Do you think there should be laws against certain people having children?

PLANETEATER 2007/05/15 15:48:05
some people are lousy role models for chidren and we have to deal with amoral disturbed individuals in our society.

• magmeister10 2007/08/11 13:42:02
    no(Please leave a comment)
    magmeister10
    +3
    Wow, I can think of people who it would have been better if they hadn't, but talk about a slippery slope! Whose standards would we use? Would we only let blue eyed blondes from the Hamptons breed? What if they had a child that had all their recessive genes and came out brown haired and eyed? After awhile that would be one shallow gene pool! And we'd have a country of financial analysts and no one to paint houses, mow lawns, serve food, start new inventive businesses...........

• Suki 2008/10/20 20:57:05
    no(Please leave a comment)
    Suki
    No. Although there are certain people who I personally think are lousy parents, you can't start saying that certain people are banned from having children. That would really be giving the government dangerous control over our lives.
  • fireware0062 2008/09/27 00:40:46
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    fireware0062
    all the ugly people should definitely not have children!!
  • Naive-No-More 2008/09/25 22:23:39
    no(Please leave a comment)
    Naive-No-More
    +1
    I know it doesn't really make sense, but I don't like to second guess God, so I will let him decide. Besides, who's gonna make the call, what criteria would they use? I mean, I think I'm a pretty great mom, but I am sure there are those that would disagree. Scary territory to get into.
  • Anjirocks 2008/09/25 21:56:17
    Anjirocks
    +1
    it's not plausible because that would be fascism... but something i read this week makes me wish that we could do that....
  • The Bantam Seditioner 2008/09/25 21:34:50 (edited)
    no(Please leave a comment)
    The Bantam Seditioner
    Giving government the power to dictate who has and hasn't the right to breed is not only draconian and inhumanly cruel, but entirely dangerous!!! The 19th century eugenicist Francis Galton experimented with his own family, breeding selectively with his fellow "ubermensch", leading to positively disastrous and unforeseen results.

Human life is valuable in and of itself, not because of any physical or mental merits or demerits present in any given human being. The intrinsic worth of EVERY human being is inviolable and absolute! I'd like to know just how many of the people advocating these measures for alcoholics, drug users, or the handicapped would feel if these same laws were devised against their own kith and kin!
  • Roxie 2008/03/10 10:01:05
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    Roxie
    Drunks.
    Drug addicts.
    Child abusers.
    If you can't feed and care for yourself, you can't feed and care for others.
    And people with mental health problems.
  • Jen**GPAC** 2008/02/20 20:19:14
    Jen**GPAC**
    +1
    If stupid people didn't have kids who would be our president now..
  • PLANETE... Jen**GP... 2008/02/20 20:49:28
    PLANETEATER
    +2
    Al Gore.
  • DEE 2008/01/22 00:59:19
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    DEE
    +1
    Some people are just not competent to have children.
  • Evil triumphs when good men... 2007/09/29 02:23:44
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    Evil triumphs when good men(and women)do nothing
    ummm can i get a heck yeah??? from any parent with sense???? dude thats just what we need right now. sike. i can see the headline now on another teen mag, AND YET ANOTHER 12 YEAR OLD GIRL, PREGNANT. and its not even just 12 year olds anymore!!!! its 9-17 year olds!!! i mean ppl seriously. get done with school first so you at least have a chance. it pains me to see yet another gurl pregnant at my school. if it hurts for me imagine how the parents should be feeling. oh and a lil bit of advice. if you don't want a kid be smart and don't do the dirty until you are completely sure you can handle it.
  • magmeister10 2007/08/11 13:42:02
    no(Please leave a comment)
    magmeister10
    +3
  • Arleen 2007/08/04 00:01:24
    no(Please leave a comment)
    Arleen
    +2
    WHATS THAT QUESTION ABOUT?
    NOT ABOUT PEACE, LOVE OR COMPASSION.
    WE AS HUMANS ARE ALL CONNECTED
  • <--That guy 2007/07/30 17:06:43
    no(Please leave a comment)
    <--That guy
    A law sounds a little harsh, but yes, some of these people really shouldn't breed.
  • The Hand of John 2007/07/23 13:30:33 (edited)
    no(Please leave a comment)
    The Hand of John
    +1
    What certain people would that be and who has the right to choose who's a correct parent and who may not be? Slippery slopes here. I always thought people should take parenting classes but then again who will teach them? Who's the arbitor of all correct. Who can grade what is good parenting? Lots of questions and most answers come with societal dangers.
  • John 2007/07/12 17:28:27
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    John
    you have a resemblance above of the person who's "parents" shouldn't have bred and it would have prevented his breeding, and then theirs! :)
  • Mercury... John 2007/07/20 15:49:18
    Mercury2120
    To whom do you speak?
  • Beth 2007/07/05 04:47:01
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    Beth
    Pedophiles should not be allowed to be anywhere near children. The President, however, is a good guy and should be allowed to raise his daughters.
  • PLANETE... Beth 2007/07/19 20:46:20
    PLANETEATER
    If you say so.
  • Beth PLANETE... 2007/07/23 04:16:13
    Beth
    Unless he is sinful, why not. Bill Clinton should be allowed to raise his daughter. He did nothing to her. His efforts were on someone else, not Chelsea. "W" loves his daughters as, I am sure, Bill loves Chelsea. I don't doubt a parents values unless I see differently.
  • Roxie Beth 2008/03/10 10:03:55
    Roxie
    What does President Clinton have to do with this poll?
  • Arleen Beth 2007/08/04 00:02:26
    Arleen
    WHAT???
  • Mercury2120 2007/07/02 04:28:52
    no(Please leave a comment)
    Mercury2120
    +2
    Is this a real question or some scientific study on how dumbed-down the American public has become?

