Do you think you can fall in love with someone you've never talked to in person or have ever met?

s h a y m a a ♥ 2010/03/03 22:38:35
Yes.
Maybe
Depends
Example: Talking to someone on the internet ONLY on websites like Myspace, Facebook, SodaHead, etc. (no talking on the phone either)

• Laur 2010/10/26 05:19:01
    Laur
    F*** no. Omg.
  • dlsofsetx 2010/10/26 00:55:13
    dlsofsetx
    I can't believe I could fall in love without personal acquaintance.
  • Chubbi3_Bunni3 2010/10/25 21:44:02
    Yes.
    Chubbi3_Bunni3
    its possible..it doesnt really matter as long as you feel something for tht person.
  • LittleMistersMom 2010/10/25 16:27:33
    LittleMistersMom
    +1
    I don't believe it's true love. I think it's more of an infatuation. I think some people want to fall in love so desperately that they will believe anything people tell them on the internet.
  • leahboo! 2010/10/24 22:49:41
    Yes.
    leahboo!
    I met my current boyfriend online. But the real question here is 'Can it last?'.
  • Pele Emerging 2010/10/24 18:57:32
    Depends
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Probably not, but it's a start on the process of getting to know someone. You can have fun, but you need to remember that what someone says about themselves online isn't necessarily real. Meeting the person can confirm if you can even begin the process.

It's certainly fun, however.
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2010/10/24 14:52:35
    Depends
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +1
    I think some people can, personally I like to flirt and tease.....I'm looking for fun and adventure, lots of laughs, and a friend....
  • Pele Em... Bob, th... 2010/10/24 18:58:22
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Love the flirting and teasing, as you well know. Hope I'm the friend, too.
  • Lil Lulu Angel Kisses 2010/10/24 07:43:35
    Depends
    Lil Lulu Angel Kisses
    I think you may feel a connection or similarities but I think you would need to either talk on the phone and see each other in person before you know for sure. Many times there may be little things that would bug you to death in person that you are not even aware of from a distance. But I do think you can tell what a persons personality is for the most part.
  • Steph 2010/10/24 03:14:23
    Yes.
    Steph
    I meant to click maybe... I have heard of it happening. My uncle met his wife on the internet and fell in love with her, then when the decided to meet face to face it all went from there and they ended up married. I personally, don't really believe in it though. It's too easy to be someone you're not online, so you never know if the person you are "falling in love with" is really who you think they are.
  • swimminggirl09 2010/10/24 00:56:48
    Depends
    swimminggirl09
    depends on what the realitionship between the poeople are but yeah i think it is possible
  • La 2010/10/23 17:41:10
    Yes.
    La
    I did. But I don't see why you're excluding talking on the phone. You can talk on the phone (and webcam) each other without meeting in real life. I don't think any long distance relationship could survive if you couldn't hear each other's voice and see each other. Just words on a screen isn't enough.
  • mwg0735 2010/10/23 11:21:27
  • Denis B 2010/10/23 10:12:04 (edited)
    Yes.
    Denis B
    I exist in NYC, and, after having heard multiple arguments about members of "the elected ruling class members" spending $5000.00 a pop on a prostitute, and I being an American, the same "elected ruling class" tries to demoralize me and others in the community by leftist labelings which don't allow me to live or love and they still fail to acknowledge the need for compensatory restitution for this type of speech and action and other excuses to destroy the morale of the American people (i.e., not building a tombstone for the 9/11/2001 American victims for foreign dignitaries to lay a wreath at the foot of), The same "elected ruling class members" which, for personal gain are encouraging crack dealers to turn young virgins into prostitutes in our communities, I'll take whatever love I can get my hands on, internet or otherwise. "Better to have loved and to have lost than never to have loved at all".
  • La Denis B 2010/10/23 17:42:13
    La
    This makes little to no sense. What does it have to do with the topic question?
  • No
    cнιвι cυρcαқєs ~*Λℓιcє*~ ♥♥
    +2
    People aren't who they seem to be.
  • La cнιвι c... 2010/10/23 17:42:24
    La
    Some of them aren't...
  • Robert La 2010/10/23 20:39:58
    Robert
    you mean most of them?
  • Barbara Hasler 2010/10/23 04:52:00
    Maybe
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    Virtual reality can do stange things to one's heart. You are literally going on a mental fantasy. The one with whom you are sharing information could be the direct opposite of what your fantasy leads you to believe. I have a lot of friendships on SH but stop short of a romantic involvement.
    +1
    they may be dreamy to look at and then you meet and it is hell!
  • Mrkando 2010/10/23 03:29:53 (edited)
    Depends
    Mrkando
    Depends upon your definition of falling in love. We all can be infatuated with someone that seems to have all the qualities that we are attracted to but the key word here is "seems".

It is impossible to truly fall in love with someone you have never met or talked with. What you may have fallen for is words. Not even close to the real thing.

