Does Islam believe in Jesus?

\V/ 2012/02/10 10:28:34
Dr  Serge Reynauld de la FerriereTaken from, "The Wisdom of Mohammed" by
Dr. Serge Reynauld de la Ferriere

In Islam, Jesus is considered a divine Prophet of God. So in Islam Jesus is not represented by a symbol of his death. We all will die but life is eternal. It is not death that is important but how we live our lives.

Jesus is not represented by his face, skin nor hair

Christ hood is not in those, but in our willingness to serve life, and serve Creation.

Jesus is Love

Not his color, nor his height

Jesus is an example, pointing to the path to follow

Jesus wants us to follow the path

Not to follow or adore a painting or a statue or a human that claims to represent him.

Jesus is the healer in all of us.

Jesus is not the EGO or the self.

Jesus is the humanity in all of us, the color and form of our spirit

Jesus is of the source. The same source that is our source. The One.

Jesus said, "Love one another."

That is the only image you need of the Prophet Jesus.

We are all of the same God.

• Atmara 2012/02/10 23:26:53
    Atmara
    +12
    Thank you for posting this. I hope it brings greater understanding and brings us all closer to world peace.

Many blessings

• ivegotloveinmypants 2013/09/03 12:01:19
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    Islam believes in the existence of Jesus as the second most important prophet after Muhammad.
  • @rvind 2013/09/03 02:33:04
    @rvind
    religious volume is same in all religion nobody teach us bad manner. all these teach us arts of life respect to one another but I thing mostly Muslim people does not respect any other religion (according to me)
  • \V/ @rvind 2013/09/03 02:52:34
  • @rvind \V/ 2013/09/03 02:55:26
    @rvind
    +1
    you said absolutely right!
  • kate 2013/09/03 01:09:20
    kate
    +1
    Yes, Islam does consider Jesus as a prophet of God. He also taught us (or tried to teach us) how to live, what is important and what isn't, and died in a sacrificial manner that man could understand. We have lost that understanding over the years.
  • \V/ kate 2013/09/03 02:30:08
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2013/09/02 22:36:04
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    They indeed do! But not as the son of god who rose from the dead to save humanity from it's sins.

Of course the real important statement ALL to often missed is this one:

The Gautama Buddha warned of wasted prayer & fealty to a "Creator Entity" when there was really only one Abrahamic religion on the planet!

buddhist golden masks
  • charles nelson 2013/09/02 22:07:58
    charles nelson
    Believe me or what?
  • Karlheinz 2013/09/02 20:49:26
    Karlheinz
    +1
    One often hears Muslims say: "Muslims honor Jesus more than Christians do." Moreover, you will find that Islam has a fairly well-defined doctrine of Christ. Its view is based on the Qur'an which has more about Christ than you might think. Briefly, here is what it says about Jesus Christ.

Note first of all the names and titles given Jesus in the Qur'an. Under the personal name "Isa" or "Isa Son of Mary" he is frequently called "Al-Masih" (Messiah) and at one time or another is also referred to as "the Word of God", "the Word of Truth", "a Spirit from Him", "the Messenger of God", "the Prophet of God", and "the Servant of God". He is even said to be "illustrious in this world and the next and of those nearest to God" (3:45). The Qur'an also has a lot to say about Jesus. It relates, for example, the story of the angel's annunciation to Mary that she would have a son and the story of His virgin birth, and attributes to Jesus a number of miracles (of apocryphal origin). In a word, it says about Him many wonderful things.
  • Iconoclast1919 2013/09/02 19:27:20
    Iconoclast1919
    +1
    Very beautiful post and very true! I agree wholeheartedly. I wish that more people understood this, and lived this truth. Peace be upon you.
  • Erica 2013/09/02 19:20:47
    Erica
    +1
    Sure, I don't see why not. And I dig the spiritual vibe that I'm getting from this post!

But literally speaking, I find it hilarious that Americans portray Jesus as being a white man, but he was actually middle eastern.
  • Jerry 2013/09/02 18:35:05
    Jerry
    If Muslims took Jesus seriously, as it is written, there would be no Koran.
    The Bible was completed and closed:
    "You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."
    Deuteronomy 4:2
    That was 2 thousand years ago and we are waiting.
  • \V/ Jerry 2013/09/02 22:15:17 (edited)
  • kate \V/ 2013/09/03 01:02:11
    kate
    +1
    At least lawyers were included ...
  • \V/ kate 2013/09/03 02:39:31 (edited)
  • \V/ Jerry 2013/09/02 22:18:33
  • Jasmine 2013/09/02 18:32:56
    Jasmine
    Such wisdom and yet the inability of so many to comprehend and follow what could be a road to peace. Love and blessings to all who can understand this message and live it.

jesus is love and peace
  • Leslie Goudy 2013/09/02 18:05:43
    Leslie Goudy
    +3
    Yes, they believe he is a divine Prophet of God
  • \V/ Leslie ... 2013/09/02 18:11:30
  • scurvison 2013/09/02 17:37:15
  • polo 2013/09/02 16:58:57
  • \V/ polo 2013/09/02 17:18:59
  • JD 2012/08/15 09:45:24
  • \V/ JD 2012/08/15 18:33:13
  • kate \V/ 2013/09/03 03:51:09
    kate
    You have to differentiate between the many sects of what has come to be known as Christianity. Not everyone who considers themselves a Christian looks upon God as an idol. He is considered the omnipotent, omnipresent Lord of all. Those who idolize him have not studied, or at least not understood, the teachings of the Bible. One also has to be careful in reading our extant Bibles, even the King James version, as many words have been added or deleted, and some passages need to be read in Greek or Latin to find the source of a word or words as it was understood in those languages and at that time. Going back to Aramaic would be the best source for a true comprehension of the original texts.
  • \V/ kate 2013/09/03 07:42:58
  • Brosia 2012/08/11 17:26:15
    Brosia
    +1
    Yes they do, but they don't accept that he rose from the dead to ascend. I agree with them on this. I know that Jesus existed, but I think that he was a very kind and caring man, who spread the word of God's love and acceptance of all, including those that the regular church considered unworthy. That he died so young was a shame and a political move by the Roman occupiers.
  • polo Brosia 2013/09/02 17:02:35 (edited)
    polo
    This Statement Was From PAUL

