Do You Trust The Police?

Wayne TH G 333 2012/07/02 01:42:28
Related Topics: Police

• JohnT 2012/07/02 04:22:23
    JohnT
    +4
    I was a Police officer some years ago, spent about four years on the force, and sorry I can truthfully say it really depends just like any other human being whether you can They are in the business to arrest and apprehend criminals. The nature of the job makes them suspicious of everyone they come in contact with. If your and average citizen most of the time no problem, but you should be very selective what you say to any of them. The idea that they are there for you is not what is about. I see a lot of young police officers today based upon shooting incidents that I believe are running scared. I don't believe they have the same street sense and no feeling for the communities that they serve. That is my feelings and my bias.

• Willski 2012/07/02 02:08:30
    Willski
    +3
    I trust our british police.
    The majority of the people on here have american police, who i don't trust.
  • NoHandl... Willski 2012/07/02 04:18:50
    NoHandlebarsAttached
    +2
    I'm assuming British police aren't corrupt. Lucky!
  • Willski NoHandl... 2012/07/02 12:35:49
    Willski
    +2
    Heh, most of them aren't...
  • Jester M.S. 2012/07/02 02:01:28 (edited)
    Jester M.S.
    +3
    I have been studying CJ and criminology for the better part of the last 6 years. I have also worked in numerous capacities within law enforcement since then. Everything from a small county sheriff's deputy, to the investigation staff of the district attorney.

During that time period I have come to find that the law enforcement profession is just like any other in that you have some great people and you have some dirt bags. I can say that the vast majority of the men and women I have worked with serve with honor and its a great pleasure to call them my colleagues.
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/07/02 01:45:26
  • 2789847 2012/07/02 01:43:55
  • Undecided
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +1
    We got some winners in Poplar Bluff!

2014/09/22 14:20:10