Aren't Americans Free? or is that like a slogan..."America...The Real Thing..."

Wow, hmmm.....and I see that a lot of people believe that the government has rights over our reproductive organs. SCARY
  • PLANETE... Mercury... 2007/07/19 20:53:17
    PLANETEATER
    Yes, in theory yes, errrr... I can see your point... uhhh yeah.
  • spider_brad 2007/06/30 01:47:22
    no(Please leave a comment)
    spider_brad
    They kind of have this already in China.
  • Mercury... spider_... 2007/07/02 04:29:43
    Mercury2120
    +2
    Yes, and they shoot anyone who disagrees with them with tanks
  • spider_... Mercury... 2007/07/02 04:35:31 (edited)
    spider_brad
    +1
    And they loan us money to fight the war in Iraq. Jerkstores.
  • Mercury... spider_... 2007/07/02 04:38:34
    Mercury2120
    +1
    Because nothing would please them more than to have everyone else blow each other up so they are left standing
  • The Han... spider_... 2007/07/23 13:27:46 (edited)
    The Hand of John
    oooo good comeback Spider-dude!
  • spider_... The Han... 2007/07/23 16:13:29
    spider_brad
    +1
    I thought so.
  • kimmpossiable 2007/05/22 02:15:45 (edited)
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    kimmpossiable
    +2
    OF COURSE MY SISTER IN LAW SHOULD NEVER HAD KID'S. I THINK WE ALL KNOW SOMEONE LIKE THAT.. I FEEL BAD FOR THE KID'S.. ONE OF THEM LIVES WITH US. BUT IS GOING TO HER FOR SUMMER..THEN COMMING BACK FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR..TAKES A LOT TO GET HIM GOING AFTER SPENDING TIME WITH SOMEONE WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT HERSELF..THANK GOD SHE WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE..
  • Beth kimmpos... 2007/07/05 04:50:40
    Beth
    I love what you have done for your neices and/or nephews. Thank God you are a role model for them. Too bad your sister-in-law could not step up to the plate. You are a hero!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you are probably too humble to admit it, but please know it is true.
  • debra 2007/05/18 12:22:20
    no(Please leave a comment)
    debra
    +1
    I USE TO THINK THE MENTALLY RETARDED SHOULDN'T HAVE KIDS BUT MY SISTER-IN-LAW WAS RETARDED AND SHE HAD TWO KIDS ONE IS RETARDED AND ONE IS VERY INTELLEGENT..LOVE THEM BOTH..SHE DIED THOUGH AND HER SISTER RAISED ONE AND HER BROTHR THE OTHER..SO THEY HAVE TURNED OUT WELL..DON'T KNOW IF THEY WOULD HAD SHE RAISED THEM...BUT I AM GLAD SHE GAVE BIRTH TO THEM ANY WAY
  • PLANETE... debra 2007/07/19 20:55:48
    PLANETEATER
    ALLLL righty then!
  • Arleen PLANETE... 2007/08/04 00:05:35
    Arleen
    Double that Allll righty then!
  • Marky 2007/05/16 22:39:13
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    Marky
    +1
    Those who have been proven to abuse the children they already have. (Repeated offenders). Marky :o)
  • jackrorabbit 2007/05/15 23:10:12
    yes (Please leave a comment)
    jackrorabbit
    Interesting that you would put Bush's picture up as the example,
    instead of the woman who drowned her 6 kids. Bush's ability as a
    parent, and his ability as a leader of this nation have nothing in
    common(unless you have a hidden agenda).
    Yes, there should be parenting classes, and if you fail them you should
    have to take them again.
  • PLANETE... jackror... 2007/05/16 17:23:48
    PLANETEATER
    +3
    It was the only picture of a no good devil I could find. It's not about him raising children it's about George Washington errrrr!!! Barbara Bush giving birth to that slimeball.
  • jackror... PLANETE... 2007/05/16 18:40:33
    jackrorabbit
    Ah so now its Barbara Bush who is an enept mother then. Not a person
    who raises there child while beating and verbally abusing them. I
    realize that he was an alcoholic and has since reformed, but is that
    really a good measure of parenthood?
  • PLANETE... jackror... 2007/05/16 18:58:22
    PLANETEATER
    +2
    She raised a butcher ask the suffering Iraqi children.
  • jackror... PLANETE... 2007/05/16 19:01:10
    jackrorabbit
    Ask them what it was like under Saddam, and you will see that nothing
    has changed much, except that instead of the killing being in the
    Kurdish state it is in the lower part of Iraq. And now girls get to go
    to school as well, and the women are allowed to work and own businesses.

2014/11/01 00:29:17