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: American Standard Version Remember Jesus Christ, risen ...2 TIMOTHY 2:8
  • \V/ Brosia 2013/09/02 22:29:48
  • sahar 2012/07/12 19:30:37
    sahar
    +4
    i am Muslim and i believe in Jesus and i love him and the Cristian
  • TuringsChild 2012/07/12 17:37:18
    TuringsChild
    Muslims have created their own version of Jesus who is much more controllable than the One who claimed to be God Incarnate. If Jesus was just a prophet, He was an evil one. He rewards those who worship Him:
    Mat 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper **and worshipped him,** saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
    Mat 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

And He claims to be God incarnate:

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
    Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I AM: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. :63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? :64 Ye have heard the blasphemy:...

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:19 Then they said unto Him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. 20 These words spake Jesus in the treasurey, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

...

And He claims to be God incarnate:

John 8:24, "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

1 John 4:2-3 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
  • Red 2012/07/12 17:29:30
  • twocrows 2012/07/12 17:27:06
    twocrows
    +2
    of course. his life is outlined in detail in the Q'uran.
  • polo twocrows 2013/09/02 17:04:49 (edited)
    polo
  • irish 2012/07/12 17:23:55
    irish
    +1
    yep as a prophet.
  • polo irish 2013/09/02 21:22:26
    polo
    Question: What does Islam teach about Jesus Christ?

Answer:
    The question "WHAT DOES ISLAM TEACH ABOUT PROPHETS AND BIBLICAL FIGURES?" discusses the general concept of Prophets in Islam and the beliefs of Muslims regarding the Prophets mentioned in the Bible. Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was one of those Prophets. We believe that he was a human being, not a God nor the son of God. He was sent by God to us as a Messenger, to deliver to us the Bible and to guide humanity to the right path. God gave Jesus the ability to perform numerous miracles so that his people would believe him and follow his teachings. These miracles include curing the diseased, giving sight to the blind and even raising the dead. However, these miracles were performed by the will of God, and not by any special ability of Jesus himself, as he was just a human being and a Messenger of God.

Muslims do believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. However, we do not believe that this means that Jesus is the son of God. In fact, God tells us in the Holy Qur'an that the example of Jesus is just like that of Adam, they were both created from sand by the power of God. If we do believe that God created Adam without a father or a mother, it is not difficult to believe that God could create Jesus from Mary without a f...

&

Answer:

Muslims do believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. However, we do not believe that this means that Jesus is the son of God. In fact, God tells us in the Holy Qur'an that the example of Jesus is just like that of Adam, they were both created from sand by the power of God. If we do believe that God created Adam without a father or a mother, it is not difficult to believe that God could create Jesus from Mary without a father. But this does not in any way suggest that Jesus was the son of God or a God himself, just as Adam was not a God or the son of God.

Verily, the likeness of 'Isa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then said to him: Be! and he was. This is the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt. (Al-Imran, 59-60)

Regarding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Muslims believe that although those who crucified Jesus truely did believe that they crucified and killed him, they in fact did not. God mentions this in the Holy Qur'an:

And because of their saying, "We killed Al-Masih `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared as that to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not. But Allah raised him up unto Himself. And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise. (Al-Nisa, 157 - 158)

Regarding the return of Jesus, Muslims do believe that Jesus will return at the end of times. However, Muslims believe that he will be a follower of monothiesm and he will reject trinity and any other forms of associating other dieties with God. This is referred to in the following verses of the holy Qur'an:

And there is none of the People of the Scripture, but must believe in him, before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he will be a witness against them. (Al-Nisa, 159)

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the Knower of all that is hidden and unseen. Never did I say to them ought except what You (Allah) did command me to say: `Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelled amongst them, but when You took me [up], You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your servants, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the Almighty, the All-Wise." (Al-Maidah, 116 - 118)

In fact, the holy Qur'an mentions that the followers of Jesus referred to themselves as Muslims.

Then when `Isa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's cause? Al-Hawariyyun said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims. Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger (Jesus); so write us down among those who bear witness. (Al-Imran, 52 - 53)

This is because they had submitted themselves to the will of God. This submission is the meaning of the word "Muslim". Further, this means that all Prophets and Messengers and all of their followers were Muslims because they had submitted to the will of God and had agreed to follow the guidance of God and implement His teachings in every aspect of their lives.

Read The Last & Final Testament Of God On Line With An Open Mind

http://dar-us-salam.com/TheNo...

http://quran.com/

http://www.islamhouse.com/p/4...
    ..
    http://www.islamhouse.com/pg/...
  • Boblawbla irish 2014/08/16 05:41:52
    Boblawbla
    +1
    You forgot to reply to the comment below this one! Sissy! LOL
  • irish Boblawbla 2014/08/16 13:22:57
    irish
    +1
    oops!LOL
  • Dima 2012/04/28 02:47:15
    Dima
    +2
    sure
    prophet Muhammad told us that we have to respect jesus and the Christianity
    but in different way that christian believes
  • \V/ Dima 2012/07/03 04:37:25

2014/09/01 14:21:52