Does Hair Dye Kill Lice?

SummerTime <3 2011/05/27 18:27:46
Related Topics: hair dye, Hair, Kill

• Sara Valera 2011/11/19 03:34:26
    Sara Valera
    Hair dye may kill the live lice, but it will not kill the nits (lice eggs). If your are thinking of using this hair dye on a child, you should be extra careful - The scalp is one of the most absorbent parts of the body – especially in children, and products that are applied to the scalp get picked up directly by the bloodstream, without being filtered in any way.  That means that these harmful chemicals are being put directly into your child’s system.

The next step is to run to the drug store and and grab and OTC lice shampoo - most parents don't realize that OTC lice products/shampoos can harm their child, and nowadays, many strains of lice have become immune to them anyways!
    Pesticide based lice shampoos are full of chemicals that are known or suspected to cause cancer, negatively affect the nervous system, or have other harmful effects. 
    The safest, most effective way of eliminating lice in your child's hair is manual lice removal.

To find out more, check out our site:
    Natural Choice Lice Removal (www.NaturalChoiceLiceRemoval...
  • thepastord 2011/05/28 00:07:53
    thepastord
    +1
    No, it won't! You need to go to the drug store and get products for lice removal. Carefully combing out the nits (eggs) are the key. Some products say they kill the nits, but they don't. They only kill the live crawlers. That is why a week later, people say they got them again. The truth is, they did not remove all the nits, and then they hatch and lay more eggs.... It is best to treat comb, comb, and more comb. Then retreat in 5 days. Do the combing in bright light, so you can you can see the little buggers!
  • SummerT... thepastord 2011/05/28 00:16:28
    SummerTime <3
    ive had lice before, i know about that stuff. just lice has been in our house for weeks now an di finally got it and my mom said if the lice treatment doesnt work then she is just going to die my hair.
  • thepastord SummerT... 2011/05/28 00:51:22
    thepastord
    +1
    If it is in the house it is a real pain................ Everything has to be stripped off the beds, washed and dried in a very hot dryer. Mattresses and furniture must be vacuumed. All worn clothing needs to be washed and dried. Five days later you have to repeat the entire process. All hair brushes and combs must be cleaned.

The problem is they are in the bedding, furniture and clothing................... Tell mom, until the house is cleared of them, they will keep showing up!
  • SummerT... thepastord 2011/05/28 01:03:30
    SummerTime <3
    +1
    thats what we are doing.
    Thankk you
  • thepastord SummerT... 2011/05/28 03:01:39
    thepastord
    +1
    It is exhausting, but the only way to get rid of them. :+(
  • GiovanniArmani 2011/05/28 00:02:40
    GiovanniArmani
    +1
    I got lice for 1 week last summer and noticed bugs in my hair, bought some Loreal Feria and BAM they were gone ASAP! It kills them because of the amount of chemicals in the dye and my hair stylist told me that hair dye with AMMONIA kills lice.
  • sky blue pink - American 2011/05/27 23:31:26
    Im Not Sure
    sky blue pink - American
    +1
    I doubt it. When my daughter was little she had them, I treated her hair. What really helped was a light coating of baby oil to the hair. The Lice slide and are unable to deposit eggs on the hair.
    Good luck
    Have a good one !
  • LadyBGood 2011/05/27 21:31:38
    Im Not Sure
    LadyBGood
    +1
    You'd think the peroxide and/or ammonia, in hair dye, would kill the little critters. If you can't go to the doctor to get a prescription shampoo....ask the pharmacist at your local drug store, what to use...they know more than your doctor about drugs and preparations.

Good luck
  • Just Another Girl (5) 2011/05/27 20:53:44
    Just Another Girl (5)
    +1
    No, it does not. And neither does hair spray. My sister got it once and thought she could suffocate them and kill them by drenching her hair in hair spray. All it did was make them multiply. She ended up with 4 times more then she started with.... OTC medicines work great though
  • Veritas 2011/05/27 20:37:23
    Veritas
    +1
    We had one year of the nightmare of lice. They loved my daughter's hair. Used every over the counter product out there. Cost a pretty penny too. They'd be gone and then she'd go back to school and two weeks later, back again. She used my comb, so I got them too.

The only way we finally got rid of them was with a giant jar of vaseline and plastic wrap around the head for hours. Suffocated them. Took forever to wash the vaseline out of the hair, but it was by far the cheapest solution and least smelly!

Look on line . . . some people have used crisco or olive oil. Good luck. It's an awful problem. WASH everything you own!
  • SummerT... Veritas 2011/05/27 20:59:47
    SummerTime <3
    +1
    I got lice in 3rd grade like 8 times, and now i got it again from my sister. i read online that hair dye can kill it. And going to use a lice treatment to get rid of them though
  • Veritas SummerT... 2011/05/27 21:02:37
    Veritas
    +2
    Well . . . I hope it works. Just be careful. Sometimes they just don't like to leave. My head is itching in sympathy for you!
    hope works careful leave head itching sympathy awwww
  • WeDON'TloveObama 2011/05/27 20:04:26
    WeDON'TloveObama
    +3
    No, but it does cover their gray.
  • LadyBGood WeDON'T... 2011/05/27 21:27:49
    LadyBGood
    LOL Right!!!
  • Jana~ una chica loca 2011/05/27 19:44:44
    Jana~ una chica loca
    +1
    not kill, but lice won't go in dyed hair
  • SummerT... Jana~ u... 2011/05/27 19:52:07
    SummerTime <3
    +1
    I have lice, my hair is died.
  • Jana~ u... SummerT... 2011/05/27 19:53:12
    Jana~ una chica loca
    +1
    hmm... dunno, I was told that lice won't go in dyed hair
  • Veritas Jana~ u... 2011/05/27 20:38:15
    Veritas
    My hair was highlighted and I got them from my daughter using my comb. Gosh, just thinking about it makes my head itch!
  • Jareth Majere 2011/05/27 19:38:31
    Jareth Majere
    +1
    Not designed to kill lice. There are OTC products for that
  • SummerT... Jareth ... 2011/05/27 19:52:41
    SummerTime <3
    i read a few articles saying that it does.
  • SASUKE UCHIHA 2011/05/27 18:30:36

2014/10/20 23:21:49