Do Your Political Beliefs Influence the Social Media Sites You Use?

Daryl 2012/07/11 19:00:00
Are you an eBay user or do you spend most of your online time on sites like Reddit? Apparently, the kind of social media sites you visit divulge a lot about your own political affiliations. Check out the graphic below and see if you agree with the findings.

ENGAGEDC.COM reports:
Like to sell stuff on eBay? You might be a Romney voter -- and you’re probably very highly engaged politically. Like xckd and Tumblr? You’re totally in the Obama camp

sell ebay romney voter highly engaged politically xckd tumblr totally

Read More: http://www.engagedc.com/2012/07/10/mapping-politic...

• tobe 2012/07/11 19:17:16
    tobe
    +5
    if its not directly about politics, i don't bring up politics. same rules of the bar, avoid politics and religion. toast with shot glass

• Ozymandias 2012/07/12 01:38:14
  • Dolly 2012/07/12 01:28:28
    Dolly
    +1
    I prefer it here or at OkCupid
  • Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan... 2012/07/12 01:24:48
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +2
    I mean, I don't think they do. But that's just me. I can use any of these things. Love Facebook, Wikipedia and Youtube though.

I wonder where does SodaHead fit in all of this though.
  • ChrisK1969 2012/07/12 00:51:05
  • realist 2012/07/12 00:10:58
    realist
    +2
    My beliefs influence both how I vote and which web sites I frequent. Everyone else would be the same. Stupid poll is stupid.
  • Daryl realist 2012/07/12 03:50:24
    Daryl
    Yet you are here writing comments.

What does that say about you?
  • realist Daryl 2012/07/12 03:53:23
    realist
    +1
    It says I use this site allot; I will take the time to give feedback on good and bad polls. Without bad feedback crap polls will increase.
  • Daryl realist 2012/07/12 03:54:53
    Daryl
    +1
    No I think it shows you like to run people down.

"Stupid poll is stupid." is not feedback, it's a cheap insult.

Any fool can issue a cheap insult.
  • realist Daryl 2012/07/12 04:07:14
    realist
    +1
    If I like to run people down I would not have provided my own opinion first.

To go into unnecessary detail; my opinion was this poll would be answered the same by any person based on the logic presented, thus it is a stupid poll as it fails at the very fundamentals of what makes a poll...choice.

How's that for more constructive criticism. I honestly didn't think it needed to be made that clear but happy to further validate for those who need it.
  • La 2012/07/11 23:47:13
  • Cameryn (◠‿◠✿) 2012/07/11 23:16:57
    Cameryn (◠‿◠✿)
    +2
    Politics don't influence anything in my life.
  • Barbara Hasler 2012/07/11 23:04:29
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    I study both sides to get a grasp of where we are headed. What I find interesting is that there is news that I hear that never sees the light of day on the other side. That is, unless, it boils up and they have to backpeddle. I find that there is a lot of censorship in certain areas and too much information released about incidents that should be kept quiet. This brings me to believe that if certain information is classified and, if it will present a favorable "Ah Ha" moment, it will be released and hang the consequences.
  • ZeldaFan13 2012/07/11 22:34:31
    ZeldaFan13
    +2
    I find it ironic how many sites Romney Voters use are Gay Friendly and NOT Homophobic! xD
  • Daryl ZeldaFan13 2012/07/11 22:56:13
    Daryl
    Ironic only if you have a prejudice about Romney voters.
  • ZeldaFan13 Daryl 2012/07/11 22:58:12
    ZeldaFan13
    lol, Romney voters are the prejudice ones! xD
  • Daryl ZeldaFan13 2012/07/12 03:50:50
    Daryl
    Do you even see the irony in your comment?
  • ZeldaFan13 Daryl 2012/07/12 11:25:30
    ZeldaFan13
    +1
    Umm, when you go around supporting a leader who's anti-gay and hates gay people and then use websites that support LGBT, then THAT right there is ironic... >.>
  • Skye 2012/07/11 22:29:26
  • TKramar 2012/07/11 21:16:37
    TKramar
    +1
    I clicked no, how did I get a "yes"?

