Do You Want Your Last Meal to Be at T.G.I. Friday's?

AdriHead 2012/12/14 00:00:00
For those who haven't been following the apocalyptic news, the end of the world is supposed to be going down on December 21, 2012, according to the Mayan calender. Sad, we know. But here's the good news: You can have your last meal at T.G.I. Friday's before everything goes up in flames!

The popular chain restaurant is cordially inviting you to feast on your final meal with them, during its "Last Friday" event. To stick with the theme, T.G.I. Fridays will be serving "Mayan Margaritas" as well as featuring "Mayan-inspired" music, decor and more. Restaurants in Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Orlando and Tampa will participate. So, we gotta ask: Do you want your last meal to be at T.G.I. Fridays?

BLOG.ZAGAT.COM reports:
T.G.I. Friday's Throwing Apocalypse Party
blog zagat reports fridays throwing apocalypse party

Read More: http://blog.zagat.com/2012/12/tgi-fridays-throwing...

• ironhat 2012/12/19 01:50:48
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    ironhat
    Not my first choice. A mom 'n' pop place nearby is reasonable priced and very good.
  • Swartzy 2012/12/17 19:47:06
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    Swartzy
    I do enjoy Fridays now and again, but my last meal would definitely be at Dorsia.

• Sheila 2012/12/17 19:45:22
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    Sheila
    Good for them!! Marketing at its finest.
  • RyokuSonic 2012/12/17 17:57:32
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    RyokuSonic
    +1
    You think i'm gonna be wasting time eating? Ha!
  • TKramar 2012/12/17 16:01:08
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    TKramar
    Just kidding. I don't think TGI Friday's is gross, I just don't see a point in eating overpriced food.
  • fortycal_sig 2012/12/17 09:51:29
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    fortycal_sig
    +2
    No, Friday's wouldn't be my #1 pick if I really believed the (misinterpretation of the) myth.
  • Sheila fortyca... 2012/12/17 19:47:34
    Sheila
    made a calendar ran out of room that will freak someone out some day comic

The one I was looking for said well that is really gonna freak folks out some day...lol....
  • fortyca... Sheila 2012/12/17 20:44:11
    fortycal_sig
    +1
    Hahaha like both versions. :)
  • bonnie.mutchler 2012/12/17 08:51:51
    No, that place is gross.
    bonnie.mutchler
    +1
    The food is awful and the atmosphere stuffy. Last day I want somewhere fun.
  • AmericanVirus 2012/12/17 07:36:12
  • ll 2012/12/17 06:24:17
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    ll
    +1
    No, its gonna be made by my secret chef in my secret bunker!!!
    No, that place is gross.
    Well, maybe TGIF would be preferable to having the last meal at a place where they then will stick a needle in your arm (lol)
  • JeffDeWitt 2012/12/16 23:08:32
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    JeffDeWitt
    +1
    I don't like any of those answers... but it's a clever marketing idea by Friday's!

So does this mean if I go there on the "Last Friday", put my bill on a credit card I don't have to pay the bill?
  • CAPISCE 2012/12/16 22:15:01
    Yes, T.G.I. Friday's for the win!
    CAPISCE
    I like it for the type place it is but Ruby Tuesdays is better
  • 3533847 2012/12/16 14:38:20
  • Dyonus 2012/12/16 09:11:02
    No, that place is gross.
    Dyonus
    +1
    Okay...I only picked this for lack of a better answer. No, they're not gross, but on the other hand, I want a proper steak as my last meal, not the cheap steaks they sell. They have good food and appetizers, but it's not what I want for my last meal.

The options in this poll were just too limited here.
  • disclaimer 2012/12/16 05:51:24
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    disclaimer
  • MOMMA THOMAS 2012/12/16 03:55:02
    No, that place is gross.
    MOMMA THOMAS
  • Ardwin_Viesheight 2012/12/16 03:33:12
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    Ardwin_Viesheight
    +1
    Haha, neat idea.
  • QC 2012/12/16 02:42:11
    No, that place is gross.
    QC
    +1
    My father was one of the original owners of the TGI Fridays franchise and I remember eating in the underground cobblestone portion of one of the first ones in NYC as a kid. Once Reese Restaurant group bought the franchise they slowly turned into very crappy fast food joints. It is sad really...
  • Dyonus QC 2012/12/16 09:15:42
    Dyonus
    +1
    I understand what you're saying. I'm not arguing against that.

But your terminology is off. "Fast food" doesn't really describe TGIF since they're primarily a sit down restaurant. It's a type of setting that promotes people sitting around and eating and spending more than half an hour. Fast Food is about getting as many people in and out and having pre-cooked food in order to expedite that. McDonald's, for instance, does this.

Now, I do agree that their food is common and does have a bit of a fast food feel, but in the definition of the term "fast food," TGIF doesn't really fit that.