Back when my son had just entered college he began talking with a woman on the internet. She sent a picture and sounded like everything he could ever want in a sweetheart. He bought plane tickets to go see her but before he did my daughter got a chance to see her picture. She was a knockout but my daughter said, wait a minute I have seen this face before. She thought for awhile and determined it was an actress. My son did a search and sure enough. Upon confronting the girl she decided it was not a good idea if he came down and gave some lame excuse. So that was the end of that.
  • La Mrkando 2010/10/23 17:43:57
    La
    Yeah well your son was an idiot. Buying plane tix to see her based on one picture? Most people exchange a variety of pictures and videos before even considering meeting in real life.;
  • Just Jenn for Now 2010/10/23 03:07:46
    Just Jenn for Now
    +1
    People lie. The easiest place to lie is online. Everyone is different in person than they are online or sending letters, and even through the phone it's a little different than in person.

While you CAN fall in love, I would advise against doing so before meeting them in person. It could mean the difference between relief and heartbreak.
  • ♥getreal♥ 2010/10/23 01:59:51
    Depends
    ♥getreal♥
    +2
    Depends how intuitive you are and how well you read the person through what they say..have to be able to read between the lines..eg..a liar, player, etc. It can happen, I know it sounds crazy but if it is meant to be..you just know.
  • jasmin 2010/10/23 00:04:10 (edited)
    Maybe
    jasmin
    +1
    it can happen, if you have a web cam and really get to know that person over a long period of time then yes, but it might not always last.(trust me) web cam person period trust
    but its a risk if you do, not everyone is honest on the Internet. web cam person period trust risk honest internet
  • Maybe
    JB from T.C.~ Ijm ~∞ijm♥G☮F♀U∞
    +1
    The Internet is kind of a dangerous place to fool around. So many people lie about them self. I would be very Leary of doing that. A long friendship needs to be built first. To me you can tell allot about a person by talking to them every day and see how they interact with others. How they show respect for you and others. Type of language they use while having a debate with others on SH. You can tell allot about a person when you find out what kind of values and standards they set for them self, and that takes time.
    Then move on to the phone calls for a period of time. I'm talking about out of state relationships. Then set a public place to meet.
  • La JB from... 2010/10/23 17:46:04
    La
    +1
    Heh. My long distance boyfriend met me at the airport. Technically I moved in with him the day I met him. But you know, we'd been chatting for 2 years or so. But still I copped /so/ much scepticism.
  • JB from... La 2010/10/24 15:25:11
    JB from T.C.~ Ijm ~∞ijm♥G☮F♀U∞
    +1
    I can understand what your saying that is only natural. Good your just living together then rushing into marriage you sound like a very cautious girl, good for you
  • La JB from... 2010/10/24 18:25:39
    La
    +1
    Yup, wont be marrying any time soon.
  • OZknight66 2010/10/22 23:10:14
    Maybe
    OZknight66
    +1
    Well.. look you never really know untill you meet them in person.. but theoretically you can fall in love with someones mind or they way they think.. its not love persay the mad beating of your heart when ever you see their face or when they touch you... but a kind of love that is only based on a mental connection. Now if you met up you may be repulsed physicaly by that person.. or you may go woo who, thats the one :-)... with love you never really know, it works in many mysterious and weird ways.. LOL :-)... and I'm beginning to ramble and talk S**T.. :-)
  • La OZknight66 2010/10/23 17:46:41
    La
    +1
    Very true. You might love their personality and mind but find that there is no physical attraction.
  • JB from... OZknight66 2010/10/24 20:32:17
    JB from T.C.~ Ijm ~∞ijm♥G☮F♀U∞
    +1
    No I don't think your rambling, I find your reply very interesting and you do make allot of sense. But I would never travel across the country unless I knew more about him. SEND ME A VIDEO !..LOL
  • OZknight66 JB from... 2010/10/25 02:28:15
    OZknight66
    +1
    My thoughts exactly :-)
  • JB from... OZknight66 2010/10/25 02:33:52
    JB from T.C.~ Ijm ~∞ijm♥G☮F♀U∞
    +1
    Have a good evening :-)
  • OZknight66 JB from... 2010/10/25 02:40:29
    OZknight66
    +1
    you to :-D
  • King Anti-Christ 666 2010/10/22 22:29:50
  • Thin Lizzy 2010/10/22 22:05:53
    Thin Lizzy
    No way~~
  • aazeen 2010/10/22 21:47:04
    Yes.
    aazeen
    YES!!!
  • Alive 2010/10/22 21:29:41
    Yes.
    Alive
    +1
    happened to me :P but i never had the guts to speak to those people so i don't know if it were true =\
  • La Alive 2010/10/23 17:47:06
    La
    What do you mean, didn't speak to them?

2014/10/25 21:24:18