Do you think the Red Sea crossing actually happened

freespire 2012/06/24 09:04:49

The Way of the Wilderness

Way of the Wilderness

The Bible records that God instructed Moses to lead the Children of Israel by
the Way of the Wilderness.

In Exodus 13:17-18, the Bible records, "Then it came to pass, when
Pharaoh had let the people go, that God did not lead them by way of the land of
the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, 'Lest perhaps the people
change their minds when they see war, and return to Egypt.' So God led the
people around by way of the wilderness of the Red Sea
".

"The way of the wilderness" was a frequently used highway passing
through a vast, open desert area, called the Wilderness of the Red Sea.

The Wadi Watir

If the Children of Israel had continued on this desert road, they would have
continued in a direction heading North East. However, God told Moses to turn off
the road, and travel in a new direction, passing though mountains that would
"close them in."

In Exodus 14:1-3 the Bible records, "Now the LORD spoke to Moses, saying:
"Speak to the children of Israel, that they turn and camp before Pi Hahiroth,
between Migdol and the sea, opposite Baal Zephon; you shall camp before it by
the sea. For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, 'They are bewildered by
the land; the wilderness has closed them in.
"

Nuweiba Beach

The Wadi Watir is a long deep canyon, about 40 miles long, which fits this
description perfectly, and explains Pharaoh’s reaction to their change in their
expected route North East to Etham.

After many miles the Wadi Watir opens out to a large beach area, on the
Western coast of the Gulf of Aquaba. This beach at Nuweiba along the Gulf of
Aquaba is the only beach that would have been large enough to accommodate the
estimated two million people and their flocks.

Read More: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=red+sea+crossi...

• Colin 2012/12/10 00:37:06
    Yes this is why
    Colin
    YHWH says so. Also the evidence which is available for all should lead to the same conclusion. However I understand why it does not - "The God of this world has blinded the eyes..". There it is.
  • endthefed.soundmoney 2012/06/27 21:56:18
    Yes this is why
    endthefed.soundmoney
    +1
    Anything is Possible, As we find more clues regarding our Ancient Races all across the planet had advance Technology or Know how. In building massive Structures on land and ships to transport cargo for trade to other parts of the world.
  • freespire endthef... 2012/06/28 03:40:59
    freespire
    you make a exceelent point and a strong arguement which will certainly cause a lot of people to re-think how such as we call them primative cultures were far more advance in understandings than the mighty nations of to day. thank you for raising this valuable message
  • *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg' 2012/06/27 02:01:50
    *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg'
    +1
    Yes, I do. I have read many convincing theories from scientists, historians, Christians, Muslims, Jews, and secular scholars.
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/26 18:34:54
    Yes this is why
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    I will also cite this:
    cite
    And first and foremost, because it was written and so it was.
  • freespire Magnus ... 2012/06/27 02:13:36
    freespire
    +1
    I think we both agree whole haertly
  • TuringsChild 2012/06/25 19:57:26
    Yes this is why
    TuringsChild
    +4
    They've found pieces of chariots in the Red Sea, as well as a 'path' that would be dry land under the right circumstances.

pieces chariots red sea path dry land circumstances

• freespire Turings... 2012/06/26 04:28:14
    freespire
    +1
    very true thank you
  • Eccles 2012/06/25 13:31:55
    Eccles
    Don't care if it happened or not don't ever take the bible as literal myself it is mostly allegorical a way to live a guide not the literal word of "God" get real nobody could ever deal with that one.
    How many times has it been re written it was handed down orally and the old Testament is the rantings for the most part of mystics "fortune tellers, clairvoyants''. Get real folks put it all into context use your common sense stop being such sheep. IMHO thats just me.
  • freespire Eccles 2012/06/26 04:36:41
    freespire
    +1
    yes te scriptures have been handed down by generation to the next, now consider how well these scriptures were retold from each generation to the next, in detail mind you. So well in fact non-believer after non believer, set out on mission after mission trying to testify the Red Sea Crossing as a lie. Only to find the bible accounts held true and the remains of the Egyptian army still found upon the sea floor even today as we speak.

