Do you Think people who Eat Shrimp are going to Hell?

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/05/16 02:42:11
Do you Think people who Eat shrimp are going to hell?
Why not the Bible Says so
people eat shrimp bible
Leviticus 11:9-12
These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10
These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat: whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

waters fins scales ye eat fins scales ye eat unclean

ruined by scribes, ruined by pedophiles in robes, ruined by pharisees, ruined by vatican, by constantine, paul, peter, king james, by the blood of the crusades, the blood of salem, the blood of the inquisition, by the pettiness of Joel Osteens wife, the hypocrisy of Bakker, Swaggart, and many others.
bible meme knowledge

its a book written by man, for man, to control man. it still contains immoral stories, but thats the whole point! there stories. even if Bible Thumpers argue that they were orginally the word of god, its been translated and re-written so many times by so many different men, that they have all put there spin on the interpretation, so it the word of man!

• Picasso's Cat 2012/06/05 00:13:37
    Picasso's Cat
    An appendage that helps something swim underwater is a fin !
    So all those little legs on a shrimp arn't legs they stand on, because shrimp don't stand up, they are fins that help them to swim under the water with.
    And I look forward to going to that religious "fake" hell if I'm wrong, lol!!!!!
    But I'm not wrong, because there is no such place as hell but in the mind.

shrimp swimming
    This is a "Swimming Shrimp", see how it uses it's legs like a fish uses it's "fins".
    Get real people, and get plenty of Tartar sauce!
  • Captain Bacon 2012/06/04 20:20:47 (edited)
    Captain Bacon
    +1
    And don't let me effing catch you eatin da dirty pork either......Hear me!!!! LMFAO!!! god hates pork
  • Captain... Captain... 2012/06/04 20:22:20
  • RogerCoppock 2012/06/04 17:10:46 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    This Buddhist's perspective is that, "People who think eating shrimp sends people to hell, are already in hell themselves." (Buddhists have a different concept for "Hell." You don't have to die to get there.)
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/06/04 16:40:51
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Yes I do. :-)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/06/04 16:49:29
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    invasion body snacher Sinner!
  • layla 2012/06/04 16:21:28
    layla
    Well if that's true I must be going to a place worse than hell, cuz I eat shrimp all the time!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... layla 2012/06/04 16:25:49
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Actually this poll is intented to make fun of those who scream God will send people to hell for minor offenses
  • starman.gary 2012/05/22 17:51:35
    starman.gary
    Jewish food laws were probably based on health concerns. Shellfish poop in their shells, improperly cooked pork can transmit trichinosis. Christ said that it's not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, but what comes out of him.
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/05/22 15:52:29
    Margaret Jacobson
    I do njot eat shrimp OFTEN............TOO EXPENSIVE...I think that JEWS do NOT eat shrimp because they are considered a separate nation........to me a matter of prefernce.......IF SOMEBODY DIDN'T EAT THEM THERE WOULD BE AN OCEAN FULL OF THEM ????
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Margare... 2012/05/22 15:59:34
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Fish eat Shrimp too you realize
  • Michael 2012/05/22 15:18:33
    Michael
    Abomination is anything provoking a feeling of extreme disgust or revulsion, it in no way means anyone is going anywhere! Shrimp are scavengers, and it is a health issue not to eat them.
  • Spe168 2012/05/22 14:46:40
    Spe168
    Leviticus literally is called "The Law". However we are no longer under 'The Law", but favored by Grace, after the death of Our Lord and Saviour.
  • bob h. 2012/05/22 14:38:52
    bob h.
    Buts it's real small hell.
  • the fuze 2012/05/22 12:32:14
    the fuze
    Questions/topics like this are exhausting.
  • MissNovemberTuesday 2012/05/22 04:50:39
    MissNovemberTuesday
    Hahahaha! Yeah right! (Read this vote as sarcasm.)
  • carrotcat 2012/05/22 03:05:36
    carrotcat
    LOL, eat whatever you want. But if I eat shrimp I go straight to the ER, is that God's punishment?
  • megan 2012/05/22 00:54:16
    megan
    pppffft! The Bible is a book, not the law.
  • BillyBlaine 2012/05/22 00:17:19 (edited)
    BillyBlaine
    This is so absurd, but it does indeed underscore a complete lack of familiarity and understanding of the "Mosaic Law", by many self described "Christians", to my mind "Christianist" in the US! There is only one group of people on the Planet who attempt to observe the whole of the "Mosaic Law", and no group of Christians are among these! The Jews of the "Hasidim", ya know the Men in the funny hats, and "Curly Cue Side Burns", on Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattans' "Diamond District?
  • Pat 2012/05/21 20:59:49
    I hope not. I ate a bunch of shrimp yesterday at a party. Besides there is no hell other than the one we may make for ourselves on earth.
  • bob h. Pat 2012/05/22 14:47:32
    bob h.
    +1
    Don't tell them that. Bible bangin' is a billion $$ industry.
  • kofp 2012/05/21 15:25:51 (edited)
    kofp
    The editor here needs to be more attentive.

