Do you think that young men or even teen boys should have a vasectomy (this is reversible) before they start having sex to alleviate unwanted childbirth and wait untill fatherhood has meaning and value?

sp007 2008/12/16 02:02:43
Yes! Take back the POWER!!! save the children, save ourselves!
No vesectomy!
I think that men need to take a stand for "CHOICE" (which takes the POWER away from women) and have a vasectomy when there are able to produce semen or before becoming sexually active. This then takes the worry about the “CHOICE” of whether or not she will keep it or abort it. There is no resentment on his part and she does not have to worry about how she will look standing in the welfare line or rush home to watch "My Baby's Daddy is a DEAD BEAT DAD" on Jerry, Oprah, Maury etc...

I know a guy that had sex with a woman who poked holes in the condom so she could get pregnant. I have also heard of women who have taken a used condom from her partner and inseminated herself after they had sex without his knowledge. Both of whom now pay child support. Nothing is right about this, but the law is the law. Check this blog out …http://feel.uninea.fi/~besa/wordpress/?s=careful

Also there is the kind of guy who does not have the will power to put on a condom or even pull out. He is the stupid one who thinks he’s a man for seeding the soil and because he loves her until the deed is done. Once the seed has been planted there is a huge reality that happens – she’s pregnant! All of a sudden he realizes that he did not love her and “What was I thinking” crosses his mind not to mention all the explicatives. Your whole life flashes before you and then you do the unthinkable (usually one of two things). The first is dig deep down inside yourself and pretend that you can handle this and decide that you are going to marry her because it’s the right thing to do (so noble), even if you have only known each other for 3 months (this can vary from days to weeks as well). Or the second is BLAME her for your stupidity. Thus, resulting in a lifelong resentment and unpaid child support because you are going to make her suffer (never mind about taking care of your child, it was her fault after all). This will then result in a financial disaster that you cannot even begin to fathom. But hey you get to be right!!!

• Dinker 2008/12/16 02:18:45
    I think that...
    Dinker
    +5
    That proposal is a bit extreme and gives males carte blanche to engage in promiscous and perhaps deadly sexual behavior. It provides one more reason NOT to wear condoms.