it is true what you say the bible is given to us to guide us in our daily lives and come to know Jehoavh God more closely having faith in him will make your life change in so many ways
  • Eccles freespire 2012/06/26 05:28:38
    Eccles
    Whether it happened or not is of no matter to our lives today how it happened does not mean that "God" did it.
    Have a problem with that; as I believe that "God" does not interfere with the deeds of man, sort of negates free will and the laws of nature and the Universe, but that is just my take who knows might be wrong in every respect; that is the mystery not so.
    People have forgotten who they are in truth.
    I never dismiss the words of the wise in any scripture it is just the translation that most put to it that is a problem with me.
    There are many ways to find God worship being just one of them there is but one Absolute whatever you wish to call it and how ever you wish to acknowledge it.
    I recognise you and your faith and if it is implemented with compassion for all beings with in you then you are on the right path for sure.
    I just personally have a problem with dogma of any kind and push against it with all my feeble might.
  • freespire Eccles 2012/06/27 02:29:51
    freespire
    actually your concern over freewill is but not valid here as God does not stop you from murdering someone even though you KNOW it is a horiable crime against life.

God does not stop you from taking a wife of your own chosing that is just a couple of thing to consider.
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/06/25 09:12:46 (edited)
    No because
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    Wrong answer

This is a good link

http://www.english.sdaglobal....

A video download: http://www.english.sdaglobal....
  • freespire Pedro D... 2012/06/26 04:44:32
    freespire
    +1
    I do not see how you reached your reasoning here this video as old as it is and one I seen three years ago via email only clearly states the crossing took place and the evidence was and is still resting upon the floor of the Sea bed. which suppourts the findings of other non-believers who can only say yes we seen with our own eyes but do not want to accept the truth
  • Pedro D... freespire 2012/06/26 05:42:51
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    Anyways, I have no conclusion, only listed the link because it goes along with the Aquba crossing as opposed to Suez. I thought the part of Mt Sinai being in Saudi was interesting too, thats what Saudis beleive today (worked there before). That entire mountain range along the Red Sea is full of remnant / assimulated Jews and also cryptic Jews (practice of the old Jewish rituals -unlike todays Jews; in private/hiding). DNA tests would blow the lid off who's what in that part of the world. Haven't seen your e-mail video - post a link if you can.
  • freespire Pedro D... 2012/06/26 05:59:10
    freespire
    +1
    the email video was the same one you shared :-)))

but have a look at this pps attachment download via here

http://freespire.multiply.com...

and take note of the stone tablet mentioned within it very interesting
  • Pedro D... freespire 2012/06/26 06:41:26
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    Very interesting. So many of the pieces fall into place with this theory. Thanks for the link. The Hebrew carvings and the large remnant Hebrew population (they are daytime Muslims - Israel does not consider cryptic Jews as Jews and will not allow them to immigrate like Ethiopian or other Jews)
  • freespire Pedro D... 2012/06/27 02:31:09
    freespire
    +1
    you are very welcome who knows maybe God sent you this way to find out the answers to question you are wanting to know.
  • bricklyn 2012/06/25 04:09:24 (edited)
    No because
    bricklyn
    +4
    There is a translation error in the bible it is NOT the Red Sea at all. It it the REED Sea.
  • freespire bricklyn 2012/06/25 05:17:16
    freespire
    +1
    Yes some bible did write it just as you said which is why we do need to use Matthew 6:33 and test out everything for ourself :-)))
  • Philo-P... bricklyn 2012/06/25 09:57:23
    Philo-Publius
    Could not ים סוף, instead of 'sea of reeds', be translated 'sea of endings' or 'sea of ruin', as we have for a definition of 'sof' both:

nm. end, finish, conclusion, termination, ending, last, quietus, ruin, ultimateness, back

as well as

nm. reed, rush

'Reeds' may indeed have some other significance (many Bible given names and place names are double and triple entendres) but consider that this fits far better with the context of the story – of an army pursuing in anger and meeting its demise therein.
  • bricklyn Philo-P... 2012/06/25 23:14:59
    bricklyn
    The next issue is that there is absolutely no evidence that the Israelites were actually in the desert at all. For that many people to be wandering in the desert for an extended period of time and leaving absolutely nothing behind is in itself extraordinary.
  • Arizona... bricklyn 2012/06/26 01:26:40
    Arizona1950
    +1
    You need to watch video #4 ... you will see you are quite wrong.

“He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson
  • bricklyn Arizona... 2012/08/06 21:24:08
    bricklyn
    Interesting that you are quoting an Atheist...