The reason we are not to eat of these animals (shrimps and others) is for health reasons. People got sick on these seafoods easily from being in stagnant waters and G-d wanted His people to be in good health. Eating forbidden foods (as described in the Torah) will not send you to hell more than any other transgression in your lifetime.

The argument that eating shrimp equates with going to hell is rather much (unless it's hell on earth from food poisoning)! I mean people steal things like cheap pens and pencils from various places without even knowing it often enough. Does that mean they go to hell?

There is a reason for holidays like Yom Kippur for things like this, that's why it exists, to reflect on a year past. You pray for what you did wrong. However frankly I think sacrificing an animal for your mistakes seems even more sinful and barbaric if you ask me. It brings negative energy into the world for G-d's creation.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... kofp 2012/05/21 15:43:52
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2

bible thumpers argue orginally god translated re-written times spin interpretation
    ruined by scribes, ruined by pedophiles in robes, ruined by pharisees, ruined by vatican, by constantine, paul, peter, king james, by the blood of the crusades, the blood of salem, the blood of the inquisition, by the pettiness of Joel Osteens wife, the hypocrisy of Bakker, Swaggart, and many others
    salem blood inquisition pettiness joel osteens wife hypocrisy bakker swaggart
  • Fef ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/05/21 20:50:57
    Fef
    +2
    so you have no tolerance for people of faith?
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Fef 2012/05/21 20:51:43
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    one more Time
  • Fef ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/05/21 20:56:13
    Fef
    +1
    u mad bro?
    u mad bro
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Fef 2012/05/21 21:10:38
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Horus (Egypt 3000 BC)- Born on Dec.25th, Born of a Virgin, Star in the East, Adorned by 3 Kings, Teacher at the age of 12, Baptized/Ministry at the age of 30, Had 12 Disciples, Performed miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water. He was known by many names such as "the truth", "lamb of god", "the Light", etc. After being betrayed "Typhon", he was crucified and buried for 3 days and was resurrected
    lamb god light betrayed typhon crucified buried 3 days resurrected
    Mithra (Persia 1200 BC)- Born on Dec.25th, Born of a Virgin, had 12 disciples, performed miracles, upon his death was buried for 3 days and was resurrected, he was referred to as "the truth", "the light" etc. The days of worship was "Sunday", Mithras is the god from whom Christians stole their myth of Christ's divinity. Without Mithras, Jesus would be only the simple Jewish reformer of the Ebionites
  • Fef kofp 2012/05/21 20:50:37
    Fef
    +1
    God didn't explain His reasoning, and we shouldn't assume He meant it for health reasons alone. God said it and that should suffice

God also meant it for the Jews, not for pagans and heathens.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Fef 2012/05/21 20:53:32
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    no God meant the Old Tesament laws for the HEBREWS only

The original Ten Commandments
    The wordings are as follows and one can see how they changed over the centuries....
    The Deuteronomists ignored the Yahwists decalogue and used ..Yahweh spoke those words from the middle of the flames and the steam and the volcanic ash.. The he engraved them on two tablets and gave them to me (Deut. 5:22 The decalogue that preceded those words 5:7-21 were as Follows..