• Saturn 2010/03/15 18:24:49
    Saturn
    +2
    I dont see the point in procreation anyway so im all for vasectomies.Lets go out as a species gracefully.
  • Bye! 2008/12/28 01:16:54
    Bye!
    +3
    Great question SP! Yes, it's a little extreme and even a little dangerous. I think that early vasectomy should be an option. It is not a cure all, and as others have said here leads to neglect of protection from STD's. However, no matter what happens on this planet, there will always be those who are irresponsible and get themselves in trouble. I have always been in favor of steriliation and putting a stop to wanton breeding practices. Moreover, I do firmly believe that males need to take their personal power back away from those females that use the baby making machine as a tool for control and manipulation. No matter what, there is no one cure all for any of these problems. In addition to that I think there are those who will fear the vasectomy thing in young males, NOT so much because it is often irreversible, but because once many males get used to being sterile as they grow older, they will find out that they prefer themselves and their lives that way. I too have seen at least one Oprah show about this subject and also know of several men (including gay men) who ended up as fathers and husbands "by surprise". I was almost one of them myself at 19 having been raped in a drunken stupor by a 32 year old woman! LOL Two of my three nephews were fathers "by surprise" by t...""'
    Great question SP! Yes, it's a little extreme and even a little dangerous. I think that early vasectomy should be an option. It is not a cure all, and as others have said here leads to neglect of protection from STD's. However, no matter what happens on this planet, there will always be those who are irresponsible and get themselves in trouble. I have always been in favor of steriliation and putting a stop to wanton breeding practices. Moreover, I do firmly believe that males need to take their personal power back away from those females that use the baby making machine as a tool for control and manipulation. No matter what, there is no one cure all for any of these problems. In addition to that I think there are those who will fear the vasectomy thing in young males, NOT so much because it is often irreversible, but because once many males get used to being sterile as they grow older, they will find out that they prefer themselves and their lives that way. I too have seen at least one Oprah show about this subject and also know of several men (including gay men) who ended up as fathers and husbands "by surprise". I was almost one of them myself at 19 having been raped in a drunken stupor by a 32 year old woman! LOL Two of my three nephews were fathers "by surprise" by the time they were 16, by older girls. No amount of talking to them and teaching them and begging them could get the message across! "You stick that in girl....you get baby....you life is over.....period". They were positive that those girls wouldn't let that a baby happen to them. Males need to be taught early on that they are basically stupid ignoramuses and have no where-with-all when it comes to females! LOL
  • Jennifer 2008/12/18 00:01:33
    I think that...
    Jennifer
    +3
    this is a very extreme idea
    but very true in its own ways.
    the second paragraph is a bit
    too extreme??
    a woman who inseminates herself with a used condom
    is just outrageously stupidly disgusting and has a mental problem
    she should have just found a willing partner or go to a fertillity clinic
    the idea of a reversible vasectomy is a great idea for the guys.
    the younger, everyone knows that men especially adolescent boys will most
    definitely have sex around their teen years, no doubt about it. but if they have the surgery
    then they won't have to worry about pregnancy then later on when the time is right they can reverse it and produce kids at the correct and desirable time
  • Jay Jennifer 2010/05/30 16:01:14
    Jay
    or they can keep it as it is not all men want to reproduce
  • KatWoman 2008/12/16 20:37:58 (edited)
    I think that...
    KatWoman
    +2
    It could be a good idea, but that will not protect you from AIDS & STD's.... plus you need to let the boy know about it, so he can remember to get it reversed upon marriage. Best birth control, Ladies close you legs & Dudes keep in your pants... LOL!!
  • sp007 KatWoman 2008/12/16 22:43:54
    sp007
    +1
    Thank you for your response. I agree 100% with the std thing. However, the intention really is about men getting their power of choice back before ever finding themselves in an unfortunate position. I really should have been clear with my question. My fault. I thank you again for your great response....
  • KatWoman sp007 2008/12/17 05:04:09 (edited)
    KatWoman
    +2
    Oh ok, is see what you're saying. I guess the answer is yes? It'll actually help with those men that like to leave many girls pregnant at the same time & not respond to their kids. Just as it'll help with those women that think they can tie a man up with a child. Is that better? if is by choice..then the men have that option.
  • sp007 KatWoman 2008/12/18 02:54:07
    sp007
    +1
    yes that is better... Thank you for your relpy!!!
  • Jay KatWoman 2010/05/30 16:03:10
    Jay
    well duh no one stupid about that fact condom protect from aids vasectomies protect from pregnancies
  • . . . . 2008/12/16 07:52:31 (edited)
  • sp007 . . . . 2008/12/16 08:08:53
    sp007
    +2
    Well said ClarissaClaire! I'm eye to eye with ya baby! You ROCK!!!! clarissaclaire eye eye ya baby rock
  • . . . . sp007 2008/12/16 08:14:20
  • sp007 . . . . 2008/12/16 08:31:22
    sp007
    +2
    My pleasure, My Lady,

pleasure lady
  • y2kelkdog 2008/12/16 05:54:23
    y2kelkdog
    +2
    In most state this procedure is consederd optional which means the parents cannot Decide for the Child. and since the child is a minor cannot make the decision for themselves .Children emulate the behavior they see around them ,TV Movies And what we as parents do ,If parents are promiscus odds are so will the child....Teaching abstinence dosen't work well either ask Sarah Palin. Teaching responcible behavior is our best bet then pray that they listend
  • sp007 y2kelkdog 2008/12/16 07:19:19 (edited)
    sp007
    +1
    Hmmm... You may be on to something y2doggie. What about the young adults. Do you think that this could be a good thing for them? I wish for myself that I would have had one when I was 18. I had many sex-ed classes and long talks from "The Mom" and still made the choice to have unprotected sex. Mom was by no means a tramp either. So my decision was based solely on my own desires and not from my environment. As far as good ol' sarah palin, God love her! She meant well with her children as well as with the election. I am sure all parents pray their babies grow up responsible. Good response for a doggie too.
  • Flowerbomb 2008/12/16 05:30:03
    No vesectomy!
    Flowerbomb
    +4
    Vasectomies are not always reversible, in fact 40%-50% reversal procedures fail. It also does not protect from STD's. We need to teach our children about sex and to respect themselves. Ideally we would like to encourage abstience until they are in a committed, adult relationship but, we need to be practical and face the reality that teens and young adults do have sex. We need to teach them about safe sex and if pregnancy occurs we need to promote and encourage adoption as an option.
  • just me Flowerbomb 2008/12/16 06:53:07 (edited)
    just me
    +3
    Double raves. I wasn't certain about the exact percentage in vasectomy reversal failures. Guys need to be fully aware of the consequences if they are thinking about this procedure as birth control. Also can't emphasize enough the importance of parents establishing a clear, trusting line of communication with their kids regarding sex. Too many young girls fantasize about marriage and motherhood as if it were playing house. A good dose of reality is in order. Taking care of a screaming baby for a few days with upchuck, dirty diapers, and colic is great birth control.
  • sp007 just me 2008/12/16 07:47:19
    sp007
    +3
    Better yet I'll give'm my 15 yro old for a few months. The upchuck and dipers are heaven compared to the hell this kid puts me through. LOL
  • sp007 Flowerbomb 2008/12/16 07:01:54
    sp007
    +3
    Thank you for the stats on reversal Flowerbomb I did not know that. There are many smart people that I can learn from - this is good. I agree with the lack of protection from std's. I also concur with the ideals you have set forth. However, I believe that these conversations already take place with parents and pregnancy keeps happening.
  • Flowerbomb sp007 2008/12/16 07:47:27
    Flowerbomb
    +2
    I think conversations take place but tend to be more like lectures than an open line of communication. I think too many parents don't care and others won't face the reality that their child is or will be sexually active. I think too many young people are keeping their children when they don't really want to be parents or are just not mature enough to handle it, we need to encourage adoptions and make welfare, food stamps, housing and medicaid more difficult to receive so as not to enable.
  • sp007 Flowerbomb 2008/12/16 07:49:04
    sp007
    +2
    You are right on the money!
  • graveshifter666 2008/12/16 04:05:43
    I think that...
    graveshifter666
    +2
    no!!! lets reverse the question a bit..... do you think that once a young woman is able to say, get pregnant... she should have her tubes tied?? or even a hystrectomy??? i dont whether it is reversable or not.

