Do you think you have OCD? If so, what do u do?

bekgomez 2009/08/20 19:05:04

• Ashley 2009/10/15 05:56:57
    Ashley
    +9
    I have OCD and I have a list of fourteen shirts I keep in my drawer half of my clothes I buy at Goodwill and half at Ross, they are listed in their color and store. If I want a new shirt/dress I have to get rid of the old one and replace it with the same color from the same store. Everyday I wear whatever is next on the list. I also have a makeup book and I do my makeup according to whatever is on the next page everyday and at the end I start at the begining. I hate not being able to choose, but it is all a part of my obsession. My room is super clean, I finish all homework exactly one week in advance. I also have recipe books and I have to do atleast one recipe persay, but the thing is I can only do whatever recipe is next in the book forcing me to need to buy ingredient the makeup also gets expensive too. I hate having this but maybe someday it will pass. I feel really good getting this all out though, because I never Ever talk about it.

• mark 2009/10/18 03:00:12
    mark
    i dont know what i have it could be ocd , add , tourettes something
  • Ashley 2009/10/15 05:56:57
    Ashley
    +9
  • SHARON 2009/08/21 05:27:10 (edited)
    SHARON
    Yep. I do believe I have OCD.I live happily with it.My obsession is lotion(cocoa butter is my fav.).All my life (38yrs) I have & do rub lotion constantly,but only on my hands & feet,the rest of my body is usually ashy white lol.I can live happily with it because I don't need a twelve step program for my obsession & I 'm not hurting myself or anyone else.And my hands & feet are extremely soft. :-) The lotion in this video is my favorite,it's very rich & creamy! Try it,it's $2.14 @ Walmart for that big 32oz bottle!

• name and address withheld 2009/08/20 22:32:18
    name and address withheld
    i dont believe i have OCD. if anything i have ADHD, schizophrenia, tourettes, something like that.
  • Julie5002 2009/08/20 22:02:25
    Julie5002
    i never been diagnosed but my compulsion is cleaning, and by cleaning i mean everything has to be clean, so weird and it sucks, i tend to want to clean my friends and families home when i visit...i cant go out if my home is not clean....
  • Persephone 2009/08/20 21:15:47 (edited)
    Persephone
    I don't know if it's an OCD thing, I've never been diagnosed with it..
    But when I'm putting my shoes on it has to be the left foot first and then the right foot, if by mistake my right foot is the first, I have to take the shoes off and do it the right way..
    The same thing with my contacts, it has to be left eye first when I'm putting them on and when I'm taking them off, the right eye is always the first.. =x
  • Ex-Angel {Fallen From Grace... 2009/08/20 20:37:04
    Ex-Angel {Fallen From Grace} ~Patron Saint of Sinners~
    I haven't been diagnosed with OCD but I have this thing about grammar and spelling.
    I also wash my hands about twenty times per day.
    But that's a hygiene thing.
  • Poetic Warrior 2009/08/20 19:52:31
    Poetic Warrior
    I have never been diagnosed with OCD. But I have other problems that afflict my mind. Bipolar, Major Depressive Disorder, never been diagnosed with ADD but feel that I have it. I went to the doctor and am working on meds to help me with all of these things. Maybe you can do the same.
  • Anjirocks 2009/08/20 19:43:46
    Anjirocks
    +1
    I have an even numbers compulsion, it affects me the most when i read because i have to read an even number of punctuation marks. for that reason i can't watch movies with subtitles because i can't control whether the punctuation marks are odd or even, i can't skip ahead until i find one like i can do with books and i can't relax unless they are even, often i have to stop reading because it's distracting me from the story too much.

it's very annoying and this is only the second time i've admitted it online but i think that if i talk about it maybe it will be easier to deal with.

i also wash my hands obsessively and go through lots and lots of soap but i think that's more to do with a fear of germs than OCD.
  • Dark Demonic™ ★ The Original SodaHead Guru ★
    +2
    I have been diagnosed with OCD. :o)

Look at my Top SodaHeads, for instance. A row of women, then a row of men and on and on. lol
  • Poetic ... Dark De... 2009/08/20 19:50:48
    Poetic Warrior
    +1
    Dang dude ya trying to blind people who come to your page......LOL.......I never noticed that before, men, women. Hope that you are good today my friend.
  • Dark De... Poetic ... 2009/08/20 19:51:58
    Dark Demonic™ ★ The Original SodaHead Guru ★
    +1
    I'm good, thanks. How about you? :o)

I made a GIF for my background and thought it looked pretty cool. lol
  • Poetic ... Dark De... 2009/08/20 19:53:20
    Poetic Warrior
    +1
    I am good thanks for asking. Yeah it is cool, but man, you can't stay on your page very long, well I could not....LOL....
  • Dark De... Poetic ... 2009/08/20 19:54:05
    +1
    Use the option in the bottom left for the default profile setting. :o)
  • Poetic ... Dark De... 2009/08/20 19:56:07
    Poetic Warrior
    +1
    Oh okay I did not know you could do that, thanks.
  • Dark De... Poetic ... 2009/08/20 19:57:25
    +1
    No problem. :o)
  • Ex-Ange... Dark De... 2009/08/20 20:35:47
    +1
    I looked.
    I'm now having a seizure.
  • Dark De... Ex-Ange... 2009/08/20 20:45:37
  • Ex-Ange... Dark De... 2009/08/20 20:46:40
    +1
    Liar!
    You always have some type of trippy-freakish background.

I like them.
  • Dark De... Ex-Ange... 2009/08/20 20:47:13
  • Tiny~The Grim Reaper 2009/08/20 19:08:56
    Tiny~The Grim Reaper
    whats ocd
  • bekgomez Tiny~Th... 2009/08/20 19:12:24
    bekgomez
    +1
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- means u do things over and over. like washing ur hands, cleaning etc.
  • Tiny~Th... bekgomez 2009/08/20 19:16:37
    Tiny~The Grim Reaper
    oo i have to clean all the time hate durty house
  • Dark De... bekgomez 2009/08/20 19:18:29
    +2
    OCD 'can' be to do with cleaning, but rarely is. That's a common misconception. :o)

It's any compulsive thing you do, that you can't stop doing and therefore it becomes an obsession. I have MANY.
  • bekgomez 2009/08/20 19:06:04
    bekgomez
    +1
    Writing. I have to have it perfect and will write until it is. And even then, I may rewrite it again.

2014/10/22 21:58:39