1. you are to admit no foreign gods into where I gaze.. (there had to be other gods)
    2. You are not to make yourself carved representations of any shape found in the skies above or in the land below or in the water on which the land floats, and Kowtow in homage before them and honour them. (No craven images)
    3. you are not to swear in Yahweh your Gods' name that which is false.
    4. You are to slave for 6 days completing all of yur chores, But the seventh day is Yahweh your gods' seventh, your're not to do any chores..
    5. Worship your father and your mother so that you will live a long time and prosper...
    6. You are not to Retsakh (Kill a Fellow jew.) (No mention of anyone else)
    7. You are not to Naf,,(ejaculate sperm in the wife of a fellow jew)
    8. You awre not to Goniv (rob a fellow Jew)
    9,, You are not to give testimony again...

The original Ten Commandments

9,, You are not to give testimony against your fellow jew...
    10..You are not to lust after your fellow jews wife, nor after his dwelling, his farmland, his slave, his slavegirl, his ox or his ass, or anything your fellow jew owns...(anybody else was OK)
  • kofp ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/07/01 06:33:20 (edited)
    kofp
    Actually G-d preferably wants everyone to follow these commandments, but especially His Hebrew servants. He certainly won't fault a gentile for keeping His commandments.
  • BillyBl... kofp 2012/05/22 00:31:33
    BillyBlaine
    +1
    Shalom,
    As a practicing or observant Jew my friend you are faithfully keeping or observing the "Halakha! As a "Follower of Christ" myself, I have the utmost respect for this and you my friend! What this almost "Rhetorical" question to my mind is underscoring is the
    judgmental "Whacked out Christianist" extremism, that has a "Stranglehold" on many sincere, but ill informed folks in the US, quick to judge others who they perceive to fall short of the "Mosaic Law! All the while constantly shattering many of those Laws themselves! The question to my mind addresses the "Hypocrisy!
  • messenger 2012/05/19 19:22:20
    messenger
    Let me make this simple. Humans are not God so therefore they can not tell a person/group that they are going to hell for whatever reason. Leave judgement for God.
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/05/16 21:45:24
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    If we take the bible literally, anyone that disrespects their parents, has sex before marriage, wears clothes with multiple fabrics, works on the Sabbath (the Jewish Sabbath, btw) or eats shellfish is going to hell. I find that very unlikely, if God exists, I think he's fair - if you live as a good person and help others, no matter your downsides He'll accept you and tell you what you need to do to become a better Christian.
  • Clay Slayer 2012/05/16 21:20:15
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    Cant eat Shrimp? But you can eat Locusts???

If eating shrimp is a ticket to hell, I must have a ticket on a Bullet train....
  • SayHelloTo...Oblivion 2012/05/16 21:18:54
    SayHelloTo...Oblivion
    +2
    Do vegetarians go to hell..? Do cannibals go to hell...? If not, then people who eat shrimp don't go to hell either...
  • caroline 2012/05/16 21:13:27
    caroline
    +1
    Although i did once have a dodgy prawn sandwich and after a few days of violent food poisoning my arse did feel like it was on fire!
  • justnotsaying (: 2012/05/16 18:07:48
    justnotsaying (:
    Mmhmm
  • ALofRI 2012/05/16 16:19:55
    ALofRI
    Well, let's see....are there ANY Italians that don't eat Calamari?? Then, there's the French, that will eat ANYTHING! OMG! Those poor Southern Christians and their "Mud Puppies"!,,,,all going to hell because the Bible tells them so...what a TRAGEDY! That Bible is SOOO confusing! I got crabs once...does that count...???
  • Thomas Bryant 2012/05/16 15:43:11
    Thomas Bryant
    Nope
  • Rocko 2012/05/16 13:20:10
    Rocko
    +1
    WHAT THE HELL ??? whats with all the hell questions daw???

something bothering you ?

2014/09/30 18:01:16