here is a more responsible approach.. parents need to more proactive and talk to their teens about sex.... about the things that can happen if you have unprotected sex.. being educated about sex, to me, is the more effective approach. i also think that such procedures would increase the number of std's in teens.... cause alot of them would have a false sense of "security."

interesting question though...... good topic
  • sp007 gravesh... 2008/12/16 04:36:42
    sp007
    +2
    I agree 100% graveshifter. I also think that problem with that is there is not enough concerned parents. It's sad but true. Even good parents run into to this kind of problem. This topic is very controversial for so many reasons. I think that the welfare rate would definitely dwindle. It would also affect the economy 18 years later if society would agree to this.The con's could possibly be a vasectomy gone wrong and some poor chap would not be able to have kids. Also the increase in STD's are a huge factor. I am curious to see were this goes. Thanks for the response.
  • noopinion 2008/12/16 04:00:18
    No vesectomy!
    noopinion
    +4
    There are much better, safer choices for birth control. And vasectomy sure doesn't protect you from disease. Best advice is don't let someone fool with your condom long enough to poke holes in it! choices birth vasectomy protect disease advice fool condom poke holes
  • sp007 noopinion 2008/12/16 04:37:45
    sp007
    +2
    You are correct! I think that there needs to be condom police. LOL.
  • just me 2008/12/16 03:28:40
    No vesectomy!
    just me
    +3
    This is a pretty drastic measure when it may not be reversible later on. Then there are STDs to think about if you really want to be responsible.
  • sp007 just me 2008/12/16 04:38:48
    sp007
    +2
    Drastic perhaps. However I am sure there is a way to reverse this. I agree too with the std's.
  • Self - Deactivation. 2008/12/16 02:55:24
    I think that...
    Self - Deactivation.
    +2
    that is a personal decision that one should make themselves. there are enough forms of birth control out there to prevent unwanted pregnancies. kids should be educated, those engaging should learn the meaning of the word RESPONSIBLE
  • sp007 Self - ... 2008/12/16 04:40:50
    sp007
    +1
    I agree with you as well. The problem is that responsibility does not happen.
  • Eddie 2008/12/16 02:26:41
    I think that...
    Eddie
    +3
    Teen girls should keep thier legs closed if they don't want a baby.
  • sp007 Eddie 2008/12/16 04:42:09
    sp007
    +2
    Absolutely for sure! But what about the boy?
  • Aya Dorsey Eddie 2011/05/20 02:15:52
    Aya Dorsey
    +2
    & Teen boys should keep it in their pants.
  • ©TransAmTam~Metal Queen \m/ 2008/12/16 02:20:03 (edited)
  • sp007 ©TransA... 2008/12/16 02:21:16
    sp007
    +2
    This is true!!!
  • Eddie ©TransA... 2008/12/16 02:27:20
    Eddie
    +3
    Goes both ways.
  • ©TransA... Eddie 2008/12/16 02:28:17
  • Eddie ©TransA... 2008/12/16 02:29:23
    Eddie
    +3
    exactly
  • sp007 ©TransA... 2008/12/16 04:43:19
  • sp007 Eddie 2008/12/16 04:42:58
  • Dinker 2008/12/16 02:18:45
    I think that...
    Dinker
    +5

2014/09/03 00:30:58