him, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) but must believe in him [‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of Allaah and a human being] before his [‘Eesa (Jesus) or a Jew’s or a Christian’s] death (at the time of the appearance of the angel of death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he [‘Eesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:159]

· ‘Eesa ibn Maryam is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah sent him to guide the Children of Israel and to call them to worship Allaah alone, as Allaah says to the Jews and Christians (interpretation of the meaning):

“O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allaah aught but the truth. The Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allaah and His Word, (‘Be!’ — and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rooh) created by Him; so believe in Allaah and His Messengers. Say not: ‘Three (trinity)!’ Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allaah is (the only) One Ilaah (God), glory is to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allaah is All Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs”[al-Nisaa’ 4:171]

· Saying that ‘Eesa is the son of God is a monstrous saying and a great evil.

“And they say: ‘The Most Gracious (Allaah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allaah, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son [‘Eesa (Jesus)], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels and others)].’

Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing.

Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,

That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Gracious (Allaah).

But it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Gracious (Allaah) that He should beget a son (or offspring or children).

There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious (Allaah) as a slave[Maryam 19:88-93]

· ‘Eesa ibn Maryam is a human being, a slave of Allaah and His Messenger. Whoever believes that the Messiah son of Maryam is God is a disbeliever (kaafir).

“Surely, they have disbelieved who say: Allaah is the Messiah [‘Eesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)’”[al-Maa’idah 5:72]

· Whoever says that the Messiah is the son of God or the third of three is also a disbeliever:

“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: ‘Allaah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).” But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah (God —Allaah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them”[al-Maa’idah 5:73]

· The Messiah son of Maryam was a human being. He was born from a mother; he ate and drank, got up and went to sleep, suffered pain and wept… and God (Allaah) is far above all of that, so how could he be God? Rather he is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger:

“The Messiah [‘Eesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddeeqah [i.e. she believed in the Words of Allaah and His Books]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allaah does not eat). Look how We make the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them; yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth)”[al-Maa’idah 5:75]

· The Jews, Christians, crusaders and their followers distorted the religion of the Messiah, and deviated and changed it. They said (may Allaah curse them) that Allaah sent forth his son the Messiah to be killed and crucified as a sacrifice for mankind – so it doesn’t matter if anyone does whatever he wants, because Jesus will carry all his sins for him… And they spread that belief among all the Christian groups until it became a part of their beliefs. All of this is falsehood and is lies against Allaah, and speaking about Him without knowledge. Rather “every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds”. Man’s life cannot be sound or correct unless they have a path to follow and limits at which to stop.

· Look at how they fabricate lies against Allaah, and speak about Allaah with no guidance:

“Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, ‘This is from Allaah,’ to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby” [al-Baqarah 2:79]

· Allaah has taken from the Christians the pledge that they will follow ‘Eesa and follow that which he brought, but they changed and distorted that; they differed then they turned away. So Allaah will punish them with enmity and hatred in this world, and with torment in the Hereafter, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allaah’s Book, disobeyed Allaah’s Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allaah’s disobedience); and Allaah will inform them of what they used to do”[al-Maa’idah 5:14]

· On the Day of Resurrection, ‘Eesa will stand before the Lord of the Worlds, Who will ask him before the witnesses what he said to the Children of Israel, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): ‘O ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: “Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allaah?”’ He will say: ‘Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen).

Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allaah) did command me to say: “Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord.”’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily, You, only You, are the All Mighty, the All Wise”’

[al-Maa’idah 5:116-118]

· Allaah has created kindness and mercy among the followers of ‘Eesa and the believers. They are closer in friendship to the followers of Muhammad than anyone else, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) the Jews and those who are Al-Mushrikoon, and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: ‘We are Christians.’ That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud”

[al-Maa’idah 5:82]

‘Eesa ibn Maryam was the last of the Prophets sent to the Children of Israel. Then after him Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), from among the descendents of Ismaa’eel, to all of mankind. And he is the last of the Prophets and Messengers.

2014/07/24 11:41:09