I'm apolitical--what sites am I using?
  • VenomHalos 2012/07/11 20:59:28 (edited)
    VenomHalos
    +1
    I love twitter and amazon, but there's no way in hades that I'd vote for Romney. If I was allowed, anyways.
  • MlssCue =Go Blue= 2012/07/11 20:50:16
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +1
    As I already knew...I'm in the middle of the road.
  • BigMoki 2012/07/11 20:27:37 (edited)
    BigMoki
    +1
    I can't believe that someone put 'yes'...Freedom of will is everything we humans have...it would be a shame to destroy it...If someone likes news, porn, movies, fun, books, debates, social Internet that is his/her choice, not someone elses, especially goverments or similar...
    +1
    No - Penney's, Macy's, Home Depot, Lowe's, plant nursery's - not political at all
  • Jessica 2012/07/11 19:50:55
    Jessica
    +1
    Totally!!
  • TheTruth1313 2012/07/11 19:33:57
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    I do seem to cause a stir at times. LOL
  • Carlo 2012/07/11 19:28:43
    Carlo
    +1
    Or dont use.
  • BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROC... 2012/07/11 19:18:16
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
  • tobe 2012/07/11 19:17:16
    tobe
    +5
  • kir tobe 2012/07/12 18:30:01
    kir
    +2
    It's that kind of taboo that has kept us ignorant of the political situation here and around the world. It's taboo to talk about something that could completely change your future? That's insane.
  • tobe kir 2012/07/12 23:51:11
    tobe
    +1
    im not here to talk politics. I'm here for amusement and fun little polls. people bring politics into everything.
  • kir tobe 2012/07/12 23:53:23
    kir
    +1
    Oh I get that, but what I'm saying is that it's taboo to bring up something that directly relates to you? I don't know. Shouldn't it be taboo to talk? Who knows what might offend someone.
  • tobe kir 2012/07/13 00:16:20
    tobe
    +1
    since i was a kid I've always thought of your ballot as being secretive, or at least a right to secrecy. back when there were curtained booths that you walked into instead of side shields and tagging along with my mom to the ballots. nowadays people point their finger at other people about how they vote and some think they can tell 100% what a person votes by the amount of kids they have or their belief system. people are also under the assumption that its all black and white (not racial, i mean democrat or republican). People are also under the assumption that all liberals are bad (and I'm not saying i am one I'm just saying thats broad because so many people aren't to one extreme or the other). I worked at a steel plant with a hard core (a$$hole) republican who scunched his forehead up and stuck his nose up at everyone like he was the only one doing it right and blared his anti gay propaganda over his personal radio and dogged democrats and liberals like they only came in one color (not racially-i use the word color alot to describe type-). in short the guy was about as enjoyable to share an office with as nails to a chalkboard.
    Im not against politics but i don't believe that they are black or white (though they are for some people who make their choices by them alone) a...
    Im not against politics but i don't believe that they are black or white (though they are for some people who make their choices by them alone) and I get sick of judgment on an entire class of people because of it. I come online or visit with friends at the poker table for fun. not to get stressed out over who's gonna be the next president or vice president because frankly, beyond my secret vote, theres nothing i can do about it. and yes. i am very long winded.
  • tobe kir 2012/07/13 00:18:06
    tobe
    +1
    there are some people that downright love to offend people.
  • k fleming tobe 2012/07/13 02:01:09
    k fleming
    +1
    What else is there to talk about?
  • tobe k fleming 2012/07/13 02:19:27 (edited)
    tobe
    +1
    books, music, art, hobbies, cars.... there are a a number of things in the world to talk about outside of politics but it seems thats all some people ever want to talk about. they can pull it out of anything too. "hey george, can you pass me one of those oranges", george passes the orange and says "dam*n liberals are gonna sink this country"....
    gotta enjoy life on this earth because its not gonna be here forever. hell, it may not be here another ten years. i never see a person happy talking about politics unless its some nimrod happy because he's busting somebodies chops.
    heck what i love is those people you run into (my ex coworker was one of those big time) that you downright tell them you don't want to talk politics and they just keep on slamming them into your ear. I got to hear about how he felt about this and that and how God felt about this and that and I wanted to go "hey, I wonder how God felt about you balling that other woman after your wife had your baby". People get self righteous and they get into other peoples business.
  • tobe k fleming 2012/07/13 02:22:38
    tobe
    +1
    "what channel does it come on?"
    "channel 2 archie, the one we don't watch cause you said walter chronkite is a communist" all in the family
  • Karasu the Neko Vampire 2012/07/11 19:14:38
    Karasu the Neko Vampire
    +2
    I tend to stay away from anything political whenever i am online. It makes mt life easier
  • ☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/11 19:13:28
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +1
    Yes. I avoid sites like Huffington post, and Reddit. Those sites are rife with foolish people who know absolutely everything. I have posted on both. Reddit was not nearly as user friendly as Sodahead.
  • Inquisi... ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/12 04:50:17
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    Funny, I find Huffington Post is usually much much informed and logical when it comes to discussion.
  • ☆ElenaD... Inquisi... 2012/07/12 04:52:03
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +1
    Well, I don't. They go by the spin they see on HuffPo. Rather than get my news from one source I get my news from many.

2014/09/18 03:37:39