Why would I want another fictional video based on nonsense and superstition with no scientific content or logic.

I have already watch numerous independent documentaries that have proven the entire episode to never have happened. There is no proof at all that the Israelites were even in the dessert at all. Nothing, zip, zero, nil. expert archeologist has have been searching for it for decades and not a single piece of evidence has been found.

If they were not there, they could never has crossed any body of water.
  • Arizona... bricklyn 2012/08/07 02:39:35
    Arizona1950
    History has proven more than once that it is the die-hard atheist who takes on the task to prove that God does not exist who turns out to be the greatest believers and give excellent testimony for the non-believer.
  • bricklyn Arizona... 2012/08/07 04:38:35
    bricklyn
    I do not try and prove that god does not exist. It is not necessary. There is absolutely no proof that he does exist. Why would any Atheist waste their time on such a futile effort.

That myth is just one of thousands that has been perpetuated by believers. They are the ones who base their entire lives on myths, fantasies and superstitions.

Christians have even given up on the effort to find any proof of god or Jesus.
  • Arizona... bricklyn 2012/08/07 04:51:48
    Arizona1950
    Buh-bye ...
  • freespire bricklyn 2012/06/26 04:48:26
    freespire
    who is to say they never left thing dropped along the way?

if you drop a hundred dollars on the street how long do you think it will stay there?
  • bricklyn freespire 2012/08/06 21:26:07
    bricklyn
    When you have thousands of people wandering in a dessert for over 40 years. Something has to have been left.

People would have died and been buried.
  • freespire bricklyn 2012/08/07 05:09:08
    freespire
    and whos to say there is no human remains buried in the sands?

have you been out and looked?
  • Sebastiaan Oosterveld 2012/06/25 03:42:15
    Sebastiaan Oosterveld
    I cross every sea.. so to speak, of course. Sometimes I use my Sexual Radar
  • freespire Sebasti... 2012/06/25 05:18:11
    freespire
    no sure how that works maybe you want to sahre some more ?
  • Sebasti... freespire 2012/08/03 17:35:17
    Sebastiaan Oosterveld
    Hard to explain.. but there are ways to detect shallow water and deep water. Elephants, for example, are experts in that erea. They use their big slurfs to detect water. They smell it, feel it andd hear it
  • freespire Sebasti... 2012/08/05 06:12:56
    freespire
    ah yes but we are talking about humans in a time long before techonolgy like we have today was ever around.

what people in today's mindset have to do is stop and think time zones compared with time zone they are living in.

how did the people live in Moses day?

did they have mobile phones?

did they have saterlite navergationing devices?

or how about fast moving cars and trucks?

now ask yourself if you were getting chased by an angry army seeking to murder every last man woman and child, would you run to an uncrossable sea shore?

can you imagine the mind set of these people knowing they are being hunt like dog's to be slautered like sheep?

as I said consider the full amount of facts here and you will soon realize Jehovah was leeding the people he once called his own. why they are not now is another discussion for another day.
  • Sebasti... freespire 2012/08/05 18:26:54
    Sebastiaan Oosterveld
    +1
    I watched the 2006 version of 10 Commandments and I thought it was a very pragmatic, gnostic version. I can live with that idea of the Moses journey. But Im living on instincts.
  • freespire Sebasti... 2012/08/06 02:11:21
    freespire
    yes the 2006 version was more just a shakspere play then based on the bible facts like the earlier one called in the beginning. I think far to many forget the way life was lived and how much it means in comparison compared to-day's time. as I said above.

really does make one stop to re-think about everything what do you think?
  • Sebasti... freespire 2012/08/06 13:27:49
    Sebastiaan Oosterveld
    +1
    The biblical version mentions UFO's also. There is a great Youtube channel that shows you pictures and stuff..

• freespire Sebasti... 2012/08/07 05:21:36
    freespire
    excellent thanks yes there is many things the book of Daniel spoke about would be made known at the time of the end

are we at the time of the end?
  • Sebasti... freespire 2012/08/08 10:15:44
    Sebastiaan Oosterveld
    +1
    Yep! It is also on doomsdaytube.com. But don't worry ... there are other dimensions
  • freespire Sebasti... 2012/08/09 05:55:09
    freespire
    I am not worried for if one diamention fails so do all the others given they are on the same space.

2014/12/22 08:29:39