Sorry...sorry...it's just semantics.
  • QC Dyonus 2012/12/16 14:18:24 (edited)
    QC
    +1
    The term fast food was meant pejoratively as a contrast between their previous quality and the quality of the food today. It is accurate as a qualitative term because Riese restaurant group controls primarily fast food restaurants and they downgraded the food to that level of quality. Likewise, they actually are geared towards getting you your food quick, at least as quick as the European equivalents of McDonalds, where a waiter and waitress take your order and bring it to you. Go to some of the Fridays in NYC at around Times Square and tell me they aren't using precooked food...
  • Dyonus QC 2012/12/16 21:56:49
    Dyonus
    +1
    Ah. Point taken. Well, I live in a pretty high populated part of Texas (not anywhere near the levels of NYC) and they get busy during the weekends, but I never thought theirs were precooked.

Could be a difference in geography...or maybe the one in Time Square is simply busier.
  • QC Dyonus 2012/12/16 22:44:38
    QC
    +1
    Probably busier in Times Square. Some of the TGIFs maintained private ownership, so it could be that the one you go to is still privately owned. It is fairly rare now to see a privately owned one still, but it is possible I think. The one in Tarrytown NY used to be privately owned for years, but it too has finally succumbed to a lack of quality.
  • El Prez 2012/12/15 22:41:25
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    El Prez
    +1
    No and hell no!!!
  • Adam 2012/12/15 21:22:21
    Yes, T.G.I. Friday's for the win!
    Adam
    +3
    Just to be clear, the Mayans never said that. They viewed the calender as cyclical, every once in a while renewing. They had no apocalyptic, end of the world prophecies. There's no dates after that day because its impossible to record all the way to the end of existence. And this was in a time before computers made such recordings easy. They stopped on the 21st because they figured that they wouldn't still be useing their calenders by then. And they were right.

Of course, I also don't think ive ever actually met someone who actually believes in the "Mayan" apocolypse. pretty sure its a concept mainly pushed into the public perception by people who want to feel smarter then the throngs of people who are actually afraid, even though those throngs don't actually exist.

Sure, Id eat at TGI Fidays for this. Fast Foods great in moderation, and its the perfect silly thing to celebrate something silly.
  • Curmudgeon 2012/12/15 17:47:00
    No, that place is gross.
    Curmudgeon
    +1
    Even if the world was going to end, why would I lower myself into eating fast food as a last meal?
  • Terrain 2012/12/15 16:53:21
    No, that place is gross.
    Terrain
    If December 21, 2012 is Real. I can be happy that i (1) Seen The Hobbit as my last Movie. Even tho i was looking forward to 2013 and even 2014 Movies. And last night i order from my favorite Restaurant that was a good Last Meal.

On a Real Note: if something dose happen on the DEC 21, 2012 remember were stronger together then we are apart. You may have a little but if you join that little with other it because a lot.

If you have one of those Old Radios, Keep Searching the channels someone will be out there to help you. If Something Happen We have to stay Claim Get as much Resource as possible and pool them together.

And Rebuild. None of us know where the safe Zones will Be If Any But If One Opens You And your Family and Who Ever You Find Along The Way. You Head There And Other With Be There To Join You.

May The Wind Be At Your Backs.
  • coolguy 2012/12/15 15:41:04
    No, that place is gross.
    coolguy
    the world is not going to end
  • Terrain coolguy 2012/12/15 16:56:24
    Terrain
    Nothing may happen that is a hopeful outlook, But if something dose happen you make sure your read. Its easy to be Hopeful its foolish to be Unprepared just in case.
  • shadow76 2012/12/15 15:30:51
    No, that place is gross.
    shadow76
    The end of the world is not coming on any day predictable.
  • Nickolie 2012/12/15 07:21:10
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    Nickolie
    I think I'll keep it simple and go out with a 50pc McNugget.
  • EmoMcParland 2012/12/15 05:13:49
    No, that place is gross.
    EmoMcParland
    In Sacramento,,CA our TGIF has had security problems. Armed Guards at the front door make,for an uncomfortable dinner : (
  • the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/15 02:48:08 (edited)
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Calling All HOOTERS & Twin Peaks Girls HOOTERS Girls Twin Peaks Girls
  • calvin236 2012/12/15 00:08:29
    No, that place is gross.
    calvin236
    Haven't been there before, so i maybe would, but not my last meal.
  • Sebastian 2012/12/14 23:53:35
    Yes, T.G.I. Friday's for the win!
    Sebastian
    +1
    I just had their Black Angus Jack Daniel's ribeye steak meal and it was DELICIOUS! The butterfly shrimp on the side was damn good, too! If it really is the end of the world (and it's not) I'd at least like to go out with a good last meal ;)
  • Shae 2012/12/14 23:28:06
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    Shae
    My last meal....

Steamers
    Mussels
    Clams on the half shell
    Escargots
    Lobster salad
    spicy shrimp (either the spicy shrimp apps at Longhorns or Bone Fish Grill)
    French Onion soup (I know it doesn't fit, but its MY last meal)
  • S123 2012/12/14 23:08:04
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    S123
  • THE BEACH 2012/12/14 21:37:34
    OMG! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!
    THE BEACH
  • SW 2012/12/14 21:18:56
    No, that place is gross.
    SW
    +2
    But the drinks are alchoholic... so...

2014/09/16 17:38:01